Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

Brilliant, great staff, location and atmosphere! I will be back :)

• 15th Aug 2015

There is no such thing as 200 euros fee for people going to the hostel. This is applied only for groups of 10 people. I had to bring this money and the staff told me that it was not required. Please update it on Hostel World.

• 8th Aug 2015

Great hostel, very helpful staff. Six person room was rather small, but we didn't spend that much time in there anyway. Good music in the common area :). There was also a patio which was nice, people could sit outside and chat a little or just hang out. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

The staff were lovely. Breakfast is good. My problem was people smoked on the tiny courtyard a few step from my room's only window. Everything smelled like it and on a hot breezeless night my room filled as 8 people smoked outside my window. Had to cover my face with a pillow despite the heat to filter the air and sleep. No fan to move air either; I asked but they had none. If you smoke, you will love it. If you dont... I woke up nauseous with eyes swelled shut. Checked out early.

Just to let you know that we are WOODSTOCK Will be enterely smoking free! Thank you again for your feed back

The hostel was allright, nothing special. The bigger letdown was the cat that kept me up all night because he was making noises. Apparently this does not happen to often, but when you pay 27 euro for a sleepless night, it's not worth it for me.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Dear Guest We are really sorry about our cat Jesus is 16 years old and as old cat he starts to have weird behaviour We love so much Jesus

The relief at reaching the hostel was short lived. Check in was very confused. Learned that I was in a room that only had ONE key - not overly safe for a solo traveller. I understand the room was a four bed dorm, but this room took the biscuit. Only could fit two bunk beds in it - no room for luggage... or comfort. Toilet and shower were situated in the courtyard - shared by EVERYONE on that level. Noise was ridiculous by staff too. Should have listened to other bad reviews - do NOT do it!

The room was the smallest we stayed in in Europe, but the hostel was quirky and a nice place to stay. Was clean and the staff were really helpful. Close to some sights and also close to the metro (but at night the area where the metro was did seem a bit unsafe). However overall would recommend for a short stay

This hostel was awesome. I was worried because it said woodstock that it was a hippie commune but it was totally safe and normal, just with some trippy esc stuff on the walls. The staff was super helpful always, they have computers, drinks to sell, an outside patio and a kitchen which are all great. You can make your own dinners. Qn

All are nice, just the WC don't have a sink and the sink is with showeroom.

Dear Guest, Thank you for feed back and we are working on changing the bathrooms

Every morning we had to be out of our rooms from 11am-2pm. This was a huge inconvenience for us and the staff were very unhelpful and sometimes flat out rude.

Dear Guest Sorry about your experience at Woodstock However the rules and conditons are mentionned on our website and all the sites that we worked with Best Regards

Really nice hostel! Stayed just one night but the staff were great and friendly. Quite small security boxes but I got in my camera (quite a big Nikon), so I was happy. Free breakfast included a croissant and coffee. A cat is walking around in the hostel so you know if you are allergic! It was really hot though, and no air-co, but thats kinda difficult to find in Paris at hostels anyways.

Dear Guest Thank you so much for your feed back

I had more than what I paid for! Incredibly kind staffs, very good breakfast with coffee, clean rooms and kitchen. Wifi's fast and most of all, i love the location of the hostel. If you stay in any room on first floor, which is the way to Kitchen and way to patio, you will be awake because of the noise. Except that, everyrhing was really great! And staffs were trying to keep the place quite though. I really enjoy staying at Woodstock hostel! Highly recommend

Dear Guest Thank you for lovely comment hope to see you again

The room we were in was a bit small with no storage space, the other room that my 2 friends stayed in was much bigger, however i loved the hostel and would definitly stay there again :)

They need to improve the bed sizes in the rooms to cater for a little elder generation.

Not much to say about this hostel, it's good if you want to stay close to this neighborhood- just down the street from the basilica! Other than that, you have to walk a little bit and take the metro everywhere. Standard for Paris I think. The atmosphere was good and the breakfast (pastry plus coffee and juice) was an added bonus in the morning. They have a nice terrace too.

Dear Guest Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feed back We really hope to see you and to recommand us We wish the best Woodstsock

Everything was great. Nice staff.

Dear Guest thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice vomment

Great location with easy access to cheap food and the metro. The rooms however are super small and very hot all the time. The atmosphere is great though and I met a bunch of really great people while there!

Woodstock was fine, the breakfast was terrible but the rest was good for the price. Warning, the bar was nonexistent and the 10 person rooms are cramped.

The hostel was pretty charming (lovely decorations and murals and such). Needs more outlets in the dorms though. Also the AC wasn't working or there was none? There was a fan and the windows were open, so it was bearable, but I woke up pretty sticky. I would stay here again.

This is the perfect place to adventure Paris from. The neighborhood is young and has easy access to the rest of the city. I'll never chose a different hostel in Paris.

• 21st Jun 2015