Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Indifferent and rude staff, a good hour walk from most of the city sights. Far too many people in this hostel, creates zero sense of community. The beds are nice but for this region of Europe, way way way overpriced.

Prime location next to the train station. Actual fresh sheets that come packaged; you put them on yourself. Bar in-house with cheap drinks (it does close early but that makes you get out and go to a local place already toasty.) Informative and reasonably friendly staff is always welcome traveling Europe. It's one of my top hostel experiences.

greag value for money. good breakfast. good location.

Good hostel, close to metro.

Just my opinion but, Didnt really appreciate the loud DJ music when I just wanted to have a conversation in the bar. There are other places in Vienna to go out and hear loud thumping music

Definitely recommend. A little out of the city, so get a transit pass to come and go as you please (metro very close). Security when entering building is non-existent during the day, but need key card to enter floors and rooms. Guest kitchen was awesome, except fridge was way too cold and froze half my food (so I turned it down). Rooms were clean, ensuite bathrooms a bonus. Friendly staff and people staying there! Is a must in Vienna

the room was in general ok, quiet though exposed to the street.but the joints in between the tiles in the shower cubicle were partly covered with mold, also the handles of the sliding-doors there. you couldnt close the shower without touching it. hairs from the user before were sticking to the walls. The toilet had a odor of urine. It seemed there was only some kind of superficial cleaning for a long time ... it would be nice to have an additional sheet on the Matress (stains ...)

Hi there! First of all we are really sorry for your inconvenience. We can gurantee that we clean our rooms every day. Anyway, if you have problems with your room or any wish regarding it, please let us know. Our houskeeping team will clean the room immediately a second time and we are happy to provide you additional sheets for free. We hope you enjoyed Vienna and wish you all the best for your travel. Your Wombat's Team

The stuff is nice! Give us a warm welcome !!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

My friend and I had an awesome stay at Wombats. Even though we only stayed for one night, we experienced a wonderful atmosphere and the staff were super helpful and engaging. The place was very well run, clean, and had excellent facilities and very nice rooms. I would definitely stay at a Wombats hostel at any of their other locations.

It's really the perfect hostel, the lounge with matresses and the pillows are definitely an awesome idea! I'd only recommend it together with the Wombats Hostel in Budapest!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

I just looove the place. Awesome staff, excellent facilities, everything very clean, good space, private bath on your room, everything at a walking distance, they have their own free walking tour... just love it. After the experience, I stayed at the berlin Wombat too, and it was the same service. Absolutely recomended

It was terrific good location, and kind staffs I want to go there again

Cool place, satisfied with it.

Good WiFi in rooms. Hostel layout makes it hard to meet people :/

Extensive common areas so always a place to eat/ chill. Rooms large and clean. Kitchen well equipped. Breakfast great value. Wifi ok. Staff very helpful. Bar a little dull. Fantastic location. Easily hot here from the coach station and central train across the road. Relaxing stay :)

Excellent central place to stay. Well outfitted rooms. Lockers that lock! Awesome breakfast. Kitchen facilities looked good, even though I didn't use them. Only issue was internet wasn't reliable and was only available in the main floor & lounge. Otherwise, one of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Everythinga was excellente , the team wombats and the foreign. Thanks very much-

• 7th Feb 2015

All fabulous but staff in breakfast room? Questionable!

• 6th Feb 2015

The staff are very nice and helpful, I had stayed once before in a hostel in Vienna and this was almost up to that level. The rooms are clean the staff are very helpful. It was a nice stay.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Free locker in the room, free printing service, the staff safeguards your electronics... They were really friendly as well, there were problems with my check in, so they gave me an extra free coupon to use at the bar downstairs. Wombats is next to a few stores and close by all sorts of public transportation. Wonderful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7