Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The hostel is very nice, but it's a bit of a walk to the Museum Quarter, about 20 minutes or so. The hostel is set up like a hotel, which has it's advantages and disadvantages -- once you're out of the lounge/bar area everything feels pretty anonymous, but the rooms were very secure and the atmosphere in the downstairs bar and lounge area was lively. There are some nice restaurants right around the hostel, especially Okay Pizza where we always ended up for late night snacks.

Good and clean hostel with a nice bar in the basement. Close to Westbahnhof and metro/tram stop.

Just perfect place ! Location is few minutes from Westbanhof, stuff is great, hostel is clean and very secure. Also, all you can eat breakfast just 3,8 €. And of course, there is a bar with really good and cheap beer !

Very nice stuff, great breakfast and good location. The room was a bit too hot and the shower didn't have any curtains so the bath was completely wet after a shower.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

In our room 118, when I took the sheets off after my girlfriend put them on I noticed a rather large blood stain on the backside. That she didn't i find that to be quite unacceptable and couldnt say much with us being on our way out.

Hi there! We are really sorry about your inconvenience! Please, next time let us know - we will swap your mattress cover immediately with a new one! Anw, we wish you nice and safe travels! Your Wombat's Team

Great hostel with a very friendly and helpful staff. Next time i'm in vienna i'm definitely staying at wombats the lounge one more time.

Will definitely choose wombats again in the future.

Keep it up!

The staff is not very friendly and they just don't recommend you things unless you ask also the bar closes very early even when they see that there are people having fun there .

I love Womats thanks for all ! Just the bathroom should be cleaner ;) but well I simply cleaned it by myself ;)

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Austria

It was a great centrally located hostel. We were greeted with drinks vouchers to use at the bar which was nice and were given extra vouchers on new years eve too! The rooms were spacious and clean, with lockers to keep your personal belongings safe which was good. The staff were very knowledgeable and gave great tips. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends going to Vienna!

Nicest hostel we stayed in, very clean, good breakfast, very helpful staff.

staff was very friendly, helpful

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Since the cleaning service doesn't go everyday in the rooms, it would be good to put a cleaning set like a broom, a mop, etc. in every room, as the bathroom for example, gets dirty pretty fast. Nothing else to suggest, good hostel!

Hi there! First of all, thank you for your comment! Regarding our rooms cleanliness: our houskeeping staff cleans every room everyday. So please, if you have the feeling that your room is not clean enough, please, let us know! We will clean immediately a second time! Anw - thanks again and safe travels! Your Wombat's Team

maybe the best hostel I've seen in my life, no complaints whatsoever.

Good hostel overall, friendly and helpful staff. A little far from the sites, but I would definitely stay there again.

Standard big chain hostel, you know what you're getting, close to metro

Very good location, right next to Westbahnhoff and metro station, very good hostel direction, leading you to the hostel front door. Friendly and helpful staff, awesome breakfast for 3.90 euro (not included in the price), free luggage room, free locker did not work in my case and I was too tired to go to reception to ask for a help as well as to ask for a towel. Free Vienna map was very helpful. Good place to stay if you have a limited budget.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Russia

The location was amazing, so close to transport. However, the kitchen facilities were a bit unclean.

We liked this hostel, in my opinion the room was perfect, bigger and very nice. We were in the fourth floor, the hostel are many facilities and the staff is very friendly. It's near at "Schönbrunn Palace", I think is a little far the city center for to walk, we bought the ticket for the underground, perhaps if were summer we could walking ;).

• 26th Dec 2014