Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The locker in a room sometimes works. Sometimes doesn't

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Hi there! First of all, thank you for your comment. Please, next time if you have problems with our super safe keycard system, let us know. Our great reception staff will help you anytime. Have good travels and hope to see you soon! Your Wombat's Team

To put it simply, the best hostel I have ever stayed in!!!

The staff was friendly but my room was filthy. This is more like a hotel setting then a hostel fill. I honestly wouldn't stay here again.

Hi Temekia! Great you like our staff so much. Regarding your feeling about the filthy room, we are really sorry, but we can not agree with that. The rooms getting 100% cleaned every day from our housekeeping staff. Anw - we wish you safe and good travels. Your Wombat's Team

I had a great stay there! Staff was very very helpfull and kind! Loved it! I hightly recommend :D

• 20th Dec 2014

Only stayed for one night but the staff were excellent and great value for breakfast. Bit out of the way for tourist spots but easily accessible via train.

great service

Hey, Everything was perfect, except the very strong cigarette smell in the room. I've seen written on the door that smoking in the hostel area is highly prohibited so I guess you are also aware of this. Another thing that we only could open the window in a tiny angle( seemed to me that it was intentionally fixed like this to prevent people climb out to the emergency stairs ...) which did not helped our battle against smoke odour. Neverthless, it was a really good decision to pick your hostel!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

I would gladly stay here again. The location is perfec for accessing Vienna's well connected underground, as well as for going out to the Austrian country side.

Great hostel, close to Westbanhof train station and walking distance to main shopping mall/attractions. Room was big and spacious, as was ensuite. Helpful staff and plenty of brochures ect. Never made it to the bar so can't comment there but the breakfest for 3.90 pound was great! Only issue was the wifi dropping in and out but everything else was great and would recommend/stay again.

typical hostel

We had a wonderful stay. Great place.

This hostel is clean, in a great location and has extremely friendly staff. The lockers are very secure which was nice, because otherwise we would've been very stressed! BYO towels but they clearly state this on their website. We loved our time here and we would happily stay again! Thanks guys!!

Really great hostel, one of the best one I've been. Spacy and clean rooms. Helping staff. The breakfast is an extra, but really cheap for the things you have.

Nice rooms. Breakfast was quite decent as well

This was exactly what I wanted and expected from Wombats, clean. Thank you.

Great cheap all you can eat breakfast! So easy to get to from international train station and airport!

• 14th Dec 2014

Great staff, excellent buffet breakfast (which includes cold cuts, eggs, cereal, and a great range of bread. Fantastic location, just a few stops on the underground away from Stephens square. Stayed in a double room ensuite, spacious and clean. Good security through a few locked doors before getting to our room. Would stay there again if visiting Vienna~

Good position, really near the westbahof and the tube station. In marihilfestrasse, the shopping area. Clean, our room for 6 was big and with free lockers. Free WiFi, and really kind staff :)

The staff was wonderful and the location was incredibly. A perfect spot in a beautiful city.

Awesome hostel. More of a hotel feel but with good common areas too.