Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

It is ok for a hostel. Bathroom had a really awful smell of mildew. Also the room is very small. Isolation is bad, you can hear everything through the walls. Plus sides are great staff and great breakfast.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Pretty average hostel. It was hard to shell out this much cash for it, but this is vienna. Wifi works great, but the beds are crazy dusty. Pretty sure I got bedbug bites here. It is one of the cheapest hostels in Vienna, though.

I like wombats hostels but this one was really horrible. I sat on the sofa next to the bar, but immediately left because it was smelling like someone had vormited there. There was no chilling area except area next to the kitchen but it is more like dinning room. On the room is no electric plug for every bed. If wombats in vienna not this one.

Hostel was welcoming, clean and well looked after. It was great that they have a metal door that is kept close in the evening which leads to the bedrooms. This means that if you are in bed, you won't be disturbed. The lounge area was also very nice with a range of seating for everyone to relax. After pounding the streets in the day - it was definitely needed!

This is the second time I've stayed at the Base. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was great as usual (mostly because of the coffee machine. I have yet to find another hostel that offers lattes, espresso and chocochinos. Nom). The staff was friendly and efficient when I arrived late in the evening. The only complaint I would have would be about how noisy the bedding is to get set up when you're trying to sneak in late at night. But that's not even a complaint, really.

4 bed room Pros. Safety, cleanliness, decent location, comfortable beds Cons. Feels more like a cheap hotel than a hostel/ no real atmosphere, horrible wifi, no soap!!! in the bathroom (you have to buy it at the reception, that is if they happen to still have some left) Bottom line. It is a decent option for Vienna, taking into consideration the prices for accommodation in this city, but if you are looking for a fun, friendly hostel, with a good atmosphere than you should look elsewhere.

Only one wall socket per room is to little. There should be some additional sockets.

Good buffet breakfast, for only 3,9€

You get what u pay for no more or less. Just place to sleep and rest. Frustrated with the WiFi and there is not enough place to charge the devices in the room.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

I usually choose the cheapest room, but this time I needed a good sleep so we (my boyfriend and I) took the double bed bedroom. It was amazingly clean and with private bathroom (with lots of extra toilet paper haha). We even got fresh, clean towels. The stuff was super nice and helpfull. All you can it breakfast for 3,90€ is great (fresh vegetables, diff. kind of bread, fairtrade coffee etc.). The only thing that is missing under info. is that they have cheap parking space for 4,50€ per 24h.

Kitchen was small and not well equiped (only two sharp knives, two medium pots, only small plates) also one stove top wasn't working. One night there was a group of over 20 cooking for over two hours using everything and not sharing.

all was great

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Russia

It is very clean and comfortable. The possibility to cook, bar, internet,... are very usefull. The only thing, which could be better is the storage of bikes. To bring them to the 1st floor on the terrace is quite demanding.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

As a disabled person, the only request that I made was to have a bottom bunk. I was told to work it out with my flat mates. That went over like a fart in a diver' s helmet. The only thing that saved me was that 3 people left, one from a bottom bunk. I personally think that requests like this should be given full consideration especially when you arrive and show the staff you're not lying and have braces on your legs. As for cleanliness, the staff did there best but people are pigs.

• 30th Sep 2014

Hi , I am so sorry to read that! It is really important for us to help everyone with everything we can. Normally, people ask for a special bunk and then we tell them to figure it out with their room mates. However, if someone really NEEDS the bed (which was your case) because of being disabled or because of vertigo (which would be MY case! :) ), then we always try to help. We will tell our staff to be more careful about this. SORRY! have a wonderful day! Wombats Vienna The Base Management.

there are several wombats in europe and this one is not the prettiest or biggest, but definitily that is the coolest and you will have more fun there an in any other, and I do know all of them. staff extrelly hhelpful and friendly and the organization is great. next time in vienna I shall be with you guys again. way to go.

The hostel was very nice, and not too far from the train station and subway, all commodities in tthe street nearby. It was also very clean, and you have lockers in the bedrooms My advice would be to avoid the bedrooms on the 1st floor, because they are right over the hostel bar so you hear the music until 1 or 2 pm!

Very nice and helpful staff. Location was ok, it was easily reachable by tram and a few minutes walk. Room was clean but wifi signal was really poor. Bathroom was always clean (we stayed on a 6 bed ensuite room). The pub downstairs was very cool and the breakfast was worth its price. i'd recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 26th Sep 2014

I really liked the bar and kitchen area. The only downers were location (the hostel is far from the city center) and the lack of electrical plug outlets in rooms and common areas.

• 25th Sep 2014

Hostel poorly located, the room was not very clean and even had those bugs walking around the bed.

Location is veu close to the main train station but far from Central Vienna. The wifi is terrible and only accessible when you are not around other guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7