Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

Thank you for giving us free breakfast!! (Because we let a man to live in) So nice of you!

Quite far from the old town, didn't have a fantastic vibe. Quiet a few older people and families staying there however this may have been because there were quite a few concerts in town the few days I was there. I went to both other wombats hostels while I was there for a couple of things & the vibes were much better. More solo traveller friendly! I would suggest stay here as a last resort.

Hi! Our guests are different from day to day as in every other hostel :)We do actually have a great kitchen area where our guests meet each other and solo travellers end up having new friends everyday (I have experienced it in the hostel myself! :) ). Our bar uses to be also a good meeting point for people travelling alone. We are located between the city center and the Schönbrunn Palace, which makes it a perfect location to visit 2 of the most important points of interests in Vienna:)

The hostel is a bit of a walk from the city center and where a lot of the activity is in Vienna. I was also a little bit disappointed that the bar area was filled with middle schoolers. Not sure if that is typical for this hostel. The rooms were a great value for the money. Also had a very solid wifi connection.

My only real complaint is that they need more wall outlets. One per room just does not seem like enough.

We stayed in a 4bed mixed, with our own bathroom, locked cupboard, good beds, a fan. All your need! Nice bar and kitchen well equiped. We were about 30min from nashmarkt and the city center, but there is tram/metro for those who don't want to walk. Great stay in vienna!!

• 20th Jun 2014

I think I would have found a better value for my money elsewhere. Shared bathrooms between 6 people... Eh. Especially when you're two women with four men who can't seem to learn how the toilet works. There's hardly any outlets in the room. Paying for breakfast? Didn't do it. There's supermarkets everywhere, and their kitchen is fantastic, when it's open. Overall, it's a school group party hostel. Not my thing, personally.

Hi! Thanks for your review ;) We are working on the outlets, promised :-) We have 75 rooms and we are doing it one after the other. In our common areas we do have more outlets for you and our reception staff will also be happy to charge for you your devices at the reception. Unfortunately, we can not do anything with those men (or women!) who cant seem to learn how the the toiltet works. However, we do have smaller rooms (quads, triples, doubles and singles) and also Only Girl rooms :)

Enjoyed my stay here. Staff are helpful and kind, good atmosphere, good facilities, good security, location is okay it is within walking distance to the center but takes 30 mins so can be tiring but there is a metro just down the road and the beds can be a little squeaky and annoying

Very nice hostel, rooms are spacious and quite, far away from the reception and bar. Is quite a 10 min. walk from the nearest subway station. Staff were firendly and very helpful.

The lounge (or place) has an awesome atmosphere with a bar downstairs with cheap prices. The rooms and bathrooms (at least for a private 2 bed) are clean but the showers could be a bit bigger (kinda cramped in there). The staff is super friendly and willing to help with whatever you need. The location isn't in the heart of Vienna, but it's 3 minutes walking from a metro so you can easily get into the city.

the staff are very welcoming, the hostel is very big so if you are on your own you can easily get talking to people in the bar. there is lots of information about the local area, near good transport links. i would stay in this hostel again. this hostel has some of the best cooking facilities i have seen in a hostel.

Very good hostel!!! A nice surprise was that we were a 6 dorm and had our own shower and wc! Bad: only one plug for six people! Suggest to put keycard and strongest wifi! Coming back there when in viena again

Pros: near the center, good luggage room, good showers, free drink on arrival (0,2cl of beer), great bar and terrace, full equipped kitchen, good Wi-Fi Cons: lack of outlets, lack of space for backpack in dormitories, 10 mins walk to a supermarket, average comfort beds.

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Not enough plug sockets for everyone in room. Very clean and decent beds. Good value for money.

This is the cheapest among the three wombats hostels in budapest. I guess the price is due to the location. It just takes extra few more mins walk from the wombats lounge hostel. But there is CityBike station near the main street so it really doesn't matter for me. As facilities/cleanliness and everything else about the hostel are good enough.

good party spot. other than that the place was just ok

Great hostel! Clean, lockers and reading lights for each bed (more outlets would be nice), close to U-Bahn. I didn't have a guidebook, so I used the free map/guide I was given at the front desk and it was incredibly helpful-- it lists museums, transportation, parks, top sights, restaurants, etc.

night life at the hostel was great. bartenders were awesome. location in a nice neighborhood with tons of places to eat and places to shop for groceries. kitchen was big.

Despite its location right next to the rail station, it actually takes quite a walk there! Yet everything went very fine. We had a nice stay here. One free drink voucher is given for you to meet friends in the bar.

Very helpful and nice staff, clean and good facilities in general. Music in the bar was very loud the whole time so it wasn't a good place to relax. Everything else was great. We enjoyed our stay.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I stayed 2 nights, in a different room for each. Very clean and close to transport. Extremely noisy at night though. The rooms often hot

• 6th Jun 2014