Woodduck Backpackers Reviews

390 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

The kitchen was pretty small but the rooms were spacious, an average place

Nice staff, huuuge rooms (8bed female dorm), nice kitchen area. A coles supermarket close to the hostel. Can highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Apr 2014

Hey many thanks for your kind words we really appreciate them. Enjoy the rest of your travels and hopefully we see you again some day.

Nice little hostel, everything good, and nice social life.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels.

I was only here one night but I would've liked to have stayed longer. Very nice, homey hostel & the girl who checked me in was just like the friendliest person ever. I stayed at the Woodduck in Sydney & was not at all a fan so kudos for being the best!

Had a very short stay, the hostel was clean, staff professional and helpful rather than friendly and the hosyel is in a good location. However, our reservation got mixed up -instead of a ensuite private room we had to stay in a room for 2 with one bunk bed. Although, the hostel tried to "make up" for it by giving us 24 hours free wifi (that we could only use on our phones) the price difference was still more important...

Hi Guys The room you stayed in was a private en suite room whereas the room you booked was not so the price difference was non existent, in fact it did leave us slightly out of pocket. We are pleased that you enjoyed the your stay none the less.

Clean, sociable, comfortable beds. A couple of things though, only TWO plugs in a room for 6 people?? Quite ridiculous. Fan in room was also basically non existent on full blast, not good when it's damn hot. Hostel was very clean but the cleaners annoyed everyone in my room by hoovering at 9am and putting everything on everyone's bed when they deep cleaned the room. Fair enough you have to clean but my case has wheels which I've trailed round Australia and I don't want to sleep on that mud!

Many thanks for your great review. I just wanted to pick up on a couple of your points however. We do not enter the rooms until 10am to clean ever. Also the room you stayed in actually has 4 power sockets. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels mate!

Brilliant stay, THANKS CHRIS!! MWAH!! X

• 15th Jan 2014

Thanks for your review - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you enjoy your travels up the coast and make sure you come and see us when you travel back down!

only stayed one night but had a good time and will stay next time have a night stay in Brisbane

• 22nd Dec 2013

Good location. Room was clean enough. The kitchen should be condemned.

Place needs some serious maintenance and cleaning (Rooms are thoroughly cleaned once a week? are you serious?). Bed linen was torn. Facilities are quite poor. No airconditioning. Wifi $5 a day, but works only in some specific places. Didn't like my stay.

• 7th Dec 2013

Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned at least once a day every day of the week. In addition each room receives a deep clean once a week when everything is removed to ensure cleanliness. I guess you are confused by the sign notifying guests of this! Linen was torn? Are you serious? If this was the case why not come to reception?! We do not advertise air conditioning so pay extra and stay somewhere that does! Our WiFi is currently under repair and you would have been told this before purchasing.

The hostel itself was nice, but the staff could use some training. The man at the reception was quite rude when I checked in and out. He was chaotic and checking in took a while. Then the next day when I checked out, he made me walk back upstairs, because I only brough my pillow case and not my pillow. Saying that it was my fault and he always tells that to his guests. Pretty sure he didn't. The hostel is quite far from the centre and the internet doesn't work well. Better at the YHA next door.

It is the worst hostel in Australia. It is as expensive as the other hostel nearby but it has no pool. The kitchen is made with very dirty plastic furnitures and the table is from a dump. It looks like they put a lot of imagination to create such a horrible place.

It is unfortunate you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our prices are cheaper than the ones with pools to reflect our product. Our living area is very popular with guests for socializing and we have never had any complaints about this in the past. Plus it is a shame you failed to mention the brand new leather sofas in your critique . As you only stayed one night I can only assume you did not experience what the Woodduck is about; small friendly, value hostel and easy to meet new people.

It isn't very clean. Our food and beers (with label) desappear from the fridge.

Large common rooms. 15 minutes walk to city-center. Kitchen clean and big.

Stayed here for just over a week and would definitely stay again. The rooms are spacious, clean - with lovely wooden floors; and there are plenty of power points! Beds are also comfy. Staff are super nice and willing to help out if needed. There are also a lot of long termers staying there which is nice to see. One negative - the showers are good pressure but the lack of a shower curtain means your things can get pretty wet.