Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Good location right next to the train station. Clean spacious room and bathroom.

Was quite expensive and had to make our own beds and take our sheets off.. We got there at 2 and our beds weren't made yet either. The location is close to the station but a long long walk to the main buzzing area - also wifi doesn't work!

Not that central, but close to the underground. Rooms are of good size, and big windows along with fans keeps the temperature acceptable. Breakfast is really good, and the hostel bar is really cheap, and a great place for meeting people. Internet was a bit unstable, but you are so busy having fun with your new friends so it don't matter. Erika in the reception is really welcoming and just so adorable (and really hot). Fell in love with both her and Vienna. -Petter

Stayed in Vienna for 2 nights to relax in between traveling. This hostel was all I needed and more! Great facilities, loved the bar/dining areas. Lots of opportunity to meet new people.

Facilities in the hostel were good, but most washing machines were broken so we had to wait until very late at night to get a turn. Breakfast is also expensive for what you get. I also found a lot of the staff unfriendly and unhelpful.

Helpful staff, clean rooms and a nice atmosphere

Great vibes!

Large dorm, staff was very friendly and we even got a free drink at the cozy bar downstairs. Location is great (next to the big train station Westbahnhof and only a few subway stops from Stephansdom), many extra services offered by the hostel. The atmosphere is great, definitive recommendation!

I great hostel, room was basic but great value for money! The bar downstairs is good, the free drink voucher on arrival was a nice touch. I would definitely stay in a Wombats hostel again.

• 21st Jul 2015

Pros :Big hostel. Friendly staff. Big dining area. Nice bar....n one free drinks too, so lovely! Cheap grocery shop nearby, very convenient! Cons: Too warm in the room....sweating all the time. But it's July. Extremely warm everywhere in Vienna.

Staff bent over backwards to help. Uniformly helpful

Chill Hostel to Relax!

For a Wombats this was ok. The bar is really a small lounge down in the basement next to the laundry room. Closed really early : ( Building faced towards the sun and didn't have air conditioning, even with the shades closed, I felt like I was in a green house!

Yet another great wombats hostel. The bar is in the cellar which is cool but the atmosphere was pretty boring.

Second Wombats, second success. Great hostel, no complaints from me. Staff were super friendly, the bar was hopping so you could easily meet people, but far from the rooms so it never bothered you when you were trying to sleep. Beds were fine, shower was great (lots of hooks), lockers were secure, and the location is great, too. You can walk down the main shopping road to get to the sights or easily take the tram/metro. Only complaint is one sad fan did not keep us cool in that room.

This was the 2nd Wombats I stayed at and found it to be just as good as the one in Berlin. Friendly staff, nice relaxing common area, poor enough wifi (I will take what I can get) and a good cheap all you can eat breakfast. It has everything you might need with plenty shops nearby and it is a comfortable walk to the museum quarter.

I had a fantastic stay at The Lounge! Fun atmosphere and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I would absolutely stay there again!

• 13th Jul 2015

Kind staff helps me many time and This hostel's location is very good! (near Wien west station) And room is clean and nice

The room (405) next to the entering gate can always hear the slaming noise produced by the door. It's a little bit annoying in the early morning. However, overall we are very sastisfied with the warm reception staffs. They are very kind, hospitality and willing to answer questions.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Stayed one night and it was perfect. Clean, well located and nice breakfast the next morning for a small fee.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7