Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

Really, really bad. Note to every girl traveling- ALWAYS PAY EXTRA FOR THE GIRLS ONLY ROOM. The room was so stuffy and stinky. Mehhh. Thank god I survived.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Hi Crosley! thanks for your review :) Actually we don't charge any extra for the Girls only room. Sorry that you had such a bad experience with your room mates : (

Staff felt cold and impersonal. Understandable for a big enterprise.

Sorry that we gave you that Feeling, Yeow. Actually we try to be personal and warm with our guests, it is really important for everyone working at Wombats to try to get a warm friendship Feeling with our guests. Sorry that we didn'T give you the real Impression : (

Very bad security, anyone can entry to the hostel. Some one stole my beer and my food from the freeze, and I use hostels from 12 years in a row. The location is pretty far for metro station. Also is very expensive place.

Amazing hostel!! I'll recommend it to everybody! It was really amazing.. There's a bar on the 1st floor! The room was very good and i could even cook my dinner in the kitchen. Fantastic!

• 20th Dec 2014

Bad security, someone stole my food and beer. Pretty far for main street. Very expensive. Good, it has elevator and a bar.

Staffs are down to earth and very helpful people. They have their own bar and pool. Beer in the bar is cheap. Have a very awesome vibe.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Mongolia

Really need more power plugs in the rooms. 6 girls fighting over one plug in the room and one in the bathroom wasn't a pretty sight

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! Great value for money breakfast buffet and fast WiFi.

• 8th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice, friendly staff. Great, filling breakfast. Value for money!

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

everything was very good... convenient location, friendly and helpfull staff, clean room, good breakfast. Definitely recommend!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Slovakia

Positives - comfortable beds, en suite rooms, free w-lan even on 7th floor, free drink, new kitchen, free map, free tea, pasta and rice, linen included, central location, good public transport links. Negatives - kitchen is closed to self-caterers in the mornings, and needs more crockery and utensils, bar is geared towards a drunken nightclub experience, and is not somewhere for a quiet drink or chat, but the dining area can be used for this.

Great and helpful staff!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Bitte mehr Steckdosen in den Zimmern

Everything is good, it would be the best choice I found in koln.

Everybody was very friendly and helpful. Thanks to all the stuff.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

Liked the free drink coupon was cute, didn't like the fact that we had to share plug sockets since there wasn't one by our beds so an extension was needed to be shared and the worse part is I had to give a deposit even though the room should of had one anyway. Didn't like that long walk from the station either but it was still nice to stay in

Amazing thing you did there with the bar, young workers and decoration in the lobby. :D

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Clean hostel. Bit far from tourist attractions but near to main railway station. Nice inhouse pub. May stay there again!

It is far from the main attractions of the city and it's a hidden hostel in comparison with others wombats hostels. Despite this, hostel's facilities is amazing, staff very friendly, delicious breakfast and a good value for money at all. I enjoyed my stay there.

Minibar should work `till 2 AM :)

• 23rd Nov 2014