World Square Hostel Reviews

640 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Good place to meet people; central location; clean rooms. Nothing to complain about, really - just bring earplugs, as some of the rooms receive street noise in a bad way.

• 6th Mar 2014

Very nice friendly young staff who were very helpful. Facilities adequate, Cleaning lady was fantastic and friendly. Did a good job with what she had to work with. Noise level from street unavoidable but management could keep bar noise to a more acceptable level in the interests of paying guests rather than look after punters enjoying cheap drinks till the wee hours. Overall tho better than I first thought after the first night. Out late most nights and slept ok during mornings.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Good hostel in central location, really spacious rooms, free wifi, nice/clean kitchen. Would definitely recommend staying here!

4 bed share on the streetside, very loud, no aircon, window has to be open to get a little bit of air, but than too much noise. No fan and only 1 powerpoint with a powerboard, next to another sleeping peron. Showers big, toilet clean, bar noise couldn't be heard in the room on level 5.

• 12th Feb 2014

Very nice hostel in Sydney CBD, very comfy 6 beds dorm, clean shared bathroom with even the little detail (for the ladies) hair dryer and straightener. Free wifi which is not the case in other backpacker in Sydney. The only hic was the noise, if your room is on the street side of it, you'll have an epic night :( of only they'd invest in new Windows that'll be perfect

• 10th Feb 2014

I was sitting on my bed when I saw a huge COCKROACH on my bag. Trying to get in. 5 minutes later, I was shocked to notice that there was an even bigger one on my pillow, and walking around my bed. When I got down to reception to ask for repellant, no one was at the desk. I waited for 10 minutes, still no one came (funny they said reception open 24h...) When you eat in the kitchen, there are loads of insects on the walls. The bottom of the fridges are disgusting. Incredibly disappointing.

• 4th Feb 2014

Carpet in dorm needed cleaning also very hot on 5th level.

• 1st Feb 2014

Great location and safe! Only thing I didn't like was the small cockroaches running along the railings of my top bunk which only come out at night!!

I liked my stay in this hostel though the nightclub on the first floor does make a lot of noise if you want to sleep after a long flight.

When I arrived I had to wait about 10-15 minutes to be checked in but that didn't fuss me, the girl on reception gave me the free wifi code to get straight online while I was waiting. When I got into my dorm, someone had been sick down the side but as soon as I told reception they got it cleaned up straight away and were really apologetic. The dorm is a decent size, lockers are handy. Kitchen and bathrooms both decent. The bar & club are great too!

This hostel is well placed in the middle of Sydney. Friendly staff. Very small kitchen. No aircon. But good for 2 nights. Very loud if you sleep towards the street.

Pretty standard, bathroom was small and old, no fans or a/c in the rooms and the bar stunk. Great location though!

• 7th Jan 2014

Pros: Good location, nice staff and price was OK (for Sydney). Security was good although it was a pain having keycard access to bathrooms. Cons: Room extremely hot with no fan - very difficult to sleep and so noisy with window open. Bed was the most uncomfortable I have EVER had in a hostel, with springs sticking into us literally everywhere - OUCH! Cleanliness not the best - there was a cockroach in our room and in the ladies bathroom the sanitary bin was overflowing with tampons etc...

great value hostel in sydney. my fave alround hostel and i stayed in the 18 bed dorm, it was huge, loads of space and lockefs under the beds! definatly recommend

• 4th Jan 2014

There was only one toilet and two showers on each floor which wasn't enough, especially as there was 7 other girls in my room. The showers did not drain. The bedrooms and kitchen had cockroaches everywhere.

• 27th Dec 2013

Clean, spacious and in the center.

No fans in the room is very poor. We ended up buying our own. Wouldn't stay here again.

Really dirty, the rooms had carpet flooring and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages! It was also very hot, when its 27degrees outside, opening a window won't change much. And I was really disappointed that their was no free breakfast.

If you want a party hostel, next to nightclubs and bars, then this is the one for you. If you're here for one night before a flight and just want to sleep, this is not for you. Nightclub is very very loud, windows are wide open and face George Street/Liverpool street, and it is extremely loud. And they stuffed up booking and instead of giving us the 6 bed dorm we asked for, they split us up.

only stayed 2 nights, but had a good time