Wood Green Hall Reviews

Station Road, London, England

I've experienced lots of embarrasing events on Wood Green Hall. I paid for the promise that it's a private residence divided for men and women, and therefore provides serious services to reach it. I cannot accept all sort of MEN (including a security man circulating at 10pm in our bathroom!) inside our area, looking at us, talking loudly, and even more revolting, GETTING INTO my room, even when I'm inside! I was not informed about a "reform" ongoing and I did NOT pay waiting such circumstances.

None of their showers worked in the whole building apart from one in the female-only toilets I discovered on the ground floor. Lift wasn't working as sewage had leaked into it somehow. Didn't make the stairwell smell terrible but didnt smell right. Rooms are plain, but it's a single bed for quite cheap so you get what you pay for.

Reasonable place, if a bit institutional. Lots of students and short term renters stay there. Did have an issue with an extremely drunk loud and racist guy, who we had to calm down. Other tenants/visitors were quite lovely. Rooms are small, but WiFi was excellent.

I stayed here in order to be based nearer to work for a training week - the location was ideal for me getting to into central London, being less than 2 mins from the tube station. Overall, the room and showers were relatively clean and were of a standard that I would expect for the price, however the shared toilets were well below acceptable; they weren't clean, half the toilets on my floor were clogged the whole time I was there and there seemed to always be water leaking on the floor.

• 15th Jun 2014

Having a private room is nice, and I was satisfied with my time there overall. The kitchens leave something to be desired, having little in the way of cooking implements. Otherwise decently clean and in good shape.

Showers out of order, eventually found a shower which wasnt out of order but im afraid it was not clean but overall reasonable for the money. Single room was clean and reasonable.

• 13th May 2014

Nice having your own room, even if it looks like a bit of a prison. Nice and clean, had a desk and shelves, bed was comfy. Great facilities, showers, kitchen and chill out area. Would stay again

The toilets and showers were very dirty. The women's showers were not working and all bathrooms were not looked after (broken showers, dirty toilets, dirty floor).

Single bedrooms located in a student housing complex. During my 3 nights there every night there was someone playing extremely loud music until around 11-12pm. Shared toilets werent totally clean. Showers were clean. 30 minutes to Victoria Station (around the center) by tube. When I was there a strike was going on so it took me 90 minutes instead by bus and tube.

• 28th Apr 2014