Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

Very welcoming staff, would recommend highly

Pretty good hostel. I only stayed there for two nights, so I don't have too much to say about it.

Good location, inexpensive. Very friendly and helpful staff, feels very safe with key card entry and free breakfast is good. However free breakfast is only 730-930 which is a little early for me and they require you to leave your room completely from 1100-1400 for cleaning, pretty inconvenient. The walls are paper thin and the rooms are small. The showed are timer operated, to take a decent shower you have to push the button about 15 times.

The best hostel to stay in in Paris! It was really cheap, staff is very friendly and helpful! There were no lockers in the room, but there were on the reception, very safe and easy to use. Shower and toilet were on the floor, there were no queues. The only thing I didn't like is rosettes, which are not near the bed, so you can't charge your device safely. But I definitely return there!

Loved the decor! Good location, short walk away from Sacre Coer. Nice sized rooms, the shoower rooms were very small and cramped,, but breakfast was good.

Well positioned and nice hostel with a good atmosphere but there were no security boxes for the bag, just one toilette for each floor and the sink wasn't in the toilette but in the room (!!!). Finally, the kitchen was so small that it is outrageous.

Very good for the money. One member of staff on the night shift was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to go etc. room was clean and comfortable size for ten. AMAZING shower. Perfect for what a traveller needs. Breakfast was good as well.

• 26th Mar 2015

Nothing terribly wrong with this place but nothing great either. You get what you pay for. Easy to get to from zob and central train station. In a seedy area. We arrived early morning and caught a pick pocket unzipping bf bag right outside front door. Wifi good (in bottom floor rooms). Management of very noisy guests could be better. The only seats they have in kitchen/ common room are stools. Very uncomfortable. No outside alcohol policy.

it was a value for money and maybe something more!! the staff was very helpfull with everything! also the breakfast it was quite good. a good choice especially if the only thing you want is just a place to leave your things, take a bath and sleep, like us!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Greece

My roommates were kind of annoying - Not friendly, talking into the wee hours of the morning, unplugging my electronics (there were plenty for everyone), leaving the door unlocked... Bad luck, I guess. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was enough. Loved the sweet cat in the lobby (could use a haircut, though). Everything was very basic, but I had everything I needed and there wasn't too much competition for the shower, etc. Good for a short trip, close to the metro. Would stay again.

• 16th Feb 2015

Very nice place, good atmosphere, clean. Location also very good, near Montmarte and close to the metro station. The only thing I didn't like was that they finish the breakfast even if you are eating, and almost get the meal out of your hands.

• 13th Feb 2015

The breakfast finish too earlier, would be good if it goes until 10 a.m.

• 13th Feb 2015

Dear Ana In order to satisfy our early check out we decided to provide this time however thanx for your feed back

There are only a few power outlets for the whole room. The shower is ok, it takes a bit to get hot water so you have to push a few times the tap to get the hot water. Wifi is good and so the kitchen. Staff are very friendly and breakfast is simple but good. They have only free lockers on the reception and they are quite small and the luggage room is always open not very safe. If I come back to Paris I will stay here once again, its cheap and good.

Dear Herculys Thanx for your feed back we did had more safe box at the back office We are hping to see you see soon among us

The beds were clean but the bathrooms were dirty (the floor was full of hair and always wet). There is only one bathroom on each floor (we were 6 in my room), and there were 3 other rooms; they should clean it constantly. The beds are not confortable, when someone moves in the bunk you feel it. The room was very small for so many people (no room for the bags) and the lockers were outside. People eat in the rooms, awful smell in a closed room. If you are allergic, they have a cat...

We are deeply sorry about the experience at Woodstock We do not allow food or alcolic beverage in the rooms but unfortunatly not every one respect the rules and we do understand your point of your The toilets are showers are cleaned several times a day but once again we can not do anything for the bad habits of some of our guest

I enyojed my stay here and would recommend it for sure. Staff is helpful breakfast is enough.There is quiet place good for rest but not a social hostel at all. Location really good 5 min to walk to metro. Lockers in lobby and really small. I can use here again.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Staff are really helpfull ans they would help if they can. Location is not that good. Toilets and bathrooms are shared but clean. Good for short stay but not for long period.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

It was in a good location. Its not a good place to go as a solo traveller. The lounge was very uncozy, not a good place to hang out or meet people. Luckily on both nights I managed to make friends with my dorm room mates and we smuggled beers in for a dorm party.

It was my second time in this hostel, and I'd definitely come back for a third time. There are some minor details here and there (and the showers are a bit weird), but the courtesy of the staff and the great breakfast make up for it.

Great, we will come back.

• 29th Dec 2014

We really enjoyed out stay at Woodstock. The staff is incredibly friendly and the people were really nice. The sheets weren't really clean, but apart from that we had an amazing time there!

• 28th Dec 2014