Wombats City Hostel Vienna- The Base Reviews

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

My friends and I stayed in the hostel for 2 nights. We were really happy with it! Great location, clean rooms, convenient bar in the hostel... :) The only thing that was a bit bugging us, was the limited number of plugs in the room, but we charged our phones one by one, and it was OK. I would recommend this hostel for sure.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel has an excellent value for money!

Great place to saty, really helpful staff, good bar

The common area is not very clean but the room that we stayed in was in excellent condition. We loved the kitchen and the dining room where people could meet up and chatted while preparing their meals although the fridge was quite small.

I have to say that the dinning/breakfast area is also my favourite place when guests start chatting and cooking together. Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! ;-)

Staff assigned us beds that were not cleared by previous occupants. When we tried to tell them the situation, they explained it as stuff left by our roommates and suggested we settle it with them later, which is an odd explanation. Had to clear the beds ourselves in the end which was kinda gross since one of the bedsheets was stained. Not the best Wombat's experience.

The hostel is huge and despite is not in the very city center, is very easy / cheap to go there. The environment is awesome, the party goes on untill the sunshine! I would definently recomend it!

And the hostel is also made by guests like you, who really make the atmosphere cool and give the hostel that special thing that every hostel need. Thanks!

Almost excellent hostel atmosphere. Good hostel's bar. Staff speaks english very well. The cons are pure wi-fi connectivity, and the rule to check out before 10am. It might be hard to wake up, have some breakfast and check out when you like to sleep much or you're tired

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

But you can do it the other way around: you check out around ten and THEN have breakfast :-) Also, you can afterwards lay down in the sofas or upstairs in our cool terrace.

We stayed here after staying at Wombat's in Munich. Although The Base was clean and near the station it didn't have the same atmosphere. Seemed to be really popular for class groups so there was a lot of young people around. Also the whole place is quite dark and though there is a bar, there wasn't any other chill out area. Still a good hostel but the weakest of the Wombat's we stayed in (the other being Budapest).

Sorry that you got the class groups week, which is normally one or two weeks before easter : -( I know we don't have the huge chill out areas from Munich and Budapest (they are bigger hostels anyway, with way more beds ;-) ) but you forgot to mention our cool terrace!! the diamond of the house :-) Anyway, I hope you really enjoyed your stay with us and we are happy to know that you like wombats that much :-)

The hostel was clean and the room was well appointed. Throughout our stay the staff was friendly and accomadating. There was a slight probelm maintaining a stable wifi connection, but it did reach the rooms easily. Also, the elevator was very slow. The hostel was easy walking distance from the train station, which made getting around Vienna a breeze. The breakfast, for 3.90, was quite good and worth the cost.

Wombats is quite a perfect hostel except the location when you go for first time. Both the staff for the base and the lounge are very helpful and friendly.

It was good, only for young people because there is environment of party

The hostel was pretty okay. The guy who was sleeping at the bottom side of the bed was farting too much so the room smelled prettty bad. But I guess that was not the hostel's fault...just my bad luck. The dudes at the reception were pretty helpfull. They answer all my questions about the city pretty accurate.

Sorry to hear your experience with the farting guy :- ( Next time we could maybe give him some tea against farting problems? :-D Just kidding, you can ask at the front desk if there is a way to change rooms and if there is something free we can always try our best to give you another room :-)

Good place, but a little bit far from the center.

A little bit far away from the city centre, but there are some trams and public transportation nearby. Great room, great bed, great shower.

And I have to add: great guests! :-)

Very far to city center, you need to take metro or bus, I think not cheap and the staff normal, I wanted some help and the staff spoke with me very fast and had no patience, at leat I realise feel this, the internet is very bad, all the time you need to take password on the reception. The shower is nice, there is a kitchen and free pasta.

Hi! I am really sorry that we talked so fast with you, we will try our best to improve that :-( Normally, we do have a lot of patience and we love talking to our guests, cause there are so many things to learn from you :-) The ride to the city center might seem long, but it is quite easy and fast, many young people live in this area cause the center and the good places are easy to reach from Westbahnhof :-) Hope you enjoyed Vienna anyway :-)

good place for young people... little too noisy in the night for a mid- 30s single traveller like me. disappointed that the kitchen wasn't arrival in the morning. but over all very good for the price.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Japan

Hey, come on! Mid 30s is a cool age! ;-) We try to keep the younger ones under control and we promise to improve that. It is difficult to get everyone happy, but we promise we will try to get a good mix between party young tigers and mid 30s chilled travellers (our staff is a good mix of both anyway :-) ).

Located very close to the train station! The bar in the lobby was great, and they even gave us a free drink ticket when arriving. A little bit of a walk to the main sights, but definitely do-able! I would stay there again for sure.

Hey! We are happy to know that you enjoyed it :-) Come visit us again!

Impressed! the staff are very very very helpful!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • China

Everything was quite good. location was little bit far from station and it's bit difficult to find it.

better than i thought