Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

The location is perfect: near westbanhof station, restaurants, markets, stores! The staff is really great, always helping.

• 18th Nov 2013

The wifi was unstable during our stay. Other than that, the hostel was very nice!

Loved it!!

Right next to Westbahnhof.. location could not be better. It is a great place to meet other travellers. The WomBar is also amazing, with free pool. Unfortunately, the wifi was not working the day we stayed there. The best thing that we liked were their city maps - easy to use, uncluttered, with all the major attractions of the city with the metro lines. Would definitely recommend this place if looking to stay for a couple of nights.

Was an okay stay, the general lack of atmosphere was a definite draw back.

• 16th Nov 2013

I hope it was only a matter of bad lucky for me, but during my stay, the iternet was down most of the time. Actually this is my only concern.

Great experience, thank you

The wifi was no good

There were so many common areas that there was not really one place for people to meet

It's a nice enough hostel, but it feels like a hotel. There is no kitchen to cook your own food, or at least i did not see one. And somehow the atmosphere is not the best, people just stay to themselves. I am sure this is a nice hostel if you are traveling in a bigger group, but otherwise it is just a place to sleep. Although a nicely safe and very clean one.

Hi! Thanx for your feedback! Actually we do have a guest kitchen where you can cook your own food - sorry that you didn't find it :( but next time, please ask our receptionist and they'll be able to help you :)! See you Kerstin

The location is what I've wanted, close to the train station but it is a bit far from city centre. Staffs were friendly. One comment on the cleanliness of the bathroom in my dorm. The side of the doors of the shower cubicle are very dirty and lots of black molds are growing on it.

Hey! Sorry for that bad experience :(! We checked the room and fixed the mold problem right away. Thanx for letting us know :)!! All the best! Kerstin

Kitchen was slightly dirty but the rooms are fine. The room that i was staying in only had one power socket which was located right beside the door. that was really inconvenient.

No much to say, this is must be your choice in Vienna.

The location is excellent, just few steps in Westbanhof station. But this hostel is so popular, so I could not extend for one more night. There're so many people. All of facilities were nice. :)

Great overall experience. Staff was friendly and helpful in places to go (even on a wednesday night). It is right outside a major train station so no need for a bunch of switches on public transport.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Quiet hostel located 20 minutes outside the city center of Vienna. Great facilities (although WiFi was spotty in the rooms), helpful staff, very clean. Quieter atmosphere, but it could have been because it's off season for most travelers. A good place to catch your breath and relax!

-- it was disappointing that I had to change the bedlinen as the previous guest did not do it! hotel staff should pay more attention to guests' actually returning the bedlinen before checking out. -- i was not given an invoice upon payment. not very transparent.... -- my locker did not work -- as i understand this is a relatively new hotel and it is disappointing that furniture / equipment is already broken and not taken care of.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Hungary

Hey! THANK YOU for the feedback and SORRY that you had such a bad experience with us! It was a very busy weekend when you checked in, and unfortunately one of the 200 guests who checked out that day forgot to bring down their sheets AND our receptionist didn't realize that either - sorry for that. The reason why we don't print receipts right away, is our environment. Of course if you ask for a receipt we give you one ;) Sorry again! All the best and happy travels!! Kerstin

LOved it! Loved the staff!:) Very friendly and had great music & perfect location from the station!

• 2nd Nov 2013

I totally recommend this hostel. It is good located. Very clean and the staff was excellent. If you are travelling alone is The place to stay to know other travellers and be treated as if you are at home. Better than a hotel.

• 1st Nov 2013