Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

2028 Total Reviews

Almost no kitchen supplies, two teacups at the kitchen in the common area, that's located in the basement, not that comfortable there. Shower smelled bad every day and there was no hot/warm water! No idea at which time of the day one is supposed to shower to have it a bit warmer .. Also you MUST leave your room for three hours (from 11.00-14.00) a day and they constantly remind you of that.

We were lucky enough to get a private room for four not a bad size at all. My only complaint is that the walls are so paper thin you could hear everything.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • abolstad

I stayed here for one night only, I reckon it is worth the money, its location is very good. The staff is really nice and helpful & can speak good english.

I loved this place! Super fun place to stay, super sweet and helpful staff, the area was great (at least for me) able to walk to cool sites and get to and from the airport easy! Yay Woodstock

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice mixed bags..Atmosphere was good.. Latrines need to have some water supply as well.. rest is fine..Wifi is ok..

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

The stay was excellent and I would recommend to anyone. Perfect location too, right next to Sacré Cœur.

The staff were rude and unhelpful when checking in and asking for help to different monuments. The showers have no hot water and the button only lasts 45 seconds before turning off the shower. Whilst the hostel was in a good location I would not recommend.

Dear Genevieve We are depply sorry about the behaviour of some of our staff will be kind enough to email us the details again very sorry about it

I had a very enjoyable stay here and found it easy to meet other travellers. Location was excellent! The courtyard/front room space was quite small and it was annoying we couldn't stay there after 10pm, but all in all a great hostel.

Can not sleep ... beats the door woke me up at intervals of 15 minutes ... the noise from the bar was unbearable ... until 2 o'clock in the morning there is no possibility to sleep ... does not have, even a fan to soften the noise. Complained at rcepção and told me it was anyway and could do nothing. In my room possessed a safe in each room that is good (my room was double). Again stayed in a hostel on the same street one and it was cheaper and organized. Choose another hostel ...

Good, friendly hostel in very good location for metro and Montmartre.

Dear Aidan Thank you so much for your nice comment

Great, clean hostel. Staff were kind & friendly, helpful. All facilities worked well, with fast wifi, good luggage storage, and nice breakfast. A little out of the way from the rest of the city, but I would stay there again or recommend it!

Was quite hot in the rooms which made for a difficult sleep. Got woken up at 3am by an older gentleman on the bottom bunk but that's hardly the hostel's fault. Otherwise, pretty decent.

Dear Alex Thank you so much for your comment and your understanding

There are so many simple things this place could do to be much better. Why, for example, are there no sinks/soap in the toilets, when the sinks are often inaccessible because people are showering? What THE HELL are the showers, its like standing in the face of a tepid hurricane? 'Breakfast' is just three different kinds of carbohydrates, actually three different kinds of wheat, which is so great when you're a allergic to gluten. So many easy fixes, just do them.

A little expensive but decent value for Paris. Very clean, decent beds, overall good stay

• 9th Jul 2014

Good place for the money in a city as expensive as Paris. Contrary to popular belief, Montmarte is a good area so long as you are being aware. It's at a good location for the Anvers metro, and there's lots of food around. It was really really loud while I was there because of one particular group and they didn't seem terribly concerned with quieting them down, but I slept through most of it. The showers aren't great, there's no temperature control, but the temperature is moderate so it's okay.

Dear Caitlin Thank you so much for your feed back we did expereienced some issues with showers who are fixed We are terribly sorry about the noise It is a very hard thing to control we invite the guest to come at the front desk and to let us know about it once agoin tha, you for staying with us

I thought the lobby was very cozy. Only certain members of the staff had knowledge of things to do in Paris. If you decide to take a day to relax, this is not the place for you. The cleaning staff walks into your room at 11am to kick you out until 2 pm. It would be OK if it actually showed results in the cleanliness of the room.

We cancelled our reservation and I hope we didn't get charged. A confirmation was sent from you regarding the cancellation. We hope to stay with you another time soon.

• 27th Jun 2014

Dear guest, If your reservation was canceled on time there is no reason to charge you we really hope to see you at WOODSTOCK

NEVER AGAIN! I have booked a private room and I really HATE SOMEONE ELSE GETTING INTO MY ROOM during my stay and leaving the WINDOW WIDELY OPENED!! "Room closed from 11-2" means no one can stay in room even your stay is not ended. SERIOUSLY? I only knew the room rate do not cover 11-2 by the time a staff rudely knocked at my door and asked me to leave immediately. Then why not say it during check-in? That's stupid. Cleanliness do not come from this kind of drama when you can smell the bedding.

While the Woodstock is a little out of the centre of town it's close enough to the metros to not be too much of a hassel. It was clean, though the showers could be a bit tricky as there was only one per floor. Having to leave during the day for the cleaners was a little annoying but most of the time I was out sightseeing anyway. Overall it was a good place to stay.

Well, I really like the place, it is great for young people. The only thing that I hqve to complain is the sower: neither you cant control the temperature or how much water is falling. In my first time I was surprised for a really cold water. Also the breakfast, it is good would be nice if had alternated menus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3