Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

I had some trouble with the lockers in the room. It do not open and close as reliable as it should.

• 14th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've been to!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

the hostel ages... it might be still nice for young budget traveller, but if you can afford an extra EUR 20-30 for a 2-bedroom, you get better/clean/stylish rooms in hotels throughout the city. Depends what you're after: Wombats still good for meeting other travellers, the party in the basement on weekend nights is still on. - double room 404: rather poorly equipped, lamps not bright enough in bathroom, not really a place to leave clothes/towel in bathroom once you're in the shower

You should put a cigarette ash tray out side the front door even a piece if pipe that can screw the bottom off to collect the butts . other from that awesome service and awesome crew really enjoyed my stay at wombats. And always will :)

• 9th Apr 2015

Big hostel with everything you need for your trip to vienna. I would definitely return again.

Conveniently located near the Westbankof train station, metros and tram. Other than average cleanliness as the rooms were not cleaned everyday as confirmed by a lady reception staff, its other facilities were good.

Handy location for the train station but would recommend staying nearer to the centre for good restaurant/bars within walking distance. We went for the walking tour at the sister hostel to find it was cancelled which was a shame as we only had a short time in the city.

Hi! Thank you for your review. We are really sorry that your walking tour was cancelled. Anw we hope you enjoyed Vienna and to see you very soon. Maybe to try also our nice restaurants and bars around our hostel. :-) We wish you safe travels ! Your Wombat's Team

Very nice hostel. We stayed in a double room. Room was spacious enough and quite. Very recommendable is the bar in the basement with pool table and table soccer. Unfortonately the wifi was not working well (permanent connection problems and poor internet speed)

The location, the view from the room, the very very friendly staff which really made my short vacation an easy one, were great. I recommend it to everyone. The location was great, with some nice eateries around, as well as its a good location for talking to other travellers. If you go, use the hostel map, it scores over the tourist map.

Wombats is a nice hostel , linked perfectly with public services , good vibes and very available people. you can play biliards , table football and have a drink in the bar downstairs. plus there a lot of sofas where you can relax and talk with people. only thing I didn't like was breakfast , it's not free , it costs 3,9€ while a lot of hostels where I have been gives you the same breakfast included in the price. but it's a great hostel where you can have nice days in Wien

great hostel if you are needing westbanhof train station! the hostel is 2 min walk away, also have access to the metro and tram service. the hostel has great wifi which works all over the building. the rooms are a good size, will stay here again.

We were so happy with are stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, we were able to crash on the extremely comfy couches in the lobby for a couple of hours since we got in around 5 in the morning. They even let us enter our room well before check in since we were waiting around. Our rooms were very clean, the bathroom spacious, and the location is right near the public transport going anywhere. Would stay here again!

• 30th Mar 2015

Really clean and well kept - feels like a hotel with certain aspects of a hostel. However we had to make our own beds which I found weird. Why am I paying to have to make my own bed on my vacation? Staff was helpful with questions but definitely not the most friendly hostel staff I've experienced.

I liked the hostrl a lot. I just didn like that they take your ID as a security matter for the keycard they give you, but thats ok,

Staff are friendly. However, the Wifi is slow though.

Every single one of the personnel in the hostel is friendly and help you for whatever you may need, the washing and drying machine are quite nice since they even work for delicate stuff and the bar was amazing during the night! Perfect stay :)

It was an acceptable stay at the hostel. There could've been better cleanliness but the bar was fun, the lounging areas were nice and the staff was lovely.

The bar was a little overpriced and you have to pay for breakfast. But overall good value and good atmosphere. Staff was accommodating but my last night the dudes in my dorm were jerks and creepy (not the hostel's fault though). I wish female only dorms had been cheaper.

Everything is so clean. Great location

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I stay at Wombats every time I come through Vienna- last night was probably my 8th trip to the hostel. It has never let me down!!! Consistently clean rooms, friendly staff, and the free welcome drink is a nice touch! The facilities are nice, with a little light and outlet by every bed, and the lockers which you use your room key to open and close are secure and easy. The breakfast is a great value for the money too. This loyal wombat is satisfied as always!!!! Thanks staff at the lounge !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7