Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Great staff and location! Breakfast was also awesome.......they have a sandwich press and it rules!

The staff were great, super friendly. The atmosphere was really laid-back. I thought the breakfast was a bit steep (pricey) at 3,50euro, but cest la vie. Otherwise, the Internet was a bit finicky (in and out) especially in the common areas. Needless to say if that's the only complaint I had, I'd say this place was top-notch for the price. One thing though, the walking tour with Claudia was supremely disappointing. She had very little information and very little personality.

Internet was slow, this is unacceptable in the year 2015.

The smell of the two rooms' bathrooms I stayed was horrible. And the mattress cover was very dirty and broken.

very big. not great for a solo teaveller but very comfortable

The location is great, but the wifi is the weakest of all hostels I stayed.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Great hostel. Bar was really cool, but it shut before 1 which I thought was a bit strange as there were so many people drinking. Still, there were enough people up for a night out that we went elsewhere. Staff were all really friendly and it was in a great location.

We thought Wombats was great because of how close it was to the Westbahnhof and Mariahilferstrasse, the cleanliness and good quality of the rooms, and the facilities they offer. We felt really comfortable there and would not hesitate to come back, in fact between us we have stayed with Wombats about 6 or 7 times across various cities.

The staff was really kind and helpful. The only drawback that we found was the bed, which was a bit uncomfortable.

Nice place. Close to westbanhof.

Great bar downstairs!

Great facilities, as all Wombats hostels. Staff was very friendly and prestative. The hostel is near Westbanhof, a large hub in Vienna transportation, and, as happens many times in places like that, there was some strage people in the streets near the hostel, althought I've never felt insecure (Vienna is a very safe city). As suggestion, I stayed in a doublebed ensuite, and there was only one soket above the bed, a second one would be welcome :)

The hostel is close to the train station but you have to get a subway into the centre. I wished I had stayed at their sister hostel which is closer to everything! I was in a room of Spanish speaking guys so I felt quite isolated. Although I do understand it is hard to make sure you are with English speakers. The hostel didn't really have much of a community atmosphere so I would prefer to say elsewhere next time.

Great place, a would recommend Wombats to almost anyone. Other than it being in the expensive side of our price range, The Place really delivers on what travellers want. Nice beds, clean rooms, great location, and the bar in he basement is great especially since viennas nightlife isn't spectacular. They even have these little bedside tables with electrical outlets that are really handy. It's worth the money

• 17th Aug 2015

Literally the only fault I can find with this hostel is that they could have had nicer toilet roll in the rooms... Everything else was absolutely fantastic!

After staying at the wombats naschmarket up the road for 2 nights, I had high expectations of this place. It turned out to be a disappointment. While it had a nice area downstairs to chill, the wifi was a joke to use. Have had better wifi in Albania. Furthermore, locker was broken and there are no wall sockets for each bed. I recommend staying at wombats naschmarket rather than here

Excellent location and really open minded management policies Helpfull and eager to help staff as well.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Romania

Staff was very helpful

Nice people, open common room and cool atmosphere.

A bit pricey, but it has a good atmosphere and the facilities are pretty good (good kitchen, snooker table, bar, chill out areas etc). Even though it is near the trams and westbahnhof station, you really don't need to use them as Vienna is very flat and walking to the main tourist areas isn't too far. Breakfast good value è.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7