Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

This hostel is definitely above average. The breakfasts are simple but will keep you going until lunch. The kitchen facility is nice. My only complaint about this hostel is the lack of bathroom facilities considering you have to be out of the rooms by 11am. It feels like a mad dash to get showered and leave the room.

The hostel is not big, during breakfast time sometimes no places. Room was a little smelly. The plugs are installed on one side of the wall, not convenient for the ppl whose bed far from there. Internet worked well, except in the kitchen in the basement. Staffs were very nice and helpful. Location is quite good, safe, not far from city, not noisy. The kitchen has only 2 stoves you need to wait for cooking. not an excellent hostel, but still nice.

Great hostel! The fact that there's only one bathroom and a shower in each floor might cause some waiting, but I personally didn't have any problems with it. Location is perfect!

Good location, nice breakfast and almost everything was right. The only big problem is the toilets, is just one per floor and just one shower too.

A couple weird policies but they are upfront about them like the sheet card and not being allowed in your room from 11-1pm which sucks when you need a down day or not being allowed to bring in your own alcohol when they have a very small selection .you can't lock your bags up but they have small safes for the other stuff .

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your comment In order to keep Woodstock a cozy place, and where people can enjoy a little bit a quiet and peace, we have to avoid the consquences of over drinking ( noises, bad behaviour , regurgitating etc..). We do have choices of beers and wine please email us in private if you any suggestions about the choices of beverage Thank you so much for your understanding Thank you again for staying with us

Don't have locker inside the room.

I chose Woodstock after considering many other options based mostly on location and price. The location worked great for me and my friend, as it is right next to the Sacre Coeur and easy to get to from the Gare du Nord and subway. Around the hostel there are also a variety of great restaurants and a grocery store. The staff was very friendly and helpful, directing us to many locations and giving us much advice. Only complaint was the size of our private room and a slightly awkward bathroom setup

• 1st Oct 2015

Best of the worse situation in a very expensive city. Lack of personal lockers was a big deal as I had to hand in my laptop and valuables to the receptionist when I am not using them. There are tiny box lockers in the reception area that may fit wallets/jewelry. Receptionists were okay but the two Eastern European ladies (polish?) taking care of the kitchen/breakfast were always rushing and far from friendly/helpful. One toilet/shower per floor ensured a huge inconvenience. Met interesting ppl!

Dear Guest We are deeply sorry about your experience at Woodstock We are still happy you were able to meet interesting people

Great location- very close to a number of restaurants, great nightlife in Pigalle and a main metro line Attentive staff- felt very safe Showers were a little different and made the floor soaking wet Sometimes would be strict about breakfast eating times Overall great place- would go again

• 21st Sep 2015

Its most important features are a (half) Beetle car on the wall - which is also the jukebox with great music - and a cat. The biggest annoyance in my opinion is that there are very few bathrooms and toilets, and in the morning there is always a queue for them. Also, since it's permitted to smoke in a open area and the door is always open, the common (closed) area always smells just like it. To anyone who does not smoke, I would say to stay away from this place.

The hostel overall was very nice except for the fact that there was no wash basin in the toilet, even though there was one in the room but it didn't have a hand wash, so i had to wait till someone comes out of the bath-room so that i could wash my hands. Otherwise everything else is perfect. The staff was very cooperative, since i was there only for a day and i had arrived after midnight but the guy helped me in making my plan to visit everything the next day.

Dear Mona Thank for your lovely comment

This is a good place if you're doing a really quick trip! The room was stuffy, even with the windows open. The beds were noisy so anytime anyone moved you could hear it. The staff was incredibly nice!

Dear Guest Thank you for your feed back and we already fixed the noise issues Best Regards

The room was extremely small and hard for two people to move around in. Only one toilet and shower per floor and constantly in use

The bar is almost non existent.

in a fairly cool area but the place isn't great for the price. they have a nice cat though. weird lock out rule is kind of annoying but not that big a deal.

Brilliant, great staff, location and atmosphere! I will be back :)

• 15th Aug 2015

There is no such thing as 200 euros fee for people going to the hostel. This is applied only for groups of 10 people. I had to bring this money and the staff told me that it was not required. Please update it on Hostel World.

• 8th Aug 2015