Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Wombats yo!!!

It had a hotel feel with families staying there. It is really big so hard to have any type of chill atmosphere. Really clean but too big.

Stayed in an all girls dorm and everyone was in bed around 10.30pm so if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep than this is perfect. Hostel advocates how it is rated highly for cleanliness however the room could have been a lot cleaner. Kitchen and social areas had fruit flys also. Ok hostel but definitely could be cleaner and have a bit more atmosphere.

it is really far from center. i didn't like the rooms. but it has a great bar though.

The best hostel i have visited. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. Great humor and very nice to us. We could use their guest shower while we waited to check in. Breakfast for like 3-4€ was also good.

Very close to train station, but horrible area at night. Went out to dinner one night and walked 2 blocks to go back and was offered drugs 3 times.. Other than that it's great hostel. Very friendly staff.

I like Wombats City Hostel - The Lounge in Vienna. I and my wife went to Vienna for honey moon. We were tired because of the 14 hrs long flight. We took the bus to Westbahnhof after we get off the plant. The Lounge was very easy to find. This made us a quick check-in and also helped us take a nice shower to wake up our tired body. The Lounge is also very closed to U-bahn. The transportation is really convenient if you choose Wombats The Lounge.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Very cool hostel with a lot guests. Had their own bar which was great for meeting people. Overall great atmosphere, would definitely recommend for others.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wombats is run by very nice and helpful staff. Their Vienna location doesn't have all that much atmosphere other than staying... At least compared to the Budapest spot that's pretty awesome.

Clean, modern and well located hostel

We had an ensuite double private room which was clean and had a huge bathroom. The facilities were great and staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great start to the day and worth the 3.90 Euros (really helpful to have in the morning). Having the bar downstairs (was also great to have and free pool is always a bonus! The location was really good - 1 minute walk (or less) from the nearest tube which linked you to everywhere.

Great one night stay. Everything was as expected, great wifi and common space chargers. Lockers were large with Ensuite bathroom. Some if the dudes in the room smelled pretty bad and the room is quite small, but not the hostels fault. I was in a 4 make only dorm. Maybe woulda chose mixed or maybe even 6 for a larger room / more ventilation. Close to westbanhof.

Located right next to the station in Vienna, so great location for Interrail or Eurrail pass holders - however it is a little further from the centre than other Viennese hostels. However, it has a great bar with pool tables - great for meeting fellow travellers. The hostel is also secure, reasonably quiet, clean and tidy - I would stay here again.

Great location by the train station, clean, nice staff. Had a good stay!

The breakfst is a great value! The staff is really nice, the bar downstairs is really good to meet people, really enjoyed my stay in here :D it's a great hostel overall :) Definitely recommend it to anyone

Great place, the staff is really nice and helpfull. Rooms are big, the bar is great and you can get to meet heaps of people :D

+ Lockers big enough to accommodate your large backpack. + Free WiFi + Elevator - Breakfast not included

Pretty good location, walking distance from Westbanhof train station and also not very far from the Ring. Easy to access and also very safe!

Its a great hostel, well located. Meters away from the metro. The people that work there, are super friendly and kind. The bathrooms in the rooms could be a little bt better, but they are ok!

I didn't enjoy this hostel as much as others. It's located close to the metro , but not to the city centre. I found the hostel a bit old, specially the furniture,the bathroom and kitchen. I found my locker opened when I came back to the room, so i would say that that card system is not that good. In general I didn't like the hostel much, compared to others I have stayed in. I went to the other wombat in Vienna and seemed much nicer. Not a really bad one, but not a highly recomended. Nice staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7