Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Really great! If I return to Vienna I will stay here.

On the expensive side. Much more like a hotel than a hostel. Clean rooms, ensuite bathroom was nice. The bar/club in the basement was too loud for meeting people as a single traveler (at 8-10 PM at least, obviously loud music as a club later wouldn't be an issue). Probably would have stayed longer if it wasn't so expensive. This hostel was the only one with availability on the Saturday I arrived. I switched the next day to a cheaper hostel.

Sadly, we got to stay at this hostel during their bar and lounge construction renovations. This made for a cramped area at the reception, furniture all over the place. The elevator is slow and we were told sometimes didn't work. The "jungle" breakfast/dining area is a joke. I felt like I was at pre-school with the super low tables and sitting almost on the floor. We were very close to a metro station, which might be one of the few positive items.

This hostel is a little tired and does not look as nice as in does in the photos. There is not much light inside. Only one toaster at breakfast which is pretty silly...

It was convenient to go to Budapest by train (since it is right by the st) but kind of far from everything else in Vienna. That said it was easy to get around though by metro. The rooms were small. The pillows were incredibly flat. If I didn't have one it wouldn't have made a difference. The shower was tiny. The wifi was decent.

Nice staff, great location, usefull free facilities (like iron or hairdryer). Located near the West Train Station - all atractions can be reached by walk.

Over all, it's a good hostel. Things that could be better include: Shower was unnecessarily small, as the bathrooms are a decent size. The biggest issue is that there aren't absorbent bath mats in the bathrooms, so the floor gets covered in water after someone has a shower.

One of the best places I have ever stayed at. Incredibly polite helpful smiley staff, perfect room, drinks tokens, free wifi, cheap but fulfilling breakfast and free walking tour of the entire city centre. Took my mum and she was worried it was only be for the 20s/30s bracket but there were all sorts of ages and faces. I couldn't ask for more and cannot fault Wombats Hostel what so ever. Hopefully more branches will open all over the world! Will be recommending to everyone that goes to Vienna!

• 29th May 2015
  • Scotland

Classic wombat. Clean reliable and good location.

it's really nice and perfect hostel in vienna and stuff are friendly and helpful, just wifi sometime sucks, but can be acceptable, ;;)))

• 29th May 2015
  • bastiangb90
  • China

Fine facilities, but no personality.

I was re-funded for the night I didn't stay which was awesome. But, wouldn't stay at any Wombats hostels again

Please state on the outside if the building which Place it is as we find this confusing We really enjoyed our stay very helpful staf and would definitely come back Thanks to all staff

The hostel was clean. The bathroom was inside the room whcih generally isn't my preference but still a good size and clean. The beds were comfortable and didn't rock when the person in the other bunk moved which is a big plus for a good nights sleep. There was a lot of different options for common spaces which made meeting people easy. THe free walking tour is also a nice added bonus

The location of the hostel was good as long as you are okay with taking the metro between the popular areas. It was a comfotable atmosphere with a really nice and helpful staff. I was only there for a short time, but it would have been very easy to meet people and there was good common areas and facilities.

Very nice hostel really close to the Western Train Station. Very nice staff!

Best hostel, I have stayed ever! Staff is great, location perfect and facilities simply superb! Top on my list!

Just the prices, otherwise fine.

• 23rd May 2015
  • India

The staff members are very friendly and nice. I hope you will keep it up like that.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Turkmenistan

Overall very good hostel. You had to pay extra for the breakfast, but it was really worth it - good breakfast to be in a hostel. Met a lot of nice people at the hostel. Nice and clean rooms. On the negative side it was not the best beds and mattresses and it is only one toilet in the room, so in the morning you may have to wait for a long time before you get the possibility to take a shower, go on the toilet etc. - it may have been better that several room shared several toilets and showers.