Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

1989 Total Reviews

A really cool Hostel with nice staff and good English, so they can help you with every question or problem. The location is also really cool, it's pretty close to a parking deck (if you travel by car..), metro station and to Sacre Coeur :)) there is a lot goin on in this area (restauarants, bars etc.) and I honestly can recommend the Woodstock hostel :))

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

First of all, the first day of our reservation we had informed the stuff that we would arrive really early in the morning and when we got there we were not allowed to enter our room by the afternoon. Nobody informed us that we would have to wait so many hours to enter our room. Moreover, we were not allowed to have breakfast (which we had paid) because "there was not so much food for the people already staying in the hostel". Finally, some members of the stuff were really rude.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Dear, If you wanted to have a room and have access to it very early you would have needed to reserve t for the night before as we mentioned to you by email As any hostel / hotel people are still in the room 7 am We invited you to leave your luggage to our luggage room , we invited you to have breakfast (by the way the breakfast is free and you did not have to paid for it), and to use all our amenities.

The hostel was a pretty good value for the cost. The staff needs to be trained a bit better. We had trouble communicating with the receptionist when we first arrived and also weren't told to keep certain papers in order to get our deposit back. The breakfast wasn't amazing but it's what should be expected from a free meal. The hostel also has a cat which, although it didn't bother me, it may be a problem for others. All in all I'd go to that hostel again if I were to return to Paris.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Arrived at the Woodstock Hostel to be told that our booking (made four days in advance for an Easter weekend) had mysteriously been 'lost' in the system and blamed HostelWorld for losing our booking; however, they had the details on record. Seems that our booking was received but then cancelled by the hostel, and they ended up sending us to another hostel on the other side of the city. Not impressed This is the second time a hostel in Paris has 'misplaced' our booking with similar circumstances

Dear, We are sorry about your experience and i would ike you to email me in private in order to get more details Thak you

Very good staff and location. Unfortunately, the bathroom is really a problem, you can't control the temperature of your water. The breakfast is also not very good, even for a hostel.

We were moved to some other hostel hence I marked everything as "good".

This place was overpriced just because it is in Paris. The bathrooms are outside and you need to walk through the patio garden to get to them. You need to pay for your bed sheets when you arrive though the money is returned. There is a daily lockout for the hostel to get cleaned and you need to put you luggage on your bedsheets. The place smells and the kitchen has is an electric plug-in burner. There is a leak in the kitchen definitely growing mold as well. The showers turn off at 30 seconds.

Toilets were relatively clean, but showers were dirty, overoccupied (2 for the whole hostel) and cold. Staff very frendly and breakfast was fantastic. Apart from washroom facilities and small sized room, I would come back.

• 14th Apr 2014

I would definitely recommend Woodstock! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they have a prime location. The breakfast in the morning is great and worth getting up early for. I had a great time staying at Woodstock hostel

People were friendly. Hostel in an amazing location (very funky and youthful). The atmosphere in itself was nice. Overall, a great hostel!

• 12th Apr 2014

Good price for Paris and for the quality of the Hostel. Light breakfast included. Easily reachable by public transport, including by bus late at night, after the metro has stopped. Close to affordable creperies, atms, restaurants. Friendly hostel staff. Good wifi availability and strength, nice clean hostel with ok shower facilities. Quiet at night so that you can get some sleep. The hostel serves alcohol so you can party until 22:00 in the common area.

Hostel was not up to our expectations. Girls put their tampons in the open bin in the shower. Toilets and shower were not clean and outdated. The staff was not very helpful. There was no instructions at check in. We had breakfast in the hostel one time, they took our plates while we were eating. We've been in cheaper hostels which offer more value/money.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very nice location but the small gap between the door and the floor meant that you could hear every single sound from the staircase. Quite annoying at 2 am. But the cat was nice!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Nice, colourful and clean hostel. Friendly staff.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location was pretty good, we stayed close to a metro station and just a short walk from Sacre Coer church

My stay was ok. The internet doesn't work properly; there's nobody at the reception before 11 am, so I checked out very early in the morning and I had to leave without getting my 5€ sheets deposit back. You have to leave the room between 11am and 2pm, so if you plan to rest or sleep in or just chill in the room, you can't. The building is small and there's no chill out area that you can meet people. Good things: the location is great. Easy to get around from the hostel.

Dear guest WOODSTOCK ffont desk is open 24h We do turn off the light in order to avoid crowd and noise you are able to check out or check in at any time of day and get your 5euros back we really do not understand what happened but me we are going to check please email me at the hostel adress you have in order to arrange the 5 eurso back Thank you so much for your feed back Best regards

The bathroom was completely filthy, and smelled disgusting, even in the morning... The only good thing about this hostel is the location, really !

Not enough bathrooms in the hostel! One shower and one toilet for each floor, The doors of the bedrooms make too much noise, there is no way to sleep if someone leaves early in the morning. The window in the roof is also a stupid idea, the light comes in early in the morning. There is no room to chill or to hang in the hostel, There is no locker where you can put your luggage, only a small one to put your wallet and phone. I had to sleep with my bag on my bed The location is good though

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Dear guest I think the hostel concept was not the right one for you We would have been happy to recommend an HOTEL The lobby is open 24 hours , the Kitchen the courtyard are open from 8am to 10pm We recommend to the guest to leave their luggage under the beds in order to clean And sorry if you did not appreciate the natural light of our roof window Best Regards,

I found the staff to be really hostile and rude. Had to show ourselves around, felt like we were bothering them.

• 18th Feb 2014

We are very surprised about this behaviour, however thank you so much for your feed back

Staff were great., friendly and helpful. Got a little lost getting there but it was okay. NOT a place to go if you actually want to sleep. We had a private double room and were woken up at 7am by the other people in the hostel. Everyone is getting downstairs for free breakfast and the walls are thin. No chance at sleeping past that. Every time some one came in or our of their room, we could hear their doors slam. Hostel is very cool looking, painted hippy-ish - very colorful

Dear guest Thank you for your comment we just adjusted the door hope to see you at WOODSTOCK