Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

It is a good hostel and it is very close to Westbahnhof which is one of the main metro lines in Vienna. So you can easily go anywhere from here. I had some issues while getting my train ticket to the other city. And wifi was not working properly. So it was very difficult situation for me. But the staff at reception helped me a lot. They arranged me a laptop which was working with an ethernet cable.So i got the ticket. I'd like to thank you to them for that. So it is a good hostel with its staff.

The staff had been very very friendly and courteous. Thanks a lot.

• 9th Sep 2015

This was a good hostel, the staff was friendly and helpful, its fairly close to the centre of the city and it had a good atmosphere.

The thing about wombats is you never know who your roommate will be.

overall great hostel! Very close to the train station but a bit of a walk from the main attractions

great hostel for money friendly staff

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Egypt

the qifi was rather weak and slow. but otherwise, the hostel was comfortable. Near to the Metro for convenience as well.

It is a well located hostel which is opposite to the metro.

Very pleasant, near the main train station in Vienna (Westbahnhof) and within walking distance from Schönbrunn Schloss. Other attractions are a bit far, but you can always take the metro. Worst thing? The bathroom had no hangers! As irrelevant as this sounds, it is a bummer to put your clothes on the wet floor.

Nice location (about 2 kms walk from Stephansplatz along a pedestrianized street) and 2 minutes from Westbahnhof. Staff were friendly and kitchen magnificent. Relaxed vibe and good place to meet people ... but not noisy, so you can always sleep when you want! Very secure as you need the keycard to open the door to the floor plus the door to the dorm ... and there is a locker in the room for your things. There is even a guitar and ukulele for travellers with itchy fingers!

I think we were unlucky with our room and experience. The room was the first room on the first floor so you got all the noise from the bar and people coming in and out throughout the night. It faces a main road which is VERY loud. The room felt dirty and dingy and the mattresses are all stained. Ultimately I wouldn't stay again and was very glad I was only there for 1 night as I would have had to move if I'd planned to be in Vienna any longer.

Hi there! We are sorry that you were not happy with your room. But we can ensure that we clean our rooms every day and very accurate. If you have some request or problems , please let our 24h reception staff know. We can solve almost any Problem, regarding your room, straight away. Anw we hope you enjoyed Vienna and wish you happy travels. Your Wombat's Team

Brilliant. Couldn't ask for more

About a 5 min tram ride from central train station. Has a cool little underground bar and a chilled common area. Pretty clean and the staff are cool. Would likely stay again. Only downside is that there's no air con. It was a sweat box in certain areas, especially the rooms.

The location is pretty good, but the beds and the drawers are a little bit too old.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there! We are happy you like our super location 2 min from Westbahnhof (trainstation) and 10 min from city center by metro. Regarding our furniture - our housekeeping staff check our beds and drawers continuously , if something is broken or old we try to change it straight away. Please next time, let us know if you have problems with it. Our 24h reception staff will help you immediately! We hope you enjoyed Vienna and wish you happy travels. Your Wombat's Team

As a solo traveller I wouldn't recommend this hostel. All the other travellers were in rather large groups or couples. I feel like there needs to be some kind of tour to bring people together. But the hostel was clean and I always had a warm shower. The breakfast in the morning was good and worth the price I think as you can have as much as you want. Some of the staff were really friendly and helpful too. Not a bad stay at all just wish it was a bit easier to meet people!

Clean and professional large hostel in Vienna. Not to much of a social seen happening although we were there at the start of a week.

I didn't enjoy this hostel very much because it was so big, it didn't give for a good atmosphere. The hostel is really good however, with a bar downstairs & a free walking tour etc.

Amazing hostel, with a great staff and a very good location on the shooping street Maria Hilfer Straße. The staff was very willing to help, the breakfast could have had some more warm meals, otherwise it was good. The lounge of the hostel was great for meeting new people.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Good hostel but naschmarket is better. Facilities good and staff helpful and friendly.

Nobody should be let in who snores!!! One night less sleep for us

• 30th Aug 2015