Woodstock Essaouira Hostel Reviews

24 rue Ellebbana, Essaouira, Morocco

Terrible facilities, unclean beds, unfriendly staff... overall a very negative experience!

Absolutely amazing, loved it!! Such a nice atmosphere and lovely staff. There were no rooms available but they let us sleep on the roof for cheap :) will be back!

Stayed here during the Gnaoua festival. It was immediately clear that the prices were tripled during this time. We stayed in a private room the first night with very dirty bathroom facilities to use and no lock on the door. The second night we were told we would be found a room and by 9pm they managed to put us in a 5 mattress room in which a cat was in one of our beds and were asked to pay 20 dirham more the next day. The staff seemed flustered the entire time. Would not recommend.

Great location! Clean and well maintained property and free wifi- great stay!

• 13th Jun 2014

i would have rated this hostel higher because in general our stay was pleasant, however i got bitten by bed bugs and others in the hostel had the same experience. for this reason i would not recommend this hostel.

For sure the Best Place for Backpackers to stay in Esasouira. The staff is really helpful and the place is great to chill and have lovely people around you...

• 12th May 2014

I would NOT recommend this place if you want a good night sleep, clean bed, working shower and friendly staff. The place had a bad vide and to top it off we couldn't get wifi in our room.

• 14th Apr 2014

Hostel staff tried to offer my friend camels for me while I was in the shower.

• 11th Apr 2014

The owner manager is a little greedy. Staff is nice in general! Specially all the travelers staff who doesnt have this mentality of being nice and expecting something in return. The hostel might be cheap but you must pay for breakfast, tea, coffee and anything else which is totally different in other hostels. Also, there was always a lack of toilet papers which was annoying at some point. In overall, despite these little things, the hostel is chill

I was sceptical about staying here after reading past reviews... But I must say the hosts couldn't do enough to get us to relax, enjoy the vibe and feel at home. We did ask to change rooms once we decided to stay an extra couple of nights, only due to it being a bit cold. He moved us upstairs and we were very happy. I think that when you are paying £7 each to have a double room you can only demand so much!! But here I felt like a queen breakfast on the terrace for £1 who can complained

great place ,loacted in the heart of medina only a few minutes walking to the beach and close to the main attractions .the commual area is large where you can hang out with a other travellers .the staff are really accomondation and always ready to help with any inquiries .the breakfast is tasty in the roof top terrace .would recomond it to everyone

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

DON'T GO TO THIS RIAD. The reservation is a joke. When we arrived we were brought to another Riad , which belongs to the same owner (they told us): Riad atlantic ... I would also give a very bad rating! Staff was rude, rooms dirty,... In my opinion the staff of hostel woodstock and hostel atlantic is one big mafia! They put good paying guest in a very bad cheap place,CARFUL WITH THE STAFF.

They have a second hostel called Atlantic which is next door. If Woodstock happens to be full, you might get a room next door which is less nice. There dorms and double privates. The toilet was often running out of paper and it wasn't clean a all but again, the staff was great.

I'd go there again just for the staff (Abdul is epic)They're very relaxed and they might forget to charge you or to ask for your keys back.They also might be sleeping when you come to check out.The breakfast for 20dh is fair but it will cost you 30mins.It has a very hippie atmosphere dirty painted walls, Cleanning is ok.Wifi is ok.No lockers.There is dinner for 30dh.Excellent location right in front of the chaos where you can get cheap food and whatever you need. A backpackers spot!

The vibe at Woodstock Essaouira Hostel is amazing.I stayed there for a week ago and was treated like family by the owners and the staff. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home, offering tea, arranging nights out, and sitting around smoking together. The upstairs terrace is perfect at night for a view of the city and a cool place to relax and meet other travelers. I would definitely recommed Hostel Woodstock Essaouira Hostel.thx

• 13th Dec 2013

Friendly and hospitable atmosphere, great place to meet with other travellers. Rooms & bathrooms spacious and clean plus a handy fridge to store food in was a bonus, nice breakfeas affordable community Nice roof terrace with panoramic views over the town, downstairs eating area was comfortable and a good size for mingling with a groups of friends. chalek and rach were, welcoming, warm and attentive members of staff who helped made the stay memorable. Loved Essaouria and would stay here again

• 13th Dec 2013

I stayed at WOODSTOCK Hostel i had great time there I felt like home. Very helpful Staff they always smiling & ready to help.the Hostel is in general good & clean, Wifi is working fine.The decoration is so nice as all the guest can participate with somthing, and also the location is great just in the heart of medina, i recomond Woodstock essaouira hostel For people who want to met other travellers and live a real morrocan experience it was an amazing experience i really recommend this place!

The only issue I had was the toilet roll ran out all the time!!! But that's it!! Thank you for a great stay! And I will be back!!!

• 23rd Nov 2013

I had a great time at this hostel- such a nice laid back atmosphere and definitely a place you can relax and just hang out in. There is also a beautiful terrace as well. (Perfect for shisha!!) The rooms were awesome (especially the private one!) and bathrooms were clean. Rashid is also the best hostel host ever... In fact all the staff were incredibly friendly and always helped you with anything. I can't wait to get back.

It was PERFECT, good atmospher, clean and attentive staff!! We had good meetings and good time!