Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Indeed a hostel feel like accommodation, staffs are very friendly and helpful. Well done and keep it up!

Stayed for 2 nighs in a share dorm.the rooms were clean and comfortable but the hostel felt more like a hotel. There wasn't an intimate hostel feeling and the staff didn't make any attempt to get to know you, if felt like a corporate busibusiness. So fine for quick stop over but wouldn't want to spend too long in this hostel, its very expensive too for what you get.

Nice hostel. Well equipped kitchen. Affordable bar. Comfy beds. Informative staff. Really all you can ask of a hostel. I wish they would have done a bit more to get guests together. But overall a good place to explore the city from.

Very good hostel, except a bit out of the way from the center city. Very close to a large train station and the metro so easy to commute. I like that it has a bar! Also on a large main street!

The staff was friendly and ready to help whenever we needed. Room was clean and quite spacious for a hostel room, which was a pleasant surprise. We loved the large table we had in the room. Overhead lighting in room and bathroom was poor, but reading lights were excellent. We couldn't lock our lockers. I'd complain about it if it weren't just me and friends in room. The shower head was fixed to the wall so we couldn't get a proper wash and I find that to be a big issue.

• 4th May 2015
  • Serbia

Great hostel in a central location! Very positive vibe.

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hostel was in a brilliant place for access to do stuff and was really nice.

The staff is so great, I could`ve huged them.^^ Friendly and very warm welcome. I had a short but nice stay, wish I could`ve stayed longer.

Good location which just few walks to station Dry machine was not dry enough

A decent option with everything that is necessary. The only flaw is lack of individuality.

It was really great, definitely recommended!

Great breakfast, clean rooms and showers. All around positive experience

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely private room, double bed even though I booked a single room. Clean bathroom, good windows that dampen the sounds of the street outside. I always stay at the Wombats when I am in Vienna. Definitely recommend it.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Pretty bad internet. Paid breakfast.

value for money- spacious room, friendly staffs, above average cleaningless, very good location.

Massive hostel. Big room with good bathroom, comfy beds. Good wifi, helpful staff. Free welcome drink in the bar where drinks are cheap as well. Close to the metro to get into town, took less than 15 mins into stephensplatz and main attractions.

The stay was amazing. Our room was fine and clean. The staff always was friendly. We defenately will stay here again!

• 24th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Came to me highly recommended by a friend and it stayed up to the expectations in every aspect.

I was only there for 1 night and generally I like the standard of wombat hostels they are very good. I think I was just a bit unlucky with my room. This isn't the hostels fault but I was awake all night due to someone with the worst snoring problem I've ever heard also the bathroom was pretty dirty (I did arrive late however). I preferred the other wombat hostels

Hey there! Great to hear that you enjoyed wombat's in our other cities - the snorers must all be in Vienna ;-) Next time just pop down to the reception and we can provide you with ear plugs. Happy travels, your Wombat's Team

It was my first time staying in a hostel but I surely recommend it !

• 19th Apr 2015