Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The Internet was very bad and that is part of the reason why we didn't stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, but Wombats always have this atmosphere of "coolness" that is sort of off putting. They try a little to hard, but the intention is good. This hostel isn't really comfortable, it's more just an alright place to stay for a night...it's not very personal. I would also suggest not putting people of the same nationalities in the same room...why do you think I left Texas?

everything is nice ,thanks a million :)

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Excellent backpacker hostel with free wifi/kitchen access/lockers and possibility for laundry, cheap&good breakfast, etc... It hosts a weekly couchsurfing meeting which is a good way to meet other travellers and locals, and is 2$ cheaper than the other wombat in Vienna which is a little more central

Everything was great! My only request would be a bigger pillow I felt like I didn't have any neck also the lockers that open with the keycard is genius! Thanks for a wonderful stay

I like your hostel. I stayed ther many times. It´s very good place.

Love the simple buffet style breakfast. So far, its the best hostel from my experience. The hostel caretaker or staff need to pay more attention to the guest who make noise or talk out loud at night, its disturbing.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Very clean and new and goo location, just a little big, and empty so not the greatest to meet people - maybe just the time of year though :)

Good hostel, staff very helpful, Breakfast excellent and good value and choice. Bar area very relaxing.

I thought it was a great hostel, the room was a bit cold and the bedding a bit thin, but everything was very clean! The facilities were great and I was extremely impressed with the breakfast!

Really friendly staff and nice place all around. I didn't spend much time at the hostel but it was well-kept and seemed welcoming.

Locker wouldn't close and I wanted to extend but the staff was really rude about it.

I had higher expectations after staying at the wombats in Munich. The kitchen was really small but had a great variety of free stuff. I didn't like being put in a "mixed dorm" with three middle aged men. And then an old couple as well for one night. It would be better if they looked at who they're putting in the rooms. I was a bit apprehensive at first as a solo female traveller and it didn't make for meeting anyone.

Hi there :) thank you for your Feedback! Our kitchen is indeed a bit small, but unfortunately there's not much we can do about it - so we're trying to make the best of it (like making our guests cuddle while cooking :D)! Unfortunately the "problem" with mixed dorms is that you might share with people you normally wouldn't get to know, BUT that's also the beauty of it :) A very good place to meet fellow travellers is always our womBar :)! Hopefully see you next time & happy travels :)

Location wasn't that great, had to rely on the metro to get everywhere. They had good facilities, the private rooms were nice and clean. The bathroom however was for disabled people so the shower wasn't separate from the toilet, so water went everywhere in the bathroom, and you needed to squeegee the floor. The bar was cool but always empty which was unfortunate for the vibe.

Hi :)Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry that you didn't like our location, which is quite central (yes, you have to take the Metro to the first district), right next to Westbahnhof, on the boarders to two of the most buzzing cool districts of Vienna and at the beginning of the longest shopping street :)!The shower problem is very unfortunate, but we have to occupy all rooms when we're fully booked. I love our brand new bar as well:) We have to find a way to make people go to our basement:)

It's a really big hostel. The bar downstairs is a great place to meet new people. The location is okay, close to the U-bahn, but walking all the way down to the city center will take you a while.

Very good hostel, the problem dont have internet... And its very important for the travellers

Everyone was soooooooo lovely. Cheers to you all!

Overall good stay. Not quite up to the standard of other Wombats hostels but still in a good location & staff were helpful.

Hi :) thank you for your honest feedback! I'm sorry that you find us not the same standard as you're used to at wombats! We're having some decoration/update work going on over the winter and hopefully will sparkle when you visit next time :) Happy travels!

For private room I really expected more, since I needed to pay for two persons, not that I was booking room only for myself. Room had only one AD/DC plug (and that was above bad), and bathroom was without decent shower. Was meant for disabled person (which I am not - sorry).

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Slovenia

Hi from Vienna, thanks for staying with us and your review! Since we don't have single rooms as such, we have to charge for both persons when you are using a double as single! If you wish to discuss any of the subjects further you can contact me under christina(at)wombats.eu - we hope to have you as a guest again one day and get the chance to make you happy with your stay.

The hostel had an awesome atmosphere and the chillout area was a nice touch. The staff was about average, not extremely friendly but not awful either. Out of all of the hostels I've stayed at the offer breakfast for a small price, this one was probably most worth the money. We ate breakfast here all three mornings since they had many options for all you can eat and it was only 3 euros (maybe 3.50, I can't remember). The bar downstairs was usually pretty empty though and the bartender was awkward

Hi from Vienna, thanks for your feedback. We are of course happy about everything you liked - and I just sent you an E-Mail about the rest to find out more :-) Happy travels, Christina

This was our 6th stay at a Wombats hostel, it was awesome as usual. The best location, best value for money. Spacious private room with bathroom - warm, cozy, clean. We call Lounge our home away from home, in Vienna. We plan to keep coming back every year.

Thanks for your nice words - see you soon again ;-)