Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Warm welcome,especially sweet blond girl from the reception..:)

Friendly and helpful staff. They know what the newbie to the Vienna wants. Thanks for your service.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

very friendly and helpful staff. wonderful experience. just that the wifi in the room is a little spotty.

Friendly staff and AWESOME breakfast. The lack of air conditioning in the room was a bit uncomfortable, but that's to be expected in the summer months. Overall, an excellent hostel.

Clean and well kept. In a decent area, a walk away from the palace and close to a subway station. The bar downstairs was pretty good, and it was cheap. Best of all, when I arrived at 7 am after a rough night bus ride, they managed to find me an empty room and let me check in right away! That was a relief.

Everything about this hostel was great except for the fact my room had no electricity, so getting around the room at night and charging my phone was difficult. The staff was extremely helpful, the location was wonderful, and the atmosphere was youthful. I was hardly in my room so no electricity wasn't a huge deal but it would have been nice to see at night!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Overall a nice, larger hostel. The beds were nice, and the lockers were huge. They also have key cards to open the doors and the lockers, which is slick. They keep the place pretty clean. The bar/lounge area was a nice place to meet other travelers, but never really got busy while I was staying there. The hostel is a bit removed from the city center, but it is right on the metro line which takes you everywhere you would want to go in a few minutes.

Great atmosphere with young people :) Great place to meet people and nice rooms!!

• 2nd Jun 2015

I love Wombats...!!! Very friendly stuff and exellent service. Only the "Semmel" in the moring was not fresh... but all in all i will come again!!! thx

Great atmosphere. All-you-can-eat cheap breakfast is essential in an expensive city like Vienna. The staff is extremely helpful and kind. They really go a long way out of their ordinary tasks to help you! I'd just improve the cleanliness of the bathroons floors a bit. In my toillete, the steam became water and wet a thin layer of dirt brought by peoples' shoes. It was not a real problem, but causes a bad impression to this otherwise perfect hostel.

• 1st Jun 2015

Really great! If I return to Vienna I will stay here.

On the expensive side. Much more like a hotel than a hostel. Clean rooms, ensuite bathroom was nice. The bar/club in the basement was too loud for meeting people as a single traveler (at 8-10 PM at least, obviously loud music as a club later wouldn't be an issue). Probably would have stayed longer if it wasn't so expensive. This hostel was the only one with availability on the Saturday I arrived. I switched the next day to a cheaper hostel.

Sadly, we got to stay at this hostel during their bar and lounge construction renovations. This made for a cramped area at the reception, furniture all over the place. The elevator is slow and we were told sometimes didn't work. The "jungle" breakfast/dining area is a joke. I felt like I was at pre-school with the super low tables and sitting almost on the floor. We were very close to a metro station, which might be one of the few positive items.

This hostel is a little tired and does not look as nice as in does in the photos. There is not much light inside. Only one toaster at breakfast which is pretty silly...

It was convenient to go to Budapest by train (since it is right by the st) but kind of far from everything else in Vienna. That said it was easy to get around though by metro. The rooms were small. The pillows were incredibly flat. If I didn't have one it wouldn't have made a difference. The shower was tiny. The wifi was decent.

Nice staff, great location, usefull free facilities (like iron or hairdryer). Located near the West Train Station - all atractions can be reached by walk.

Over all, it's a good hostel. Things that could be better include: Shower was unnecessarily small, as the bathrooms are a decent size. The biggest issue is that there aren't absorbent bath mats in the bathrooms, so the floor gets covered in water after someone has a shower.

One of the best places I have ever stayed at. Incredibly polite helpful smiley staff, perfect room, drinks tokens, free wifi, cheap but fulfilling breakfast and free walking tour of the entire city centre. Took my mum and she was worried it was only be for the 20s/30s bracket but there were all sorts of ages and faces. I couldn't ask for more and cannot fault Wombats Hostel what so ever. Hopefully more branches will open all over the world! Will be recommending to everyone that goes to Vienna!

• 29th May 2015
  • Scotland

Classic wombat. Clean reliable and good location.

it's really nice and perfect hostel in vienna and stuff are friendly and helpful, just wifi sometime sucks, but can be acceptable, ;;)))

• 29th May 2015