Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Free locker in the room, free printing service, the staff safeguards your electronics... They were really friendly as well, there were problems with my check in, so they gave me an extra free coupon to use at the bar downstairs. Wombats is next to a few stores and close by all sorts of public transportation. Wonderful!

Great overall setup. Very convenient.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Would reccomend all wombats hostels! Always wonderful staff, amazing location, good security, and en suite shower.

very nice

Loved staying at this place. Much of traveling is simply about trusting people, so security is not a huge thing. Your key card will be able to allow you to lock your valuables in a good sized locker (fits a large backpack, some clothes). Like all hostels, anything you leave out of your locker is accessible to everyone - i was able to enter a double bed private room when i swiped my key card against the wrong door number (my key was for a 6 bed female dorm). Enjoy your stay, this place is clean!

• 2nd Feb 2015

The breakfast really worth the value! Great hostel! :)

Pretty good hostel experience, there's nothing here that will blow you away, but there's not much that will leave you dissatisfied. A bit far from the center of Vienna, but close to a metro station. I would recommend this place to friends.

Really great hostel. Will be back :)

Wombat is my favourite hostel. Tha staff was very friendly and helpfull, everything was very clean. It is near to the metro station and it is in a big street,central area. I exactly recommend this great hostel for Vienna, you will be satisfied with it ;)

It would be nice to fill the hair and body gel, not to leave it empty. Not enough lights in our room (206).

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

Hi Martin ! Our housekeeping team refills every day the soap dispenders in our rooms. So it's really strange you found them empty. Anw, if you need additional shampoo or shower gel please tell us, you get it on our 24h reception at any time of the day. We hope you enjoyed Vienna and wish you nice travels. Your Wombat's Team

Nice for a short stay, but would be hard to meet people if travelling alone. Good location to the westbanhof.

Convenient location and value for money.

Great hostel close to train station and metro. Staff very helpful.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, friendly staff and a great bar.

• 22nd Jan 2015

By far one of the best youth hostels I have stayed at. The staff are friendly, the facilities are modern and updated and you feel very safe. I will definitely be back!

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Austria

Very nice hostels. Friendly, awesome staff. Could use an ash tray out front.

Had a nice time at the hostel, staff is really friendly, gave me a map and tips about the city. Location is perfect, just one block from the train/metro station. There you also can take a bus that goes to the aiport. A lot of cafes and restaurants close, two groceries store just next door. Breakfast os 3.90e and is great!

• 20th Jan 2015

Overall, a really good hostel. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The bar downstairs was a lot of fun. Rooms were cleaned daily. A few things i did not like so much. The hostel is HUGE therefore there are so many different common spaces that it was hard to meet and get to know new people. Also, the wifi was horrible. Granted I have a bad phone so I will put some of the blame on that, but it was really frustrating trying to do anything online.

Staff were very helpful and knowledgable. It was very quiet in the common areas. Only one PowerPoint per room which was annoying. Often you couldn't get the opportunity to charge your phone. Beds were flimsy. Bathrooms smelt Location was good for catching public transport with the metro and train station very close by. you are also walking distance to the shopping mall

Will be great if there r bath gel/shampoo in the room. Small electric water kettle for rental

• 18th Jan 2015