Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

A good vibe. I am certainly returning!!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Austria

Thank you! We are looking forward to seeing you again (also in Budapest, Berlin, Munich or London! )

Only inconvenience: slow wifi, though it was free.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Uruguay

Our room wasn't prepped for our arrival, one of the beds wasn't made and there were no fresh sheets. On on of the beds was dirty underwear someone had left. The matrass was quite thin and uncomfortable.

Hi Zoe, thanks for your comment. Sorry for the experience you had; despite our effort to be perfect, sometimes mistakes happen in a busy Hostel :-) I hope we were able to resolve the issue and you had a good stay with us in Vienna anyhow!

Very good location.from airport, just take airport bus and you could reach hotel on walk. Streets around are enough for shopping. And since it's just beside subway, so you could go all tourist spot easily. Staffs are friendly and informative. The dorm room is clean, comfy bed and personal light.

Hi, thank you for your very nice comment :-)

Best hostel shower!

Large hostel with a short walk to the train/metro station which you can get to wherever in Vienna. Hostel had lots of teenagers glued to their phones in the 'lounge', but at night the bar did a great job for being somewhere to drink and meet travellers. Staff were great, I stayed in 6 bed dorm which was cleanish.

Hi, thanks for your nice feedback, it's always good to hear the opinion of an avid traveller!

Decent hostel, close to the train station and many restaurants, fast food places and supermarkets. More plugs in general areas are needed.

Thanks for your feedback! We now have a charging stations in the Lobby where guests can plug in their electronics. Happy travels and hope to see you soon again"

Very clean and spacious double room. Staff were very helpful with directions and fixed any problems immediately.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Wombat brand hostels are a name you can trust. I've stayed at both Wombat hostels in Vienna and if you're torn between the 2 I'll give you this advice. If one of them is cheaper or in a better location for you then choose that one. If they're both exactly equal then I would personally chose the one at the Nashmarket because the market is interesting and because when I arrived at 6 am to the hostel my first time in Vienna the staff member was really nice and let me check in extra early.

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location is a bit further from the center, but the metro station is 2 minutes away. Wifi wasn't that good. Also, the beds weren't made, so we had to do that ourselves; and before you leave you have to bring your bed sheets to the reception. Check out was at 10 am. But they let you leave your suitcases in the locker room in case your bus/flight/train is later that day. They give a free welcome drink :)

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Kosovo

The hotel is well located. We can go to have a sightseeing of Wien by underlines or buses quickly.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • China

Coming from Wombat Munich, this hostel was a big disappointment. I expected Wombat's Vienna to be just as awesome as Munich. Staff is great at giving suggestions for food, drink, etc. Bed had stains on it and bathrooms had no soap in dispenser. Stayed in 6 bed room and this was not Wombat's fault but one hostelmate woke our whole room up at 5am. Hopefully my next visit to another Wombat's will be better.

Hi there, sorry if we couldn't like up to the expectations 100% - we always try to achieve the highest level of cleanliness possible. I will see why your room wasn't checked by our head cleaner and make sure it doesn't happen again! Safe travels, Boris

This hostel is in a great location, right near the bus station and the train station, as well as near plenty of restaurants. The staff was super friendly. I would not recommend taking a single bed in the dorm rooms, as there are not outlets available for these beds. Unfortunately, there is one bathroom per room. I would still recommend this place!

The hostel didn't really have a social atmosphere that I was expecting. The bar downstairs was empty during the weekdays and the common room was not very social. The breakfast was extra but there were many options. The wifi was good throughout. Not in a central location but close to train and tram stops. The rooms are really nice!

The best parts were the location and the lockers. The key system they have is terrific for the lockers. The location is located need a main underground station which made Vienna very doable. They tried to make the environment better with a party and a free first drink but it didn't work. The comforter is not changed between people and there is no amount of "deep cleaning" so under the beds and in the corners of the showers is gross.

• 26th Sep 2015

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay to the fullest - I will definitely look into the cleanliness issue, as this is one of the most important things for us. Thanks for pointing it out. All the best, Boris

Staff was helpful and friendly. I like the atmosphere. Everything seems new and repaired. Wifi is available for free but I believe it could be a little faster.

The staff is friendly. The room was clean and spacious. A fun welcome drink when you arrive and a full bar downstairs. Huge kitchen and eating area and a lovely common area. A far walk to the museum district but it's still a great location. I would stay here again.

The light is not bright.The light bulb need renewing.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

Enjoyed the facility itself, very cool bar (though mostly empty which we found so odd).. Great access to public transit. Rooms were great and exactly what we expected with another wombats stay under our belts before arriving in Vienna.

Its Wombats, you know what to expect.