Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

I've stayed at both Wombat's and I must say that I much prefer the other one. That's not to say it's not a good hostel. The location of this one is actually better than the other. The bar here was a little dead, but perhaps because it was a week day. Staff are so friendly though!! There's always a helping hand

location is perfect, if you like walking, you could access to all the main attraction easily!

this hostel was too warm for summer time. need airconditioner or big fan.

I had a really great time at this hostel! The only problem was that during the summer I couldn't sleep in the up bed. It was so hot and they only have a fan that's impossible to attend all the people in the room. I was in a 8 mixed dorm and one fan was not enough.. The bar is very cool but you feel you're in a sauna as well. I don't really like cold but it was way too hot. If they fix this it will be perfect. The atmosphere is excellent and all the staff were friendly and helpfull.

They needed air con. The place was extremely hot. 35 and up! We were sweating throughout the night and couldn't sleep. This was during a heat wave, but it was simply unbearable. Should've provided more fans. Wifi was really weak. Only strong in our rooms. They need more routers to extend the wifi or something.

Great hostel, a little walk from the city centre but not too bad and there was a good atmosphere here, we particularly enjoyed the bar area downstairs.

Bar is like a sauna but I highly recommend this hostel

Perfectly fine hostel. Very close to one of the 2 main train stations. Breakfast was great also!

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The place looked clean and it seemed like it was in a slightly hiper part of Vienna.

• 31st Jul 2015

The bar lounge was really cool, and the rooms were nice. Shopping is just down the street and the city is 20 minutes walking, very nice

Nice hostel! Close to the Westbahnof station, a little far walking from the downtown area. Room was nice/clean and they gave us a fan. Staff were friendly, atmosphere was welcoming, you could usually always find people in the bar and lobby.

Brilliant Hostel. The staff are so welcoming and helpful. The hostel is very cool - The bar is AMAZING! cheap drinks/good music/pool tables! Big breakfast for only 3.90euro all you can eat. Will definately be staying in Wombats hostels again - Thank you!! :-)

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Good hostel. Walking distance to all the sites or close to the main train station if you want to save your legs. The staff were really nice and helpful. There was a small problem with my room but they dealt with it and it wasn't that big of a deal.

Hostel is in a decent location. Kind of far from the its centre but still walkable. The breakfast is good and at a fair price. Great way fuel up for a long day of walking! Dorm are clean Nd spacious and the secure lockers are big enough for most packs.

Great hostel situated in the heart of Vienna close to everything you need! Clean, safe & fun hostel & very helpful staff! Would definitely recommend!

Good location right next to the train station. Clean spacious room and bathroom.

Was quite expensive and had to make our own beds and take our sheets off.. We got there at 2 and our beds weren't made yet either. The location is close to the station but a long long walk to the main buzzing area - also wifi doesn't work!

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate! I am not pretty sure if you stayed at Wombats The Lounge: it is perfectly located in the middle between the old city and the Schoenbrunn Palace (two of the main attractions). It is also in the main shopping street of Vienna, which two minutes away from Wombats turns into a pedestrian shopping street that lead you to the city center. We wish you happy travels!

Friendly and helpful staff with a lot of events happening. Unfortunately, the location is a bit out of central Prague.

I actually ended up staying at the other Wombats (Naschmarkt). I booked the Lounge online but then found out the rest of the people traveling with me were staying at the other location. The staff at Naschmarkt were great, they called the Lounge for me, transferred my reservation for no extra charge! The staff were amazing! It's a chain hostel so it's pretty big, lots going on, good breakfast. The bar is crazy loud though, cool if you're in college, not so great for chatting over drinks.

Felt more like a hotel due to it's size, however a comfortable stay and only a short walk from the station. We were happy enough to stay another night.