Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

We had an ensuite double private room which was clean and had a huge bathroom. The facilities were great and staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great start to the day and worth the 3.90 Euros (really helpful to have in the morning). Having the bar downstairs (was also great to have and free pool is always a bonus! The location was really good - 1 minute walk (or less) from the nearest tube which linked you to everywhere.

Location was average. Vienna is dry, dull and boring. Worth a miss. Salzburg is nicer .

Hey, thanx for your constructive feedback about our hostel ;D! Have a good one, Kerstin

A little far out from the city centre, however it was right next to the train station.

Great hostel. Good vibe around the place. As a solo traveller I met lots of people here. The place is large enough that you can party and be loud with the crowd at the bar or find a quiet area (awesome cushion lounge) to chill in peace. Location next to main train station and a supermarket is good. You will chew through the metro tickets however as most of the main attractions are about 3-4km away. Cool reception staff too.

Great one night stay. Everything was as expected, great wifi and common space chargers. Lockers were large with Ensuite bathroom. Some if the dudes in the room smelled pretty bad and the room is quite small, but not the hostels fault. I was in a 4 make only dorm. Maybe woulda chose mixed or maybe even 6 for a larger room / more ventilation. Close to westbanhof.

Located right next to the station in Vienna, so great location for Interrail or Eurrail pass holders - however it is a little further from the centre than other Viennese hostels. However, it has a great bar with pool tables - great for meeting fellow travellers. The hostel is also secure, reasonably quiet, clean and tidy - I would stay here again.

Great location by the train station, clean, nice staff. Had a good stay!

The breakfst is a great value! The staff is really nice, the bar downstairs is really good to meet people, really enjoyed my stay in here :D it's a great hostel overall :) Definitely recommend it to anyone

Simply flawless. I've been around Europe for three weeks and have to say this is the best place I've stayed in. Safety, cleanliness, kind staff, young atmosphere, great facilities, this acommodation couldn`t improve a single thing. As you see, I strongly recommend that you visit this place when going to Vienna.

Great place, the staff is really nice and helpfull. Rooms are big, the bar is great and you can get to meet heaps of people :D

+ Lockers big enough to accommodate your large backpack. + Free WiFi + Elevator - Breakfast not included

Pretty good location, walking distance from Westbanhof train station and also not very far from the Ring. Easy to access and also very safe!

Its a great hostel, well located. Meters away from the metro. The people that work there, are super friendly and kind. The bathrooms in the rooms could be a little bt better, but they are ok!

I didn't enjoy this hostel as much as others. It's located close to the metro , but not to the city centre. I found the hostel a bit old, specially the furniture,the bathroom and kitchen. I found my locker opened when I came back to the room, so i would say that that card system is not that good. In general I didn't like the hostel much, compared to others I have stayed in. I went to the other wombat in Vienna and seemed much nicer. Not a really bad one, but not a highly recomended. Nice staff

Loved our stay here, staff were really friendly and helpful. Met some lovely people and have already recommended it to other people we have met on our travels! Would definitely stay with wombats again!

its a very big hostel where there are more than 10 rooms on each floor. at first it looks quite lbyrinthine. the building and facilities inside dont look brightly clean simply because they are not new. the overall atmosphere was not that great- there is a lounge next to the reception but everybody is busy using cell phones, not very social mood but it is a greta place if u re travelinng in groups . u can cook there, have free drinks in the bar

Some may find that this more quiet hostel (compared to the Wombat's Base down the road) is a little too low key, but we loved it for not being the party zone. The bar is so far below the rooms you'll never hear anything there, the staff is great and helpful, there is a free walking tour from the other Wombat's location and everything was clean and secure. I really enjoyed my time at this hostel.

This is a good one to stay! Location is good, just around the corner of West station, not really near to city center though. Some things are worse than wombats Budapeste, but it's yet good. Wi fi signal at top floor also. But at first floor sometimes people smoke at ground floor and smelling come inside the room and the street is kinda noisy. Staff was really great at all times. Map they give is REALLY BAD, wrong info and missing the Stephan Cathedral, only the central city spot!!!

One of the best hostel's I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot!)

I only stayed there one night, but it was a really cool hostel. Extremely clean, en suite bathrooms, big kitchen. They have a really good breakfast deal, with a lot to eat, also a good bar so you can chill and have a beer there if you want. It's a chill place, good for young travellers I would say