World House Istanbul Reviews

galip dede cad no:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Best hostel I've stayed in my many many trips throughout Europe by far. I was blown away by how helpful the staff was, the amazing location, how clean and comfortable the rooms were, and how elaborate the FREE traditional turkish breakfast was. Plus delicious turkish tea free ALL DAY! Seriously, it couldn't have been a better stay. I love the relationship between the hostel and the lovely coffee shop in the front, too. I will definitely stay at the World House Hostel next time I visit Istanbul.

• 30th Jun 2014

Excellent service, great location, helpful staff, delicious breakfast and clean bathrooms. Denıs ıs very frıendly.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Wonderful location to explore Istanbul! Felt safe and secure and staff were helpful!

• 27th Jun 2014

deniz is really lovely.

• 25th Jun 2014

Dennis and the staff are willing to help answer any questions and give suggestions. He even offered to help call a cab to the airport after we had checked out. Very helpful and great trip. Thanks Dennis!

• 24th Jun 2014

Just excellent ! :)

This hostel is very well located, just a few steps from Galata Tower. My room despite it was on the top floor (4th) and no elevator, it had an excelent view from the terrace, you can even see the New Mosque from there. The breakfast included was really good, best one I've had in a hostel. To improve I will say the lights on the escalators, they are automatic and some times they took a few extra seconds to activate, and the floor is kind of slippery.

The hostel was extremely helpful in making us feel comfortable and helping us to plan our trip in Turkey. The locks on the bathroom often didn't work and the light kept turning off but apart from that no complaints. Our friend Deniz was especially friendly and helpful, definitely have a chat to him, he is full of hilarious banter and travel tips.

• 21st Jun 2014

A pretty good value for money. The location of the hostel is great, in the middle of everything, little shops, kebabs, historical part of Istanbul. The staff was helpfull and kind. The room wasn't so great but for the little you sleep in this city it's all right. 4 am praying time haha ;) Wonderful city, that everybody should visit at least once. I recommend this hostel for young people 18-30.

Really great hostel! Wld recommend to anyone to stay there. Great atmosphere, Walking distance to all the important sites or just jump on a team if you want to get there quicker! Will be coming back here for sure!

Had a 5 person room but me and my friend were the only two in the room for three nights. Free breakfast was good. Wifi great! Location is perfect! Fun common room area. Had a window that faces street but it was not noisy at night. Great place!!!

The hotel is located in the heart of Istambul,close to the main attractions of the city. However the thing I really disliked about it was I stayed in a share bed room meant for four people however slept five.Besides I asked the receptionist if I could clean my clothes,he said yes,of course.When I did that The drying machine wasn't working so I asked another receptionist what could I do with my wet clothes? He told me that I dry them in the bedroom. That was like a joke.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. The dryer was indeed under reparation. It has been repaired now. About the fifth person sleeping in the dorm, I wish you had informed us, this happened without our knowledge.

I've stayed in more than a handful of hostels and hotels in Istanbul on multiple visits over many years. This hostel exceeds all of them on all fronts. By far the best. The cleanest, friendliest and best organised as well as being in a superb location. I'll be back for sure.

Our first night they overbooked our room (14 bed room), so they gave us our own private room for the night. The bunks were clean, and the bathrooms/showers were cleaned regularly. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Really fun atmosphere. The area was great; shopping and great restaurants all around, as well as a wonderful night life.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great atmosphere and great staff! The people in the hostel were definitely half the fun of the trip.

Thank you very much for the stay in Istanbul. Dennis at the front counter was very helpful, very friendly and full of great tips of where to go for a night out. Thanks again!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Dennis is the most helpful person I've met, and gave great recommendations of places to go for a range of activities. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel, we made some good friends and memories!

Great hostel with not only very helpfull, but, also, easy going and comunicative staff. Kudos to you, guys! Above all, thanks for the help when I got there with my smashed forehead! hahahah Cleaning was great, just like the food. The only problem is with the lockers: some of them were broken by the time I got there. Keep up the excelent work! Hope to see you guys again!

• 13th Jun 2014

great location, good proximity to night life and not far from the galata bridge to see the sights.. super friendly and helpful staff, especially Dennis.... being a gırl traveling alone i always felt safe in the area.

All in all my stay was an excelent experience.

• 10th Jun 2014