Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The shower was really good -- lots of water.

The wifi didn't work the entire time I was there. The system was inadequate with the amount of people. It was really good other then that.

Overall I had a good time. The place was extremely hot and poor ventilation during my stay. Vienna is a large city, and this place is very well located for most things. Staff was nice, but they have to deal with a lot of people as this is a fairly large hostel. Beds and cleanliness were fine.

Excellent location near train station. Very clean and safe. Staff friendly and helpful. Youthful, fun atmosphere. Would stay here again.

Nice atmosphere in the hostel. Decent bar in the basement! Clean and towels provided

Best hostel I've ever stayed. They know what they're doing and they're doing it right. Location, price, staff, cleanliness, attention to details, and they got them all right. They have 2 branches in Vienna so be sure not to go to the wrong branch. I did but it was my own fault so I'm not complaining. But they gave me a free drink to compensate me. How nice of them !! Would definitely come back !! Tour guide abit lacking though. Not enthusiast or interesting enough to attain interest.

Wombats was a comfortable hostel with good kitchen facilities. The happy hour specials at the bar are good deals, and it's a good place to meet other travelers. The WiFi wasn't very good at all, and the breakfast was mediocre for how much it cost.

On my next trip to Vienna, I am going to stay at the same hostel.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Poland

In this trip we had two stays in this hostel. First, the guy who greeted us at reception, Fabian, was nice and very informative but he gave us the room facing to main street, so very noisy and during night time we heard some people fighting and shouting!! Second call of our stay booked via hostel world, the girl receptionist was not nice she again would gave us room facing to small street and she said if we want to have better room, it would be worth, do booking directly with the hotel.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Hi there! We are very glad you could get all Information you needed from our awesome 24h reception staff. Regarding your room, we try to satisfy your wihes, even if it's very difficult in the middle of the high season, cause most of the time we are fully booked. Anw sorry for your inconvenience and we hope to see you very soon in one of our Wombats all over europe. Your Wombat's Team

Great place to stay! Facilities are awesome, if I was there at a better time of week bar would have been awesome! Would defiantly stay here again had an awesome time 👌

Great location and friendly staff!

• 8th Jun 2015

Bit pricey however this could have been because we booked pretty late. Overall a really great hostel, rooms and bathrooms were clean and well equipped. Only downside was that the wifi was absolutely terrible and pretty much didn't work the whole two days we spent there. Kitchen and bar were good though and nice to have a lot of communal spaces.

in the courtyard a vent was so loud that we could not sleep!

• Austria
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel seems a little scruffy but may be due to age - however room/bathroom were clean so no problems. Location is about 20 minutes walk from main sights- can also get the tube/tram. Breakfast good value, and shared kitchen good. Nice atmosphere in communal areas.

Wish we could turn on the air conditioning, the weather was too hot in day time.....

Bar was really cool, very safe, decent location, overall a good stay

Staff were on the whole helpful. Mostly part timers, I felt sometimes there was a lack of commitment.

Everything was perfect and staff were great. I didn't get my drivers license back though and left in a rush to catch a flight.

• 6th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was simply great. Location was really good for arriving and departure and very well connected by train and subway. Rooms were clean and with all you could need.

• Spain

The room was average size for 6 people.The showers were in each room, and became dirty. You had to make the bed, which is difficult at night. The breakfast was excellent for the price! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free walking tour did not leave from this location, so you had to take public transportation or walk. It would have been very helpful to have a shuttle (or a guide to walk there with). It had a nice bar, and lounge area for relaxing or socializing. Location was adequate