Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Good key card security.. Although locker system was a little weird - being able to lock them with personal locks would have been easier. Reception were s helpful... Printed out bus timetables for me so I could get to mauthausen concentration camp as my day trip was cancelled. Washing facilities are great, wifi great, breakfast great. Would have been nice if they cleaned the rooms more than every. 3 days! Especially the bathroom. Bar is awesome!!!

All facilities was nice!!! but. Others guest in my room, they drunk so much. They came back in the room around 3-4 AM. They drunk and rampage other guest in the rooms. I can't sleep until they sleep at 06.00 AM. I am only one who need to sleep in the rooms before 01.00 AM. They damn me that why i sleep at 01.00 AM!!!

Wombats yo!!!

Only stayed for one night but loved it! Great bar and common area to meet others, good if you're a solo traveller like me. Rooms were spacious and clean, but lockers were very tricky to work. My couldn't work mine so my valuables had to be out all night. Other than this, a great hostel and wish I could've stayed longer!

It had a hotel feel with families staying there. It is really big so hard to have any type of chill atmosphere. Really clean but too big.

The location is very good which near the station, walk for only 3 minutes. Staff's are nice and facilities are good(I love the kitchen). But there's a little bit dusty in our room, I guess that is because the room haven't been used for few days. Bed and bathroom is fine(towels are clean) but the floor and table is dusty. Breakfast is good, many choices.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Stayed in an all girls dorm and everyone was in bed around 10.30pm so if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep than this is perfect. Hostel advocates how it is rated highly for cleanliness however the room could have been a lot cleaner. Kitchen and social areas had fruit flys also. Ok hostel but definitely could be cleaner and have a bit more atmosphere.

Hi ! First of all thanks for you comment. We know, sounds strange ...but yeah - some people like to sleep at 10:30 pm, but it's in no way a general rule in our hostel. ;-) As far as the cleanliness is concerned: Our cleaning staff is doing their very best to keep the highest possible standard in our houses and we are constantly trying to improve on that, so thank you very much for your feedback! Happy travels and hope to see you soon in one of our hostels! Your Wombat's-team

it is really far from center. i didn't like the rooms. but it has a great bar though.

Hi ! Great you enjoyed our Wombats Bar so much - we also do ! :-) Strange you had the feeling we are located far away from the city center. Actually the next underground stop is just 1 min walking distance from our hostel ( Westbahnhof) and takes for the 3,5 Km ( direct connection!) exactly 11 min to Stepahnsplatz ( city center). But everbody measures distance differently ;-) Anways we hope you enjoyed Vienna and we wish you safe travele ! Your wombat's-team

The best hostel i have visited. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. The lobby is awesome with sofas, computers, vending Machines and even a giant bed where u can take a nap if your waiting to check in. Staff was awesome. Great humor and very nice to us. We could use their guest shower while we waited to check in. Breakfast for like 3-4€ was also good.

Very close to train station, but horrible area at night. Went out to dinner one night and walked 2 blocks to go back and was offered drugs 3 times.. Other than that it's great hostel. Very friendly staff.

I like Wombats City Hostel - The Lounge in Vienna. I and my wife went to Vienna for honey moon. We were tired because of the 14 hrs long flight. We took the bus to Westbahnhof after we get off the plant. The Lounge was very easy to find. This made us a quick check-in and also helped us take a nice shower to wake up our tired body. The Lounge is also very closed to U-bahn. The transportation is really convenient if you choose Wombats The Lounge.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Very cool hostel with a lot guests. Had their own bar which was great for meeting people. Overall great atmosphere, would definitely recommend for others.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wombats is run by very nice and helpful staff. Their Vienna location doesn't have all that much atmosphere other than staying... At least compared to the Budapest spot that's pretty awesome.

I just came back from a 3 month backpacking trip around the world, stayed at many hostels, and what I'm about to write is true. THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT. I met great people here, the bar had a great vibe and was all the way underground so it didn't make the rest of the hostel loud. Rooms and showers are great, beds are good, electrical outlets are good. Kitchen, dining area, chilling area, is all good. No complaints. I loved it.

The whole building was clean and tidy. It was very good to have our own batrhoom in our room. Its location made it very easy for us to find, since it is close to the train station, and the subway station. We also liked how kind and helpful the whole staff was.

Great staff and awesome couch/lounge area! Each dorm had their own private bathroom, which provides more privacy but at the same time gave a more industrial and hotel-y feel, compared to a cosy hostel. You can still meet plenty of people at the WomBar though, and you get a free small beer. The kitchen is a bit small for a hostel with so many travelers, but the buffet breakfast is pretty good. The location is a bit far from the centre, but the metro station is just a 2 min walk.

Clean, modern and well located hostel

We had an ensuite double private room which was clean and had a huge bathroom. The facilities were great and staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great start to the day and worth the 3.90 Euros (really helpful to have in the morning). Having the bar downstairs (was also great to have and free pool is always a bonus! The location was really good - 1 minute walk (or less) from the nearest tube which linked you to everywhere.

Location was average. Vienna is dry, dull and boring. Worth a miss. Salzburg is nicer .

Hey, thanx for your constructive feedback about our hostel ;D! Have a good one, Kerstin

A little far out from the city centre, however it was right next to the train station.