Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

Very noisy at night, but it is due its size. Otherwise it was very nice to stay there. The location is not the best, but when you need to be near the 16., it is very good. Would recommend it for staying one or max two nights.

the base is as you know a little far from the west station but when I was familiar with the road, It was ok main street was not scared but specially the alley which in front of the hostel really dark (actually no harm only scared) except that, everything is good

It's a really good hostel, I will for sure look always on my trips around europe to Wombats Hostel, the atmosphere and Staff are awesome, also the rooms and everything, but I had a really great time with some people of Staff Like Johnny and the mexican girl at the bar, and some others of the staff!!

• 20th Nov 2014

Very cool spot. Definitely a great hostel to meet people and make new friends. Friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. They basically take care of all your needs for a reasonable price. I highly recommend staying here.

• 18th Nov 2014

The staff at reception was always friendly and willing to help with anything. Very nice.

• 17th Nov 2014

No soap in bathrooms is weird. Breakfast was pretty average considering you have to pay and many hostels do for free.. Better location would be the lounge but ok for what you pay for. Clean and good wifi is a plus.

This is one of the well managed hostel. Staffs are knowleageble and informative. Hostel is located near to West Bahnhof. You can access to tramsporatations, shops and restaurants easily.

This hostel was clean and friendly. The location is pretty good for most of Vienna, especially with the metro so close by. As a solo traveller I especially liked the socialising in the bar which the wonderful bar staff helped to facilitate.

• 14th Nov 2014

The only flaw was the fact that the notice that we needed to pay extra when we changed wasn't removed, and we had to argue that we had at 7am when we checked out, other than that it was perfect. Make sure you check out the city bike stands, it costs a euro to sign up, and then it's pretty much free, as long as you don't ride for more than an hour at a time! Well worth it!

Good place. Everything very clean and facilities great. Bar was quite expensive but other than that a good place to stay

콘센트가 방에 딱 하나밖에없었음 4명방이었는데 한사람만 충전가능했음

The Base was about a 10-15 minute walk from the Metro (the other Wombat is closer to the Metro and on the main street, but seemed much louder and more of a party scene). The hostel was clean but had a very "hostel-y" look and feel. Need an id in exchange for the room keys. $1 beer happy hour. Free towels. Free wifi with good connection. Great complimentary maps. Walking distance to Schönbrunn Palace. Only complaint: they don't wash comforters (they do wash sheets)

• 10th Nov 2014

I lived in a 6 bed mixed room with bathroom. It is clean and the staffs are nice. Everything is good except its location--not far from the train station but still takes 15 mins walking distance.

Great (and pretty cheap) hostel close to the westbahnhof. One of the best hostelbreakfasts I have ever had, for only 3,90€! I could definately stay at wombat's again next time I'm in Vienna :)

The staff was really friendly and welcoming. The little hostel-bar is amazing! The prizes for booze and snacks there are hard to beat! A good place to start the night with a round of "Fußball" and some nachos & beer. The location ist close enough to the U-Bahn network but not excactly in the middle of the nightlife! I´d go back there any day, though! Good value for money

This is my second time staying at this location and I loved it just as much as the first. Would happily stay here again and recommend to friends. Also, very keen to stay at other Wombat's locations!

Location is good for the train station. It's not in a bad neighbourhood, just a quiet street off the main street. Room had ensuit but smelt a little off. Can recommend if you need to be in the area. Bar was cool and had pool table. Free drink is always a plus.

They wouldn't refund me for my reservation when I canceled 24 hours ahead and let them know I was going to be staying at another wombats in Vienna that night.

It was really good, they give you a free drink when you arrive. The location is not the best but you can get easily to the center by subway. The staff is really kind and they give very useful information. I really like it.

Good value and well run hostel. Just stayed overnight before getting a train. No complaints (but would be nice to have a plug for phone charging beside each bed!)