Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hostel was in a brilliant place for access to do stuff and was really nice.

The staff is so great, I could`ve huged them.^^ Friendly and very warm welcome. I had a short but nice stay, wish I could`ve stayed longer.

Good location which just few walks to station Dry machine was not dry enough

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

A decent option with everything that is necessary. The only flaw is lack of individuality.

Great breakfast, clean rooms and showers. All around positive experience

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely private room, double bed even though I booked a single room. Clean bathroom, good windows that dampen the sounds of the street outside. I always stay at the Wombats when I am in Vienna. Definitely recommend it.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Massive hostel. Big room with good bathroom, comfy beds. Good wifi, helpful staff. Free welcome drink in the bar where drinks are cheap as well. Close to the metro to get into town, took less than 15 mins into stephensplatz and main attractions.

The stay was amazing. Our room was fine and clean. The staff always was friendly. We defenately will stay here again!

• 24th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Came to me highly recommended by a friend and it stayed up to the expectations in every aspect.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • India

I was only there for 1 night and generally I like the standard of wombat hostels they are very good. I think I was just a bit unlucky with my room. This isn't the hostels fault but I was awake all night due to someone with the worst snoring problem I've ever heard also the bathroom was pretty dirty (I did arrive late however). I preferred the other wombat hostels

Hey there! Great to hear that you enjoyed wombat's in our other cities - the snorers must all be in Vienna ;-) Next time just pop down to the reception and we can provide you with ear plugs. Happy travels, your Wombat's Team

It was my first time staying in a hostel but I surely recommend it !

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Greece

only a suggestion to the hostel admin: kindly put tags on the luggage in the luggage room and escort along owner to luggage room.so that no one steal from anyone's luggage.

You staff take out all the dirty bed sheets at 5 o'clock in the morning!! And my room happened to be on the backstreet side. Therefore, it makes quite lots noises! And the noises lasted about thirty minutes!! Hope that you can improve next time.

It is my second time in a Wombats Hostel and it was very nice again. You feel very safe with the hostel keys that work very well with the lockers too. Breakfast is not free, but it is a very good option. I also love that every bedroom has its own bathroom. Location is a little bit far from city center, but the hostel is very well connected with transportation.

My only complaint was that the hostel was a good hike from the main attractions of vienna... Other than that everything was great. Really nice bar area perfect for meeting travelers and locals.

I had some trouble with the lockers in the room. It do not open and close as reliable as it should.

• 14th Apr 2015

Hi there ! Our super safe keycard/locker system is usually working without any problems. Anw your reception staff will always help you if you need assinstance also with locker issues. We hope you enjoyed Viennna and hope to see you soon in one of our houses. All the best ! Your Wombat's Team

Great location, nice service and cheap price.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Nothing but good things to say!

I have been there last year during a working week in Vienna and I came back this year with a couple of people. They were also enthusiastic for the location, cleanliness and all the facilities. I knew what I was going to find. In case I need to go back next year I will definitely choose the wombats again. Thanks for everything.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've been to!

• 10th Apr 2015