Wood Castle Reviews

8A/7G, W.E.A. Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

For India we found this place to be very clean and friendly. The staff was very helpful and always made you feel at home. The Indian breakfast was delicious and well worth the Rupees. If you want an affordable tour of the city just ask them for a driver for the day that can take you to all the sights. They hired us a great driver that was almost like a tour guide and took us every where in Delhi that we wanted to see (no additional stores or coffee shops).

We travelled through India visiting Delhi, then Rajasthan on Royal Enfield Motorcycles with a support vehicle, Indian Driver and assistant. The hotels booked were a mixed standard between very basic shower and beds to 5 star western luxuries. Highlights of our trip were the Taj Mahal at dawn, Ranakpur Jain temples, Pushkar Camel fair, Udaipur Lake and palaces, Diwali fireworks in Delhi and Jaipur. Very welcoming hotel and staff, good food, highly recommended

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Scotland

We had a great stay at Wood Castle! We took advantage of the airport pickup service, and the driver took us to a money changer with a great exchange rate to help us out. Staff at the hostel went out of their way to help us and the room was great. : )

• 25th Oct 2013

Great hotel, superbly located in the quieter Karol Bagh residential area only 10mins walk to Metro and extensive Karol a Bagh bazaar. Hassan and the staff were extremely hospitable and most informative in helping us plan our car

Amazing stay. Extremely clean and well kept. Great bargain for the price. The beds are comfortable, there is free bottled water, slippers, cable TV with quite a lot of channels. Wifi in downstairs main area is fast and free. Best part is the extremely welcoming and helpful staff. They provided whiskey and snacks while we sat and talked to other travelers. Also - Delhi is scammer central, and the staff provided personal cell numbers in case we had any issues or questions. Stay here!

• 20th Sep 2013

We came to stay in Wood castle for 4 days and we found it as correct place which is exactly serving our needs and it is accessible to Metro which is 10 min walk. Staff is very cooperative and helpful and food is good.i reccomend this place and also looking forward to choose this place for my next visit

• 8th Sep 2013
  • India

An oasis in a budget hotel area, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel can be difficult to find but if you use the car arranged by the hotel this will help. The room was well appointed and we will definitely be back.

• 6th Sep 2013

I felt like family after leaving. Thanks for going the extra mile (or should I say kilometer?).

Thank you very much for the lovely stay, we had so much fun. it is a very beautiful, clean hotel with a nice staff. The staff always had good hints and have been very helpful and caring! So thank you very much!

• 2nd Aug 2013

The hostel staff were friendly and professional, and the place had a nice relaxed atmosphere and very comfortable rooms. A few hours after we arrived, we asked them for help planning a trip around Rajasthan, and they straight away planned a great trip for us with a personal driver for a very reasonable price. We are currently nearing the end of the tour and it has been a great experience. Many thanks.

Fantastic service, incredibly friendly and welcoming staff who made our first few days in India memorable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. As two lone female travellers we also felt very safe. We have returned for our last night in Delhi as we enjoyed the hotel so much and were greeted back as family! Definitely would recommend to all.

• 12th Jul 2013

Wood Castle is a sanctuary from the dust and dirt of New Delhi with free internet and in a suburb free from the intense hassle of other areas of New Delhi. Would advise to email ahead though if you expect the twin bed rooms to be made into separate beds as ours was simply a double.

Obviously it is difficult to relax and have an enjoyable time in Delhi if you stay at this hostel. As soon as we arrived we were spun a sales pitch to basically plan out our whole Indian trip for a ridiculous cost. The staff try and sell you things on a daily basis and are pretty slimy about the way they do it. It was hard to trust anyone and we ended up searching for other travelers to help us instead of asking the staff. The hotel is generally nice aesthetically but not a friendly place at all

• 7th Jul 2013

It was a wonderful experience. Although we had some trouble finding wood castle but after that it was a wonderful experience. Staff was courteous and very understanding. They were prompt in their response. It is a value for money hotel. Clean and hygienic. and best of all i enjoyed my stay. Will again stay at wood castle which is near to new delhi railway station whenever i visit delhi again.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • India

This is my second stay at this hostel, I stayed here a second time because I'm a solo woman traveling and this hostel is super secure and safe. The rooms are superb, they're clean, fresh and spacious. My personal favorite are their bathrooms; running hot water and great drainage so the water isn't leaking into the bedroom. The staff are outstanding too, always ever so helpful and friendly. I'd stay here again the next time going through Delhi.

Woodcastle is, without a doubt, one of the best hostels i've stayed in. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and the rooms are great. Among the best things are that they can arrange further travel in India and offer you a driver and such

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Clean hotel, located in a quiet neighborhood. The staff is very friendly, food is delicious and good wifi at reception floor. Only a couple of disadvantages: no wifi in rooms, no terras and located outside the city which makes it more difficult to reach the city center.

Had an optimal reception during the period in which I was staying at the Wood Castle. Optimal reception, exellent food, exellent cleaning. I recommend everyone to come to New Delhi. Easy access. Staff prepared to receive the best and make your stay in New Delhi a great trip.

• 10th May 2013

Place is great! Staff is very professorial! Rooms are western style and very clean. Meals are also great! This place is the best you could find in Delhi. Very cost effective! Only 2 minor issues: Internet is only at the lobby and window in my room was facing another building with no view (but they do have other rooms with better view)

• 6th May 2013
  • Israel

A wonderful stay! I had limited time in India, and at the end of my rtw trip I was very tired. So, when I turned up to woodcastle needing a plan, I was really happy when Hassan sorted the whole golden triangle trip for me. I didn't have to worry about a thing and could relax and enjoy a very memorable time in India. The hotel itself is great by the way. It was all pretty expensive compared to my usual prices, however for sheer convenience and the epicness of it all, every penny was wellspent! :)