Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The bed full of dust

Nice to stay again

I was not really impressed with the bed sheets. I didn't like that you had to put them on yourself (we struggled with them in the dark as another roommate was sleeping), and my blanket had burn marks all over it; I didn't feel comfortable sleeping under it with only a top sheet (no duvet cover). Facilities were great!

The hostel has a very good bar and big room. However when i arrived in the hostel i didn't have money in euros to pay, so i asked to the girl that works there if i could give her a bigger quantity in pounds as a warranty and pay the money in euros in the next day, as it was about 10pm. The girl was very rough and tell that she wouldn't do it, saying that i'm brazilian and i wouldn't pay her. Xenophobe is unacceptable is all situations, and even more in a hostel.

Great hostel, friendly staff!

Price is acceptable. Location is good.

Very secure and clean

A very nice hotel with a great atmosphere. I highly recommend this place. Their breakfast is a little disappointing because it doesn't have many options for vegans.

Thye stuff was very helpful and friendly.

Always a great place to stay when in Vienna!

Excellent service, friendly staff, good value/money. Clean place, easy to access. I'd recommend to everyone, and I'll visit this place again for sure!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Hungary

Nicely located hostel with pretty small kitchen and two small fridges. It is pretty big, but more like place for clubbing than regular hostel. Has wonderful common zone with ability to charge your devices. Each bed has own lamp and socket(!). However, the bar in basement could be too noisy, especially if there is a concert there. Kitchen is equipped pretty good, but it is too small to allow more than two persons to cook simultaneously.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Hey there :)! thank you for your feedback !! I'm very sorry that you heard sounds from the bar - eventhough the bar is in the basement, doors are closed and usually the bar is pretty soundproof. I'll investigate on that and try to find a better solution for our sleeping hostel guests :)! Happy travels Kerstin

I like the couchsurfing event which was organised there.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

It is great place to stay. It's location is good also prices low. I got great breakfast for 3.90. Staff was really familiar and helpful .

Location is great if you are taking the train, but everything is about a 25 minute walk away. Definitely a "big hostel feel". Overall nice stay!

Well located, in front of train station.

the beds are very hard. my back was aching a lot in the mornings. this is the only minus the room was very quiet and nice. everything but the fact mentioned above was great. Thanks!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Austria

Location is not so good, but it's very close to the subway. The hostel is pretty good, has a good bed and good facilities. Breakfast (not included) is worth the money. Just a bit expensive, but then again I think most things in Vienna are.

A very big hostel, 6 floors. A male staff is really helpful and gave me lots of useful information, but a female staff is really rude. The lockers in the room have problem, and the female staff refuse to check it and keep saying "just put it harder", which did not work at all.

I liked staying in "The Lounge" location of the wombat hostel a lot. My boyfriend and I were worried about finding it and communicating with the staff since we don't speak German and our English skills are not very good. But your staff was very patient with us and put us at ease. Oh, and we loved your breakfast!

• 17th Mar 2014