World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

2015 Total Reviews

Good location to see the sights of old and new parts of the city. Everything you expect from a decent hostel; coffee shop attached was nice.

We stayed 3 days in a private room. The location is very good, near istaklal street and taxim. The stuff was very help full when we arrived, they described us the city and recommend us places to go. I loved the coffe shop next to the hostel. The only problem was that during the night was a little bit noisy the and you could listen easily all. The hostel was next to a mesquita, and from very early we wake up with the sound of the prayers. Except from that we had great time!

A very complete service, it is always a response for watever you could need. Such an experience to be there.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Overall a good, clean hosel with nice showers. Lockers were small, and don't use the washer and dryer. Washer didn't work properly and I had to put my clothes through three dryer cycles before they were even close to dry. If you fly into the SAW airport and get dropped off at the bus stop north of the hostel at night, consider taking a cab. The area north of the hostel is sketchy and some guy randomly tried to pick a fight with me at a crosswalk for no reason.

It is a basic hostel. The toilets were small, but that's just how Istanbul is. Getting to the hostel was very difficult. The metro station has 7 exits and the instructions are unclear on which one. I just spent a day so didn't get to really feel the place. The staff let me keep my and my friends' luggage for a few hours which was wonderful of them!

The wifi was really slow.

• 23rd Dec 2015

this hostel is truely awesome. all the receptionists are very friendly and helpful, food is good, atmosphere is great, location is the best. i love worldhouse hostel.

I'm really glad I've come to this hostel while I'm in Istambul, I'm really thankful with the crew, you've been so kind and you were always available to help me whenever I needed it, especially, I would like to than Ozan, Burak and Ercan!!!! :D. On the other hand, the pub crawls were so fun. I definetly had a great time at World House Istambul, such a great atmosphere. I´m coming back!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

i loved staying there. i was there for four days in 4 bed mixed room. the location is good. close to every thing plus its clean and i would highly recommend the pub crawl. made some good friends and had a great night on the pub crawl. internet could be a bit better. The azan(Muslim morning payer) in the morning is a bit annoying but than again you cant just move the mosque and its part of Istanbul.

i really liked it. if i will come back i send my nights at this hostel, but the reception guy of the night was so bad and rude. he was asleep on the couch when at 8:00AM.

This was a good hostel, very popular, lots of travelers which makes it great for meeting friends. Views are good too.

Simply amazing.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Good location. Can walk to all of the major sights easily. Decent but basic breakfast of eggs, bread, tea/instant coffee, fruit. Seemed very safe and had a nice vibe.

A very cozy hostel nestled in Istiklal street, ideally located 10 minutes walking distance from Taxim Square, and 15 minutes tram from Sultanahmet. Rooms and washrooms are clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I especially want to mention Ozan, his insight and knowledge about the city; be it the local haunts, important sights and activities or the night life, his tips and suggestions were spot on!

Everything was super fantastic. I like it and want to visit again.

Good people, central location and more than adequate breakfast. Definitely worth the price :)

Great location, breakfast and staff! Would definitely recommend

This is a decent hostel in a great location. The dorm rooms were clean and spacious, the common room was homely and comfortable, the staff were friendly and there is a great coffee shop downstairs. The wifi is inconsistent and needs some work but apart from this we had a great stay :)

Wanted to say that Burak, at the front reception area, was very helpful. I had to awaken at 4 AM to catch an early flight and I had lost my alarm clock. He was quite friendly and completely willing to walk up four flights of stairs to wake me up at this early morning hour. HE Was Great --a very helpful and professional fellow!

Everyone working at the hostel is super friendly and very helpful. Thanks to Burak for all the chit chats and tips. And special thanks to Ozan for the best conversation and advice! :) The hostel is highly recommended.