Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Hostel had good facilities but was so big that meeting other people was almost impossible, breakfast was overcharged and not that good either. Good that it was next to a subway station but too far away from the city center to go by feet. Had an ok time, nothing especial.

Hey! Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry that you only had an OK time at our hostel! If you want to help us to improve, please give us detailed feedback on our breakfast via email office-thelounge@wombats-vienna.at :)! Usually, with our wide range of coffee, tea, juices, hot chocolate, boiled eggs, brown bread, toast, "semmeln" ;), nutella, peanut butter, honey, various jams, fruit and vegetables our breakfast is usually considered as GREAT :)! Looking forward to hearing from you soon :) Kerstin

Great hostel, just seems like they allow just about anyone to stay. One guy was getting up to no good in the toilets by himself at 3am..

• 10th Jan 2016
  • bbqmonkey
  • New Zealand

Hi :)! Thank you for your Feedback! I'm very sorry that you had problems with your room mate - we don't allow anyone to stay here, but sometimes people who seem nice and normal at check in turn out weird afterwards. Please always contact reception if you feel uncomfortable regarding a room mate - otherwise we don't know about it and can't help! I hope you were able to enjoy your stay anyways :)! best

friendly staff, clean dorms and fast wifi

• 7th Jan 2016

Excellent place to stay near the U3 and a walking distance to some restos. Would highly recommend

The room was extreamly dry :( And people kept coming in and out all night! Other than that everything was fine!

• 7th Jan 2016

Hi! Thank you for your Feedback! Did you mean that the air was dry? - I guess that happens in winter when the heat is on. Not much we can change about that, I'm afraid (beside turning off the heating of course ;D)! Maybe next time a private room would suit you better? Then you don't have the problem with your roommates coming home from a night out :)! Safe travels :)!

Styaing at the Wombats was definitely a good choice for us. The tram being close by made it easy to see everything we wanted, plus the hostel was located close to a lot of shops so coming back to it at the end of the day it was also easy to grab a meal or some coffee. The hostel itself was nice and clean, it has everything you would need to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Definitely would recommend it!

The atmosphere of this hostel was quite impressive. Staff are nice people.

The WiFi in this place is shocking and the staff are pretty rude. Hostel rooms are like dungeons, there are lots of cheaper hostels available in the area, don't waste your money here.

Hey! Thank you for your honest Feedback! We're very sorry that you experienced bad wifi and rude staff :(! I sent you an email to find out more about the incident to improve our Service! Best Kerstin

Great. Very happy. Quite a posh experience for a hostel!

Very clean, secure hostel- and a great hostel bar in the basement!

• 2nd Jan 2016

We had a horribly rude receptionist one morning, who could not be bothered to do her job. Disgraceful behaviour.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi! We're very sorry for your experience with our receptionist! As we pride ourselves with our friendliness, we want to investigate further and sent you an email to find out who you had the "pleasure" with and what happened! I sincerely apologize and can assure you that this will be taken care of! Happy travels Kerstin

Quite expensive as it was New Year's Day, but great facilities and comfy accommodations

the staff is very friendly and helpful when I ask what place to visit at new year's eve and the day after. She gives me options of places and how to go there clearly.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. We had problems with our roommates and the staff was amazing and did everything they possibly could! It was very clean and felt more like a hotel. Great place! The subway station is such a short walk from the here which makes transport around Vienna super easy.

Specifically loved the staff - super friendly, above and beyond what you can/would expect! Didn't run into any issues at all, and even if I had, I'd be sure they'd solve them!

Spent the night waking up everytime someone used the toilet as it was broken I.e the flush just ran all night long.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Wales

Everything about this Hostel was amazing, absolutely loved it and would recommend it to anyone going to Vienna.

• 29th Dec 2015

Very poor wifi connection. Probably the worst I ever had in a hostel.

• 29th Dec 2015

The staff was great but other than that there wasn't anything about this hostel that made it really stick out. I did like the lounge/bar they have in the basement but it was empty during my stay. I would recommend this hostel to those traveling in groups. As a solo traveler it wasn't a good place to meet people to go out with. All is well, a nice stay so thank you!

(+) Clean, well-organized, Good info provided about the city. Better for a stay if you don't want to socialize (-) No traveler experience. No chance to interact with fellow travelers