Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

It was a good hostel but could have been cleaner.

Very good - as always in Wombats :)

Best hostel yet. That is all!

Feels less like a hostel for travelers and more like a cheap hotel. Not a great place to meet other travelers. Also rhis hostel shouldn't advertise wifi because it hardly works and when it does you can barely even send a iMessage or whatsapp message.

The staff has explained to us that many houses in Austria have no air conditioning system since it is not really necessary, however, during our stay in Wombat, the room we stayed in was really hot and stuffy. Maybe other rooms are fine, but the location of our room made it warm as a greenhouse. Apart from this, everything was good, awesome staff and nice facilities.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Great hostel, wifi could be better.

I find it a bit anonyme, because it's quite big and so very well equipped in a way you don't need to talk to anyone if it's not necessary. I miss some more personality, but the hostel is big, what can you do? But I still had some good chats with the girl at the reception. The breakfast was super, the beds comfortable, the shower hot. What more can I wish for?

• 16th Jun 2015

This hostel was nice and location was perfect - right next to the Westbahnhof train station and metro. I found it harder to meet people at this hostel though compared to other hostels I stayed at. The fact that these are a chain of hostels gives it more of a corporate hotel feel so the atmosphere was not as good as other hostels I've stayed at which had a more intimate atmosphere. The facilities were good and everything was clean, beds were comfy.

Very good, busy, city centre hostel. Great for meeting people and being close enough to explore the city

Where in the hostel on a monday. Meet alot of nice people in the bar. Only minus is the check-out time.

The room is a bit small for six people, but the wifi and the facilities are working well in the room, esp each bed contains a personal outlet, very good, but you need to put the mattress by yourself.

Cool place.

The shower was really good -- lots of water.

The wifi didn't work the entire time I was there. The system was inadequate with the amount of people. It was really good other then that.

Overall I had a good time. The place was extremely hot and poor ventilation during my stay. Vienna is a large city, and this place is very well located for most things. Staff was nice, but they have to deal with a lot of people as this is a fairly large hostel. Beds and cleanliness were fine.

Excellent location near train station. Very clean and safe. Staff friendly and helpful. Youthful, fun atmosphere. Would stay here again.

Nice atmosphere in the hostel. Decent bar in the basement! Clean and towels provided

Best hostel I've ever stayed. They know what they're doing and they're doing it right. Location, price, staff, cleanliness, attention to details, and they got them all right. They have 2 branches in Vienna so be sure not to go to the wrong branch. I did but it was my own fault so I'm not complaining. But they gave me a free drink to compensate me. How nice of them !! Would definitely come back !! Tour guide abit lacking though. Not enthusiast or interesting enough to attain interest.

Wombats was a comfortable hostel with good kitchen facilities. The happy hour specials at the bar are good deals, and it's a good place to meet other travelers. The WiFi wasn't very good at all, and the breakfast was mediocre for how much it cost.

On my next trip to Vienna, I am going to stay at the same hostel.

• 9th Jun 2015