Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

I was here for a couple of nights. The location was conveniently located by the train station, about a 20 minute walk from the city center, but near the a street filled shopping area. The staff was awesome, very cheerful and helpful. And the place was ok clean wise, it could of been a little better. There was definitely a good vibe with people coming in and out. I was a little skeptical at first but ended up enjoying my stay.

Had a great stay here. Room was nice and clean. Kitchen provided for self-cooking. Security was excellent. Nice and cosy hostel at reasonable price and excellent location. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Very nice clean hostel. Great communal areas and bar for socializing. Very clean room. Staff very helpful. I would definitely stay in a Wombat again.

Wombats is a great hostel if you are travelling with a group of friends but if you're there to meet people I suggest you look elsewhere. The atmosphere was quite dull you walk into the lobby and people are mostly glued to their screens. It feels more like a cheap hotel than hostel. Facilities were quite good. Toilet facilities did feel a bit subpar and dated. Location is great if you just got off the train but a bit far from main attractions

• 18th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Close to the main metro station and main street. Breakfast was for a reasonable price and all you could eat. The room was big and not crowded, good shower and comfortable bed.

Nice hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very spacious and clean, beds were nice. Location was nice, right on a busy shopping strip with plenty of people everywhere.

Good key card security.. Although locker system was a little weird - being able to lock them with personal locks would have been easier. Reception were s helpful... Printed out bus timetables for me so I could get to mauthausen concentration camp as my day trip was cancelled. Washing facilities are great, wifi great, breakfast great. Would have been nice if they cleaned the rooms more than every. 3 days! Especially the bathroom. Bar is awesome!!!

All facilities was nice!!! but. Others guest in my room, they drunk so much. They came back in the room around 3-4 AM. They drunk and rampage other guest in the rooms. I can't sleep until they sleep at 06.00 AM. I am only one who need to sleep in the rooms before 01.00 AM. They damn me that why i sleep at 01.00 AM!!!

Wombats yo!!!

Only stayed for one night but loved it! Great bar and common area to meet others, good if you're a solo traveller like me. Rooms were spacious and clean, but lockers were very tricky to work. My couldn't work mine so my valuables had to be out all night. Other than this, a great hostel and wish I could've stayed longer!

It had a hotel feel with families staying there. It is really big so hard to have any type of chill atmosphere. Really clean but too big.

Stayed in an all girls dorm and everyone was in bed around 10.30pm so if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep than this is perfect. Hostel advocates how it is rated highly for cleanliness however the room could have been a lot cleaner. Kitchen and social areas had fruit flys also. Ok hostel but definitely could be cleaner and have a bit more atmosphere.

it is really far from center. i didn't like the rooms. but it has a great bar though.

The best hostel i have visited. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. Great humor and very nice to us. We could use their guest shower while we waited to check in. Breakfast for like 3-4€ was also good.

Very close to train station, but horrible area at night. Went out to dinner one night and walked 2 blocks to go back and was offered drugs 3 times.. Other than that it's great hostel. Very friendly staff.

I like Wombats City Hostel - The Lounge in Vienna. I and my wife went to Vienna for honey moon. We were tired because of the 14 hrs long flight. We took the bus to Westbahnhof after we get off the plant. The Lounge was very easy to find. This made us a quick check-in and also helped us take a nice shower to wake up our tired body. The Lounge is also very closed to U-bahn. The transportation is really convenient if you choose Wombats The Lounge.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Very cool hostel with a lot guests. Had their own bar which was great for meeting people. Overall great atmosphere, would definitely recommend for others.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wombats is run by very nice and helpful staff. Their Vienna location doesn't have all that much atmosphere other than staying... At least compared to the Budapest spot that's pretty awesome.

I just came back from a 3 month backpacking trip around the world, stayed at many hostels, and what I'm about to write is true. THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT. I met great people here, the bar had a great vibe and was all the way underground so it didn't make the rest of the hostel loud. Rooms and showers are great, beds are good, electrical outlets are good. Kitchen, dining area, chilling area, is all good. No complaints. I loved it.

The whole building was clean and tidy. It was very good to have our own batrhoom in our room. Its location made it very easy for us to find, since it is close to the train station, and the subway station. We also liked how kind and helpful the whole staff was.