Woodduck Boomerang Backpackers Reviews

141 William street, Sydney NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia

The hostel itself was fine, with very good security and location. I was greeted by a young man who asked me to leave because I am over 40. He told me I wouldn't like it there and basically didn't want any complaints. I had none, other than him and the day time receptionist. The girl looked like she hated her job and never said hi or greeted me, so I stopped saying hi. This was a case of serious age discrimination, and I don't take a liking to it. Never happened to me before!

The hostel was nice, but some of the doors slam so loudly that it will wake you up. The bathrooms were always clean. The free breakfast and coffee was nice (toast, peanut butter, jam, cereal, milk). I'm so glad the dorms had fans in them, since room 6 is small, and body heat accumulates so rapidly. Too bad you don't offer ear plugs. Some of the residents can be quite loud on a regular basis. This is a nice mix of working hostel/backpacker hostel. Close to attractions. Walked to Opera House.

The hostel was cheap for Sydney standards and conveniently located. The rooms, shared bathroom and beds were clean. Things to improve: The shower temperature keeps changing, free breakfast was cornflakes without milk and there is no free wifi within the hostel.