Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

you are great!!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so far in my travels! Great facilities, especially the well-equipped kitchen. Cheap breakfast. Close to the centre and next to one of the city's main stations - great value.

Amazing Hostel, as all Wombat's are! They breakfast is great and super cheap! Such a great location, with super easy access to public transport which was great for us as it was raining for some of the time. And excellent wifi connection! 100% recommend!

One of the best hostel ever! Close to the station and they have a kitchen and laundry!

The ground floor's bathrooms always dirty and with oddors. The rest is good. Very good wifi all around. Staff very good.

Very nice hotel, only had one incident: On my second day of stay I left the room at 10 am locked, and when I returned around 5pm I noticed the door was open, unlocked, apparently the person who cleaned it up left the door open. I told this to the people in reception, but someone could have entered my room stole my belongings if they wanted to. Not nice

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Argentina

That was amazing: 1) Hostel location is amazing - 1 minute from metro entrance 2) Room was very comfortable and clean 3) Facilities (bar, billiards, diner) presented My strong like to this hostel. Next time in Vienna I'll stay here again

awesome and cheap breakfast :D nice staff, nice guests, nice kitchen. the rooms were a bit dirty tho, especially under the beds... but over all ok. not even 5 minutes from the main station but a good 15/20 from the center.

Wombats is good hostel, clean, with a nice staff and with a huge area to interact with others travellers. Although the breakfast is not included, the price you pay for all you can eat is worth. There's a metro station quite near the hostel and the directions that they gave were accurate.

Thanks a lot for your attention to me,great stuff,special A-T reception! All the best

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Romania

Indifferent and rude staff, a good hour walk from most of the city sights. Far too many people in this hostel, creates zero sense of community. The beds are nice but for this region of Europe, way way way overpriced.

Thnx for staying with us,it’s a pity you experienced our house differently from most other reviewers.We will try to find out what went wrong & work on it.Anw I’d like to add,that we're on MariahilferStraße,Vienna’s best shopping street,that directly leads to the city center and we’re about 20 min walk from Schönbrunn Palace. Both, can be reached by underground or tram within 10 minutes.You can contact us directly via www.wombats.eu if you’d like to help us improve. Your Wombat'sTeam

Prime location next to the train station. Actual fresh sheets that come packaged; you put them on yourself. Bar in-house with cheap drinks (it does close early but that makes you get out and go to a local place already toasty.) Informative and reasonably friendly staff is always welcome traveling Europe. It's one of my top hostel experiences.

greag value for money. good breakfast. good location.

Good hostel, close to metro.

Just my opinion but, Didnt really appreciate the loud DJ music when I just wanted to have a conversation in the bar. There are other places in Vienna to go out and hear loud thumping music

Lockers in the room and good wifi. Fun bar downstairs and nearby to transportation. Security for who is coming in and out isn't great, we had a roommate who brought back an "extra guest" to our room. Staff isn't that friendly or helpful but they have a lot of suggestions posted around the hostel of things to do. Kitchen is big and easy to use.

Definitely recommend. A little out of the city, so get a transit pass to come and go as you please (metro very close). Security when entering building is non-existent during the day, but need key card to enter floors and rooms. Guest kitchen was awesome, except fridge was way too cold and froze half my food (so I turned it down). Rooms were clean, ensuite bathrooms a bonus. Friendly staff and people staying there! Is a must in Vienna

the room was in general ok, quiet though exposed to the street.but the joints in between the tiles in the shower cubicle were partly covered with mold, also the handles of the sliding-doors there. you couldnt close the shower without touching it. hairs from the user before were sticking to the walls. The toilet had a odor of urine. It seemed there was only some kind of superficial cleaning for a long time ... it would be nice to have an additional sheet on the Matress (stains ...)

Hi there! First of all we are really sorry for your inconvenience. We can gurantee that we clean our rooms every day. Anyway, if you have problems with your room or any wish regarding it, please let us know. Our houskeeping team will clean the room immediately a second time and we are happy to provide you additional sheets for free. We hope you enjoyed Vienna and wish you all the best for your travel. Your Wombat's Team

The stuff is nice! Give us a warm welcome !!

My friend and I had an awesome stay at Wombats. Even though we only stayed for one night, we experienced a wonderful atmosphere and the staff were super helpful and engaging. The place was very well run, clean, and had excellent facilities and very nice rooms. I would definitely stay at a Wombats hostel at any of their other locations.