Wood Castle Reviews

8A/7G, W.E.A. Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

This is my second stay at this hostel, I stayed here a second time because I'm a solo woman traveling and this hostel is super secure and safe. The rooms are superb, they're clean, fresh and spacious. My personal favorite are their bathrooms; running hot water and great drainage so the water isn't leaking into the bedroom. The staff are outstanding too, always ever so helpful and friendly. I'd stay here again the next time going through Delhi.

Woodcastle is, without a doubt, one of the best hostels i've stayed in. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and the rooms are great. Among the best things are that they can arrange further travel in India and offer you a driver and such

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Clean hotel, located in a quiet neighborhood. The staff is very friendly, food is delicious and good wifi at reception floor. Only a couple of disadvantages: no wifi in rooms, no terras and located outside the city which makes it more difficult to reach the city center.

Had an optimal reception during the period in which I was staying at the Wood Castle. Optimal reception, exellent food, exellent cleaning. I recommend everyone to come to New Delhi. Easy access. Staff prepared to receive the best and make your stay in New Delhi a great trip.

• 10th May 2013

Place is great! Staff is very professorial! Rooms are western style and very clean. Meals are also great! This place is the best you could find in Delhi. Very cost effective! Only 2 minor issues: Internet is only at the lobby and window in my room was facing another building with no view (but they do have other rooms with better view)

• 6th May 2013
  • Israel

A wonderful stay! I had limited time in India, and at the end of my rtw trip I was very tired. So, when I turned up to woodcastle needing a plan, I was really happy when Hassan sorted the whole golden triangle trip for me. I didn't have to worry about a thing and could relax and enjoy a very memorable time in India. The hotel itself is great by the way. It was all pretty expensive compared to my usual prices, however for sheer convenience and the epicness of it all, every penny was wellspent! :)

Brillaint place to stay in Delhi the staff are so helpful its very clean and great value for money, would stay here again and would reccomend to anyone :)

• 15th Apr 2013

I recently stayed at wood castle, this was the first hotel we stayed at when we arrived in India and the hotel staff immediately helped us feel at ease and helped with any queries we had. They were very informative on the local area and so we ended up booking our trip to Agra with them. We also booked a driver for the three days we were there, his name was Kamal and we couldn't recommend him highly enough, 100% best driver in Delhi. We felt very safe with him and at wood castle. Stay here! X

• 15th Apr 2013

Very good place (by Indian standards) and more like a good hotel in Europe. Rooms are clean, with all the facilities you'd expect. Wifi is good but only in the reception area which serves as breakfast area as well. Breakfast is good. The location is very nice as well in a quiet alley. 10 min walk to the train station. I haven't met anyone at this place and the common area is not really predisposing of that. Other than that, an excellent base in New Delhi.

Great place to stay in Delhi! Very close to the subway (so you don't have to deal with the rickshaw drivers that are trying to take you to any travel agency). It is not so cheap as other options, but the facilities are way better than regular, very good rooms. They could improve the internet network by expanding the wifi to the rooms!

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, they have been very helpful with organising travel plans. The Aloo Prantha is to die for! We would highly recommend staying here. The rooms are beautiful, clean, spacious and homely. It's the perfect place to escape from the chaos of the big smoke. Javid is very lovely and always has a smile on his face and is more than happy to help. Two thumbs up!!!!!

Very nice place to stay, but a bit too expensive. Staff was great!

I was a bit upset by how the staff insisted on coming to us offering taxis to other cities in India repeatedly (and how I later found out it was so overpriced, sometimes 3 times more expensive than the ones we actually got). The room was O.K., with good heating, but internet only downstairs and average food. One good thing is that, in comparison to many rooms one can find in Delhi, this one was more quiet and silent.

Very friendly staff and excellent facilities. We are very impressed with the warm blanket in such a cold winter!

Having read previous reviews we were aware that the hotel staff could be pushy with selling tours and were prepared for it. We remained firm in our refusal and they remained friendly. Hotel has an amazing Indochinese restaurant nearby that the staff recommended - Gobi Manchurian was fantastic! Close by to the metro too. Other then tour selling, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Our room didn't have a window

Definitely will be the choice for our next time in Delhi. The rooms are super clean, it's decorated nicely, the staffs and the owner are very friendly and helpful. The bathroom facility is superb comparing to other hostels in India we've visited. They also helped us hiring a car for 1 day and 1trip to airport, the price is fair, saving us from endless haggling with rickshaw drivers. Great breakfast (included). Supermarket is just 5 mins by walk. Highly recommended!!!!

A really wonderful hostel, with incredible staff. They went out of their way to help us at all times.

Great place to stay. Clean and friendly.

I had booked only two nights in Delhi at New Castle than I would find out how to travel. I was very luck in my choice because I could not only enjoy my accommodation there but also found a Trip agency/advisor in site (www.visitindiatours.com) that could help me booking all the trip- driver/guide,hotels, trains. I would probably not see half of the places i've been without them. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helped me anytime. I would definitely stay there again.

Very freindly and helpful staff - ordering taxis, advice on what to see and where to go. Could have done with a map with the location of the hostel on it as some taxi drivers had great difficulty finding it. Wonderful showers. Very clean and tidy room with good facilities.

• 9th Nov 2012