World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Lovely hostel. The coffee shop below is a very cozy feature, as is the room to hang out. Really nice section of town, and lovely view of Galatea tower. Clean, cozy, warm in the winter. Bring a padlock for the lockers, but otherwise, pretty perfect.

You shouldnt let couples to stay in the same shared room with other 4 people, or if the case be sure nobody is having intimacy in shared rooms for respectvto others

The communal area was also seating for a cafe open to the public. We were told by staff that drinking was not permitted anywhere in the hostel but that it was okay to drink on the street. When we did this a passerby went into the hostel to complain within 15 minutes. We were horrified and felt the hostel had failed drastically in their duty to educate us about local culture. Good location.

awesome place to stay! I recomende it!

It's very easy to find with welcoming atmosphere.

The beds are extremely noisy, and the rooms and bathrooms ugly. There was no water for one hour in the morning.

It is located in a very fun side of the city. Though you have to do a long walk uphill to get there but once you're there is all fun. Historical part of the city is walking distance from there. Staff is very helpful and full of information. Breakfast is good though it could be better.

Great hostel and staff. I am glad that I chose World House and definitely recommend.

Everything was super and the staff was more than helpful. Thank you!

I have to complain that the second floor's toilets and bathrooms are in a mess. The lights turn off every 15seconds sometimes even don't light again. The lock of the door sucks that you have to pull it with all your effort. But the room space is quite large. And the beddings, free breakfast and cheap lunch(10TL) are not bad. Location is great as well

The hostel is situated in the heart of the Istanbul's movida, at walking distance from the old town, restaurants, clubs and pubs. The personnel are very professional and kind. The structure is pretty good, kept clean around the clock and regularly maintained. Breakfast is included and is possible to have lunch for 10 turkish liras, around 4 euros. Moreover, from the top floor there is an amazing view of the Bosfor and the old town. Definitely a place to choose.

very pleasant venue and helpful staff excellent showers !!!!

World House Istanbul is awesome. It's in a great neighbourhood (Galata), the staff were super helpful and chill. The hostel itself was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was pretty solid as well. When I go back to Istanbul this place will be 1st on my list!

Staff are really nice, and show me the location and coach station, enjoying. Next time will come back.

This was my fifth stay at this wonderful hostel in the centre of Istanbul. Great value for money, lovely rooms (mine had a balcony with a great view) and nice staff including Dennis at the reception desk :)

I came from Dubai for a two day stay in Istanbul and I wanted to attend a concert. The tickets were sold out but on the day, Denniz from the front desk went with me to the venue door and helped me get a ticket! :) I was sooo happy to be able to attend it! Thank you so much and i am definitely reccomending the Hostel to my friends visiting the city!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

This hostel was really great. Very centrally located and a great place to meet other travelers. Very close to the night life and on one of the most active streets in Istanbul.

• 4th Dec 2014

I only stayed for three nights but absolutely enjoyed it. The location is the best of all. Right next to Galata Tower, 15 minutes walking distance to the New Mosque through Galata bridge, next to Istiqla and all the hustle and bustle of a city centre. Staff are all very friendly and helpful in terms of sorting out any needs of the travelers and giving out tips. People who stayed there all seem reasonable quiet and bubbly. A superb place to stay. Would like to stay there longer next time.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • China

My fourth time staying at this lovel hostel. Great location right in the centre, lovely atmosphere. Definitely recommended!

i realy enjoyed my way in world hostel, the location is amazing and easy acces to all the tourist site in the city! I needed to book a flight to belgium and Deniz helped me book and print my ticket and explained to me how to get to the airport! Realy appreciated the help!

• 30th Nov 2014