Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

1989 Total Reviews

Was quite hot in the rooms which made for a difficult sleep. Got woken up at 3am by an older gentleman on the bottom bunk but that's hardly the hostel's fault. Otherwise, pretty decent.

There are so many simple things this place could do to be much better. Why, for example, are there no sinks/soap in the toilets, when the sinks are often inaccessible because people are showering? What THE HELL are the showers, its like standing in the face of a tepid hurricane? 'Breakfast' is just three different kinds of carbohydrates, actually three different kinds of wheat, which is so great when you're a allergic to gluten. So many easy fixes, just do them.

Good place for the money in a city as expensive as Paris. Contrary to popular belief, Montmarte is a good area so long as you are being aware. It's at a good location for the Anvers metro, and there's lots of food around. It was really really loud while I was there because of one particular group and they didn't seem terribly concerned with quieting them down, but I slept through most of it. The showers aren't great, there's no temperature control, but the temperature is moderate so it's okay.

I thought the lobby was very cozy. Only certain members of the staff had knowledge of things to do in Paris. If you decide to take a day to relax, this is not the place for you. The cleaning staff walks into your room at 11am to kick you out until 2 pm. It would be OK if it actually showed results in the cleanliness of the room.

We cancelled our reservation and I hope we didn't get charged. A confirmation was sent from you regarding the cancellation. We hope to stay with you another time soon.

• 27th Jun 2014

Dear guest, If your reservation was canceled on time there is no reason to charge you we really hope to see you at WOODSTOCK

NEVER AGAIN! I have booked a private room and I really HATE SOMEONE ELSE GETTING INTO MY ROOM during my stay and leaving the WINDOW WIDELY OPENED!! "Room closed from 11-2" means no one can stay in room even your stay is not ended. SERIOUSLY? I only knew the room rate do not cover 11-2 by the time a staff rudely knocked at my door and asked me to leave immediately. Then why not say it during check-in? That's stupid. Cleanliness do not come from this kind of drama when you can smell the bedding.

While the Woodstock is a little out of the centre of town it's close enough to the metros to not be too much of a hassel. It was clean, though the showers could be a bit tricky as there was only one per floor. Having to leave during the day for the cleaners was a little annoying but most of the time I was out sightseeing anyway. Overall it was a good place to stay.

Well, I really like the place, it is great for young people. The only thing that I hqve to complain is the sower: neither you cant control the temperature or how much water is falling. In my first time I was surprised for a really cold water. Also the breakfast, it is good would be nice if had alternated menus.

Overall a very comfortable place to stay. Can be quite noisy if you are a light sleeper so bring your earplugs! Showers and bathrooms are very clean, as are the rooms. It is quite a walk from the major sights but the metro is nearby. The area itself is very cozy with cafes and restaurants on every corner. A good hostel!

The staff must improve their mood. I stayed in a private room and even though they made me go out Of my room at 11:00. The breakfast is very bad but I think I would stay here again. It is not easy to find a good hostel in Paris.

Very loud at all hours, people talking, singing, coming in from the street, walking up stairs, doors slamming, bottle bins emptying, creaking bunk beds. Had to be out between 11am-2pm each day, never experienced this before. Hostel staff very friendly, great english, very helpful. Shower was like a relay, one person in, one person out from each of the 5 rooms on our floor, became tiring and annoying to wait for each day when all you want is to be out and seeing the city.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your feed back We are sorry about the noise we are really explain to people to respect the room mates but it s very hard but we still working on it We hope pt see you soon

Not the best location. friendly staff though. very small rooms and only one toilet and shower per floor

Location: 10 minute walk from sacre coeur. But the surrounding area can be a little creepy at night, especially to the east. Be careful at night. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was trying her best, but didn't speak English. The owner and other desk attendants seemed to be fluent, though. The facilities felt a little grungy. Breakfast wasn't anything special. They have a cat. I didn't see anyone feed it. Personally, that bummed me out.

Paris is not a great place to stay in hostels, but this is about as good as you are going to get. I would recommend just staying in a hotel if you are visiting Paris.

Great security, lockers at reception as well as electronic safes in each room. Washroom/showers were small and often busy. Not a very prime location in town, but was one of the cheaper hostels in Paris so about what I was expecting. Breakfast was surprisingly good as well as the place was always clean. Some staff was great, but much of the staff was very unenthusiastic and gave very vague information. Wasn't a fan of the atmosphere in general, not a great place to just chill out and meet people.

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your nice feed back

Staff very nice and willing to help. Didnt accept cards as stated on website so they sent me to an ATM to get cash. Hostel lobby is nice but small, free breakfast is OK. They have a luggage room which is OK but has no key, rooms are nice and quiet, bed is OK, didnt have issues there. One shower per floor. Found a dirty bathroom in common room, and cleaning staff moved a chair so my iphone got kicked to the floor, the charger doesnt work anymore and he didnt even apologize for it.Wifi works fine.

Dear guest, We do accept credit card !however the last few days we experienced difficulties with our credit card terminal. We are sorry about it and hope to resolve the problem very soon Bathroom are cleaned 4 times a days we are sorry if some guest do not respect the place and also it s hard to apologize about your charger if you don t come at the front desk to tell us what happened I invite you to write in private the details Best Regards

Love this neighborhood, very laid back. Not a far walk from the metro and about 15-20 min from garre d' nord. Rooms are pretty cramped and musty/ smelly ( from so many people in such a small space). Bathrooms not the bst but definitely not the worst. Really nice kitchen /eating area, good places to chill and meet people. Have computers and will print things out for you. (Weak) coffee croissants ( butter and jam) and hot coco. Sell beer but you cant bring alcohol in, bummer.

Dear, Thank you so much for your very kind feed back We are sorry about our alochol policy but a lot of young people ( sometimes under age) are quickly out of control and we want to keep them as safe as possible

Absolutely fine as somewhere cheap to sleep and leave your stuff, as we were. The outdoor toilet is not ideal when it rains but otherwise the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Staff helpful. Easy to leave baggage there throughout the day. Handy location with shops and bakeries nearby, within walking distance to several metros including Gare du Nord. Breakfast simple but fine. Small common area, I can imagine not conducive to meeting others (though we weren't looking to do that).

• 8th May 2014

Dear , Thank you so much for your feed back. Just to let you know the door has been fixed

The hostel was repulsive. It looks nothing like the pictures. They should be taken off hostel world just for that. Entirely disgusting, they allow food in the rooms so there was trash and empty cans all over the place. It is TINY. The rooms, the bathrooms, everything. Nothing was clean. Showers cold. Horrible atmosphere. The day receptionist is very rude and unhelpful, night receptionist great but he should work at a better place. The "security" is a tiny lock box the size of a wallet.

We are sorry about your experience . I do not understand why you did not come at the front desk in order to resolve the problem We are can not be responsible for the behaviour of our guest we have 2 people in charge of cleaning 7 days a week and can not let you say that WOODSTOCK is not clean we do everything possible to keep the hostel clean but once again we can not be responsible for the guest .

Staff was unenthusiastic and uninterested upon our arrival and there was only 1 toilet/ shower in the morning to be shared between the 30 people on our floor. Great location in the heart of Montmartre but not sure if I would stay here again

Dear, Just to let you know some our rooms have shower in the room Please email me in private to get more information about the behaviour of our staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3