Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The location is pretty good, but the beds and the drawers are a little bit too old.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

As a solo traveller I wouldn't recommend this hostel. All the other travellers were in rather large groups or couples. I feel like there needs to be some kind of tour to bring people together. But the hostel was clean and I always had a warm shower. The breakfast in the morning was good and worth the price I think as you can have as much as you want. Some of the staff were really friendly and helpful too. Not a bad stay at all just wish it was a bit easier to meet people!

Good hostel but naschmarket is better. Facilities good and staff helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed our short stay at wombats. Although it's not in e city centre there are great transport links near by and we didn't find it difficult to get anywhere. Room was clean, facilities were good and staff were mostly really helpful. Our only complaint is that there is only one plug in the main area of the bedroom. The other 3 are right by the door which isn't very useful if you need to use things that are charging for example. Breakfast was really good and well worth the €3.90 we thought.

Perfect for westbanof station, easy metro ride into centre. Big hostel but not very social, lots of big groups, msybe just bsd timing on our part. Staff were lovely, gave fantastic tips. Grest thai place near by.

Happy with the hostel! I think it's a little bit too far from the centre of Vienna and the beds weren't the nicest (I don't expect them to be perfect!). Good common room where a few people hang out. The bar was very quiet each night that we went down. All-in-all, a good place to go for a few chilled out days in Vienna and very close to Wien Westbahnof, which is very handy!

The room is realy small for 6 beds. In the summer is unbearably hot. The fan doesn`t work properly. I don`t recomend to stay in the summer time there. They need to get air conditioners for all bedrooms. The bed is confortable and the shower is good. Staff was helpfull with everything I needed.

The hostel is very nice and clean. Staff is helpful and the rooms have a good size. It's not in downtown, but it's just a few steps from the subway. Wi-fi wasn't working well.

Great staff and location! Breakfast was also awesome.......they have a sandwich press and it rules!

Location is good. Staff are helpful. Just that, need to pay for facilities used like computer. Also, only has 3 sockets in a 6bed dorm; would be better if each bed has a socket.

the location was very good. it takes 5 minutes by walk from station. the building is quite huge. but Wi-Fi connection is bad and then linen is not also clean

The staff were great, super friendly. The atmosphere was really laid-back. I thought the breakfast was a bit steep (pricey) at 3,50euro, but cest la vie. Otherwise, the Internet was a bit finicky (in and out) especially in the common areas. Needless to say if that's the only complaint I had, I'd say this place was top-notch for the price. One thing though, the walking tour with Claudia was supremely disappointing. She had very little information and very little personality.

Internet was slow, this is unacceptable in the year 2015.

The smell of the two rooms' bathrooms I stayed was horrible. And the mattress cover was very dirty and broken.

very big. not great for a solo teaveller but very comfortable

The location is great, but the wifi is the weakest of all hostels I stayed.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

I loved the fact the railway station was across the road. Just a good walk to the most important attractions.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Great hostel. Bar was really cool, but it shut before 1 which I thought was a bit strange as there were so many people drinking. Still, there were enough people up for a night out that we went elsewhere. Staff were all really friendly and it was in a great location.

We thought Wombats was great because of how close it was to the Westbahnhof and Mariahilferstrasse, the cleanliness and good quality of the rooms, and the facilities they offer. We felt really comfortable there and would not hesitate to come back, in fact between us we have stayed with Wombats about 6 or 7 times across various cities.

The staff was really kind and helpful. The only drawback that we found was the bed, which was a bit uncomfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7