Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Pretty good location, walking distance from Westbanhof train station and also not very far from the Ring. Easy to access and also very safe!

Its a great hostel, well located. Meters away from the metro. The people that work there, are super friendly and kind. The bathrooms in the rooms could be a little bt better, but they are ok!

I didn't enjoy this hostel as much as others. It's located close to the metro , but not to the city centre. I found the hostel a bit old, specially the furniture,the bathroom and kitchen. I found my locker opened when I came back to the room, so i would say that that card system is not that good. In general I didn't like the hostel much, compared to others I have stayed in. I went to the other wombat in Vienna and seemed much nicer. Not a really bad one, but not a highly recomended. Nice staff

Loved our stay here, staff were really friendly and helpful. Met some lovely people and have already recommended it to other people we have met on our travels! Would definitely stay with wombats again!

its a very big hostel where there are more than 10 rooms on each floor. at first it looks quite lbyrinthine. the building and facilities inside dont look brightly clean simply because they are not new. the overall atmosphere was not that great- there is a lounge next to the reception but everybody is busy using cell phones, not very social mood but it is a greta place if u re travelinng in groups . u can cook there, have free drinks in the bar

Some may find that this more quiet hostel (compared to the Wombat's Base down the road) is a little too low key, but we loved it for not being the party zone. The bar is so far below the rooms you'll never hear anything there, the staff is great and helpful, there is a free walking tour from the other Wombat's location and everything was clean and secure. I really enjoyed my time at this hostel.

This is a good one to stay! Location is good, just around the corner of West station, not really near to city center though. Some things are worse than wombats Budapeste, but it's yet good. Wi fi signal at top floor also. But at first floor sometimes people smoke at ground floor and smelling come inside the room and the street is kinda noisy. Staff was really great at all times. Map they give is REALLY BAD, wrong info and missing the Stephan Cathedral, only the central city spot!!!

One of the best hostel's I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot!)

I only stayed there one night, but it was a really cool hostel. Extremely clean, en suite bathrooms, big kitchen. They have a really good breakfast deal, with a lot to eat, also a good bar so you can chill and have a beer there if you want. It's a chill place, good for young travellers I would say

Hope to stay again next time on next trip :))

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Great breakfast for 4 euros. The most social place is the bar downstairs. Rooms were pretty basic but overall decent hostel.

the hostel is very clean and run with a competent and professional staff. The only issue is that it is not located in the best area, and there are various issues with the laundry machines. The Hostel bar is very good.

The hostel was very good value for money, and was a really cool place in a great location, everywhere nearby easily accessible by the big station very close by. We spent both our nights there in the hostel bar which was very good. Only downside was it lacked slightly in atmosphere, and lacked things such as hostel organised bar crawls etc. Otherwise recommended though!

I stayed in a single room for four nights. The room was spacious with an en-suite bathroom. There were two single beds in it, so I guess it can sleep two. The location is excellent. Very close to the Westbanhof. If you need to catch a train from there, it is super convenient. The historical center is only a few stops away by metro. The staff were fine. Not particularly warm, but professional. The hallway smelt a bit, but not much of a problem. Overall, it was a nice stay. Thank you!

Good hostel, really close to the main train station. Bit relaxed on front door security but room security is great! A little dated but still a great hostel

Cute guys at the reception ;)

Perfect! Nice location and quiet, welcoming staffs, nice facilities!

Great place if you want to meet people and the staff are really helpful for anything you need! Would definitely go back! :)

Great staf. They were super helpful. However it wasn't great value for money as basic dorms are quite expensive given that the hostel is not close to the city. Also one of the fridges didn't really work.

Everything about Wombats was perfect... The Lounge is just a block away from the train station so this was quite convenient for us and downtown Vienna is quite easy to reach by metro in just a few minutes.