World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

2015 Total Reviews

A big plus goes to a friendly staff and location. Also wi-fi works great.

The breakfast is mint, the bar is nice, but you need your own lock

I was staying for 6 nights, well worth the money you pay! The staff at the hostel are very helpful and just loads to do if you ask them. Enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• 25th Jan 2016

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I stayed here before and it didn't disappoint at all. The staff is super helpful and courteous. The location is unbeatable. And the place itself is comfortable and full of friendly people.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Really spacious and a nice common area and attached coffee shop for chatting and meeting new friends

So thankful for this place. We got in way early and we're allowed to nap on the couch and eat the breakfast. Super good people who work there and who stayed there.

This hostel provided me with an incredible experience in Istanbul. I meant to stay for a week and stayed for nearly a month. I loved Istanbul, and I attribute most of my positive experiences to the connection this hostel gave me to the city.

Great atmosphere and people, nice staff, very secure and clean. Nice breakfast as well. Important to note: there are 2 sides of the hostel, one has hot water and one does not. Make sure to ask around and take your shower on the side closest to the entrance.

Ozan was great; Friendly happy and even willing to direct me another hostel when I turned up without a booking. But I ended up staying, a decision that I am very happy with.

This was the best stay I've had so far! I loved environment and made a lot of friends. The rooms were clean and the beds were really comfortable. The staff was wonderful and really helpful especially Ozan at the front desk. I would definitely here again!

• 7th Jan 2016

Really relaxed hostel in a great location. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the cafe is excellent, and the staff are super helpful (I'm looking at you Burak)! We stayed here for eight nights and never even considered going anywhere else. Only problem was there was no hot water on our side of the hostel but you can go to the other side if you want a hot shower.

• 5th Jan 2016

This hostel is the best hostel you will find in istanbul. Its location is perfectt, you will meet so many great people and have a great time. The receptionists aljan and burak are really awesome, I really appreciate their warm hospitality and attentive guest care. you won't regret choosing worldhouse hostel!

Ozan is an oustanding receptionist, very friendly and helpful! Location of hostel is excellent however visitors should beware of 'lets have a drink scammers' lurking around the hostel.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Singapore

I've been to over 30 countries now and stayed in well over 50 hostels, and some hostels just "have it." World House Hostel has it. From the second I checked in, the staff, especially Burak J, went out of their way to make sure I found: the best places to eat, drink, see, and meet people in my extremely limited time in this beautiful city. Burak went above and beyond, and that is really what makes an experience and memories for life. The beds are also comfy and the showrds are hot! A+.

I really enjoyed my stay at Worldhouse Hostel! Great location, good vibe, supernice staff - Ozan showed me a local little music bar where they have jam nights, and it was the best night in Istanbul! I would recommend this big time and will stay here again when I'm back in the city.

This was my first time in Istanbul and I loved this hostel. The staff were so helpful, especially Burak who helped me book a room for the last two nights when I wasn't sure where I was going to stay. The location is perfect only a short walk to the train which takes you to Sultanahmet, with the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I loved the atmosphere, it was hip, clean and fun. I met so many interesting travelers. I went on a really fun pub crawl with Burak, who took us to local bars.

Burak, ozan and ercan in the reception are awsome. They gave us realy good recomendations and helped us a lot. The hostel is located in an excelent location.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Israel

Barack was an awesome host and I hope to party with him again someday!

• 30th Dec 2015

I enjoyed my time at the hostel very much. The staff are very helpful and there is a very nice atmosphere and I felt very safe. There was a problem with the heating and hot water, but we were given a discount so that is ok. I would have preferred it if there was a lift because we were on the top floor, especially for luggage, but the staff helped with that and carried my (very heavy) suitcase up. One suggestion is that it would be possible for guests to make their own tea/coffee at all times.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Malta

The wifi was pretty bad, as everyone else already noted. Hostel is located on a busy street very close to the metro and the tram (but more than the 100 meters given in their directions). Felt very safe and comfortable. There were definitely not enough bathrooms, and those that were there had toilets and showers in the same room, leading to many people waiting in the morning. Also, the bathrooms could get rather messy and/or run out of toilet paper/soap/etc. The rooms were VERY clean.

• 28th Dec 2015