Woodduck Backpackers Reviews

390 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia

Squeaky beds so annoying. Old building. Very average for the price.

"Don't go in the girls bathroom. You'll have to leve the hostel without a refund." "Don't go out on the balcony. You'll have to leave the hostel without a refund." "Do your dishes, othervise you have to pay 20 aud. Or leave the hostel without a refund." "Don't bring people from outside. You'll have to pay 150 aud fine." I've never been to a hostel with so many rules. Good and big rooms thou.

The hostel is alright, but noting special. But guys if you close the reception earlier you should tell people who want to check out...

stayed for 1 night and it was fine. It is a few blocks from the train station.

booked twin room within a 8er dorm room!! beds in all rooms years old and very loud, you hear turning the people everytime, no good sleeping kitchen/eating area not welcoming, but clean conclusion: there are a lot more interesting hostels just next door, money/value not that good

Thanks for your review but I would like to question some of your points. Your room was private with shared access so I am unclear on your point. Our common area is a very popular area for both eating and hanging out and is always full of people socializing with fellow travelers. All of our beds are less than 3 years old however unfortunately due to how some guests treat them, some have developed a creak. We are looking at having these replaced. Private room $70 you will not find better value

An okay hostel near the city centre. The beds were so squeaky that even a small movement made a horrible sound. The showers were bad. The staff was very friendly!

Thank for your review. it is good to see that you enjoyed most of our hostel, especially the staff and atmosphere. We do try hard to deliver a warm welcome. Some of our beds have unfortunately developed a small squeak due to misuse by some of our guests and we hope to have them replaced very soon. Showers bad? Would have been good for some more constructive feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels and thanks again from everyone at the Duck!

This is a really nice little hostel - I ended up extending my stay as a few days didn't feel like enough. The staff were great and really helpful and the people staying there really made it. If I'm ever back in Brisbane this is definitely where I'll stay.

Hey thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back one day soon. Everyone here at the Duck wishes you a safe and fun packed onward adventure!

Friendly staff, Pretty clean, the place looked like it had been recently renovated too. Would stay again.

A hostel with a friendly atmosphere and a very convenient location both to Brisbane CBD and to Southbank

Not a bad hostel, near to a big supermarket and a short walk from the city. My only issue was the noise level, so if you dont mind not sleeping till the early hours (even with earplugs I could still hear everyone) then its a nice place

Free breakfast with coffee, toast and cereal/muesli is very good - well equipped kitchen as well. The staff is very friendly and funny. I was located next to the entrance area and could hear people at night. Still I managed to sleep very well.

Decent hostel, not the nicest but it was the people staying there that made it fun. Close by the Roma station and a quick walk to the library, downtown and south bank. You have to pay extra for internet which I didn't like. The beds were also extremely squeaky.

Everything is generally ok. Nice local indie bar next to the hostel. It takes about 15 to 20mins to walk to mall area, bar area etc. Fairly near the train station. Would have appreciated if the staff didnt put my shoes and luggage on my bed during the cleaning!! They could have moved around abit. Else, pleasant experience.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Nice little hostel with a very good location! Really helpful and friendly staff. Common room, kitchen bathrooms and the dorms were alright, I can't complain! ;-) The only thing that was a bit annoying were the creaky bunkbeds - I felt like waking everyone up when I was turning in my bed. But oh well, apart from that - good hostel!

I really liked this hostel. It's nice, clean and it's not too big. The only thing is that there are too many people on long term stays, it'd be nicer if there were more real backpackers.

Decent hostel. Big spacious bedroom. However terrible mattress, bent in middle and no support. Very noisy creaky bunk beds. Bathroom good size but not the cleanest. Good common area with large dining table and sofas. Lots of warning signs telling you how to behave or they'll keep your key deposit.

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately we do have a couple of beds that are due for replacement very soon. We do have signs up in the kitchen about key deposits as we try to ensure that guests actually clean up after themselves to benefit all other guests. Our bathrooms are cleaned at least 4 times a day however during busy hours, it is difficult to maintain the levels we aim for. Enjoy the rest of your travels mate.

Very nice and friendly staff, wooden floor in the rooms!! wohoo!

Ha ha happy you liked our wooden floors. Thank you for your review, enjoy the rest of your travels!

Beds were really old and my bunk had a massive dip in the middle with sellotape wrapped around the bed to seemingly keep it together. Nice staff, good location. Kitchen very small for the amount of people using it.

Many thanks for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our beds are a maximum of 3 years old and it is the nature of metal beds to squeak over a period of time. We are in the process of having your bed replaced though due to the base being broken by a guest. As an 80 bed hostel we do offer suitable capability for guests to cook, however our kitchen is small during peak hours as is the norm with the majority of hostels.

Good hostel. But since everything has timber floor, you can hear everything...

Many thanks for taking the time for your awesome review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Many people love the wooden floors as it gives a sense of being a home rather than a dorm. Enjoy the rest of your travels mate!!!

I stayed at this hostel for 8 days ...i really enjoyed there..i have just positive comments for that hostel..For that money it is really worth it. .