Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

The windows in the private rooms are gorgeous, the breakfast was delicious and full of variety.

Was surprised with it. Very good organized hostel, no troubles, friendly staff. Impressive cleanliness. Got better room than expected.

Rooms are not air conditioned, I was on too floor and it was ridiculously hot, even with a fan..

A bit dark and dreary looking but otherwise great. Close enough to Westbahnhof for convenience but far enough away for the quietest hostel experience. The room was hot but kudos to Wombat for providing a sheet! (Not just a comforter-first time in two weeks of air B

• 8th Jul 2014

I had a huge fun ın there. I used two of wombast ın vıenna . both of them were good but small one was much more enjoyful :) thanks for everythıng

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I stayed in a shared dorm. Bathrooms are shared and showers were really small and not as clean as I'd like them to be. Besides that the place has a great atmosphere with cheap drinks at night. Beds were comfortable and have charging docks which was great! The lockers under bed are spacious but you need your own padlock. They also have a secure luggage room and a (paid) locker for valuables in case you check out but want to leave luggage behind. All in all good stay for three days.

Hi! hope you enjoyed your time with us :) The lockers have their own key and the small lockers for valuables are for free. You just need to put in a 2 euro coin to get the key, but the locker itself gives you the 2 euro coin back once you return the key. We wish you wonderful travels!

Very much a party hostel. Makes it hard if you are actually trying to sleep at night (what a concept!)

very nice hostel and great value

Staff are cold. Location is horrible, way to far from city. Waste more money on public transport. Would recommend staying somewhere closer to city. You won't get any sleep in this hostel it is full of loud mouth drunks slamming doors untill 4 am

Hi . Sorry for the noise and the impression of "cold" staff. Our staff is really easy going and quite funny. I dont know what happened, but you can send an email to office@wombats-vienna.at if you want to complain for something. We would love to know and try to improve whatever you think we can do better. Your feedback is always welcome!

when you use a brand, please take a same quality.

I really liked how they had lockers in each room and we even had our own bathroom. The staff was super awesome and the atmosphere of the place was super legit. I would definitely go back and reccommend to friends staying in Vienna.

Immediately after we arrived the staff provided recommendations on places to go. Breakfast was unlimited and the best of any hostel we have stayed at. The baggage storage area was convenient and all rooms had lockers for keeping stuff safe. Very clean, helpful, conveniently located-- especially with the other wombats hostels around the city, this is the place to stay in Vienna!! Highly recommended.

Hey! Good to read that. We really hope to see u again in any wombats hostel and we wish you safe and wonderful travels!

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

We are happy to hear that!!! :)

Location close to Westbahnhof train and metro makes it easy to get to, helpful and friendly staff, clean!

Lovely staff and cool hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Isn't it funny how each hostel has its own vibe, and that vibe is typically discernible as soon as you walk in the door? Wombats proves no exception. The hostel really sums itself up for its visitors right at the reception desk, above which hangs an ad for 50 cent condoms. You see, I've come across two kinds of hostels in Europe: the small, intimate, chill ones, and ones like Wombats: clean, efficient, and utterly soulless. Also breakfast was too expensive.

Friendly staff; very comfortable.

• 1st Jul 2014

I was inter railing on a very on a very tight budget so this place was at the upper end of my budget but that is probably because Vienna is quite an expensive place. The hostel was nice and the staff were friendly and the bar was good. I only stayed for one night so I didn't get a full appreciation of the hostel. Though it didn't feel like it had quite the same close knit community feel as other hostels that I have been to. I think it's a good hostel to come to if you are already in a group.

Location of The Base is compared to the other two Wombats in Vienna the least, but beds and facilities are good. There is a big locker for everyone in the room and a light at every bed. There weren't enough sockets in the room though. We had hoped that it would be a social hostel, but when we were there, there were loads of schoolgroups. The social area might be better without 16- and 17-years old staying in the hostel.

Awesome hostel with everything you can wish for (breakfast xith real coffee, bar, personal locker, cool staff, real bathroom, good valuee for money). Only downsides : the wifi doesnt work well on smartphones, and it was very hot in the room (it was hot as well outside). I'll come back there next time, maybe at a more central location!