Woodah Hostel Reviews

Abel Catherine's Gade 1-3, Copenhagen, Denmark

No left luggage room is a problem. The yoga in the morning is a great idea but the noise from that room floods straight into the dorm and means people can't sleep. Little to no atmosphere going on here either. Though location was decent being only a few minutes from the Central station although the area is the red lift district so not exactly safe. The free breakfast was nice but the staff seemed less than pleased to add a new tea bag to the pot once fresh water was added.

Ideally located next to central station if you're travelling early but bit of a seedy area if you're heading out late. Not right hostel for partiers anyway. Atmosphere very chilled! Mixed dorms of 12 w/ bunks built into wall w/ lockers beneath & curtains for privacy & light. Breakfast was included too - lovely muesli, homemade rolls, choice of jam & surprisingly good coffee for a hostel. Bed linen also included. Only two showers for hostel & two bathrooms but wasn't a queue when I was there

Great place, fun people and it offers a breakfast. I liked it a lot :)

I loved this place! The staff was great :) A group of us attended the midsummers eve festival with a few staff members and it was a blast! The atmosphere and rooms are great and nice and private! Would definitely stay there again!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is smaller and more intimate hostel where the experience you have is highly dependant on fellow guests. For example, at the time of our stay, there were surprisingly quite a few older people who never seemed to leave the common area which is already quite small. The common area is the lounge, a café and the hallway to get to the dimly lit washroom all in one. Rooms are clean and well decorated and the enclosed beds are a nice for add. privacy. More activities wud b nice. Bring a lock.

We loved the atmosphere at Woodah Hostel! It was fun, easygoing and clean. I would recommend it!

Not the greatest showers/bathrooms, but the hostel itself has a great environment. Kind of a far walk from anything worth seeing and not in a great location, but close to the train station.

really cute safe little hostel wonderfully located by the central station with really friendly staff and a warm yogi environment. nice lockers with free locks and free breakfast in the mornings is also a huge plus. downsides: guests are not allowed access to the kitchen, you have to walk through the common room (which is also the lobby) to get to the bathroom, and there are only two showers. had a great time and would stay there again

Dear Woodah Hostel, Your breakfast cheese tastes oddly of vegemite, which reminded us of home. If you don't believe us, have Princess Mary check. We saw her in a Land Rover yesterday. True story. I think... Thanks for a truly hyggelig stay!

The two dorm rooms are nicely laid out: curtains, reading light, power port and lockable drawer for each bed. The place is kept spotless, showers and toilets were good and very clean and staff was very welcoming. The key deposit of DKK100 to get in after hours is a bit impractical; would be nice to be able to deposit/get back other currencies (or you're stuck with DKK100 on the way out). There is no kitchen and the rather small (but very good!) breakfast doesn't quite make up for that.

Instead a bed, I think we should really call it a "hole." I needed to use a stool to reach my bed because it was so high and there was no ladder. And one morning, I woke up found that the stool I used to get in was taken away. I spend quite a while to get down. The staff was nice and helpful. Security was only okay because the staff left by 10pm and there were people who weren't travelers hanging out at the common area.

The people were very friendly and the hostel was clean and cozy. The beds were ok, only the top bunks were a bit tricky to get into (even for top bunks).

• 19th May 2014

It is a very good hostel, nearby the city centre. The breakfast is really good!!!

• 14th May 2014
  • Portugal

Pros - location, decor, atmosphere, friendly staff, free vegetarian breakfast, yoga classes, book exchange, lockers, reading lights, comfortable beds, free wifi Cons - no kitchen, wifi temperamental

I had a very enjoyable stay at Woodah, only 5 minutes walk from Copenhagen main station. The hostel is small, but it is clean and I really liked the cozy feel and the atmosphere there. A small but delicious and healthy breakfast is included in the price. It is also a cafe during the day and serves (organic) food. I loved the hot chocolate there! It was perfectly warm, milky and not overly sweet. Would definitely stay here again if I come back.

Great hostel breakfast, great facilities. Weird security though, you have to put a deposit on a key if you want to leave after ten pm. Otherwise you get no key or anything. Beds are a bit odd. On that note, I still maintain it was one of the best hostels I've ever been to-Cute, comfortable, every bed had its own charger, wifi worked well, free yoga, best location for the best beer in Copenhagen (Mikkeller bar is across the street).

Love the little living room and bar. The bed is interesting. Having a yoga class in the morning is certainly cool as well. A bit far way from center, but makes no problems.

I've been in three different hostels in Copenhagen and this one was definitely the best! Loved the detail of the flat iron.

Security system is terrible - staff is going out for the night and nobody is security guard. I was robbed from my room - Stranger from the street The took my wallet out of the room with money and documents. The same night two others person from opposed room were robbed.

Very nice and cozy hostel with nice staff. Perfect for a calm and cozy stay .