Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

The staff was helpful and courteous. The room is too small. The bunk bed is not sturdy and squeeky. When I sit up, my head touched the upper deck base. Shower head too high and spreads out wide angle and not much water actually gets on the body (it's like sprinkling on the body only}. At mid- night, a man suddenly banged loudly on our door. He left after we replied he got the wrong room. Tables placed outside the room (ground floor) where guests sat and chatted interrupted our sleep.

The hostel is well located just 8-10 minutes walking from the Gare du Nord train station. Free lockers are freely provided. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Besides, the guy who work in the reception gently offered me free printing as I needed to print out my tickets.

My third time at this hostel! Loved the location and the cleanliness. really nice staff and nice breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Staff really helpful and nice. The owner is an amazing lady! Only complain I would make is about the facilities of the kitchen... too limited! And also would be great to have a light and a socket by the bed but I understand. I'll defintely come back as I've already done! :) I had a great stay! Vincent

Great location, just 5minutes from the subway station and close to Sacre Coeur cathedral. Kitchen could use many improvements, but you can cook the basics. Breakfast was really good, specially since it's free and it's Paris. Nice place to meet people if you're travelling alone. One thing: if you're allergic you're probably gonna suffer with the blankets they provide. They should put them out in the sun from time to time, I didn't sleep so well because I kept sneezing.

Good value for money, not recommended for the claustrophobic though, space was pretty cramped

I am a 22 year old backpacking around europe with my friends and don't complain about much but this hostel has definitely been one of the worst so far. The biggest and most important problem is BEG BUGS! I counted 15 bites after just the first night and my friend also had many. A week later these are still big, red and itchy! The staff are incredibly rude and unfriendly. There is only one (crappy) shower on each floor. There is no proper locker for your large-sized valuables either!

• 21st Oct 2014

Not the best but far from the worst, an overall good hostel. Close to public transport, really good basic breakfast. No oven in kitchen but everything else. Would stay there again.

Nice and cozy. Good courtyard and breakfast.

Cool location, mostly nice staff, but don't forget the earplugs!

The location is great, but the staff was not very friendly and useful when asking for suggestions and general information.

Average hostel, poor breakfast

Having to go outside for the showers were a bit of a inconvenience since it was raining while I was there, but other than that it was okay. The one croissant per person rule was annoying. I was hungry in the morning and I would have done fine if the was not a posted limit. All I needed was two croissants, hot chocolate, and a bowl of cereal.

Dear guest, We are sorry to hear your stay at the WOODSTOCK. As the sign showed 3 other showers were at your disposal if you did not want to use the outside one (this showers is often use for the guest in early check in or late check out). We do have a croissant per person policy in order to please every guest of the hostel however cereal, orange juice baguette as much as you want. Best Regards

Very good hostel. I found it a bit hard to find. Enjoyed my stay.

Excellent breakfast

In general a nice hostel. However, we slept in a room adjacent to the inner garden with the consequence that at night we could hear everything happening in the whole hostel. Moreover, the toilets are located in the inner garden, so this is not very comfortable if you would like to have some privacy during your toilet visits (or other's).

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Friendly small hostel only a couple of minutes walk from Sacre-Couer. Friendly staff. Clean room with a keycode safe for each person in the room - neat! It was very quiet when I was there, but I was only in for one night and went out so maybe it's got more life than I realised. Breakfast was good - croissants, cereal, juice etc. Would stay again.

I stay in this hostel for 2 nights in dormatory. I wouldnt stay there longer. There are lockers for staff but they are small, so you can close all your things. And the most inconvinient were beds. I had bottom bunk bed and i hurt my head many times, and in night i couldnt sleep, becouse of noice bed made with any, even very small move of person on bed. And in 8 person room this noice can be really annoing. I would not stay there again.

Nice hostel, average breakfast, and strange toilet separations from the room.

The hostel location is quite central. The staffs is helpful

Cool decorations, nice breakfast. Kitchen, though I didn't use it. Critisisms: 1) the lockers in the rooms are too small. Big enough for your wallet, not something like a laptop computer. 2) Maybe because it was a Friday night, but the neighbors in the apartment across the street were exruciatingly loud with music and singing out of their window until about 3am. No one in my dorm room got sleep that night and the manager was yelling at them to stop, but they didn't.