World House Istanbul Reviews

galip dede cad no:85, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed at World Hostel for 4 nights in the large dorm and had a great time! My biggest request would be that you fix the broken lockers.

I had a great time at the hostel. The location between old town and the bars near Taksim square is a great compromise.The other travelers were friendly and the staff was really helpful, especially Pelin with whom I had the opportunity to speak French!

Great location-not far from key sites including the Blue Mosque, and very close to great restaurants along the Istiklal. The hostel itself is nicely furnished, spacious rooms and well kept. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and attract travallers keen to seen the cultural and historical areas of interest in Istanbul.

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Amazing! Extremely convenient location for exploring Istanbul. Great security. Clean, neat, and tidy. Tastefully decorated. Friendly and helpful staff. Great WiFi access. And they served a big, delicious, complimentary breakfast every morning. All for a very good price.

• 23rd Nov 2013

I had a great time at this hostel. I wasn't a guest for very long but it was easy to get to know the guests and staff and it was very close to a lot of cool places to go out. Had a good chat at night with some of the guests and the receptionist, I think it was Denis. And no problems with security or beds or anything like that, despite being next to a busy part of town, Overall a very friendly hostel and i wish I could find places like this in every city :p

We felt very welcomed by the staff, especially Pelin who helped us finding many services in the city. The location is ideal , between the swinging Taksim square and the old city. I will definitely return there

Great hostel! Awesome location only about 5min walking from tons of nightlife, can walk to the bosporus and galata. Very clean, loved the punch-code security system, was actually pretty convenient. One of the best hostel breakfasts I've had. Staff was also (mostly) great!! Not much I'd change, will definitely recommend to friends.

We were very happy at the World House. The location right at Galata tower is really great, close to the tram station and Galata bridge. The facilities were always clean and available. The airport transfer from and to Atatürk International also worked without problems. The empoyees at the reception were always there and helpful (thanks to Pelin for the help with the online check-in and printing boarding passes).

I've stayed at WH three times in the past couple of months. This is definitely my first choice hostel in Istanbul. The location is ideal- right near istiklal, the main shopping and club street, a short walk to the Bosphorus/sites. The rooms are clean (and recently renovated! the dorm beds now all have their own private reading light and outlet) and bright. Always attracts interesting and friendly people, and the staff can't be beat. stay here!!!

The Manager was really nice and helpful. Perfect english and very pro!

• 25th Oct 2013

The staff were really helpful, especially Denis who showed us around the town!

• South Africa

The hostel was great. Its very good to meet people, I was traveling alone and ı met lots of nice persons from everywhere. ıts also very well located to experience the Istambul life. The staff was very helpful specially Deniz.

Very nice and cozy (gezellig) hostel!

• 25th Oct 2013

The staff were excellent; especially the night staff. Shout out to Deniz and Kadir who were extremely helpful, socialable and courteous throughout my week+ at World House

• 23rd Oct 2013

Its a nice place, helpful staff and have that kind of feeling that you want from a hostel. I miss a guest kitchen, terrace and the wifi was a bit slow i some part of the house. Also a bit cold in the nights when i was there in October. But i would recommend you go there anyway!

In spite of the fact that the hostel provided amazing facilities and amenities, the staff--particularly Deniz and Kadir, went out of their way to help me with finding food and travel information about other sites in istanbul.. World class service.

• 20th Oct 2013