Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Good hostel but naschmarket is better. Facilities good and staff helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed our short stay at wombats. Although it's not in e city centre there are great transport links near by and we didn't find it difficult to get anywhere. Room was clean, facilities were good and staff were mostly really helpful. Our only complaint is that there is only one plug in the main area of the bedroom. The other 3 are right by the door which isn't very useful if you need to use things that are charging for example. Breakfast was really good and well worth the €3.90 we thought.

Perfect for westbanof station, easy metro ride into centre. Big hostel but not very social, lots of big groups, msybe just bsd timing on our part. Staff were lovely, gave fantastic tips. Grest thai place near by.

The room is realy small for 6 beds. In the summer is unbearably hot. The fan doesn`t work properly. I don`t recomend to stay in the summer time there. They need to get air conditioners for all bedrooms. The bed is confortable and the shower is good. Staff was helpfull with everything I needed.

The hostel is very nice and clean. Staff is helpful and the rooms have a good size. It's not in downtown, but it's just a few steps from the subway. Wi-fi wasn't working well.

Great staff and location! Breakfast was also awesome.......they have a sandwich press and it rules!

the location was very good. it takes 5 minutes by walk from station. the building is quite huge. but Wi-Fi connection is bad and then linen is not also clean

The staff were great, super friendly. The atmosphere was really laid-back. I thought the breakfast was a bit steep (pricey) at 3,50euro, but cest la vie. Otherwise, the Internet was a bit finicky (in and out) especially in the common areas. Needless to say if that's the only complaint I had, I'd say this place was top-notch for the price. One thing though, the walking tour with Claudia was supremely disappointing. She had very little information and very little personality.

Internet was slow, this is unacceptable in the year 2015.

The smell of the two rooms' bathrooms I stayed was horrible. And the mattress cover was very dirty and broken.

very big. not great for a solo teaveller but very comfortable

The location is great, but the wifi is the weakest of all hostels I stayed.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Great hostel. Bar was really cool, but it shut before 1 which I thought was a bit strange as there were so many people drinking. Still, there were enough people up for a night out that we went elsewhere. Staff were all really friendly and it was in a great location.

We thought Wombats was great because of how close it was to the Westbahnhof and Mariahilferstrasse, the cleanliness and good quality of the rooms, and the facilities they offer. We felt really comfortable there and would not hesitate to come back, in fact between us we have stayed with Wombats about 6 or 7 times across various cities.

The staff was really kind and helpful. The only drawback that we found was the bed, which was a bit uncomfortable.

Good value for what you pay for. Staff were really helpful and breakfast was really good!

Nice place. Close to westbanhof.

Great bar downstairs!

Great facilities, as all Wombats hostels. Staff was very friendly and prestative. The hostel is near Westbanhof, a large hub in Vienna transportation, and, as happens many times in places like that, there was some strage people in the streets near the hostel, althought I've never felt insecure (Vienna is a very safe city). As suggestion, I stayed in a doublebed ensuite, and there was only one soket above the bed, a second one would be welcome :)

The hostel is close to the train station but you have to get a subway into the centre. I wished I had stayed at their sister hostel which is closer to everything! I was in a room of Spanish speaking guys so I felt quite isolated. Although I do understand it is hard to make sure you are with English speakers. The hostel didn't really have much of a community atmosphere so I would prefer to say elsewhere next time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7