Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

To improve just some wheelchair accessibility...

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Very clean facilities, lovely staff, amazing breakfast!

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

The party on Friday was way too loud. I had a long day and needed rest and didn't get to sleep because of extremely loud music and obnoxious drunk teenagers screaming in the hallways.

• 1st Nov 2013

staff not friendly, check in is so late, u must wait a lot, no plug in room!

• 1st Nov 2013

Perfect place ....

Perfect Hotel, we had soooooo much fun, can't wait for the next time!

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Austria

I really loved the wombats- one of my top hostels I've stayed in. I was concerned of the location of the hostel as it was down a few dark alleys, and trying to get to it at night was scary. The neighborhood around it also seemed very sketchy and I almost wished I would have stayed at the Lounge instead due to the location. They have a breakfast- 3.90 euros but very good and filling. No soap in bathrooms :/ and the bar is a great way to meet new people- They also give you a free drink! Awesome!

Just one power socket in a dorm room.

It was great, I was there for 7 nights. Everything was clean, the rooms were very warm and it was a great atmosphere. The kitchen was perfect and you could have free tea there! It was my firs time in a Hostel and I was really surprised by the good conditions!

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Albania

Out of the 3 wombats in Vienna, this would be the one I wouldn't recommend last. Location is a bit out of the way, and only one member of staff for the morning checkout rush, for a hostel with so many beds. Morning breakfast was a life-saver, you had to pay, but worth it for about 3.90. Weirdly, I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and there was only one power outlet. Don't forget to ask for a towel when you check in, no charge!

Far from the principal places on the city and to te metro, a little dangerous region, but cheap and with a excelent breakfast!

Our stay at the Wombats City Hostel was great! The staff are so friendly and really easy to chat to, they also helped us out quite a lot with directions as we were rubbish! Rooms were clean with a locker for each person which was a bonus. The only improvement would be breakfast, €3,90 for all you can eat, but it's not the best and we didn't really each much so saved our money and bought a pretzel everyday! Definitely stay here again though! And looking at booking wombats in Munich next!

• 27th Oct 2013

Breakfast was very nice!

Simple room but exactly what we wanted - and more than ok for the little money we spent. Loved the fact, that it was a double bed with a single mattress. Koa Glumsn! Breakfast great value. Schneider Weißbier in the bar - that was awesome. Gösser Bier on the other hand... But hey, if that's what they really drink in Vienna, do as the locals do! ;-) Location was great for sight seeing - Schönbrunn is just a few minutes walk away. We would stay at Wombats again any time!

Very nice and friendly people, the location is good and the price is more than satisfactory.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Bulgaria

very noisy all around; smoking rules not accepted

good for stay.location is great.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »