Woodah Hostel Reviews

Abel Catherine's Gade 1-3, Copenhagen, Denmark

Overall ok, but only 2 loos and 2 showers for 26 people, kind of stinky. The bunk beds have no handrail for climbing so its a little inconvenient for the people on the top bunk. The breakfast is good. The hostesses are lukewarm. India, Female 25.

Great place, but few showers and restrooms - sometimes gets too busy. The fact that yoga class is only on if 3 guests sign uo should be more clear when booking.

This hostel was just what we were looking for. It has a cosy, chilled out vibe and was a good deal for an expensive city like Copenhagen. The breakfast was super tasty and the staff we extremely friendly and helpful. This isn't a huge party hostel but a small and cosy place to stay for people looking for a comfortable, environmentally conscious bed in Copenhagen :)

Cute concept but the only bathrooms were in the common area which was odd and it's a very sleepy hostel.

great place to go to. loved the ambience and the settings.

A very quirky little hostel, you should have an open mind when you come. It's no Meininger or YMCA, and the facilities aren't world class, but it makes up for that by having a soul. Having a little curtain for my bed was probably my favourite part, reminded me of making bed-forts when I was a kid. Not too far from the train station, but a fair walk from the city centre. Still bummed I didn't get to take part in the morning yoga!

Loved this hostel. Very homie and relaxed vibe. The staff was incredibly helpful, especially Anna. The neighborhood is the perfect walking distance from about anything you would desire to see; it is also very safe, felt totally comfortable walking alone at midnight. They have a great vegetarian breakfast as well! Bed are comfy and the privacy factor on the bed is an added plus. Beware of key deposit (5dkk,5euros, etc): only if you plan to comeback to the hostel after 10pm. Great place overall!!

Noncomplaints place was fantastic great staff, will use next time I visit without question

Thanks, I really liked the eclectic design and homy feeling. The staff were kind and helpful and the yoga classes in the morning felt really good :) I definitely recommend staying at Woodah

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Israel

Homely atmosphere , buns for n very good staff. Quite far from n very near to the red-light area.

Dity room(number 3), innatentive staff and lack of interest in sorting the guests problems. Flooded and hairy showers. Really bad maintenance of the place

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Spain

This was my first hostel experience and an amazing one to say the very least. The staff was exceptionally warm and welcoming and the hostel is within walking distance to central station. Highly recommended for those visiting Copenhagen for the first time!

• 15th Sep 2015

Great location - 10 minutes from the central train station and close to bars and shopping. It is very close to the red light district however, so prepare to see prostitutes nearby. Nevertheless, it felt very safe. I barely saw the staff, who were decently friendly. Mostly Americans and some older (50+) staying here. Breakfast is weak and coffee/tea is not available after 10am. Towels cost 25 DKK ($3- 4) and you must pay a 100 DKK deposit for a key to access the hostel after 10pm

Everything great except the showers could use a bit of work. One had a broken hot water tap the day I left and the other didn't have a wall mount to hold it up so you had to use your hand. Also Thursday morning the showers smelt really really really bad...

NOT a party hostel, a chilled atmosphere in the cafe playing cool music. Location and staff were great. Loved the man cave idea for bunk beds. Didnt care for the breakfast at all. Serious spatial layout confuguration though. Toilets and basins were separated from the showers by the cafe where you have breakfast at. I would suggest the addition of a large communal table in the cafe. The current layout dont seem to foster any interaction and people seemed to keep to themselves. Good hostel still.

The place is decorative but too crowded. The staff is not really friendly especially to Asian tourists. It is disappointed that Danish is not really welcoming as the expectation from other peple said. The Danish girl who is the staff never smile to me even when I asked something politely. The feeling was very unpleasant!!

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

I had the best time at this hostel! I felt so at home at Woodah; it was great. The staff was wonderful and so friendly; they make you feel welcome and comfortable. The yoga class in the mornings was a great plus, definitely take it at least once. The hostel is quite cozy, with only two toilets, two showers and two dorm rooms. My only complaint were the "ladders" to get to the top bunks. A bit difficult, but you get the hang of it eventually. Overall awesome experience!

Even sleeping past the scheduled yoga class the staff allowed us to have our own practice, breakfast, clean area, nice and private beds. Great place!

Everything was super clean, the staff were very friendly, and all overall atmosphere of the hostel is quiet and so respectful. The yoga in the morning was a huge plus and a wonderful way to start the day. The breakfast was also awesome and just enough. We will definitely come back to Woodah on future Copenhagen trips.

Very barebones hostel. Small uncomfortable beds inside of cubbies. Fairly friendly staff and decent beer selections in the main area. My big concern is that they charge more than they are supposed to. The cost of my stay was €32. After the 12% deposit I only owed €28, but they insisted on me paying the full €32 and wouldn't budge even after showing them my booking confirmation. This suggests to me that they are making guests pay the deposit twice to make up for their lost profits to WRI.

We apologise for late reply. Please let us explain that we never charge anyone for their deposit, as our system automatically deducts the deposit. If you are basing your information on our cash register receipt (in euros) it may be caused due to its wrong currency converter (built-in), which shows the price in euros as if 1€=7.0 DKK, while it,s around 7.5. We use the current currency exchange rate and the price given in DKK is the proper one. We will happily explain further details via email.