Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

the staff was so helpful and kind!! great atmosphere and close to all the attractions. We loved it

The hostel is located right by Westbahnhof, which is very practical, but a little away from most attractions. Anyway, there are train lines right by it. The atmosphere is great and the bar was a nice place to meet people - I like it since I traveled alone. Although the bar was upbeat and had nice music, I had no noise problems whenever I wanted to sleep. i would definitely stay at Wombats again and I recommend it for women traveling alone.

This is a very nice hostel! Very near to the main station. The breakfast was great, the rooms were so big and clean. Staffs are very friendly.

El hostal esta justo frente a la estación de tren pero lejos del centro, bueno para una noche, cuenta con cocina y un bar subterráneo donde tienes derecho a una bebida!

The Lounge is great! It kind of lacks a personal touch or can feel difficult to meet people because of how large the place is, but the kitchen and bar make up for that. (seriously, hanging out in the kitchen is a great way to meet people) if you don't learn enough from all the helpful information that is put up in the hallway near reception, staff is incredible and very thorough and knowledgable. The rooms and facilities are clean. The hostel is close to Westbanhof and many shops of all sorts.

Was truly impressed! Definitely not hostel material! Staff were excellent. Also really appreciated the coupons we were given immediately at check-in :)

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Malta

The best shower we've ever had at a hostel! The water pressure and heating was excellent after a long day of walking and exploring Vienna on a cold winter's day.

Thank you guys !!!!!!!!1 It was my best New year eve 2014 . I met new friends !!! Happy !!!!!!!!!

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Ukraine

Very good locadet and a large hostel with several facilities like the bar. was a nice thing. We were 3 people and booked for 2 nights, because there were so many guests at the moment we were there, I had to book to diferent rooms. The staff changed it automaticly so we could stay to nights in the same room. that was a nice guesture, but because the price went up a bit, it would have been nice of them to ask us first. Otherwise we had a good stay!

• 24th Dec 2013

Great staff, great buffet breakfast, great atmosphere, a great hostel, just great. Go for it.

Super clean and comfy, pillows are a bit rubbish but I think that's Europe in general.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Had a great stay here for one night, a little out of the center of Vienna but very close to the train station which was very handy. Great atmosphere, facilities and bar

Wombat was my first hostel experience, and a very good one at that. The staff was helpful, they had free towels (I forgot mine), they're a minute walk from the metro/Westbahnhof station (if that) and there are two grocery stores right outside the door! great place. Only weird thing, my friend and I were originally in different rooms. When we got to the hostel, the guy switched us to the same room, but I had to pay €5 more. However, if I'm ever back in Vienna, I'll be staying here.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Very nice staff, we had a great time in the bar :)

I stayed in the Wombats Lounge for 5 nights in a private suite. Our room was very spacious with its own bathroom and was great. The hostel was also very nice... the staff was great, the people there were great, and the facilities were great. The bar downstairs was very nice and a great place to meet other travelers and hear about their experiences. I would definitely stay at the Wombats Lounge Hostel again. I was also very happy to see that it's literally half a block from the train station.

The staffs were super friendly. The breakfast is good and cheap. The location is good. The westbanhof was just 1-min walk. However, there should have been more electrical outlets at each bed (for the phone and camera). There should have been towel rack in the shower because you have no place to put dry clothes.

We were a family of four, with older children. The Hostel was in a great location and had great facilities. The staff were very helpful and always had a smile :)

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Amazing hostel!!

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

Nice hostel with very friendly stafft; the breakfast on offer is very good value for money. The overall atmosphere is rather "functional" and feels a bit like in a hospital - but apart from that it's a very nice place.

There could be handsoap in the bathrooms of the dorms.