Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Was quite expensive and had to make our own beds and take our sheets off.. We got there at 2 and our beds weren't made yet either. The location is close to the station but a long long walk to the main buzzing area - also wifi doesn't work!

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate! I am not pretty sure if you stayed at Wombats The Lounge: it is perfectly located in the middle between the old city and the Schoenbrunn Palace (two of the main attractions). It is also in the main shopping street of Vienna, which two minutes away from Wombats turns into a pedestrian shopping street that lead you to the city center. We wish you happy travels!

Friendly and helpful staff with a lot of events happening. Unfortunately, the location is a bit out of central Prague.

I actually ended up staying at the other Wombats (Naschmarkt). I booked the Lounge online but then found out the rest of the people traveling with me were staying at the other location. The staff at Naschmarkt were great, they called the Lounge for me, transferred my reservation for no extra charge! The staff were amazing! It's a chain hostel so it's pretty big, lots going on, good breakfast. The bar is crazy loud though, cool if you're in college, not so great for chatting over drinks.

Felt more like a hotel due to it's size, however a comfortable stay and only a short walk from the station. We were happy enough to stay another night.

Wombats hostels have everything you need! The breakfast is great value, the staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and clean, the bar is fun with a great atmosphere at the hostel overall. It is a bit further out of the city centre but only a few stops on the train, very easy to get around. Would recommend!

Interior modern, clean, pleasant. This hostel is large and as such I did not feel a connection from the staff or most guests, however the bar allowed me to easily socialise with other guests. Definitely a party hostel. Kitchen too small. Wifi mostly very good, enough to watch YouTube, though it did cut out & slow down from time to time. Many of the lockers in my room no longer shut, seemingly after previous attempts to force them open. Supermarkets near by. Very near Westbahnhof metro station.

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! Please don't try to force the lockers. The best way to get it work properly is asking the reception for help: our maintenance guy is pretty skilled and he will love to repair in a minute whatever is not working the right way. We wish you happy travels and hope to see u really soon in any of our Wombats Hostels :)

It is one of the best hostels that you can find in europe.

The hostel is really convenient for travelers to live and the staff there are kind.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Not that central, but close to the underground. Rooms are of good size, and big windows along with fans keeps the temperature acceptable. Breakfast is really good, and the hostel bar is really cheap, and a great place for meeting people. Internet was a bit unstable, but you are so busy having fun with your new friends so it don't matter. Erika in the reception is really welcoming and just so adorable (and really hot). Fell in love with both her and Vienna. -Petter

Stayed in Vienna for 2 nights to relax in between traveling. This hostel was all I needed and more! Great facilities, loved the bar/dining areas. Lots of opportunity to meet new people.

Very nice hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The rooms were okay but not very clean. The staff at the reception was very kind and helpfull. We went also to the Lounge bar in the basement, it was nice to play a game of pool but it was realy hot there. The staffmemebers in the bar and also the staff who gave us the breakfast were a bit lousy and grumpy. But overall we liked the hostel very much, the breakfast was great and also a good location so close to the metro station.

It's the best hostel in Vienna! Since it's conveniently located near the main train station you only have to walk 5 or so minutes. The staff at all Wombat's hostels have been amazing! They're more than willing to meet your needs and give you insight into the city which you are staying! I will return for sure... Thanks guys!

The hostel is really good organized. Staff are really professional.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I've read the comments before departure and I knew it but I was still surprised that the internet connection was THAT bad ! It is a big hostel, and we expected better on that point. The staff was friendly but because of the size they had so much to do ... And we were really annoyed during the night because if we let the window open there was an huge noise from AC ... A bit far from the center but was ok with the metro. But the breakfast was great ! and great walking tour as well !

Sorry for the WIFI! We are working in a new connection system to improve it. We will try to have soon the best of the WIFI connections for all of you :) We hope you enjoyed the stay with us and hope to see u soon in any of our Wombats Hostels! Happy travels.

Very nice hostel. Staff is very friendly and ready to help when needed. Rooms are a good size. Comfy beds.

Facilities in the hostel were good, but most washing machines were broken so we had to wait until very late at night to get a turn. Breakfast is also expensive for what you get. I also found a lot of the staff unfriendly and unhelpful.

Hi there! First of all: sorry you had a bad day at our hostel. For only 3,90 Eur, we offer at our all you can eat breakfast : toast, cornflakes, different cereals, milk, fresh orange juice, hot chocolate, 6 typs of coffee, cheese, salami, bacon, cooked eggs, butter, 2 typs of jam, nutella, 3 diffrent typs of veggies and many more.But we are always happy to improve! So let us know what was missing. Regarding our staff, we keep since 2 years a 91 % rating -so very strange you had this impression.

Helpful staff, clean rooms and a nice atmosphere

Great vibes!

Large dorm, staff was very friendly and we even got a free drink at the cozy bar downstairs. Location is great (next to the big train station Westbahnhof and only a few subway stops from Stephansdom), many extra services offered by the hostel. The atmosphere is great, definitive recommendation!

Staff are very friendly, trendy, clean and I would definitely stay there again.

• 22nd Jul 2015