Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Cool staff, there was a mixed up on the access cards given to us but for this mistake she gave us additional free drink vouchers! :)

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Philippines

To require my ID as a guarantee - for me it´s a violation of law. a copy of id or any doc with a pic should be required. Security arrangements should be improved - the neighborhood of Westbhf, Mariahilferstr. itself a refugee camp around /Lindengasse/ with strange faces fighting in the evening while at the reception there were only three nice ladies and an open door in the backyard from the main street at 11 PM - doesn´t give a feeling of security.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Slovakia

The staff was so friendly and helpful! Kitchen was great and fully equipped! Lockers in rooms are very secure! Comfy beds, towels included, breakfast was pretty good...everything was pretty great! Couldn't ask for anything more :) would definitely stay here again

nice hostel, with plenty of facilities, breakfast is to expensive for what it has. you d rather have it in another place. room was ok, wifi works well. too. i cant refused for anything price is accorded on what you got.

Great atmosphere and friendly staff

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Wales

good hostel! beds comfortable, with plugs and lamp. location close enough to use publuc transport easily. staff friendly and knowledgeable.

This hostel is nice and easy to find, and offers a decent breakfast for 4.50 euros. It's a good hostel!

The location is great, breakfast, facilities and atmosphere all perfect. The only problem is that the cleaning is very superficial: the shower floor was sticking and the drain was clogged.

Such a great place to stay, on par with the beauty of the city and the breakfasts were bloody amazing.

Wombats is for me the best Hostel chain, however, there is still something that I miss which is meeting people there... Somehow it does not have an atmosphere for meeting anyone.

• 16th Jan 2016

Awesome hostel, booked coz it was cheap- was totally surprised with how good it was. Real cheap drinks from bar and cool atmosphere

Decent hostel that's got a good vibe and spacious rooms.

I was planning to stay in the other Wombat's hostel in Vienna, so pay attention to what hostel you are making the reservation. The location is excellent, really close to the Westbahnhof station. I had an incident with this really weird person that was annoying me in my bedroom and the staff was really helpful and let me change my room. Breakfast is not included but is excellent. The ambient is great with spaceful living rooms and a bar.

Thank you for your Feedback and sorry for the encounter with this weirdo!! I'm very happy that our staff was able to solve this situation to your satisfaction :)!

Clean room and good facilities. Not much atmosphere but I've been staying in smaller, family orientated hostels so standards were high. Not far from city centre but you will probably need public transport. Check out is 10am - would be great if they gave even an extra half hour.

Good, clean and friendly place to stay for a very small price.

Great hostel and good location near the u3 line

Hostel had good facilities but was so big that meeting other people was almost impossible, breakfast was overcharged and not that good either. Good that it was next to a subway station but too far away from the city center to go by feet. Had an ok time, nothing especial.

Hey! Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry that you only had an OK time at our hostel! If you want to help us to improve, please give us detailed feedback on our breakfast via email office-thelounge@wombats-vienna.at :)! Usually, with our wide range of coffee, tea, juices, hot chocolate, boiled eggs, brown bread, toast, "semmeln" ;), nutella, peanut butter, honey, various jams, fruit and vegetables our breakfast is usually considered as GREAT :)! Looking forward to hearing from you soon :) Kerstin

Great hostel, just seems like they allow just about anyone to stay. One guy was getting up to no good in the toilets by himself at 3am..

• 10th Jan 2016
  • bbqmonkey
  • New Zealand

Hi :)! Thank you for your Feedback! I'm very sorry that you had problems with your room mate - we don't allow anyone to stay here, but sometimes people who seem nice and normal at check in turn out weird afterwards. Please always contact reception if you feel uncomfortable regarding a room mate - otherwise we don't know about it and can't help! I hope you were able to enjoy your stay anyways :)! best

friendly staff, clean dorms and fast wifi

• 7th Jan 2016

Excellent place to stay near the U3 and a walking distance to some restos. Would highly recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7