World Square Hostel Reviews

640 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

For the price I paid, I was extremely impressed. The bathrooms are clean and I was pleasantly surprised by the showers which were clean, warm and powerful. The staff could be friendlier but they show great care. The wifi was down during my visit so we got free dinner each night!

• 13th Jun 2015

Very accommodating in that the staff worked hard to get our group of 6 into a room together just a few days before our arrival. The bathrooms were cleaned well each morning and we had no issues with the other guests. No AC or heating so our room was a bit chilly in the winter but it was manageable when the windows were closed. I would recommend this hostel for it's location and general cleanliness.

Great location, great hostel, great everything except the beds are pretty uncomfortable. I would recommend bringing a sleeping bag to lay down so you don't feel the springs...

• 26th May 2015

World square was my first stop in Australia traveling alone and I couldn't have been happier, I extended my stay twice. super easy to make friends, staff were friendly and the free bar crawls were a lot of fun. Wifi was down but it wasn't really a problem cause you can get it from the bar downstairs. Make sure you use the free bus on George St. Great vibe would stay again for sure.

• 22nd May 2015

It was not worth the money that I paid to stay there. A few months back I visited Sydney and spent $80 at Wake Up Hostel and the accommodations were much, much better than at World Square Hostel. World Square Hostel was very dirty, smelled awful, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and our room smelled like cigarette smoke. I will never stay there again.

• 22nd May 2015

The hostel was okay. There was nothing great about it other than the location but there also wasn't anything too drastically terrible about it either. I will say that when we walked into Reception it smelled like a Fraternity house after a party. The floor was sticky with beer and the smell kind of carried throughout the hostel. I mean you get what you pay for.

• 17th May 2015

While the site mentions the hostel has a bar in the same building (which is fairly common) it doesn't mention that this is closer to a club and on a Friday night you will be unable to sleep until gone 3am as even staying on the top floor the bass was unbearable. My bed was basically springs and there wasn't even any wifi as this was down as well. While the rooms were clean the shower was pretty mank and the overall feel was very cheap.

• 15th May 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, amazing location, clean, comfortable beds and all facilities at disposition .

• 11th May 2015

Great location in the middle of the city. Good sized rooms with comfy beds, good showers and all were very clean. With a bar down stairs, you have to show your key card when returning in the evening. The bouncers can be intimidating. It would be nice if the staff informed me of this situation on arrival. Great price. I'd stay again.

It was a great place to stay. I was traveling alone and loved staying here

• 7th May 2015

Pretty basic hostel, clean rooms and toilets but no aircon which could be a problem in summer! Wifi only works on reception level which is a bit of a pain! Can be noisy if you have a room looking on to George street but can't really complain about that if your looking for a hostel with excellent CBD location which this is! Overall good stay

• 5th May 2015

Such a good one! The staff were all really great and the location is unbeatable, right in the centre and everyting you need is super close. Plus the bar downstairs has the cheapest drinks in town. I'll definitely be back!

Good value for money!

Friendly staff

Location and the hostel was fantastic. The staff were great very helpful and patient. Bar down stair was very so much fun also!

• 25th Apr 2015

The lovely blonde girl on reception was really helpful! The rooms are okay. I was in 401 for a night and the room leaked all night in the rain and made the room very damp and cold. The hair dryer in the bathroom was cold so not very useful. The wifi only worked in the reception area which is a bit annoying. A clothes rail with some hangers on a room would be great!! Great location in the city! Clean kitchen but not many utensils, plates etc

good location in Sydney. cheap for expensive sydney.. staff is super friendly! only negative point is that the lobby area turns into a bar/disco on Friday and Saturday nights. no place to just hang and sleeping becomes impossible in the 18bed dorm till the bar closes.

Really noisy

Right in the centre of Sydney, so close to everything, and such good value. The bar downstairs was fun and so cheap!!! All the staff were really, really nice and helpful. The kitchen, bathroom, lounge and bedrooms were all clean and good. Wish I could have stayed there for longer and will definitely be back when I'm in Sydney :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Antigua And Barbuda

Kitchen was soo hot it wasn't enjoyable to cook! Elevator was broken..Otherwise the hostel was good and mostly clean, very good location only 5 min from city centre

• 24th Mar 2015