Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Staff was very helpful

Nice people, open common room and cool atmosphere.

A bit pricey, but it has a good atmosphere and the facilities are pretty good (good kitchen, snooker table, bar, chill out areas etc). Even though it is near the trams and westbahnhof station, you really don't need to use them as Vienna is very flat and walking to the main tourist areas isn't too far. Breakfast good value è.

I was at room 111 that opens to the courtyard where there is a ventilation. I must say it makes a huge noise and it is kind of difficult to sleep...

• 15th Aug 2015

Good facilities, but so far from the City. I just think that there are cheaper options if you have to take the underground every day. But it's a good hostel and I met friends there.

Very nice hostel and friendly staff. We had private room which was nice but hot, because outside temperature was over 30C. Anyway solid hostel which can be recommended!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Brilliant location, really close to metro and easy to get round city. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was good but quite small for such a big hostel, quite crowded! No AC in rooms, did have a small fan but didn't help that much, luckily we were able to open the windows fully though. Rest of hostel pretty hot as well but we were there during the heat wave so probably not always like that. Overall good, clean hostel and would go back!

• 13th Aug 2015

It was a great hostel in an easy location. The room thoough was very hot and the bar and kitchen as well. there were no working extractor fans in the kitchen which i thought was dangerous as well as annoying as it would get so hot in the kitchen when you wanted to cook something that you would be sweating the whole time. Also the bath mats in the bathroom were extremely uncomfortable and slipped so did not really serve the purpose. would have been better with material ones not plastic.

Hostel facilities and location were good, cheap breakfast buffet is really decent. however the rooms are not equipped with dealing with the warmer weather. One night the temperature in the room was almost unbearable, the four of us in there got little to no sleep. We were provided with a fan however the only power outlet was near the door so the fan reached one person, if that. We had to keep the two windows and curtains wide open, which made it seem like we were on the road, it was so loud.

This hostel is centrally located - near to one of the main train stations, the tram and lots of supermarkets! The rooms were spacious, clean and bright. The communal areas were vibrant and had a great atmosphere - the facilities in this hostel are second to none! However, having said that, the size of the kitchen could not cope with the number of guests - the kitchen, whilst well-equipped and clean, was far too small - only 3 people could use it at once. However- would definitely stay again.

Amazing experience at wombats, everything is managed properly, nice location near metro station, near market, on road. Staff is very nice.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • India

I think in 6-bed-dormitory, you need more than 2 fans, I guess:)

The hostel is very good, however is TOO HOT on summer

It was great

It's an amazing place to stay when you go to Wien. The kitchen it's a bit small and tends to be a bit dirty but despite that it was amazing and I'll recommend it to everyone

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location. Within 15 mins walk of the main shopping streets and tourism attractions. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and each person had their own security locker. There was no air con (just a fan) which is understandable considering Vienna is only hot for 2 or 3 months a year, however, it was extremely hot in the rooms when I stayed there (mid August).

During the hot weather, my room is unusually hot. Even I open the window and still cannot sleep because of the high temperature. My room is in first floor, I guess higher floor will be better. I can't go back here during summer time, it kill you.

The lounge is a good hostel if you are travelling by train as it is right next to westbanhof station but it's a bit out the way from the main Vienna attractions. The hostel was clean, the staff were friendly and they do a good breakfast. The room was pretty hot and the curtains didn't fit all the way across the window and we had a fan that didn't reach our bed which had no power. But hey it's a good cheap hostel and you can just get trams so happy days!!

This was the first hostel we stayed in with ZERO street noise and we had the windows wide open. the staff were very friendly and helpful. there was easy access to the city. overall we had a great stay and I would definitely recommend staying here!

WICKED HOSTEL! We arrived at 8 in the morning after a horrible sleepless night train and they allowed us to sleep on a massive comfy island in the hostel, just what we needed. We checked in and rooms were great. BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING - €3.90 Only complaints : bar was too hot!!!!! And the wifi was bad