World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Had a great stay at World House Hostel in Istanbul. Check in is only at noon even if guests specify they will be arriving earlier, but staff was kind enough to arrange for luggage layaway in the meantime. The 14-person mixed dorm is surprisingly airy and bright and guests were very respectful of others in this shared space. Showers and toilets on the third floor are less spacious and older than those on the second floor, but do the trick. Pub crawl is great!

• 17th May 2015

The hostel is right next to the metro and Galata Tower. Perfect location, friendly staff, nice breakfast. My 6 bed dorm room was excellent, it even had a balcony!

• 17th May 2015

Had a great time there! Also a big shout out to Borak for being such a good host. Highly recommended !

• 6th May 2015
  • India

Everything you could want from a Hostel! Good vibes, great breakfast. My dorm room was for 14 people but very spacious. Great location, walking distance to Taksim square and all the good night life. Staff are really helpful. Had a great stay in this Hostel!

I had a great time at World House Hostel, the rooms were nice and comfortable, there was plenty of space and the location was great. The staff was excellent, especially Burak. He made my friend and I feel at home and helped us find great places to visit and eat, as well as took a group from the hostel to an island on his day off, it was amazing. He made our time at World House Hostel a unique experience I'll never forget.

• 5th May 2015

Had a great time staying at World House Hostel. The location and atmosphere of the hostel was fantastic, and the staff were friendly - especially Burak! who made sure our stay was as pleasant and enjoyable as possible! Would highly recommend! Cheers

This a very good value for money party hostel. The only negative that I could see is that for the summer the air conditioning is not available in dorms and rooms during most of the daylight hours. If you neednto be in a dorm or room it could be very, very hot.

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very close to the main street for shopping, food and bars.

Such warm, friendly staff! I was travelling alone and the hostel atmosphere was so welcoming that I immediately met some interesting and cool people to explore Istanbul with. The location is perfect and the cafe at the front makes delicious Turkish coffee. I was sad to leave!

• 1st May 2015

Very good atmosphere in the hostel, helpfull staff and the best coffee downstairs!

I stayed only one night, but it was enough to leave positive comments.. the place is typical hostel with great location: just in the center of historical galata neighborhood, at the end of the istiklal street.. if you are looking for safe, clean and inexpensive place to stay this place is recommended..

Please do something with the mould in the bathroom in the private rooms. And I think that privite rooms should be also checked and cleaned regulary especially when you pay the higher price.

World House Hotel is one of the best i have ever been to many Europen Hostels.Especially staff was very helpfull and breakfast was delicious.I will certainly stay over there again next time when i come to Istanbul. Alper

• 9th Apr 2015

The location was awesome it is in walking distance of everything you want to do or need. The common area and the bar crawls made it really easy to meet people and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

This hostel was absolutely wonderful. Comfortable, clean rooms with a view of the beautiful Galata tower! Nice breakfast of tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, eggs, etc. There was a comfortable common area and a cute little cafe in the front. The neighborhood it is situated in is also quite nice to walk around!

The hostel is located in one of the coolest parts of Istanbul. Around every corner there was a nice coffee shop, a hidden art gallery and/or shopping. It was just far away to feel safe but close enough that you could walk everywhere. The whole place was clean and there was a nice area to hang out in plus the coffee shop at the front. Especially loved the guys who ran the pub crawl.

Staying in this hostel definitely made my days in Istanbul much better! Not only for the super friendly staff, the chilled environment (including the café) and the perfect location, but also because it was so easy to meet people there! The guys that run the pub crawl are really nice and they made an effort for us to have a good Turkish night out, which was the case. Also, the Hostel serves breakfast for a cheap price, which was amazing. I would definitely go back there :) thanks!! Ana

The hostel was very good. We stayed in a private room and it was quite comfortable and they cleaned the room everyday. The common area downstairs was good and a nice place to meet other people. The only complaints we would have are that the first day we arrived we asked the guy in the reception for some advice about the city and his response was that he didn't know anything. Also, the wi-fi was not working for like two days in our room, only downstairs. Other than that it was very good!

Awesome hostel! Great location, great breakfast buffet, clean rooms and lockers for everyone! 20-25 minute to mosques and right around all good food and shopping!

Good for budget backpackers travellers.

• 23rd Mar 2015