Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Another wombats, another fantastic experience!! Staff were really friendly and the dorm was big enough for everybody. It was also very good that there was a bathroom in the foyer to use when the one in the room was occupied. My only issue is the location. Unlike the nachtmarkt wombats, this one is a little further out of the city centre. It took about 40 min to walk from the hostel to the centre. So unless you like walking, you need you catch public transport. Otherwise a fantastic hostel!!!

We booked a private room and were very pleased with this hostel. The room was so nice and the security in the hostel is pretty serious. Lots of fun areas to chill and a great kitchen for cooking with lots of dining space. Great value for money.

I think the staff should be a litle more detailed on the information that they provide to the visitor!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Greece

The bar is ver y nice with a good atmósfera to go with friendo! If i come to Vienna avían, I will go back to this hotel!

Wifi didn't work in rooms or barely in eating areas. Beds very thin. Location ok near main train station.

VERY friendly staff, my girlfriend recommended this place to me because she was there last year for a concert. We went together and I must say that we will be going again. Breakfast was decent, but perhaps a slightly larger range of food to choose from would be nice, such as scrambled eggs, not only hardboiled. The ham was good quality and so was the yogurt. The room was finished just as we came upstairs, and it was spotless. Great atmosphere, warm room upon arrival. Thank you, see you again!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Croatia

Another big BAD ASS wombats hostel! These guys do it so well, and you always meet great people. The place is massive and the rooms are a really good size, with secure lockers and storage space. Bar downstairs is lively. Lounge room is great. Train station with easy access to all of Vienna is just across the road. Almost all of the hostels in Vienna seems to be outside the inner ring of the city. This one has excellent access to Public transport.

Very good hostel. I even got upgraded from a 8-bed dormitory to a 6-bed dormitory, without paying more ! The room was a bit hot but it was still ok.

Only stayed one night but I definitely would have stayed longer if I could. Staff were super friendly and the free drink at the bar is a nice touch. The bar and kitchen were pretty good and it was easy to meet people. Definitely recommend it.

I stayed here so I could take the bus to the airport early in the morning. The staff was great and very helpful. My locker wasn't working so they held my valuables in the safe at reception. I've stayed at other Wombat's locations before and this was just as great as the past times.

Great hostel. The only problem was the Internet connection.

Very good location, easy to find, good thing that they have free food like pasta or bread in the kitchen, the only bad thing is that in my room we were 6 and we could use only that 1 bathroom in the room so if you have to go you have to wait everyone to finish and there are some people that do not care that much, so would prefer if in the floor would exist some extra bathroom for more comodity. ( the only solution to this is to go to the 0 floor bathroom )

Wombats is a great hostel for that price. You can pay additional 3.80€ for unlimited breakfast, which is great and if you come by car you get a cheaper daily ticket for the price of 4.10 € in the marked area around hostel.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Croatia

Next to the westbahnhof, it's clean but not every staff is friendly

The Internet was very bad and that is part of the reason why we didn't stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, but Wombats always have this atmosphere of "coolness" that is sort of off putting. They try a little to hard, but the intention is good. This hostel isn't really comfortable, it's more just an alright place to stay for a night...it's not very personal. I would also suggest not putting people of the same nationalities in the same room...why do you think I left Texas?

everything is nice ,thanks a million :)

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent backpacker hostel with free wifi/kitchen access/lockers and possibility for laundry, cheap&good breakfast, etc... It hosts a weekly couchsurfing meeting which is a good way to meet other travellers and locals, and is 2$ cheaper than the other wombat in Vienna which is a little more central

Everything was great! My only request would be a bigger pillow I felt like I didn't have any neck also the lockers that open with the keycard is genius! Thanks for a wonderful stay

I like your hostel. I stayed ther many times. It´s very good place.

Love the simple buffet style breakfast. So far, its the best hostel from my experience. The hostel caretaker or staff need to pay more attention to the guest who make noise or talk out loud at night, its disturbing.

• 8th Dec 2015