Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

The hostel was pretty okay. The guy who was sleeping at the bottom side of the bed was farting too much so the room smelled prettty bad. But I guess that was not the hostel's fault...just my bad luck. The dudes at the reception were pretty helpfull. They answer all my questions about the city pretty accurate.

Good place, but a little bit far from the center.

A little bit far away from the city centre, but there are some trams and public transportation nearby. Great room, great bed, great shower.

Very far to city center, you need to take metro or bus, I think not cheap and the staff normal, I wanted some help and the staff spoke with me very fast and had no patience, at leat I realise feel this, the internet is very bad, all the time you need to take password on the reception. The shower is nice, there is a kitchen and free pasta.

good place for young people... little too noisy in the night for a mid- 30s single traveller like me. disappointed that the kitchen wasn't arrival in the morning. but over all very good for the price.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Japan

Located very close to the train station! The bar in the lobby was great, and they even gave us a free drink ticket when arriving. A little bit of a walk to the main sights, but definitely do-able! I would stay there again for sure.

Impressed! the staff are very very very helpful!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • China

Everything was quite good. location was little bit far from station and it's bit difficult to find it.

better than i thought

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Greece

This is a great place. The staff is very friendly and patient even when they have to deal with stubborn guests! :)) Especially those guys working night shifts, way to go for the calmness :) The hostel is surprisingly clean, the atmosphere is great and very youthful. Wombats for the win! :)

I made my booking while on the bus to Vienna. It was incredibly easy to find the hostel and I had no problems getting around the rest of the city from that location. The staff was very friendly and gave good advice about seeing the city. I would stay there again the next time I go to Vienna.

• 27th Mar 2014

The hostel is really good and worth the money. Clean, organized, fun.... really have nothing bad to say. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The "problem" is the location. It's not that close to the city center. It's not that far away either but you need to use metro lines to go anywhere. The same brand has two more hostels and their locations are better so try that too. Other than that... everything was excellent.

I think there was a group of school kids there- it was very noisy- walls, floors, doors are not isolated very well. I could hear every single word. Doors were slamed and the floors have a big echo.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The staff was fantastic! Bartenders were incredible haah

• 24th Mar 2014

There was a bed bug in my room. I stayed 21.03~23.03 in room 310. And I'm still suffering from itch.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Hi, Sorry for the experience with the bed bug. We already isolated that room and got specialised help to eliminate them. Please, if it ever happens to you again in any hostel in the world, I kindly help you to inform the reception straightaway cause it is the only way hostels have to get rid of them in the same minute and we could have help you too with the itches.

i enjoyed my stay and i will strongly recommend others :)

Super clean and tidy environment, would be perfect if the kitchen is open in the morning too. A bit far from the city centre tho.

Only 1 plug in the whole room, was very inconvenient. Location is so out of the way we got lost twice finding it.

Hi Judy! I'm sorry to hear that :- ( Did you get our city map? Cause it is quite easy to get here with that map. The directions given in our website are also pretty cool :-) From Westbahnhof straight on along Mariahilferstraße till Rosinagasse (around 3 minutes walk), then to left into Rosinagasse and that small street to the end. There you are! :-)

Excellent staff and great rooms. A special shout to the bar staff and the woman in her pajamas at 6:30 in the morning !Easy to meet new friends and hang out. Have been staying there for years when in Vienna. And I will every other visit. Thanx Everybody!!!! See you all soon!!!

clean hostel but hard to meet people unless it is in youre room. there also didnt seem to have an age limit which is important when youre looking to have some fun people to go out with!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5