World House Istanbul

Fabulous 2293 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2293 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
12th Sep 2017

This is a great hostel away from the tourist traps! My friend from Istanbul recommended this place & area, I can now see why. If you want to experience a cool part of Istanbul, the real Turkish people & life + hate being ripped off in tourist areas, this is for you! Great bars/restaurants around Istiklal and down in Kariköy. Easy tram or walk to Sultanahmet. Staff who made it: Hakan & Estefi Dorms all have views to Galata Tower. Love the window seats where you can watch the world go by :)

• elvinc
  • Azerbaijan, Male, 18-24
11th Sep 2017

Everything was perfect. Very recommended!

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
6th Sep 2017
7.4

It's a good hostel, but the rooms are cleaned very bad. Between my bed and the wall there was so many trash... it was disgusting. Very good stuff, besides the girl (not the argentine one) that made a very poor welcome when I arrive and during all my stay never said and "hello". Good breakfast as well, and the locations it's the best part, close to everything, shops, streets, restaurants...

2nd Sep 2017

Great hostel, right in the center of Galata. I had a lovely view of the tower from my room, and marveled at it's beauty for a while. There's a cozy common space on the first floor as well as a cafe out front which is great for people watching. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner, but otherwise no complaints here. Security is also good, as there's 24/7 reception and codes to get in both the downstairs door and each room.

31st Aug 2017

The hostel/ cafe were extremely nice! It was rather quite as I was there during a holiday. I have been working and traveling in hostels for years and have never had a more helpful/chill front desk person then Hamid. He had tons of tips on places to grab tea, and showed how to get around the neighborhood even when not on the clock

30th Aug 2017

I was planning to stay there only one night but after I've met w/ nice and helpful staff, (especially Stefi at the reception) I decided to extend my res. The hostel is located in the best area of Istanbul and pretty close to both touristic hot spots and night clubs. The area of the hostel is also safe even in the night. However hostel's breakfast and Turkish food based lunch is perfect, one of best restaurants and cheap snack bars are located around the hostel. It has also pretty coffee shop.

• uzumaki53
  • Japan, Male, 25-30
29th Aug 2017

This was my first stay in istanbul,and werent sure what to expect. Its was easy to find with the directions. It was close to everything. We walked all of the sites we wanted to see. Dorm was completly clean. When checking in the guys were friendly and gave me tons of advice/answerrd all my questions.you absolutely cant get a better deal for the $. I reccomend it %100. Special thanks to Hakan

• Germany, Male, 31-40
25th Aug 2017
4.3

I was really disapointet about a lot. I had a single room at the first floore and it was just a emty room. One little picture in It. The Toilet was broken and more dirt on it than on a puplic toilet in India. The Matress was so old and the Metallfeathers inside were hurting my hole Body. Some of the Stuff was very friendly and nice. Others were abolutly useless. The Breakfast was as cheap as posible. I can not reccomed this Hostel for a stay in Istanbul. Even if the place were it is is good.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
17th Aug 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here. It's the perfect central location between the old town and the nightlife area or Taxim. Staff are really friendly and will help you with anything you need.

• Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
14th Aug 2017

I really like the location, the view from the top floor, their breakfast and friendly staff.

×