Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Great staff and place. Very good security too. Had a lot of help here.

Location of the Lounge is excellent. Price of breakfast is a little steep. Bathroom cleanliness is ok.

Great hostel in a really good location! Staff were really helpful when I had to change rooms one night into my stay

I only stayed for 1 night but it was great- wish I had more time there! The staff was awesome and sooooo helpful! The location was easily found and convenient as well

• 5th Oct 2014

The neighborhood is a little sketchy, especially at night and it's not really close to anything unless you get on the metro. The staff were very helpful though and the breakfast was good.

So far Wombats hostels have been some of the better hostels I've stayed in. This time was no different. Clean, comfortable room, quiet and great breakfast options in the morning.

I had a very pleasent stay! The location was super (5min by walk to the train/metro station). I felt very safe and comfortable. The rooms were clean and the bathroom en suite was nice. The staff was kind. The breakfast was also good.

• 3rd Oct 2014

This hostel was not good to me. The toilet and shower was so small and most of staffs was not kind(Except one blonde girl who has piercings and a bearded guy). And some lockers didn't work well.

Hi ! We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with our toilet and shower. Our high security keycard/ lock system can sometimes proove difficult for some of our guests, next time please feel welcome to come to the reception for clarification. Regarding our staff, we believe we have a great team here backed by their 93% rating! Hope to see you again and enjoy your travels! Your Wombat's Team

I stayed for 4 nights. The staff were good when I was checking in and were helpful with any questions I had. The breakfast and kitchen facilities were quite good. Comfy bed and decent shower. The wifi was awful. Not too bad in lobby or dining area but useless in the rooms.

If you want a party hostel this is definitely for you. It was nice and it was in a pretty good location but didn't really help travelers get to know the city like others I've stayed at. But if you have any questions the staff is very nice and happy to help!!

Nice stay

Nice, well organised and run hostel close to the main train station. Good deals at the bar downstairs.

I will definitely recommend this hostel to my friends. Staff is excellent and very helpful. The hostel is located really close to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent and they charge a fair price for it. Really good.

Really nice!

Great bar, good wifi, and nice staff. You share the bathroom with everyone in your room so sometimes depends on the considerateness of your fellow roommates. Also, breakfast costs extra.

Facilities are very good and location (near one of the main train stations) is a good base for sight seeing.

I was quite pleased on the whole. Had difficulty connecting with the wifi, but a staff member very helpfully sorted that problem. My only complaint is that the toaster in the kitchen didn't work and there were no instructions on using the cooker, so I couldn't figure out how to make toast under the grill.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great location 3mins from station! Friendly and helpful staff!

Wonderful experience. Too short time to enjory the city and make friends.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

It's a great place, but for solo travellers it can be a little harder to connect with others since the place is so big. I've found smaller ones with free breakfast are the best for solo travellers to. Otherwise this place was great.