Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Located right around the corner from where the airport bus drops you off, and about a thirty minute walk from the center, so the location is really good, especially if you have an early morning flight. Staff are great.

Cool staff, there was a mixed up on the access cards given to us but for this mistake she gave us additional free drink vouchers! :)

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Philippines

To require my ID as a guarantee - for me it´s a violation of law. a copy of id or any doc with a pic should be required. Security arrangements should be improved - the neighborhood of Westbhf, Mariahilferstr. itself a refugee camp around /Lindengasse/ with strange faces fighting in the evening while at the reception there were only three nice ladies and an open door in the backyard from the main street at 11 PM - doesn´t give a feeling of security.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Slovakia

Hi! Thank you for your feedback! Regarding the ID I have to tell you that you can also give a copy of ID or another doc with a pic on it. I'm sorry that there was a misunderstanding! The refugee camp is not near us - it's around 15 minute walking distance from us in the middle of the inner 7th district. Also I want to note that a refugee camp does not automatically means security issues. We don't have any issues at the hostel with refugees! Also we don't have a backyard with an open door (or even a closed door for that matter)! Have a good one!

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Some positive points are: lockers that lock/unlock with your keycard, that is also used to access the room and the room corridor (a plus for safety!). Very good night club within the hostel, that is in the basement and doesn't disturb at all if you want to sleep. Complete buffet breakfast for 4.5€, a bargain comparing prices of cafeterias in Vienna. I would definitely go back there during my net trip to Vienna.

The staff was so friendly and helpful! Kitchen was great and fully equipped! Lockers in rooms are very secure! Comfy beds, towels included, breakfast was pretty good...everything was pretty great! Couldn't ask for anything more :) would definitely stay here again

Amazing atmosphere made friends that I met in other parts of the world. Would definitely stay here again. Comfy beds, cool bar downstairs, nice kitchen and lounge areas

the room was a little overheated, everything else was ok

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Austria

nice hostel, with plenty of facilities, breakfast is to expensive for what it has. you d rather have it in another place. room was ok, wifi works well. too. i cant refused for anything price is accorded on what you got.

Hello :) I'm very sorry that you find our all-you-can-eat buffett breakfast (brown bread, austrian "semmel", toast, ham, cheese, salami, vegetabel, fruit, coffee, tee, hot chocolate, jam, peanut butter, nutella, cereals, etc..) too expensive, though you won't find anything comparable for that price in Vienna (maybe 1coffee+1 plain croissant) ;) All the best Kerstin

Great atmosphere and friendly staff

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Wales

good hostel! beds comfortable, with plugs and lamp. location close enough to use publuc transport easily. staff friendly and knowledgeable.

This hostel is nice and easy to find, and offers a decent breakfast for 4.50 euros. It's a good hostel!

The location is great, breakfast, facilities and atmosphere all perfect. The only problem is that the cleaning is very superficial: the shower floor was sticking and the drain was clogged.

Such a great place to stay, on par with the beauty of the city and the breakfasts were bloody amazing.

Wombats is for me the best Hostel chain, however, there is still something that I miss which is meeting people there... Somehow it does not have an atmosphere for meeting anyone.

• 16th Jan 2016

Awesome hostel, booked coz it was cheap- was totally surprised with how good it was. Real cheap drinks from bar and cool atmosphere

Decent hostel that's got a good vibe and spacious rooms.

I was planning to stay in the other Wombat's hostel in Vienna, so pay attention to what hostel you are making the reservation. The location is excellent, really close to the Westbahnhof station. I had an incident with this really weird person that was annoying me in my bedroom and the staff was really helpful and let me change my room. Breakfast is not included but is excellent. The ambient is great with spaceful living rooms and a bar.

Thank you for your Feedback and sorry for the encounter with this weirdo!! I'm very happy that our staff was able to solve this situation to your satisfaction :)!

Clean room and good facilities. Not much atmosphere but I've been staying in smaller, family orientated hostels so standards were high. Not far from city centre but you will probably need public transport. Check out is 10am - would be great if they gave even an extra half hour.

Good, clean and friendly place to stay for a very small price.

Great hostel and good location near the u3 line