World House Istanbul Reviews

galip dede cad no:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Always nice to stay at this hostel (that was the 3. time I slept there in 3 years). It's just perfect - location, staff, breakfast, value for your money...so I think I will come back again in the future :) I really recommend it for everybody!

Great hostel

• 4th Jul 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff, plus well-organised facilities... padlocked lockers, hygienic toilets, user-friendly timetables for breakfast, etc. Toilets are small - but clean. Well situated, and they solved any question or problem I had. Thanks for helping me find a place to dance tango!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Spain

This is simply one of the best hostels I've stayed at. From the check-in to the check-out the staff were so SO friendly always looking forward to your needs and requests. The sharing area its really nice and it makes it easier to meet new people. Also, the breakfast was really good and typical, always a pleasure to wake up for this nice turkish food. The location is perfect, walking distance to everywhere. The rooms were clean and bathrooms as well.

nice hostel within walking/tram distance of all the major sites. all you can eat buffet in the morning was awesome!

100^100% recommend this hostel! The rooms were clean, the atmosphere was great, the fellow guests were fun and friendly, and most of all the staff was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Deniz was especially amazing - he took us on a super cool pub crawl, and took me to a hospital the next day (unrelated incidents!). Great location, right next to Galata Tower, Karakoy, Istiklal Street, Taksim Square - anything you want, it's a stone throw away from World House! Would definitely stay here again :)

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Lovely hostel. Deniz was helpful

• Austria

Best hostel I've stayed in my many many trips throughout Europe by far. I was blown away by how helpful the staff was, the amazing location, how clean and comfortable the rooms were, and how elaborate the FREE traditional turkish breakfast was. Plus delicious turkish tea free ALL DAY! Seriously, it couldn't have been a better stay. I love the relationship between the hostel and the lovely coffee shop in the front, too. I will definitely stay at the World House Hostel next time I visit Istanbul.

• 30th Jun 2014

Excellent service, great location, helpful staff, delicious breakfast and clean bathrooms. Denıs ıs very frıendly.

• South Africa

Best location. Comfy beds. Air conditioning. Great breakfast. Helpful and awesome staff. Great value for the money would stay here again for sure. Wifi is good downstairs.

I really enjoyed my stay. I was in one of the 14 bed dorms which was clean and super spacious. The staff were always happy to help and breakfast and lunch were great! The location of the hostel was perfect. The Old City is of course, amazing, but staying in Beyoglu was the highlight of my trip. I also met some great people here. It had such a friendly vibe. The cafe was excellent too!

• 28th Jun 2014

Wonderful location to explore Istanbul! Felt safe and secure and staff were helpful!

• 27th Jun 2014

deniz is really lovely.

• 25th Jun 2014

Dennis and the staff are willing to help answer any questions and give suggestions. He even offered to help call a cab to the airport after we had checked out. Very helpful and great trip. Thanks Dennis!

• 24th Jun 2014

Just excellent ! :)

This hostel is very well located, just a few steps from Galata Tower. My room despite it was on the top floor (4th) and no elevator, it had an excelent view from the terrace, you can even see the New Mosque from there. The breakfast included was really good, best one I've had in a hostel. To improve I will say the lights on the escalators, they are automatic and some times they took a few extra seconds to activate, and the floor is kind of slippery.

The hostel was extremely helpful in making us feel comfortable and helping us to plan our trip in Turkey. The locks on the bathroom often didn't work and the light kept turning off but apart from that no complaints. Our friend Deniz was especially friendly and helpful, definitely have a chat to him, he is full of hilarious banter and travel tips.

• 21st Jun 2014

A pretty good value for money. The location of the hostel is great, in the middle of everything, little shops, kebabs, historical part of Istanbul. The staff was helpfull and kind. The room wasn't so great but for the little you sleep in this city it's all right. 4 am praying time haha ;) Wonderful city, that everybody should visit at least once. I recommend this hostel for young people 18-30.

Really great hostel! Wld recommend to anyone to stay there. Great atmosphere, Walking distance to all the important sites or just jump on a team if you want to get there quicker! Will be coming back here for sure!

Had a 5 person room but me and my friend were the only two in the room for three nights. Free breakfast was good. Wifi great! Location is perfect! Fun common room area. Had a window that faces street but it was not noisy at night. Great place!!!