Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Perfect location just across the street from train station and few minutes away from city center. Has amazing bar and 2€ Beers at happy hour, perfect place to meet people, not only travelers. Beds were very comfy with free linen, free lockers only mine didn't work. Staff were great helping with directions or offering a tour. Definately would go back again!!

I think will be no big problem if towels being included in the direct service.

Most of the staff are really great, Micheal is very kind. Clean and near to a metro station. Only tourist place nearby is the palace. Any other you should take transportation. I acctualy didn't like the location.

Hi ! Cool you like our staff so much! But very strange you didn't like our location; cause we are located direct on the main shopping street of Vienna and 2 min from the subway station Westbahnhof. From there you can reach the city center and most of the sights in less ten 12 minutes! Anw - we wish you happy and safe travels and we hope to cu very soon in our house! Your Wombat's Team

Good facilities, but no real social atmosphere; kind of expected with a large chain hostel though. Loved the cheap breakfast, location was convenient (2 minutes walk from metro), and staff were friendly. Some roommates suspected cleaning staff of stealing personal belongings. However, there are lockers in the rooms for additional security.

Hi there! First of all we are glate you like our staff, location and breakfast so much! Regarding our cleaning staff: we are more then 100% sure that no one of our great staff will ever touch your personal belongings! NEVER! If we can't clearly indentify belongings from our guests we store it immediately in our lost and found storage, behind our 24h reception. Anw - we wish you super nice travels and hope to see you very soon in our hostel! Your Wombat's Team

Groups of students treated the hallway outside my private room as a party hall. The hostel gave out too few keycards for these groups, and late into the night and early in the morning these people banged on the security door, because they didn't have keycards. The woman at the desk talked to the group and assured me the problem was taken care of because the students were nice to her when she 'reprimanded' them. Later, when the problem persisted, I was told there was nothing she could do. LOL

Amazing people with convenient traffic and the staff are very helpful and kind!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • China

Can't recommend highly enough. We came to stay here after having stayed twice before at the Wombats in Berlin (and having loved it!) and it didn't disappoint. Very similar to the Berlin Wombats, extremely clean, en-suite facilities which you don't often get with hostels, and value for money is amazing. But I think that the best thing about this hostel was probably the staff - friendly, relaxed and incredibly helpful. If you need any tips for nights out ask them! LOVE Wombats!!!!

• 21st Nov 2014

Very good hostel- good dorm sizes, clean, nice staff, good location BUT I stayed in Wombats Berlin too and they both have the same problem- lack of atmosphere and socialising- maybe they need some sort of activities to bring people together in the big bar downstairs. Thankfully I knew some people in Vienna because it would have been very hard to meet people here as a solo traveler.

Was only there one night but good atmosphere decent location and facilities. Great wifi. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.

Great staff and excellent location, very good breakfast, they charge for it, but well worth it. Free Wi fi, over all excellent, the only issue I had with the Hostel was, they allow people to check in any time, I has someone check-in at 1 in the night and they would not turn the main light off in the dorm, this is 1 AM in the night.

Hi there!We are very gald you like our staff,our location,free WIFI and all you can eat breakkie for just 3,90Eur so much.We are sorry,you made the experience with people disturbing your sleep.But as we provide at Wombats a 24h reception,guests sometimes come very late with night trains or buses.Naturally we stil have to check them in. Also sometimes just a friendly "may I ask you to switch off the light after check in"helps.Anw thanks again for the nice msg and safe travels ! Your Wombat's Team

It was really nice to stay here. There is a good atmosphere! I would go back.

Staff were great and very friendly. Wombats have consistently impressed me in each place I have stayed. Close to main stations, decent bed, clean with some actual space in the rooms. Def my first check for future cities I am staying in. Thanks for making my trip more comfortable.

love Wombats! as a solo traveller having the bar is a great way to meet people the place is in an awesome location, near the train and pretty much everything else too! it's super safe and clean. worth every Euro. would definitely recommend and return

Haven't stayed in many hostels during my travels, but this one is really good. Great Location, free wifi, spacious room( i stayed in 4 bed mixed dorm), helpful staff & cheap beer. Highly recommended if you ever come to Vienna.

This hostel is really nice, the rooms are big and clean, the breakfast is great and the staff is quite nice, although not so helpful when it's about sightseeing recommendations, but that's maybe because the one I asked for information wasn't from Austria, but from Spain. The atmosphere wasn't the best, I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveller, but perhaps that depends on the time of the year you're traveling to Vienna.

Very cool hostel, only a few minutes Walking distance to Train/subway Station. Friendly and helpful staff and really nice atmosphere. I'd also recommend everyone to have a drink at the Basement bar, it's surely worth a visit. All in all I'd say I already know where I'll stay next time I'm in vienna. :)

Awesome staff, who are very flexible (I changed my reservation three times) and provide great tips for what to do around the city. The hostel was a but farther away than I expected but the metro is very close. The rooms were great and the bathroom was clean!

Great experience!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I loved my stay at the Wombats City Hostel in Vienna. The staff was really nice and approachable, everything was clean and I loved that it was located so close to the main street and train station.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

one of your staff was very kind to me. So I was satisfied with my travel Next time, I look forward to stay in your hostel Thank you

• 12th Nov 2014