Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Wombats hostel offers everything that could be needed for short term stays and is a great base for visiting Vienna. The staff at the front desk are friendly and outgoing, and are always keen to help. Rooms are clean and well resourced with power outlets and comfy beds. All facilities, including breakfast and bar, are highly rateable. If you can book in at Wombats, you should do it. :)

It's a big hostel and you know what it involves; it's harder to meet other people, the cleanliness is fine but can be better and other stuff related to big stuff. But still, really good hostel: super close to the main train station and to the metro and any form of transportation, the facilities are good, they have a good bar down there (when we were there it was like a screamo concert haha) fair enough and the staff its always willing to help.

Excellent facilities and nice bar. Would go again.

The staff were very nice and helpful, but I stayed at a private room and they didn't clean it very well.

Great hostel! Huge room and good bathroom. Very clean. We were upgraded to a private room at no charge. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with questions about the city. There's a great bar downstairs to meet ppl an has great drink specials! Pool table and foosball table. Huge common room on the main floor too. Free wifi and towels. Breakfast was cheap for their great buffet. We stored or luggage there all day the next day and it was very safe. 2 min walk from train station!

Great place to stay. Second time. Great location.

Easy to find hostel from main train station. Clean and good facilities. Hostel staff are friendly and helpful.

The Location of "Wombat, The Lounge was perfect for us because it is very near to the Station and to public traffic. We could leave our luggage in the storage facility during our last day until we had to catch our train in the evening. The staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, even quiet although the mainstreet passes by. There is a comfortable lounge to chill and a bar with great music, all in all an awsome atmosfere! We will come again for sure!

Very professionally run, clean, efficient hostel. Perhaps not as "charming" as some smaller, traveller-run places would be, but these guys are prepared to provide you with anything you're likely to need - from ironing boards to tourist information. The breakfast is quite good value, the rooms are clean, the security good and it is right next to Westbahnhof - in all, I really can't find a fault :) except that it does feel like a huge, well-run machine at times.

Very good place, excellent crew, great bar! :)

What to say? It's the fourth time I slept here. It's an awesome hotel. Perfect location. Nothing better than arrive with the train, walk 50 meters and be home. Big rooms, really good beds, private bathroom. Little bit pricy but huge breakfast, nice staff. All facilities needed. One plug per bed, super wifi, towels for free. Great common and relaxing area. Will keep coming back.

Thank you to the helpful staff.

• 6th May 2014

Small bathroom, it's difficult to take a shower! Nice bar in the basement, with cheap beer and a nice vibe.

Breakfast is worth paying for in the morning. Good transport links and helpful, friendly staff. The area was a little bit dodgy though. Be careful at night.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. Located near train station, restaurants and Metro.

Excellent staff , they are really awesome !!! Everything were great !! They upgrade me to 6 bed dorm and I only pay 8 bed dorm price for my 1st two night .... For housekeeping part , I was staying here for 5 night , and I change two time room , 1st room was really clean and will do some cleaning , 2nd room I stay 3 night was didn't do any housekeeping at all ....

Everything is good and highly recommended if you stay in Vienna. I surely will stay there again next time.

Great location. The hostel was large, but had a nice common area. The staff was excellent, super helpful. The 6 bed all female room was spacious. I didn't see air conditioning, only one small fan, so I'm sure summer would be brutal. Great lockers, large enough for a suitcase and a bit extra. The directions to get there after arriving at Westbanhof were a bit confusing but it was super close once you figured it out.

I would like to have a Wombats in my area to work there :-)

• 3rd May 2014

Good location, bathroom in each room, big kitchen and eating area. A lot of information about what to do. Nice place to enjoy Wien.