Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Good location, Facilities were great. Had to leave though cause it was full. Nice clean hostel

Good place all around. There is a bar in the basement and an inexpensive continental breakfast buffet in the morning. Its 2-3 subway stations away from most of the big attractions(5-10min). Get a 72 hour transit pass to save money. Best place that I could find in Vienna. The Lounge location where we stayed is in a much better neighbourhood than the Market location.

The staff is very nice and they give all that you need, excelent attention.

Great hostel

I saw two dubious strangers that were walking and staying in the lobby and I am sure that they were not staying at the hotel. I saw them taking food from the canteen without paying. I see this a problem because from security point of view, nobody did check anything about them.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Romania

My favorite hostel. very clean, good facilities, friendly staffs! Breakfast is a bit expensive but there are some stores you can buy cheap food.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOTE A1

HAHA DANKE :)!!

Amazing hostel with very very good staff! I definetely will come one more time! And, of course, thanks for an upgrading!

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Belarus

For someone who had never stayed in a hostel before, I didn't have much expectations for the conditions, but Wombats was fantastic. They have a bar in the basement which is a great place to meet new people. All floors are locked to the public so it felt very safe. If I go back to Vienna, I'll be staying here again.

• 31st Jan 2014

Kitchen is messy, because guest make a mess. And guest is noisy in lounge floor.

Right there near the Westbahnof Train station and a Hub for metro and bus, excelent location. Also a walking distance from city centre. The staff is genuinely friendly and eager to give you tips and suggestions for your stay. The downstairs Pub is great and the bartender girl is the best. She has the most amazing giggling laugh you'll ever hear... The rooms and bathrooms were ok...

Best hostel ever visited!

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Greece

Amazing staff, super helpful. And free pasta and oil in the kitchen. Woohoo!!

It was my second time here and it was as good as the first one. Great facilities, the staff was really friendly and helpful, the rooms are big and the location is great, really close to the Westbahnhof. I always choose a Wombats if there's one in town.

The best of all wombats!

Best hostel I ever been, so clean, lots of facilities great breakfast for 4€

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Spain

I stayed there with some friends for a night and it was perfect. Very near the train station were we had to take our train to go back home and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The breakfast is not included but for 4 euros you get a hotel-like continental buffet, which I totally recommend.

There could be a soap and there was not enough toilet paper in the bathroom. We use it common and those are necessary for the hygiene of a dormitory room. I had my own soap and tissue but I felt uncomfortable with the cleanliness when other people used.

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Very nice. A lively and friendly place with a basemant pub, lots of other common facilities, pool table, etc. At the same time is very clean, secure and quite upstairs, where the bedrooms are.

clean atmosphere and location is perfect! Every staff was also awesome

• 17th Jan 2014