Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

The breakfast was delicious and 3,90 is a very good price. A bit pity though that the staff insisted on speaking English with me and my friend even though we both are fluent in German... I guess they just tried to be polite but they should also at least ask (or bear in mind that some of us prefer German :)

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Finland

The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had at a hostel. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Location was far from the center and in a sketchy area near a train station. One Of the male staff was rude. They give you a free drink pass for the bar they have inside which tells you what type of place this is. 2 STA groups were there when I stayed, once again an indication of what this place is like. It's ok for the price but if your a more experienced traveler and want more than the third year in college experience this is not the place.

Great wombats! Dorms are big and clean, great kitchen and bar. Staff is awesome as always! Only downside is that it's further out than the other wombats in the city but close to the train station and you can walk to the sites in about 25 minutes. Would stay again!

Unfortunately, the hostel hosts a ton of Contiki tours making it rowdy and difficult to meet people.

Great hostel! nice people, clean rooms- A lot of effort has clearly been put into the hostel. Bar was lively too. Only negative would be that even 6 bed dorms only have one plug socket! Which is a bit of a pain. However still a great hostel

The noise from down at the bar till 2-3am was bad! Even the neighbors across the street put a sign up in their window because it was waking their kids every night. Control the noise or get rid of the bar.

Nothing compared to the other hostels on our stay- no individuality

• 13th Jul 2014

It's pretty far from downtown by walk. Except that it's pretty good.

Here bed sheets are provided and I had to make my own bed. And at the end of the stay I had to bring these sheets down to the front desk. This might cut some cost off but it's annoying to do their job by my own. Also they take security deposit 20 euro and a copy of your passport (which they will give you back at end), if you don't have any ID with you.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Close to main train station and short walk from the palace. Wombats is a little dated but rooms are comfortable and clean with a lively bar/party scene. Good cheap bars, restaurants and shops very close to the hostel. Breakfast is good for what you pay as you can refill your plate as often as you like. Tends to be a younger crowd staying here but the rooms (we stayed in a double ensuite) were well soundproofed from any noise. Have stayed here before and will again as great value for money!

Was surprised with it. Very good organized hostel, no troubles, friendly staff. Impressive cleanliness. Got better room than expected.

Rooms are not air conditioned, I was on too floor and it was ridiculously hot, even with a fan..

A bit dark and dreary looking but otherwise great. Close enough to Westbahnhof for convenience but far enough away for the quietest hostel experience. The room was hot but kudos to Wombat for providing a sheet! (Not just a comforter-first time in two weeks of air B

• 8th Jul 2014

I had a huge fun ın there. I used two of wombast ın vıenna . both of them were good but small one was much more enjoyful :) thanks for everythıng

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I stayed in a shared dorm. Bathrooms are shared and showers were really small and not as clean as I'd like them to be. Besides that the place has a great atmosphere with cheap drinks at night. Beds were comfortable and have charging docks which was great! The lockers under bed are spacious but you need your own padlock. They also have a secure luggage room and a (paid) locker for valuables in case you check out but want to leave luggage behind. All in all good stay for three days.

Hi! hope you enjoyed your time with us :) The lockers have their own key and the small lockers for valuables are for free. You just need to put in a 2 euro coin to get the key, but the locker itself gives you the 2 euro coin back once you return the key. We wish you wonderful travels!

Very much a party hostel. Makes it hard if you are actually trying to sleep at night (what a concept!)

very nice hostel and great value

Staff are cold. Location is horrible, way to far from city. Waste more money on public transport. Would recommend staying somewhere closer to city. You won't get any sleep in this hostel it is full of loud mouth drunks slamming doors untill 4 am

Hi . Sorry for the noise and the impression of "cold" staff. Our staff is really easy going and quite funny. I dont know what happened, but you can send an email to office@wombats-vienna.at if you want to complain for something. We would love to know and try to improve whatever you think we can do better. Your feedback is always welcome!

when you use a brand, please take a same quality.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7