Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Really great place to stay !

• 16th Mar 2014

Friendly staff. Decent value for money. Will come again

• 15th Mar 2014

Really near to the Westbahnhof, which was why I chose to stay at Wombats! Very friendly and helpful reception staff. I was IMPRESSED with the atmosphere - there was a even "bed" corner where you could rest in the lobby! There's also a rather big dining place you could chill at during the day. There was wifi in the rooms, but unfortunately very weak for me so I would hang out in the lobby to use the internet. Rooms were clean and spacious, and I got really nice room mates as well. Pleasant stay:)

The location of this hostel is good !! You can use free Wifi in your bedroom, but Wifi of reception area was better than that of bedroom. The deposit of this hostel is license with your picture. So you have to have your license. In my case, I used Japanese driver license.

Location was excellent. Staff was kind and helpful. But seriously, you need to put soap and towels in your bathrooms. Really liked the lockers. Had difficulty opening/closing at first, but got the hang of it. Also had issues with the bunk beds. They were very rickety. Whenever one person moved, the other felt it. I thought that the ladders could have been a little wider (I nearly fell out of them twice), but that could be because I'm used to the ones at my school, which are much wider.

• 13th Mar 2014

Hey :) Thanx for your feedback! Glad that you liked our location and staff :) I'm very sorry that you still had kind of an unpleasant experience at wombats! For next time: we have towels at reception and also you can get mini-soaps at reception. As most of our guests usually bringt their own shower stuff, we don't put it in the rooms. Happy travels and come back in the future :)!! All the best Kerstin

Best wombats hostel location in Vienna, in my opinion :-)

very loud in the rooms :/ but the rest is really very nice and absolutely recommendable!

• 3rd Mar 2014

We will definitely come back (we've been here before) - love it!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Seems kind of fake friendly environment. Bar closes at 12:00 so it isnt that cool

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Uruguay

This is my first time staying at a hostel & I am pleasantly surprised by the good organization of staff and their helpfulness. I chose a 6-bedded room and was a little surprised to receive a new room-mate at 2am. That disrupted our sleep. However, the shower + hair dryer is wonderful. I will recommend my friends to stay there - train station, supermart, eateries & shopping are within walking distances, Good value.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Simply a great place to stay in Vienna. Walking distance to the majority of the major sites and great access to public transport directly outside the front door. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The basement bar has great specials and the breakfast (an additional 3.90) is well worth the price. I highly recommend this hostel.

Ok place for a few nights, but not the most fun hostel in the world. Probably better for groups than single travellers. I found the staff a bit robotic and the place was very big & lacks atmosphere. That said, it was very clean and if not for my roommate snoring like a freight train it would have been a good place to rest and restore strength after too much partying. Seems like the staff has a lot of friends who come here to hang out at the bar, makes it seem a bit cliquey & highschool like.

• 19th Feb 2014

Everything what a hostel needs. Been here for three times already. Won't doubt to come again next time.

Its close to the metro station, it has lots of supermarkets around, i would stay there again for sure!

Pretty good location since I need to be close to the Westbanhof, good pressure and plenty of hot water in shower, helpful staff, internet working on and off

The staff was very helpful and nice when we had to leave earlier unexpectedly, it was no problem at all and we also got a refund for one night. I will definitly come again soon!! :-)

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Great hostel!!!

I really satisfied when I stay at Woombats-The lounge. I'll stay again at your hostel when I go to Vienna.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel is huge. It's basically just a hotel with multiple beds in each room. This really makes it difficult to meet people and make new friends. If you're traveling as a couple or if you're trying to get away from the "party" scene this will probably work for you. Otherwise, go elsewhere to get any sort of social benefit from a hostel stay.

nothing to add