World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I was sick during my stay and the staff were very helpful towards me, helping me find a chemist and giving me tea. It's never nice to be sick but especially when you're out of your home and by yourself. They made me feel that little bit better and it was comforting to know someone cared! The only problem was there was a mix up with my airport shuttle - they forgot to ask and I forgot to clarify which airport I needed to go to! Slight miscommunication (or lack of) on bit hour behalves

Generally a good hostel but comfort wasn't great. Next door to a mosque so woken up at 5am by call to prayer 3 metres from my window, beds uncomfortable, no curtains on windows! Why?! The people in the bar across the street look into your window - no Project. Breakfast very basic.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in! Lovely cafe downstairs, nice rooms, great shower...I have only good things to say!

We stayed in this hostel for three nights. After a weird start (the receptionist mess it up with our payment - she decided to divide the payment into two and not being able to give us a receipt!). The hostel is really clean and location is perfect. We had a few problems with internet connection that were sorted easily. If you have any issues ask for Burak at the reception if you can. He is the best staff at World House Istanbul and will do everything to help you.

Everything was great except the heat. I'd recommend this hostel but maybe avoid Istanbul during the summer. The only downside is that the hostel doesn't really have extra facilities or activities and such like other hostels. But they make up for it with a really cute coffee shop and bench out front where people mingle and socialize. As for the staff, the nightshift front desk guy is especially helpful, maybe because nighttime isn't as busy, but if you ever need something, just ask Burak :)

• 16th Aug 2015

The world house hostel is located perfectly!! This is why I stayed there both at the beginning and the end of my trip to turkey. The staff is very helpful (special thanks to Filiz!) and we also enjoyed a lot the café which is right next to it. Rooms are air conditioned - an important detail in summer :)

Very good located and clean hostel with friendly stuff. Filiz on the information desk gave me always good information about Istanbul. Wold house Istanbul was a good choice.

• 14th Aug 2015

A great hostel, in a great location, in a great city. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• 14th Aug 2015

Great hostel took like over half an hour to check in as they were organizing the pub crawl which really sucked after a long 24 hours but other than that great! Coffee shop in the same building, perfect location, good vibes, good pub crawl I like it would go back

It gave off very good vibes and the staff knew anything that I wanted to know. They also gave great tips and made friends with all the guests. The cafe infront of the hostel also makes for a very good space for people to meet each other. By far one of the most memorable hostels I've stayed in.

The staff are super friendly and they have delicious coffee at a coffee bar attached to the building. The staff was also very accommodating and helpful, especially Filiz, who was super friendly and helpful, she made my experience in Istanbul so much better.

• 10th Aug 2015

Everything was even better of what i was especting. 100% burak

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel is in a Great Location. Especially if you have never been to Istanbul before as it is so central to get around and see the sites and is also in a busy location which meant we didn't feel vulnerable walking down empty streets. I like the fact it still has a Turkish feel. This was the only hostel I stayed in on my trip that was 8 bed and had a shared bathroom, but everyone was really nice and considerate. will 100% use them again if I head back to Istanbul.

• 7th Aug 2015

It was amazing ,nice people ,they give you all the information that you need , nice location ,good breakfast ,the people at the reception was so helpful, burak at the reception was amazing he gave me all the information that I needed I make me feel like home ,amazing hostel

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Hostel was great! Clean, friendly, and very secure. The neighborhood was great and sure easy to get to-if you got lost everyone knows where the Galata tower is, and the hostel is less than a block away. Burak and Burak led a great pub crawl on my first night. Will definitely be coming back!!

Good hostel in touristy part of Istanbul. Loads of activities organized, rooms protected by key-code locks and daily cleaning by friendly staff. Comes with good breakfast included!

Honestly the best hostel I have stayed at in all of Turkey! Burak was excellent at giving us suggestions on where to go. He also organised an outstanding pubcrawl. Kudos to you Burak if you are reading this! 14 bed dorms are very good. Air conditioned and spacious. We did have a squeaky bunk bed, but nothing that earplugs cant solve. Awesome atmosphere and in a perfect location to go to bars in the evening.

• 4th Aug 2015

I loved World House Hostel! The best part about the hostel is the location - it is in Galata which is a more authentic area in Istanbul. There are so many cool bars and cafes, and it is really close to Istiklal street (the main shopping strip). The vibe in Galata is awesome, and so much better than in the over crowded tourist centre. The staff are really friendly, the breakfast is nice, and the rooms are clean. There are also so many different types of people staying here! Keeps it interesting.

It's really wonderful youth hostel> If you need something don't hesitate to ask to Burat (one of the man at the reception), he has a perfect knowledge about the city, and he is very cool. The pub crawl, he organized, is really cool.

• 1st Aug 2015

I had an amazing stay here, pub crawls are a must, very close to taksim's main street and the nightlife area, great staff and a good common area

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5