Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

I was fairly sick when I stayed at this hostel and specifically booked a 4 bed dorm to be around as few people as possible. Luckily, the staff member that checked me in was so kind to put me in a 4 bed room that no one was in yet so I had the room to myself. It was so lovely after a long train ride to be treated with such kindness...I needed that! Only stayed 1 night so I didn't get a feel for the atmosphere, but everything else was great!

great location, wombat means GREAT rooms, transportation a block away.

Stayed two nights at this Wombats then two more nights at the Wombats by the Naschmarkt. Both were large hostels. Efficient, secure, well located. Atmosphere was a bit lacking, maybe better suited to groups rather than a solo traveler. Felt more like a hotel. The staff at the Naschmarkt were very helpful when I encountered some bites at the Naschmarkt. They changed my room, gave me a tube of itch ointment, and helped me with the laundry.

I recommend a short stay in the Wombats city hostel in Vienna.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

This hostel should be more clean cause I heard that the bed bug was founded on the other room. Beds and the bathroom are needed to be cleaned.

Hi from Vienna, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, sometimes parasites appear, no matter what precautions we take. We try our best to handle these cases, e.g. let guests change room and they can do all of their laundry for free. We apologize for any troubles you may have had. If you have any further queries, you can contact us through our website http://www.wombats-hostels.com/vienna/the-lounge/

They can offer towels for free, if they already have the sheets service, why not the towels.

• 18th Oct 2015

This was my second stay in the hostel and I enjoyed both times. The breakfast is worth the money you pay and the rooms and bathrooms are big and clean.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Awesome location near many restaurants and stores.

The bed was a little uncorfotable but the rest was amazing. Nice and friendly people . Great breakfeast for a great price

Hi Gabriel, thanks for your review! We are about to change some of the mattresses in the rooms, so when you come next time, you will have a good night's sleep :-D

Wombats always delivers a really high standard of hostel facilities so you definitely get bang for your buck staying here. If you're looking for a super-loose or rowdy hostel, I wouldn't recommend this place however if you're keen for a more chilled out and more comfortable spot, this is 110% the place you wanna be staying in :) Great breakfast, staff, location, cleanliness, space available in the dorms and all else!

One of the young guy I forgot his name he was Super helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.During check in we have some problem with one of the stupid guy in the demo, we went down and tell him our problem he immediately change us to another demo.He will go all his way to help you out and he can give you all the information you needed.Breakfast was good compare to some of the hostel, locker come with hanger, individual socket and reading light in each bed except room not so cosy.

Although there are advantages for guests, atmosphere is quite poor such as terrible odor on corridor to go rooms. If it could be solved after, this hostel would be one of the helpful being for tourists.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • sungzzang
  • South Korea

Hi, thanks for your feedback! We will take care of the issue in the corridor. Happy travels!

Very good overall, maybe just a tip to the staff to check the bookings, and put all the that only one night in the same dorm, as it is very to be woken up at 6am every morning because somebody is packing their suitcase. Also, it would be good to clean the and showers with bleach, not just rinsing them with hot water.

• 7th Oct 2015

Hi Anna, thanks for your feedback! In general, we try to do what you suggested (have guests with same arrival&departure date) in the same room, but it is not always possible :-) Best regards from Vienna

A good vibe. I am certainly returning!!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Austria

Thank you! We are looking forward to seeing you again (also in Budapest, Berlin, Munich or London! )

Only inconvenience: slow wifi, though it was free.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Uruguay

Our room wasn't prepped for our arrival, one of the beds wasn't made and there were no fresh sheets. On on of the beds was dirty underwear someone had left. The matrass was quite thin and uncomfortable.

Hi Zoe, thanks for your comment. Sorry for the experience you had; despite our effort to be perfect, sometimes mistakes happen in a busy Hostel :-) I hope we were able to resolve the issue and you had a good stay with us in Vienna anyhow!

Very good location.from airport, just take airport bus and you could reach hotel on walk. Streets around are enough for shopping. And since it's just beside subway, so you could go all tourist spot easily. Staffs are friendly and informative. The dorm room is clean, comfy bed and personal light.

Hi, thank you for your very nice comment :-)

Best hostel shower!

Large hostel with a short walk to the train/metro station which you can get to wherever in Vienna. Hostel had lots of teenagers glued to their phones in the 'lounge', but at night the bar did a great job for being somewhere to drink and meet travellers. Staff were great, I stayed in 6 bed dorm which was cleanish.

Hi, thanks for your nice feedback, it's always good to hear the opinion of an avid traveller!

Decent hostel, close to the train station and many restaurants, fast food places and supermarkets. More plugs in general areas are needed.

Thanks for your feedback! We now have a charging stations in the Lobby where guests can plug in their electronics. Happy travels and hope to see you soon again"