Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Excellent hostel!!!

A very nice place to rest after a long day walking around the city, to meet people once the bar is full of people that's is not on the hostel but lives in Vienna. The kitchen is a good thing once you can cook and make tea or coffee. The bedroom is very comfortable and clean. It's beside two supermarkets and almost in front of the train station. I loved it.

Good hostel right near the train station. Friendly staff and good value for money. Has a good chill out area.

A great bang for your buck. The staff was tremendously helpful and knowledgeable whenever you had questions for them. The wombat is also very conveniently down the block from the U-Bahn which makes it very easy to get around and explore the beautiful city of Vienna. The bar had a very chill vibe, definitely a great place to have a few drinks with friends or fellow travelers before you go out. I would definitely return here when I visit Vienna again.

The hostel was nice, good location and friendly staff as well. I didn't like that I had to travel to the sister hostel to go on the free walking tour though.

Everything in this hostel is just so perfect for me!

Eecellent to your hostel!

The best hostel I have been!!

Very good experience overall!

• 8th Jan 2014

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Got upgraded to 6bd rooms dorm :) Howevet 6 people sharing one bathroom is abit inconvenient.

The Hostel exterior looked good, as did the interior! Lots of information everywhere, as you would expect. Really nice welcome from the reception staff and they were polite, kind and informative. Check in was pretty quick and hassle free and we were able to go up to our room straight away. We stayed on the 4th floor (glad there was a lift!) and the room was clean, presentable and lovely! Fantastic shower with really good pressure and hot! Bar was nice and funky and lots of chill out areas!

One of the bests hostels I have ever been! They have an amazing underground bar, a lot of sofas and chairs in the living room, where you can talk to other guests and the breakfast (which is not included, but you can buy on the day) is very good. Definitely recommended.

being so close to the westbahnhof was great and it was like a ten minute walk from the schloss but it isnt really close to the muesums quarter.

This was a great hostel with great facilities, pretty much had everything we needed. Clean bathrooms, great staff, laundry, kitchen for cooking. The beds were comfortable and the bedrooms were roomy. It wasn't much of a party hostel but did have a great bar with cheap drinks. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

I made booking for a bed in 6-bed dorm but i was given a bed in 4-bed dorm - upgrade! I had stayed in Wombats in Munich before so I had chose Wombats again and I made a wise choice. :-)

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent location.However the room is small and i don't think it is clean.

This hostel is really great hostel. it is really closed to west train station. and breakfast is really nice. you can buy cheap price. and the room is really clean and in the room there are bathroom. it is so nice. also staffs are really friendly.

Security --> average because no one told us what to do or what happened when the fire alarm startet at 2 am ... besides this incident the hostel is amazing!!

Definitely the best Hostel I have ever visited! The only bad thing that occured was that fire allarm rang at 2 am and we had to get out of the hostel, but all was solved in few minutes. I really reccomend it!!

the staff was so helpful and kind!! great atmosphere and close to all the attractions. We loved it