Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Everything is so clean. Great location

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I stay at Wombats every time I come through Vienna- last night was probably my 8th trip to the hostel. It has never let me down!!! Consistently clean rooms, friendly staff, and the free welcome drink is a nice touch! The facilities are nice, with a little light and outlet by every bed, and the lockers which you use your room key to open and close are secure and easy. The breakfast is a great value for the money too. This loyal wombat is satisfied as always!!!! Thanks staff at the lounge !!

Very good hostel.

The voucher was not accepted in the bar at 11 p.m. The opening hours of the bar should be clearly dispatched.

The location is perfect! very near to the main train station. The buffet breakfast was worth it for 3 euros! The living room is also good for relaxing or taking a brief nap while waiting for the next trip.

I think the 6 female dormitory room was not managed quite well. The sheet was not changed (I guessed because previous users did not uncover the sheet) and most of lockers were broken. Except those, I was very satisfied the wombat hostel, the lounge :)

• 17th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Loved my stay at Wombats, wish i could have stayed longer. The rooms are big and clean with lockers and the breakfast was awesome. On a street with heaps of food places and shopping. Only a 20 min walk to the museum quarter but tram goes from right outside the door to centre if you don't feel like walking. The bar downstairs was cool too. As a solo traveller, i loved wombats and met so many awesome people.

A nice hostel with good location, near shopping area and many restaurants around.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • China

I've stayed here twice already, it's an excellent hostel, great facilities and space. There's a light and an outlet per bed and good lockers. Cool, comfortable lounge area and spacious dining hall, and the 3E breakfast is great as well. Only thing is that sometimes wifi wouldn't connect and I had to keep moving around to find a good spot, but most of the time it was fine.

The best hostel that I stayed during my trip. You will have all benefits that a hostel has to have (location, excellent staff, good vibe) with all comfortable that you find just in hotel).

We have stayed at this hostel several times and always have a good stay here. Excellent location, helpful staff, great breakfast buffet and large enough rooms (even though the one we got this time was a little noisy...). Definitely recommended!

Awesome place! Has such a great atmosphere, plenty of ways to meet people from all around the world with the bar downstairs! Breakfast was very fulfilling as well. Only bummer was that it's a 20 min walk from the city centre but that didn't bother us too much. The wombats clan no how to hostel!

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff! Location is good, easy to get everywhere!

• 13th Mar 2015

Great place to stay and rather large. Lots of opportunities to meet people.

you are great!!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so far in my travels! Great facilities, especially the well-equipped kitchen. Cheap breakfast. Close to the centre and next to one of the city's main stations - great value.

Amazing Hostel, as all Wombat's are! They breakfast is great and super cheap! Such a great location, with super easy access to public transport which was great for us as it was raining for some of the time. And excellent wifi connection! 100% recommend!

One of the best hostel ever! Close to the station and they have a kitchen and laundry!

The ground floor's bathrooms always dirty and with oddors. The rest is good. Very good wifi all around. Staff very good.

Very nice hotel, only had one incident: On my second day of stay I left the room at 10 am locked, and when I returned around 5pm I noticed the door was open, unlocked, apparently the person who cleaned it up left the door open. I told this to the people in reception, but someone could have entered my room stole my belongings if they wanted to. Not nice

• 3rd Mar 2015