Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

This was the 2nd Wombats I stayed at and found it to be just as good as the one in Berlin. Friendly staff, nice relaxing common area, poor enough wifi (I will take what I can get) and a good cheap all you can eat breakfast. It has everything you might need with plenty shops nearby and it is a comfortable walk to the museum quarter.

I had a fantastic stay at The Lounge! Fun atmosphere and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I would absolutely stay there again!

• 13th Jul 2015

Kind staff helps me many time and This hostel's location is very good! (near Wien west station) And room is clean and nice

The room (405) next to the entering gate can always hear the slaming noise produced by the door. It's a little bit annoying in the early morning. However, overall we are very sastisfied with the warm reception staffs. They are very kind, hospitality and willing to answer questions.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Stayed one night and it was perfect. Clean, well located and nice breakfast the next morning for a small fee.

I stay for a night and it was nice and clean. The location is not far from metro station, essy to find.

It was a fine hostel, Vienna is just a quiet place. If you're into traveling by yourself or in you're own group and aren't looking for a party hostel this place is fine. I got along great with my roommates and explored the city, but we didn't go on any pub crawls and the bar downstairs was only ok. I think the problem is less so the hostel and more so that Vienna is just not a party place. Vienna is incredibly beautiful though, so I would recommend you go there for the museums and such!

Anything we wanted to know we could find out from the staff, they were really helpful and knew a lot. Only complaint was the lack of soap in the bathrooms.

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed at. It was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good and it is possible to rent very good bikes for a fair price. Small minus is that it is next to a big street so that you cannot sleep with open windows.

We spent 2 súper hot days during the summer and there was no air conditioner. The room was so hot, eventhough there was a fan but not enough.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Loved our time with you. Maybe put an extra staff member at the bar in the evenings as it took quite a while to get drinks. Apart from that no complaints! :)

• 7th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There was a problem with the room, so I didn't stay in this hostel. Once staff informed me of what the problem was, they organised a taxi to one of there other hostels in Vienna and it was all sorted out fairly smoothly and the other hostel were expecting me. The other Wombats Hostel that I stayed in was Excellent for cleanliness, security and facilities, so I'm sure those standards are fairly similar across the hostels (lockers, key swipe entries, etc).

A nice hostel, near the station but quite far from the centre and other areas. We were there late in the week so atmosphere wasn't great. Plenty of facilities. Room was clean but quite dark with a constant boise from a ventilation system.

My friend and I really loved this place. It's right across the street from the train station, great wifi, great kitchen, nice staff, clean rooms. Bathroom was kinda small but that's not a big deal. It was pretty big like a hotel, but kept the hostel vibe if you cook in the kitchen and hang out downstairs. Loved it! Absolutely would stay again

nice friendly atmosphere, great staff and great location. would definatly reccommend only downside was the heat in the bar and common area downstairs as there is no air con!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Wombats was great! A nice walk along the Mariahilfer Strasse to the city attractions. Fancy lockers in the rooms (you'll see what I mean if you stay), decent bar. It was kinda hot but AC costs money and would probably make the rooms more expensive...unfortunately the heat made it so that we kept the windows open and a bee flew in and stung one of our roommates, poor guy :)

• 3rd Jul 2015

realy nice place - we are 2nd time in this hostel

It was in a brilliant location and the rooms were comfortable and big. The bar was good and meant it was easier to meet other travellers. Lockers were too small for rucksack/suitcase. And there was no air con in the room or bar. Only a tiny fan which was a shame. Staff were helpful and location great.

Excellent staff and bar. Met a lot of cool people here. Rooms were also nice, though the fans didn't do much to cool down the rooms.

One of the best hostel where I've been stayed. The staff is nice, the rooms was great, the breakfast was more than I expected for the price. Really if I have the chance to go back to Vienna, this place will be my first option. My experience was great.