Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Great location, just minutes out of the main train station. Clean and spacious. Friendly Staff. Lots of eating and drinking places nearby. Totally recommended..

Pretty much your average chain hostel: great, happy, helpful staff; bar and events; great breakfast; great mattress area to chill out. Only downside, 20 min walk to downtown....but if you stay here there's a lot more of Vienna you'll see. :) ... I would stay again.

Very Nice and helpful staff. Nice breakfast, eat all you can eat. Good lockers in rooms,. (Stayed at 6 bed female dorm). The shower and bathroom there was dirty, but because the other roomies were dirty, not because of the daily room cleaning, although the room itself was only cleaned half well but enough. Good location, 4 min from westbanhof and U-Bahn, and shoppingstreet. Popular bar in the cellar. Nice reseption- and seatingarea. The bed in the dorm was Nice and firm. Would stay there again.

This hostel didn't really do a lot with one another. But it totally worked for a bed and we had our own bathroom which was very clean. The breakfast was nothing special but worked great before the train. Good location to the train station but not much else in Vienna. You will need to get a metro pass as well. We found the bar on the last night which probably gets really fun - we were there on the earlier side. The bartenders were great and the staff was very helpful!

I was here for a couple of nights. The location was conveniently located by the train station, about a 20 minute walk from the city center, but near the a street filled shopping area. The staff was awesome, very cheerful and helpful. And the place was ok clean wise, it could of been a little better. There was definitely a good vibe with people coming in and out. I was a little skeptical at first but ended up enjoying my stay.

Had a great stay here. Room was nice and clean. Kitchen provided for self-cooking. Security was excellent. Nice and cosy hostel at reasonable price and excellent location. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Very nice clean hostel. Great communal areas and bar for socializing. Very clean room. Staff very helpful. I would definitely stay in a Wombat again.

Wombats is a great hostel if you are travelling with a group of friends but if you're there to meet people I suggest you look elsewhere. The atmosphere was quite dull you walk into the lobby and people are mostly glued to their screens. It feels more like a cheap hotel than hostel. Facilities were quite good. Toilet facilities did feel a bit subpar and dated. Location is great if you just got off the train but a bit far from main attractions

• 18th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Close to the main metro station and main street. Breakfast was for a reasonable price and all you could eat. The room was big and not crowded, good shower and comfortable bed.

Nice hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very spacious and clean, beds were nice. Location was nice, right on a busy shopping strip with plenty of people everywhere.

Good key card security.. Although locker system was a little weird - being able to lock them with personal locks would have been easier. Reception were s helpful... Printed out bus timetables for me so I could get to mauthausen concentration camp as my day trip was cancelled. Washing facilities are great, wifi great, breakfast great. Would have been nice if they cleaned the rooms more than every. 3 days! Especially the bathroom. Bar is awesome!!!

All facilities was nice!!! but. Others guest in my room, they drunk so much. They came back in the room around 3-4 AM. They drunk and rampage other guest in the rooms. I can't sleep until they sleep at 06.00 AM. I am only one who need to sleep in the rooms before 01.00 AM. They damn me that why i sleep at 01.00 AM!!!

Wombats yo!!!

Only stayed for one night but loved it! Great bar and common area to meet others, good if you're a solo traveller like me. Rooms were spacious and clean, but lockers were very tricky to work. My couldn't work mine so my valuables had to be out all night. Other than this, a great hostel and wish I could've stayed longer!

It had a hotel feel with families staying there. It is really big so hard to have any type of chill atmosphere. Really clean but too big.

Stayed in an all girls dorm and everyone was in bed around 10.30pm so if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep than this is perfect. Hostel advocates how it is rated highly for cleanliness however the room could have been a lot cleaner. Kitchen and social areas had fruit flys also. Ok hostel but definitely could be cleaner and have a bit more atmosphere.

it is really far from center. i didn't like the rooms. but it has a great bar though.

The best hostel i have visited. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. Great humor and very nice to us. We could use their guest shower while we waited to check in. Breakfast for like 3-4€ was also good.

Very close to train station, but horrible area at night. Went out to dinner one night and walked 2 blocks to go back and was offered drugs 3 times.. Other than that it's great hostel. Very friendly staff.

I like Wombats City Hostel - The Lounge in Vienna. I and my wife went to Vienna for honey moon. We were tired because of the 14 hrs long flight. We took the bus to Westbahnhof after we get off the plant. The Lounge was very easy to find. This made us a quick check-in and also helped us take a nice shower to wake up our tired body. The Lounge is also very closed to U-bahn. The transportation is really convenient if you choose Wombats The Lounge.

• 12th Aug 2014