Wombats City Hostel Vienna - The Lounge Reviews

Mariahilfer Strasse 137, Vienna, Austria

Very good place, excellent crew, great bar! :)

What to say? It's the fourth time I slept here. It's an awesome hotel. Perfect location. Nothing better than arrive with the train, walk 50 meters and be home. Big rooms, really good beds, private bathroom. Little bit pricy but huge breakfast, nice staff. All facilities needed. One plug per bed, super wifi, towels for free. Great common and relaxing area. Will keep coming back.

Thank you to the helpful staff.

• 6th May 2014

Small bathroom, it's difficult to take a shower! Nice bar in the basement, with cheap beer and a nice vibe.

Breakfast is worth paying for in the morning. Good transport links and helpful, friendly staff. The area was a little bit dodgy though. Be careful at night.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. Located near train station, restaurants and Metro.

Excellent staff , they are really awesome !!! Everything were great !! They upgrade me to 6 bed dorm and I only pay 8 bed dorm price for my 1st two night .... For housekeeping part , I was staying here for 5 night , and I change two time room , 1st room was really clean and will do some cleaning , 2nd room I stay 3 night was didn't do any housekeeping at all ....

Everything is good and highly recommended if you stay in Vienna. I surely will stay there again next time.

Great location. The hostel was large, but had a nice common area. The staff was excellent, super helpful. The 6 bed all female room was spacious. I didn't see air conditioning, only one small fan, so I'm sure summer would be brutal. Great lockers, large enough for a suitcase and a bit extra. The directions to get there after arriving at Westbanhof were a bit confusing but it was super close once you figured it out.

I would like to have a Wombats in my area to work there :-)

• 3rd May 2014

Good location, bathroom in each room, big kitchen and eating area. A lot of information about what to do. Nice place to enjoy Wien.

In my room except mens were slepping two womens . I wasn't sure if it is normal situation.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Poland

one of the best hostels that i've ever been, i just think that the breakfast could be a little bit cheaper (but it's not a big deal) the staff are very friendly and nice

The staffs are friendly and helpful. The location quite strategic though not a short walking distance to major attractions and the down town. But very convenient and near to the train station, public transports that can go around. Airport shuttle just walking distance :) Room is clean. Will come back again

The hostel is very close to the train station. Very convenient for those traveling by train. From there, you can also take tram or metro to the attractions in Vienna. The room and public facilities are clean. We like the fact that they provide reading lights and power socket for each person. It's a considerably large and very systematic hostel, with rather good security.

Keycards make it almost 100% secure and you don't need them to use an elevator Get down to the bar at the evening, it's really nice in there!.

Very nice hostel, conveniently located a few blocks away from Wien westbahnhof. Bathroom ensuite, keycard secured lockers and bunk beds equipped with reading lights and sockets are great!

This "party" hostel was anything but…one of the most quiet and least party scenes of any hostel we stayed at. The price was a little more but we decided to pay it for the thought of a fun atmosphere and we were sorely disappointed. The staff was nice though.

Hey! I'm sorry, but we're not a so called Partyhostel - i don't know where you found that written ?! Yes, we have a bar and we sometimes have live concerts or DJ nights - but we're not a Partyhostel that's right :)! And sorry for the snorring roommate ;) All the best Kerstin

a very nice place! nearby the train station and easy to find out!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • China

Staff were all super friendly.