Woodstock Hostel Reviews

48 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

if u suffer from clostrafobia this place is not for u small everything no room to swing a cat incidentaly they have a cat !!!

It´s a very nice Hostel, I´d come back for sure!. The shower was great, same for the breakfast and the reception was very cool. High Quality/Price ratio for sure.

This hostel would be good except for there only being 1 shower per floor. That's one shower for about 25 people. There were no lockers in room but that was ok for me as I just worked around it. The location was good for moulin rouge and a 10-15 minute underground trip to get anywhere else. But it was a good hostel aside from a couple of things.

I loved this hostel and everything about it. The staff was really accommodating and the hostel itself was very nice. My only complaint was that there was a lot of mold in the shower. That was disgusting but everything else was lovely.

• 4th Nov 2014

Dear guest, Thank you so much for staying with us And we are happy the all the showers joints have been replaced Best Regards

The rooms are passable but over-stuffed with beds, with almost no floor space for bags and only tiny lockers. The breakfast was rather okay and the staff was helpful. What really turned me off though were the bathroom facilities: toilets without sinks, weird head-less shower pipes that sprayed you like a hose, unadjustable shower temperature. I had a courtyard room and had to go out in the courtyard every time I needed to use the toilet.

Dear guest Thank you so much for your feed back. Just to let you know the showers heads have been fixed. We are using the systmes ofthe showers button in order to save water Best Regards

The location is excellent. There are security boxes for valuable items. The breakfast was good. The staff was nice. But the room was really small and crowded and the sheets were a bit stained. Overall, it was ok.

The showers often lacked hot water. The credit card machine wasn't working. Breakfast was scarce and food sometimes ran out.

The staff was helpful and courteous. The room is too small. The bunk bed is not sturdy and squeeky. When I sit up, my head touched the upper deck base. Shower head too high and spreads out wide angle and not much water actually gets on the body (it's like sprinkling on the body only}. At mid- night, a man suddenly banged loudly on our door. He left after we replied he got the wrong room. Tables placed outside the room (ground floor) where guests sat and chatted interrupted our sleep.

The hostel is well located just 8-10 minutes walking from the Gare du Nord train station. Free lockers are freely provided. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Besides, the guy who work in the reception gently offered me free printing as I needed to print out my tickets.

My third time at this hostel! Loved the location and the cleanliness. really nice staff and nice breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Staff really helpful and nice. The owner is an amazing lady! Only complain I would make is about the facilities of the kitchen... too limited! And also would be great to have a light and a socket by the bed but I understand. I'll defintely come back as I've already done! :) I had a great stay! Vincent

Great location, just 5minutes from the subway station and close to Sacre Coeur cathedral. Kitchen could use many improvements, but you can cook the basics. Breakfast was really good, specially since it's free and it's Paris. Nice place to meet people if you're travelling alone. One thing: if you're allergic you're probably gonna suffer with the blankets they provide. They should put them out in the sun from time to time, I didn't sleep so well because I kept sneezing.

Good value for money, not recommended for the claustrophobic though, space was pretty cramped

I am a 22 year old backpacking around europe with my friends and don't complain about much but this hostel has definitely been one of the worst so far. The biggest and most important problem is BEG BUGS! I counted 15 bites after just the first night and my friend also had many. A week later these are still big, red and itchy! The staff are incredibly rude and unfriendly. There is only one (crappy) shower on each floor. There is no proper locker for your large-sized valuables either!

• 21st Oct 2014

Not the best but far from the worst, an overall good hostel. Close to public transport, really good basic breakfast. No oven in kitchen but everything else. Would stay there again.

Nice and cozy. Good courtyard and breakfast.

Cool location, mostly nice staff, but don't forget the earplugs!

The location is great, but the staff was not very friendly and useful when asking for suggestions and general information.

Average hostel, poor breakfast

Having to go outside for the showers were a bit of a inconvenience since it was raining while I was there, but other than that it was okay. The one croissant per person rule was annoying. I was hungry in the morning and I would have done fine if the was not a posted limit. All I needed was two croissants, hot chocolate, and a bowl of cereal.

Dear guest, We are sorry to hear your stay at the WOODSTOCK. As the sign showed 3 other showers were at your disposal if you did not want to use the outside one (this showers is often use for the guest in early check in or late check out). We do have a croissant per person policy in order to please every guest of the hostel however cereal, orange juice baguette as much as you want. Best Regards

Very good hostel. I found it a bit hard to find. Enjoyed my stay.