Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Probably the best place to stay in Vienna. The westbanhof and the u-bahn station are at 5 minutes walk. There are also supermarkets and everything you need around the hostel. The city center (the ring) is very close by metro or tram. The room are spacious with comfortable beds (I stayed in a 6 bed dorm for woman), a clean bathroom and big lockers. There are a spacious kitchen, a restaurant room (with breakfast) and a bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Youthful atmosphere. Rooms are ok, very basic. Breakfast is excellent and offered at the time for 3,90 : juice, coffee, vegetables, bread, cereals, fruits etc.euros. Kitchen where you can cook or store your food in fridge. Bar down stairs where you get a free welcome drink. The noice from the bar cannot be heard to rooms, we had room on floor 1. Very good budget hotel.

Highly recommended!

I am totally satisfied about the hostel. However, during my journey, I can not open the windows of the room. If you have the window attached protective equipment, it seems to be better.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Hey :) Thanx for your feedback! Usually it shouldn't be a problem to open the windows in the rooms - they're not locked! I know though that austrian windows are a little difficult to open for foreigners as they're a little different;) Next time please ask reception and they'll be happy to help you:) See you next time, Kerstin

Everything was excellent during my stay. Really didn't have anything to complain about. Will definitely come back.

Great location, that is really main thing I look for when hosteling. Rooms were normal, pretty comfy bed, normal bathroom in the room, really nice that there are lockers in the rooms that you can use w out any extra fees. If you need a towel you can ask for it as well at the reception. Great friendly staff and modern design, plus great wi- fi throughout.

Great hostel. Located < 5 min walking from the train station. The staff is very friendly in providing insight about the city. In the 4 dorm room, there is an attached shower. I wish the staff organized more events to get to know other occupants of the hostel. However, I was only there for 1 night so maybe they did on other days of the week? Overall, a very great hostel!

Every bed has a reading light and it's own plug which is very nice. Lockers in the room with key card entry. Security is all key card access. Staff is great and very helpful. Kind of annoying that breakfast is not included though. Location is good. Right next to the metro station .

There is no A/C in the room, which is really hot in summer. There was some smell in the corridor.

The staff was very friendly, from the beginning to the last minute. The room cleaning service was great, otherwise the whole room would be a huge mess.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

check out is tooooo early!!!! 10m am!!!

soooorryyyy!!!! :D but we can't let you sleep until noon and then clean all rooms in 2 hrs and let people check in at 2pm ... our cleaning staff is fast, but not THAT fast ;)! Hope you liked your stay anyways! All the best kerstin

Wombats The Lounge has a perfect location, the staff is friendly and the value for money is correct.. The room was tidy and clean. I would prefer wombats for the next stay again!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Really conveniently located (directly next to the train station) to get around town either by foot or public transport. Clean rooms and facilities with bearable temperatures despite the ~35°C outside. Very friendly, helpful and really handsome ;) receptionists (Chris and Fabi) that made me wish I had stayed for more than just one night!

The staff is really nice, the location is perfect and the atmosfere (people & bar) is really perfect!

The hostel has great amenities but expect to find people of all ages, having stayed in a room with a family wasn't a bother though. I did expect our eight bed dorm to be cleaned regularly and it wasn't the case, regardless it was a comfortable stay, just lacked the young vibe.

To me this is really the gold standard of hostels. The lounge has all the amenities you need and a good location. It is hard to fault any of the Wombats establishments.

I love wombats! It is more like a hotel than a hostel, I will stay at wombats in whatever cities they are available from now on!

Clean and safe hostel, I enjoyed my stay. Not the same good atmosphere as in smaller hostels, but that's to be expected.

Staff was super friendly and the hostel was modern, clean and included many facilities.

• 1st Jun 2014