Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Amazing people with convenient traffic and the staff are very helpful and kind!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • China

Can't recommend highly enough. We came to stay here after having stayed twice before at the Wombats in Berlin (and having loved it!) and it didn't disappoint. Very similar to the Berlin Wombats, extremely clean, en-suite facilities which you don't often get with hostels, and value for money is amazing. But I think that the best thing about this hostel was probably the staff - friendly, relaxed and incredibly helpful. If you need any tips for nights out ask them! LOVE Wombats!!!!

• 21st Nov 2014

Very good hostel- good dorm sizes, clean, nice staff, good location BUT I stayed in Wombats Berlin too and they both have the same problem- lack of atmosphere and socialising- maybe they need some sort of activities to bring people together in the big bar downstairs. Thankfully I knew some people in Vienna because it would have been very hard to meet people here as a solo traveler.

Was only there one night but good atmosphere decent location and facilities. Great wifi. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.

Great staff and excellent location, very good breakfast, they charge for it, but well worth it. Free Wi fi, over all excellent, the only issue I had with the Hostel was, they allow people to check in any time, I has someone check-in at 1 in the night and they would not turn the main light off in the dorm, this is 1 AM in the night.

Hi there!We are very gald you like our staff,our location,free WIFI and all you can eat breakkie for just 3,90Eur so much.We are sorry,you made the experience with people disturbing your sleep.But as we provide at Wombats a 24h reception,guests sometimes come very late with night trains or buses.Naturally we stil have to check them in. Also sometimes just a friendly "may I ask you to switch off the light after check in"helps.Anw thanks again for the nice msg and safe travels ! Your Wombat's Team

It was really nice to stay here. There is a good atmosphere! I would go back.

Staff were great and very friendly. Wombats have consistently impressed me in each place I have stayed. Close to main stations, decent bed, clean with some actual space in the rooms. Def my first check for future cities I am staying in. Thanks for making my trip more comfortable.

love Wombats! as a solo traveller having the bar is a great way to meet people the place is in an awesome location, near the train and pretty much everything else too! it's super safe and clean. worth every Euro. would definitely recommend and return

Haven't stayed in many hostels during my travels, but this one is really good. Great Location, free wifi, spacious room( i stayed in 4 bed mixed dorm), helpful staff & cheap beer. Highly recommended if you ever come to Vienna.

Very cool hostel, only a few minutes Walking distance to Train/subway Station. Friendly and helpful staff and really nice atmosphere. I'd also recommend everyone to have a drink at the Basement bar, it's surely worth a visit. All in all I'd say I already know where I'll stay next time I'm in vienna. :)

Awesome staff, who are very flexible (I changed my reservation three times) and provide great tips for what to do around the city. The hostel was a but farther away than I expected but the metro is very close. The rooms were great and the bathroom was clean!

Great experience!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I loved my stay at the Wombats City Hostel in Vienna. The staff was really nice and approachable, everything was clean and I loved that it was located so close to the main street and train station.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

one of your staff was very kind to me. So I was satisfied with my travel Next time, I look forward to stay in your hostel Thank you

• 12th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Very good hostel. Individual lamps and power sockets in almost every bed (I'll not get one if you are ulucky to have a bed close to a inclinated wall or something like that). A underground pub, nice beds, everything was clean, staff was helpful and happy to help. Oh, the also offer free pasta for you to cook!

The location is great, really easy to find. The rooms are clean and the staff are really nice.

The only thing that bothered me was that the female dorms had the toilet and the bathroom in the same room. Staying in a same room with girls you don't know takes a lot of management skill to be able to use either of them. Especially if some take their time.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

Really great hostel for a cheap price, you can use the lockers with your key cards and they provide you with towels and plug adapters for free if you ask. Breakfast is also really good for a hostel. It's right by the main train station as well

V v v nice hostel and even nicer staff! Would recommend to one and all! What a location - fabulous!

Loved it!! Had an awesome time here. Great facilities and met awesome people as well. Would definately stay again!!