Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

1909 Total Reviews

Good price for Paris and for the quality of the Hostel. Light breakfast included. Easily reachable by public transport, including by bus late at night, after the metro has stopped. Close to affordable creperies, atms, restaurants. Friendly hostel staff. Good wifi availability and strength, nice clean hostel with ok shower facilities. Quiet at night so that you can get some sleep. The hostel serves alcohol so you can party until 22:00 in the common area.

Very nice location but the small gap between the door and the floor meant that you could hear every single sound from the staircase. Quite annoying at 2 am. But the cat was nice!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice, colourful and clean hostel. Friendly staff.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location was pretty good, we stayed close to a metro station and just a short walk from Sacre Coer church

My stay was ok. The internet doesn't work properly; there's nobody at the reception before 11 am, so I checked out very early in the morning and I had to leave without getting my 5€ sheets deposit back. You have to leave the room between 11am and 2pm, so if you plan to rest or sleep in or just chill in the room, you can't. The building is small and there's no chill out area that you can meet people. Good things: the location is great. Easy to get around from the hostel.

Dear guest WOODSTOCK ffont desk is open 24h We do turn off the light in order to avoid crowd and noise you are able to check out or check in at any time of day and get your 5euros back we really do not understand what happened but me we are going to check please email me at the hostel adress you have in order to arrange the 5 eurso back Thank you so much for your feed back Best regards

The bathroom was completely filthy, and smelled disgusting, even in the morning... The only good thing about this hostel is the location, really !

Not enough bathrooms in the hostel! One shower and one toilet for each floor, The doors of the bedrooms make too much noise, there is no way to sleep if someone leaves early in the morning. The window in the roof is also a stupid idea, the light comes in early in the morning. There is no room to chill or to hang in the hostel, There is no locker where you can put your luggage, only a small one to put your wallet and phone. I had to sleep with my bag on my bed The location is good though

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Dear guest I think the hostel concept was not the right one for you We would have been happy to recommend an HOTEL The lobby is open 24 hours , the Kitchen the courtyard are open from 8am to 10pm We recommend to the guest to leave their luggage under the beds in order to clean And sorry if you did not appreciate the natural light of our roof window Best Regards,

I found the staff to be really hostile and rude. Had to show ourselves around, felt like we were bothering them.

• 18th Feb 2014

We are very surprised about this behaviour, however thank you so much for your feed back

Staff were great., friendly and helpful. Got a little lost getting there but it was okay. NOT a place to go if you actually want to sleep. We had a private double room and were woken up at 7am by the other people in the hostel. Everyone is getting downstairs for free breakfast and the walls are thin. No chance at sleeping past that. Every time some one came in or our of their room, we could hear their doors slam. Hostel is very cool looking, painted hippy-ish - very colorful

Dear guest Thank you for your comment we just adjusted the door hope to see you at WOODSTOCK

Very good atmosphere, with helpful staff from all over the world. Recommended to people willing to meet new people. It is roomy. We missed some comfortable places to stay, because in the lobby and the kitchen there are only wooden chairs. There are many facilities: wifi, computers, luggage room, a garden... Breakfast is included and very good, you must leave your room from 11-13 aprox. in order they clean it.

Thank you so much for your feed back hope seeing you at WOODSTOCK

Security to personal staff is somehow not secure as I expected. Still got room to improved. Need few more hanger in the bath room to hang sheets and cloth while taking shower.

thank you so much for you feed back and take note for the hanger in the shower Best Regards

Well on the previous reviews the hostel said that the cold shower situation is sorted out, but we had ice cold DiRTY clogged up showers for 2 nights.... Plus we had to take our valuables down every morning because the small safe boxes in the rooms does not work.... The people at reception was very friendly BUT it happend twice where i had to wait for them to finish changing shifts or something... Didn't put me as the client first....other than that i can't complain*

Thank you so much for you comment we are changing the shower system and it s fixed! And we are sorry if you had to bring you valuable at the front desk but we had to reset all the safe box for better security Hope to see you soon among us

You had to constantly hit the shower button or the water turns off every 15 seconds or so (not to mention it's cold). Also during the mandatory lock out they kick you out of the lobby as well as the rooms...so if you don't have a place to go at 11 or if the weather is bad...good luck! Also the rooms of eight had one toilet and shower. There was always a line. On the plus side, staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was always decent bread and jam.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Thank you so much for your feed back and are in the process of changing our shower system Also just to let you know we do not have room for eight Thank you again for your comment

I mean, hot water in a shower is hardly necessary in Paris in winter. The lockers in the rooms were permanently closed, no one seemed interested in opening them so they could be used.

Than you so for your feed back We had the shower you re traling about fixed (as there were at your disposal) and regarding the safe box they are weekly checked

Too many people to just a few bathrooms, toilets smells bad, shower it's cold and spreads water to everywhere what make your clothes wet, because there's absolutely no place to leave it. Breakfast it's simple, what I understand, it's a hostel not a Hilton, but staff keep an eye on you eating all the time, like to avoid you to eat to much, what makes a little sense, because they just put croissants one time, I have the slightly impression that it's just one for guest, so if you wake up late...

Ambiance chaleureuse chaque matin avec l'arrivee de la maitresse de maison. Un Sanitaire par palier. Et une caution de 5euros vous sera demande pour les draps (sauf si vous possedez les votres). Emplacement ideal proche de pigalle et d'opera. Good welcome, warm atmosphere every morning with the arrival of the hostess. A toilet by stages. And a 5-euro pledge will be asked you for sheets (unless you possess yours). Ideal location close to Pigalle and to Opera

Hi Thank you so much for your feed back Hope to see you soon

A nice hostel and the staff were really nice. However, we had to pack up our stuff and put on our beds each day for them to clean which was never that clean really. A no alcohol policy from outside, only what you bought from reception which in France was a bit frustrating as we could not buy our own wine. Very small kitchen, only bar stools and tables to sit at.

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Thank you so much. small cozy n nice lobby n kitchen was clean but not enough spoons and forks, wine opener! ! But I was very happy to stay there. Ahh... Unfortunately no Elevator.

They don't offer lockers.I asked for hairdryer because it's said at the facilities that they have it but they don't. Taking a shower is a challenge.. The water is cold and you need to press the bottom each 30 seconds.The toillets were dirty many times.My bedroom was absolutely hot and uncomfortable.They have a kitchen, but no glasses, forks, knifes... Also, I left things on the refrigetor.. the cleaner took it out and didn't put it back ! Very poor breakfast! I wouldn't recommend it AT ALL.

Nice hostel, no general complains but I think that they should invest more in the kitchen facilities