World House Istanbul Reviews

Sahkulu mah. Galip Dede cad. No:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Normal good hostel, the staff could be more helpful, but it is OK.

I loved to stay in World House Istanbul. Made great friends there, met great people... Everything was perfect ;-). Thx so much. Will come back.

Staying at the World House is the best option for any traveller who wants to experience Istanbul at its best:excellent location, clean rooms, really friendly and helpful stuff (especially Deniz, smart and funny guy) and a yummy breakfast, good to start the day! What more to ask!

Great location! Right next to Galata tower and plenty of food, stores, etc. Pretty easy walk to get to public transit. Secruity consisted keycodes to get into dorm section and then a code to get into the room. Other than that anyone can walk in. Front door is closed at night, but will be opened by someone if coming in late. Bathrooms were adequate. Not as clean as they claimed. Wifi was decent at times. You would always see someone hanging out underneath the router though. Staff was just fine.

The staff is very attentive and the location is in a beautiful, hip part of the city.

• 12th Oct 2014

I stayed this hostel for 3 nights.this hostel is located really good location so that you can walk to grandbazaar and mosques, wherever you want(main sights). every staffs are extremely helpful and friendly.they always help you out.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Japan

I enjoyed my stay at World House. The hostel is in a great location, walking distance to many of Istanbul's sights and lots of great bars and restaurants. The rooms were spacious and clean. Deniz and the staff were friendly and always happy to help out. The breakfast was simple but sufficient, although it doesn't start till 9:00am. The WiFi only worked in the common areas and was slow at times.

Great stay at World House Istanbul! Close by to the tram station to most of the key attractions in the city. Deniz at the reception was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout the stay, so much that I decided to book an extra night. Breakfast provided is simple but authentic Turkish fare, great way to start the day.

Hostel is located in a great area, close to a variety of cafes and quirky shops. Security is mediocre, it was key code access and we felt as though too many knew our room access code. The staff were fairly helpful, but not the most accommodating at times. Overall mediocre experience.

A very good hostel considering the price. Clean, good breakfast en helpfull staff

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great place to stay for the long layovers at Turkish airlines. Shuttle service they arranged was perfect.

Good location, just a few meters beside the historical galata tower, on a crowded street. Staff are nice, solve your problems and early check in. The room is clean and has strong wifi. The view from the window is also awesome. Complain nothing.

World House is the reason my stay in Istanbul was so fantastic. Dennis was so helpful and proactive with shuttle arrangements and tour bookings. I look forward to my next trip and will stay at World House.

I could write an essay on why this hostel was perfect but due to space constrains I will just concentrate on the outstanding staff. The reception team were super friendly, accommodating, helpful, funny and ridiculously good looking. The fabulous cleaning ladies were out of this world and kept the place spotless all day. I loved coming back here and seeing all their beautiful faces. Thanks for making Istanbul feel like home! x x x E

World House is a great place to stay and meet people. Staying at this hostel certainly added to my Istanbul experience is the best way. The staff was amazing and a Big Thank you to Dennis for all his help with answering our many questions and taking us out a great pub crawl and chatting the mornings away with us. If I ever make it back to Istanbul I will certainly be staying at World House. Thanks guys :)

• 12th Sep 2014

We actually booked dormitory, but since they were overbooked we got an apartment directly in front of the Galata tower without additional charge! The staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a problem with the washing machine, it was solved quickly. Unfortunately it wasn't as easy to meet people in the apartment, but they asked us if it is fine for us so can't complain. Overall a great experience! Can recommend!

Location is great. Staff was nice, helpful and truly amazing. Will def stay there again when in Instanbul!

Good location withing walking distance to many of the main tourist sites, staff (Deniz & Pinar and others) were helpful at providing info and booking tours! The free bfast was good.

• 11th Sep 2014

This is a great place to stay and meet other travellers. The staff are really friendly and helpful and always around to answer questions and help you discover Istanbul. Had a great time here. Will return again. Thanks everyone!

EXCELLENT location. Nice staff. Basic accommodations, but very clean and nice.

• 5th Sep 2014