Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

The staff at reception was always friendly and willing to help with anything. Very nice.

• 17th Nov 2014

No soap in bathrooms is weird. Breakfast was pretty average considering you have to pay and many hostels do for free.. Better location would be the lounge but ok for what you pay for. Clean and good wifi is a plus.

This is one of the well managed hostel. Staffs are knowleageble and informative. Hostel is located near to West Bahnhof. You can access to tramsporatations, shops and restaurants easily.

This hostel was clean and friendly. The location is pretty good for most of Vienna, especially with the metro so close by. As a solo traveller I especially liked the socialising in the bar which the wonderful bar staff helped to facilitate.

• 14th Nov 2014

The only flaw was the fact that the notice that we needed to pay extra when we changed wasn't removed, and we had to argue that we had at 7am when we checked out, other than that it was perfect. Make sure you check out the city bike stands, it costs a euro to sign up, and then it's pretty much free, as long as you don't ride for more than an hour at a time! Well worth it!

Good place. Everything very clean and facilities great. Bar was quite expensive but other than that a good place to stay

콘센트가 방에 딱 하나밖에없었음 4명방이었는데 한사람만 충전가능했음

The Base was about a 10-15 minute walk from the Metro (the other Wombat is closer to the Metro and on the main street, but seemed much louder and more of a party scene). The hostel was clean but had a very "hostel-y" look and feel. Need an id in exchange for the room keys. $1 beer happy hour. Free towels. Free wifi with good connection. Great complimentary maps. Walking distance to Schönbrunn Palace. Only complaint: they don't wash comforters (they do wash sheets)

• 10th Nov 2014

I lived in a 6 bed mixed room with bathroom. It is clean and the staffs are nice. Everything is good except its location--not far from the train station but still takes 15 mins walking distance.

Great (and pretty cheap) hostel close to the westbahnhof. One of the best hostelbreakfasts I have ever had, for only 3,90€! I could definately stay at wombat's again next time I'm in Vienna :)

The staff was really friendly and welcoming. The little hostel-bar is amazing! The prizes for booze and snacks there are hard to beat! A good place to start the night with a round of "Fußball" and some nachos & beer. The location ist close enough to the U-Bahn network but not excactly in the middle of the nightlife! I´d go back there any day, though! Good value for money

This is my second time staying at this location and I loved it just as much as the first. Would happily stay here again and recommend to friends. Also, very keen to stay at other Wombat's locations!

Location is good for the train station. It's not in a bad neighbourhood, just a quiet street off the main street. Room had ensuit but smelt a little off. Can recommend if you need to be in the area. Bar was cool and had pool table. Free drink is always a plus.

They wouldn't refund me for my reservation when I canceled 24 hours ahead and let them know I was going to be staying at another wombats in Vienna that night.

It was really good, they give you a free drink when you arrive. The location is not the best but you can get easily to the center by subway. The staff is really kind and they give very useful information. I really like it.

Good value and well run hostel. Just stayed overnight before getting a train. No complaints (but would be nice to have a plug for phone charging beside each bed!)

As far as a hotel goes, it's okay, for a hostel pretty bad. The staff are super rude and will make you feel like an idiot for asking any questions. I ended up going to the tobacco shop across the way to ask for directions etc because even they were a hell of a lot friendlier... Difficult to meet other travellers. Not one for solo backpackers like myself, but okay for a couple of nights of good rest. Spotty wifi. Location slightly out of the way but a nice walk to the sights of Vienna.

Hi , I really thank you for your feedback and we will try to find out what happened and why our staff was not able to answer your questions. I am pretty shocked because it is really important for us to help our guests and that's what makes a hostel: the friendly nice communication with guests. Our staff really loves giving directions. It could be great if you could send an email to: office@wombats-vienna.at in order to talk to them and to improve our service :)

This was my second time staying here, and both times were great experiences. The only minor downfall is the location, but it is very close to the metro so not really a big deal. Also they have two sister hostels, The Lounge and Nachmarkt that are better located. The bar is also really nice to pregame or if you just want to meet people. Nice staff that are helpful with directions, some more than others.

Wombats is an OK hostel. The location makes getting around Vienna a bit more difficult, but the wonderful metro system really helps. Don't expect to make friends here, especially as a solo traveler. Like Vienna itself, Wombats is clean and well-run, but in the end sterile. Staff were mostly helpful and friendly. My stay here wasn't unpleasant, but I would go elsewhere next time. Perhaps things would be different if I had a group.

17€/night is a bit expensive but really good value, clean, nice staff and funny bar inside with baby foot and pool, I recommend :)