Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Pretty bad internet. Paid breakfast.

value for money- spacious room, friendly staffs, above average cleaningless, very good location.

Massive hostel. Big room with good bathroom, comfy beds. Good wifi, helpful staff. Free welcome drink in the bar where drinks are cheap as well. Close to the metro to get into town, took less than 15 mins into stephensplatz and main attractions.

The stay was amazing. Our room was fine and clean. The staff always was friendly. We defenately will stay here again!

• 24th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Came to me highly recommended by a friend and it stayed up to the expectations in every aspect.

I was only there for 1 night and generally I like the standard of wombat hostels they are very good. I think I was just a bit unlucky with my room. This isn't the hostels fault but I was awake all night due to someone with the worst snoring problem I've ever heard also the bathroom was pretty dirty (I did arrive late however). I preferred the other wombat hostels

Hey there! Great to hear that you enjoyed wombat's in our other cities - the snorers must all be in Vienna ;-) Next time just pop down to the reception and we can provide you with ear plugs. Happy travels, your Wombat's Team

It was my first time staying in a hostel but I surely recommend it !

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Greece

only a suggestion to the hostel admin: kindly put tags on the luggage in the luggage room and escort along owner to luggage room.so that no one steal from anyone's luggage.

You staff take out all the dirty bed sheets at 5 o'clock in the morning!! And my room happened to be on the backstreet side. Therefore, it makes quite lots noises! And the noises lasted about thirty minutes!! Hope that you can improve next time.

It is my second time in a Wombats Hostel and it was very nice again. You feel very safe with the hostel keys that work very well with the lockers too. Breakfast is not free, but it is a very good option. I also love that every bedroom has its own bathroom. Location is a little bit far from city center, but the hostel is very well connected with transportation.

My only complaint was that the hostel was a good hike from the main attractions of vienna... Other than that everything was great. Really nice bar area perfect for meeting travelers and locals.

I had some trouble with the lockers in the room. It do not open and close as reliable as it should.

• 14th Apr 2015

Hi there ! Our super safe keycard/locker system is usually working without any problems. Anw your reception staff will always help you if you need assinstance also with locker issues. We hope you enjoyed Viennna and hope to see you soon in one of our houses. All the best ! Your Wombat's Team

Great location, nice service and cheap price.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Nothing but good things to say!

I have been there last year during a working week in Vienna and I came back this year with a couple of people. They were also enthusiastic for the location, cleanliness and all the facilities. I knew what I was going to find. In case I need to go back next year I will definitely choose the wombats again. Thanks for everything.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've been to!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

the hostel ages... it might be still nice for young budget traveller, but if you can afford an extra EUR 20-30 for a 2-bedroom, you get better/clean/stylish rooms in hotels throughout the city. Depends what you're after: Wombats still good for meeting other travellers, the party in the basement on weekend nights is still on. - double room 404: rather poorly equipped, lamps not bright enough in bathroom, not really a place to leave clothes/towel in bathroom once you're in the shower

Hi! We are glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of our newly renovated bar,we are really proud of it! We would just like to mention at Wombat's we welcome all forms of travellers.Our guest come here for the consitent high standard that we provide on an intern. level:Quality customer service,cleanliness,free towels,free lockers, free sheets,24h reception and all this at an extremly affordable price Europe-wide.We are sorry to hear about your inconcenience and thank you for the tips! Your Wombat'sTeam

You should put a cigarette ash tray out side the front door even a piece if pipe that can screw the bottom off to collect the butts . other from that awesome service and awesome crew really enjoyed my stay at wombats. And always will :)

• 9th Apr 2015

Big hostel with everything you need for your trip to vienna. I would definitely return again.

Wombats City Hostel Vienna is the best hostel I've seen ever,and staff members were very nice.

• 8th Apr 2015