Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

Generally all of things about the hostel were good. Location was great. Reasonable rooms, clean bathrooms and helpful staff.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

I'm very frustrated with this hostel. I booked here a few months before my arrival date, and the day I arrived, they told me they had moved me to another hostel. I had no knowledge of this prior, and the staff said they had sent an email, which I never received. They offered little help on how to get to the next hostel and I ended up having to take a taxi. Fortunately I liked where they moved me to, if I come to Paris again I would rather stay there.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Не самое лучшее место. Во всяком случае мой номер в декабре месяце. Девчачий на 6-х,в отдельном домике через двор. Душ внутри комнаты,а вот туалет на улице! Даже не в общем коридоре,а во дворе! В первую ночь не было отопления,спали в одежде. Никто не предложил другой номер или второе одеяло. Комната крохотная. Вайфай есть,инет есть. Завтрак обыкновенный,вполне хороший. Удобно расположен около метро,рядом магазин. Есть шикарный кот ученый. Знает все языки мира,но предпочитает молчать об этом)))

Staff was great a friendly. Centrally located. However, we were unlucky that we coincided with a VERY loud group banging doors and screaming loud in the wee hours of the morning. I wonder if the staff could do something about it, instead of having everybody waking up in the middle of the night.

It was the cheapest hostel in Paris, but I enjoyed my stay. The bed was comfortable, and the free breakfast was very nice. I could start a day in Paris with some energy every morning. One bad thing was, shower was not hot most of the times. But overall, good hostel!

Very nice stay. Friendly staff, location close to public transportation, good Wi-Fi and a nice outdoor patio with smoking allowed.

• 18th Nov 2014

Some goods and some bads. Good: location, staff, cleanliness, atmosphere. Bads: no plugs to recharge phones, just one toilet and one shower per floor, no elevator, all the spaces are very reduced. Good for short stays, not for long ones.

it is a little noisy in night, but the staffs are very nice. this is a good hotel for your travel in Paris.

I didn't like this hostel! First of all, in the pictures looks so nice and fun but is not! One of the guys from reception was really antipatethic and arrogant! The kitchen its terrible! The rooms are ok but very small and they don't let you have acess to the rooms from 11 to 14 for cleaning, what is so stupid! The breakfast is very poor! I would not recommend this hostel, there is another one call The Village, 5 minutes distance, that is SO much better for the same price

• 9th Nov 2014

Dear guest We are sorry to hear about your experience at Woodstock You have your staye in a room you asked for in a dorm of 6 I m very surprised you said that we have a poor breakfast when we offer hot drinks croissant brad 2 types of cereales etc.. i don' t what you expected .I m very happy to hear that you prefered our sister property the Village hostel however the price is not the same at all The rate you paid was 20.74€ per night with the breakfast

if u suffer from clostrafobia this place is not for u small everything no room to swing a cat incidentaly they have a cat !!!

It´s a very nice Hostel, I´d come back for sure!. The shower was great, same for the breakfast and the reception was very cool. High Quality/Price ratio for sure.

This hostel would be good except for there only being 1 shower per floor. That's one shower for about 25 people. There were no lockers in room but that was ok for me as I just worked around it. The location was good for moulin rouge and a 10-15 minute underground trip to get anywhere else. But it was a good hostel aside from a couple of things.

I loved this hostel and everything about it. The staff was really accommodating and the hostel itself was very nice. My only complaint was that there was a lot of mold in the shower. That was disgusting but everything else was lovely.

• 4th Nov 2014

Dear guest, Thank you so much for staying with us And we are happy the all the showers joints have been replaced Best Regards

The rooms are passable but over-stuffed with beds, with almost no floor space for bags and only tiny lockers. The breakfast was rather okay and the staff was helpful. What really turned me off though were the bathroom facilities: toilets without sinks, weird head-less shower pipes that sprayed you like a hose, unadjustable shower temperature. I had a courtyard room and had to go out in the courtyard every time I needed to use the toilet.

Dear guest Thank you so much for your feed back. Just to let you know the showers heads have been fixed. We are using the systmes ofthe showers button in order to save water Best Regards

The location is excellent. There are security boxes for valuable items. The breakfast was good. The staff was nice. But the room was really small and crowded and the sheets were a bit stained. Overall, it was ok.

The showers often lacked hot water. The credit card machine wasn't working. Breakfast was scarce and food sometimes ran out.

The staff was helpful and courteous. The room is too small. The bunk bed is not sturdy and squeeky. When I sit up, my head touched the upper deck base. Shower head too high and spreads out wide angle and not much water actually gets on the body (it's like sprinkling on the body only}. At mid- night, a man suddenly banged loudly on our door. He left after we replied he got the wrong room. Tables placed outside the room (ground floor) where guests sat and chatted interrupted our sleep.

The hostel is well located just 8-10 minutes walking from the Gare du Nord train station. Free lockers are freely provided. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Besides, the guy who work in the reception gently offered me free printing as I needed to print out my tickets.

My third time at this hostel! Loved the location and the cleanliness. really nice staff and nice breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Staff really helpful and nice. The owner is an amazing lady! Only complain I would make is about the facilities of the kitchen... too limited! And also would be great to have a light and a socket by the bed but I understand. I'll defintely come back as I've already done! :) I had a great stay! Vincent

1 2 Next » last »