Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

2042 Total Reviews

The hostel location is quite central. The staffs is helpful

Cool decorations, nice breakfast. Kitchen, though I didn't use it. Critisisms: 1) the lockers in the rooms are too small. Big enough for your wallet, not something like a laptop computer. 2) Maybe because it was a Friday night, but the neighbors in the apartment across the street were exruciatingly loud with music and singing out of their window until about 3am. No one in my dorm room got sleep that night and the manager was yelling at them to stop, but they didn't.

Very nice place, i liked it

Overall I had a fine stay. The rooms were a little too small and there were not enough showers or shared toilets. The shared facilities were on a patio, so it was difficult to shower at night when it was cold.

I was ammased from the way receptinalist person treat us. He tried guide me matter even ı didnt ask for. He serch for some handfull info about commute on web for favour of us.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Almost no kitchen supplies, two teacups at the kitchen in the common area, that's located in the basement, not that comfortable there. Shower smelled bad every day and there was no hot/warm water! No idea at which time of the day one is supposed to shower to have it a bit warmer .. Also you MUST leave your room for three hours (from 11.00-14.00) a day and they constantly remind you of that.

We were lucky enough to get a private room for four not a bad size at all. My only complaint is that the walls are so paper thin you could hear everything.

The Woodstock hostel is located in Anvars, just 5 blocks from Socre Cure, one of the best views in Paris and perfect for a picnic. it also is 2 blocks from the Anvars subway station, where you can get all over Paris in 20 minutes or less. The Hostel is very secure, quiet after 11pm, and has decent wifi. The hostel itself is medium sized, so you get to know your fellow travelers well if you want to. The staff is very helpful with maps, tours, and planning out your routes to the airport.

I stayed here for one night only, I reckon it is worth the money, its location is very good. The staff is really nice and helpful & can speak good english.

I loved this place! Super fun place to stay, super sweet and helpful staff, the area was great (at least for me) able to walk to cool sites and get to and from the airport easy! Yay Woodstock

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice mixed bags..Atmosphere was good.. Latrines need to have some water supply as well.. rest is fine..Wifi is ok..

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

The stay was excellent and I would recommend to anyone. Perfect location too, right next to Sacré Cœur.

The staff were rude and unhelpful when checking in and asking for help to different monuments. The showers have no hot water and the button only lasts 45 seconds before turning off the shower. Whilst the hostel was in a good location I would not recommend.

Dear Genevieve We are depply sorry about the behaviour of some of our staff will be kind enough to email us the details again very sorry about it

I had a very enjoyable stay here and found it easy to meet other travellers. Location was excellent! The courtyard/front room space was quite small and it was annoying we couldn't stay there after 10pm, but all in all a great hostel.

Can not sleep ... beats the door woke me up at intervals of 15 minutes ... the noise from the bar was unbearable ... until 2 o'clock in the morning there is no possibility to sleep ... does not have, even a fan to soften the noise. Complained at rcepção and told me it was anyway and could do nothing. In my room possessed a safe in each room that is good (my room was double). Again stayed in a hostel on the same street one and it was cheaper and organized. Choose another hostel ...

Good, friendly hostel in very good location for metro and Montmartre.

Dear Aidan Thank you so much for your nice comment

Great, clean hostel. Staff were kind & friendly, helpful. All facilities worked well, with fast wifi, good luggage storage, and nice breakfast. A little out of the way from the rest of the city, but I would stay there again or recommend it!

Was quite hot in the rooms which made for a difficult sleep. Got woken up at 3am by an older gentleman on the bottom bunk but that's hardly the hostel's fault. Otherwise, pretty decent.

Dear Alex Thank you so much for your comment and your understanding

There are so many simple things this place could do to be much better. Why, for example, are there no sinks/soap in the toilets, when the sinks are often inaccessible because people are showering? What THE HELL are the showers, its like standing in the face of a tepid hurricane? 'Breakfast' is just three different kinds of carbohydrates, actually three different kinds of wheat, which is so great when you're a allergic to gluten. So many easy fixes, just do them.

A little expensive but decent value for Paris. Very clean, decent beds, overall good stay

• 9th Jul 2014