Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Great location and friendly staff!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great hostel. I mixed up the Wombat hostel I was meant to stay at and they changed my booking and let me stay at their hostel for no fee at all. I had a rough night on the train and the staff gave me free breakfast for the struggle I was going through. The walking tour guides come into the hostel and round up everyone. Great bar with great staff downstairs.

Bit pricey however this could have been because we booked pretty late. Overall a really great hostel, rooms and bathrooms were clean and well equipped. Only downside was that the wifi was absolutely terrible and pretty much didn't work the whole two days we spent there. Kitchen and bar were good though and nice to have a lot of communal spaces.

in the courtyard a vent was so loud that we could not sleep!

• Austria
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel seems a little scruffy but may be due to age - however room/bathroom were clean so no problems. Location is about 20 minutes walk from main sights- can also get the tube/tram. Breakfast good value, and shared kitchen good. Nice atmosphere in communal areas.

Wish we could turn on the air conditioning, the weather was too hot in day time.....

Bar was really cool, very safe, decent location, overall a good stay

Staff were on the whole helpful. Mostly part timers, I felt sometimes there was a lack of commitment.

Everything was perfect and staff were great. I didn't get my drivers license back though and left in a rush to catch a flight.

• 6th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was simply great. Location was really good for arriving and departure and very well connected by train and subway. Rooms were clean and with all you could need.

• Spain

The room was average size for 6 people.The showers were in each room, and became dirty. You had to make the bed, which is difficult at night. The breakfast was excellent for the price! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free walking tour did not leave from this location, so you had to take public transportation or walk. It would have been very helpful to have a shuttle (or a guide to walk there with). It had a nice bar, and lounge area for relaxing or socializing. Location was adequate

For the price and location next to U-Bahn, this was a great hostel. One of the best I've stayed at in europe.

Wifi should be better in the hostel to have better access in the rooms..

• 5th Jun 2015

Warm welcome,especially sweet blond girl from the reception..:)

Friendly and helpful staff. They know what the newbie to the Vienna wants. Thanks for your service.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

very friendly and helpful staff. wonderful experience. just that the wifi in the room is a little spotty.

Friendly staff and AWESOME breakfast. The lack of air conditioning in the room was a bit uncomfortable, but that's to be expected in the summer months. Overall, an excellent hostel.

Clean and well kept. In a decent area, a walk away from the palace and close to a subway station. The bar downstairs was pretty good, and it was cheap. Best of all, when I arrived at 7 am after a rough night bus ride, they managed to find me an empty room and let me check in right away! That was a relief.

Everything about this hostel was great except for the fact my room had no electricity, so getting around the room at night and charging my phone was difficult. The staff was extremely helpful, the location was wonderful, and the atmosphere was youthful. I was hardly in my room so no electricity wasn't a huge deal but it would have been nice to see at night!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Situated 20 mins U-Bahn outside of main city centre but nice hostel. AMAZING lockers!