Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

cool staff, cool people (guests), cool bar. spent a whole night at the bar downstairs, there was no need to go out in the cold. had a great time. one tiny bathroom for a dorm with 6 girls is a bit critical ;)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel but not recommended for meeting people in the off-season. Out of 400 or so beds I think there was only 40 or so people hanging about and most tended to stick to themselves.

Front desk were exceptionally helpful and friendly

I stayed in Wobmast on 26.-27. November. This hostel is even better, than on photos. They should promote their self much better. The moste valuable thing is location,staff and atmosphere. You have everything in the same spot: cool people,restaurant, bar,night club,geathering area. Dicent clean, there is great kitchen with everything: café, tea(anytime) shared food...vibrant with people but you can finde privacy if you need. They gave you first drink for free in the bar. Guys on reception awesome

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Great location, friendly staff, warm atmosphere. This place satisfies everything that I request from a hostel.

The person on the reception are very welcome

• 26th Oct 2014

Would have appreciated a 12 o'clock check-out time as opposed to a 10 o'clock. Otherwise, a great hostel that I would definitely recommend.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

A true hostel. Bar downstairs has good prices, great happy hour. Edina is super friendly and just an overall great person to have a conversation with. Beautiful, intelligent, and listens to great music. Plus, she's a pretty good bartender ;). Wifi works well, beds were solid, ensuite was pretty clean. Easy to meet people down in the bar, laundry facilities are good enough. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Edina, the bar, and the cleanliness were the best things about the hostel.

I just wanted to send an extra thank you to the staff. There was a mix up in my booking but they were very professional about it, accommodated me, and made me feel at ease. I will definitely come again and recommend it to others.

• 25th Oct 2014

no bad things

Use of kitchen was great to make dinner, breakfast etc. About a 2 min walk to the metro, which can take you to all the major sites. Rooms were great as beds each had their own light and power point.

Had a great time at Wombats. The Room was clean and it is very close to the train Station. The staff was very friendly.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Stayed in a 6 bed mixed. Every bed had a plug socket (super handy), basement bar had reasonable beer. Super friendly and helpful staff

First time I've stayed in a Wombats hostel and I enjoyed my stay. Near to a major train station and perfect for my onward destination. Not too close to some of the sights but accessible by the tram, buses and metro. Stayed in a double room which was really nice and clean. Atmosphere in the evenings was great and the two free welcome drinks were much appreciated. Main criticism was the WIFI - poor connection, you can use the computers (not free) but some sites (e.g Facebook) were restricted!

I was thrilled with how close this was to the train! The staff was friendly.. The rooms wee clean, and having a private bathroom was nice in the suite.. I also thought the security was really god with needing to swipe to get into certain sections of the hostel..

I stayed here for 3 nights, from 20 Oct to 22 Oct, in a 8 people room. The room was spacious and my roommates were really friendly. However, the bad thing is, there is no power socket for the single beds and I had to borrow other bunk beds' power socket to charge my phone. The dining area was pretty spacious and clean. The kitchen had all the necessary equipment and cooking necessities you will need to cook your own food. Hostel staff were very friendly, approachable and helpful too!

A group was 3 days never ending noisy at night. but the stuff dont reaktion.

Hi! First off all we are very sorry for your "noisy night" experience in our hostel. But please next time let us know about the situation. Our super nice staff at the reception WILL ALWAYS and immediately react! But without knowing about the problem, it's impossible. Anw we hope to see you soon and we wish you safe travels. Your Wombat's Team

리셉션 직원들.특히 남자분들 매우 친절. 반할뻔 했음.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Good hostel! Just location is a bit far from the center but close to palace on the other hand.

Great stay. Receptionists welcome. Good environment, staff chilled out. Good rooms.