Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Nice place. Close to westbanhof.

Great bar downstairs!

Great facilities, as all Wombats hostels. Staff was very friendly and prestative. The hostel is near Westbanhof, a large hub in Vienna transportation, and, as happens many times in places like that, there was some strage people in the streets near the hostel, althought I've never felt insecure (Vienna is a very safe city). As suggestion, I stayed in a doublebed ensuite, and there was only one soket above the bed, a second one would be welcome :)

The hostel is close to the train station but you have to get a subway into the centre. I wished I had stayed at their sister hostel which is closer to everything! I was in a room of Spanish speaking guys so I felt quite isolated. Although I do understand it is hard to make sure you are with English speakers. The hostel didn't really have much of a community atmosphere so I would prefer to say elsewhere next time.

Just a really average place all around really

Great place, a would recommend Wombats to almost anyone. Other than it being in the expensive side of our price range, The Place really delivers on what travellers want. Nice beds, clean rooms, great location, and the bar in he basement is great especially since viennas nightlife isn't spectacular. They even have these little bedside tables with electrical outlets that are really handy. It's worth the money

• 17th Aug 2015

Literally the only fault I can find with this hostel is that they could have had nicer toilet roll in the rooms... Everything else was absolutely fantastic!

After staying at the wombats naschmarket up the road for 2 nights, I had high expectations of this place. It turned out to be a disappointment. While it had a nice area downstairs to chill, the wifi was a joke to use. Have had better wifi in Albania. Furthermore, locker was broken and there are no wall sockets for each bed. I recommend staying at wombats naschmarket rather than here

Hi there! Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you like our chill out area. Regarding our lockers, please, if you have some problems to use it, tell our 24h reception staff. We will help you straight away! Our wifi is sometimes overloaded because of high traffic (imagine sometimes up to 200 people online at once ) we are sorry about that! But also working on it! Anw we hope enjoyed Vienna and wish you safe travels. Your Womnbat's Team

Excellent location and really open minded management policies Helpfull and eager to help staff as well.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Romania

Staff was very helpful

Nice people, open common room and cool atmosphere.

A bit pricey, but it has a good atmosphere and the facilities are pretty good (good kitchen, snooker table, bar, chill out areas etc). Even though it is near the trams and westbahnhof station, you really don't need to use them as Vienna is very flat and walking to the main tourist areas isn't too far. Breakfast good value è.

I was at room 111 that opens to the courtyard where there is a ventilation. I must say it makes a huge noise and it is kind of difficult to sleep...

• 15th Aug 2015

Good facilities, but so far from the City. I just think that there are cheaper options if you have to take the underground every day. But it's a good hostel and I met friends there.

Very nice hostel and friendly staff. We had private room which was nice but hot, because outside temperature was over 30C. Anyway solid hostel which can be recommended!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Brilliant location, really close to metro and easy to get round city. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was good but quite small for such a big hostel, quite crowded! No AC in rooms, did have a small fan but didn't help that much, luckily we were able to open the windows fully though. Rest of hostel pretty hot as well but we were there during the heat wave so probably not always like that. Overall good, clean hostel and would go back!

• 13th Aug 2015

It was a great hostel in an easy location. The room thoough was very hot and the bar and kitchen as well. there were no working extractor fans in the kitchen which i thought was dangerous as well as annoying as it would get so hot in the kitchen when you wanted to cook something that you would be sweating the whole time. Also the bath mats in the bathroom were extremely uncomfortable and slipped so did not really serve the purpose. would have been better with material ones not plastic.

Hostel facilities and location were good, cheap breakfast buffet is really decent. however the rooms are not equipped with dealing with the warmer weather. One night the temperature in the room was almost unbearable, the four of us in there got little to no sleep. We were provided with a fan however the only power outlet was near the door so the fan reached one person, if that. We had to keep the two windows and curtains wide open, which made it seem like we were on the road, it was so loud.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »