World Square Hostel Reviews

640 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

The lovely blonde girl on reception was really helpful! The rooms are okay. I was in 401 for a night and the room leaked all night in the rain and made the room very damp and cold. The hair dryer in the bathroom was cold so not very useful. The wifi only worked in the reception area which is a bit annoying. A clothes rail with some hangers on a room would be great!! Great location in the city! Clean kitchen but not many utensils, plates etc

Really noisy

Right in the centre of Sydney, so close to everything, and such good value. The bar downstairs was fun and so cheap!!! All the staff were really, really nice and helpful. The kitchen, bathroom, lounge and bedrooms were all clean and good. Wish I could have stayed there for longer and will definitely be back when I'm in Sydney :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Antigua And Barbuda

Kitchen was soo hot it wasn't enjoyable to cook! Elevator was broken..Otherwise the hostel was good and mostly clean, very good location only 5 min from city centre

• 24th Mar 2015

The place is right in the middle of the city, nice and friendly staff behind the desk. free wifi in the common area, night club over the weekend which made noise upstairs however, I didn't mind.

• 24th Mar 2015

Pros - Location is hard to beat being a short walk from the central train station, staff are really friendly & helpful, lockers for bags etc in rooms which is also a massive plus. Fairly cheap for Sydney central area. Cons - Unfortunately wifi is only in the common room and is not great when it is working. Also the lift wasn't working when I stayed which sucked being on the top floor. Also there were cockroaches in the common room and living area which is never the best sign.

Excellent, excellent location central to everything in the cbd to walk comfortably. Rooms on the top floor are far enough from the bar to be quiet.

The hostel is right on the busiest street in Sydney which was perfect for us but with no air con our Windows opened onto the street which was very noisy, but I slept through it all so it wasn't a problem for me, a very social hostel if you're looking to party especially in the 18 bed room, we had a great weekend here, wasn't the cleanest but you get used to that when your travelling!

This hotel was fantastic in terms of location as you are close to everything , however the floors were dirty, there was damp everywhere , the carpets were wet and the roof was leaking, roommate saw a cockroach in the dorm and cockroaches also in the kitchen. Not easy to mix and socialise with other backpackers and windows didn't close properly. Some rooms stank more then others. cheap drinks at bar and full of weirdos not recommended for the mature travellor . Good for quick stay not for long

I understand no aircon, but no fans ? It was quite warm, and there was no wifi in the designated wifi area and the staff didn't seem to care.

• 18th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay but was annoid that you couldn't add on nights unless you booked.

Smells old alcohol a lot in the common room but still really enjoyed my stay! Especially because of the people I met there.

We stayed one night in a dorm, on a Friday, so the noise was pretty intense with the pubs/clubs down the road and with the bar on level 1 which made the walls shake a little on level 2... That being said, we slept very well, even without earplugs but that depends on your sleeping skills, I guess :-) The 18-people dorm was really spacious and clean. Free wifi came in handy as well.

Staff were excellent, booked here to stay on my own. Met some new friends and had a great laugh. Will definitely be staying here again when I come back to visit.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

If location matters to you this is it. Absolutely loved it. Go up Liverpool st 3min and you're at Hyde park. Down Liverpool st 5min: darling harbour. Down George street 10min: central station. Up George street 15-20min: circular quay. Noisy from the street below and sometimes from the hostel bar, didn't bother us but we tend to sleep no matter how loud the surroundings.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

A few cockroaches in bathroom, very loud as its on Main Street, no air con/fan... Generally run down and grim vibe

Good for money! Wifi works only at lobby though. Monday night out was amazing!

very good location. Close to everything. Staff are great. It can be a bit noisy in the evening. Earplug is recommended.

The hostel is very central in George Street, so its loud during the night but I could still sleep well and I was in a 18 bed room. at the reception was always someone and kitchen and bathrooms were clean. I would stay there again.

I loved the vibe of the hostel and the staff were exceptionally friendly and informative. 18 bed dorm room can get really smelly even with the windows open! the club is pumping down stairs until the early morning so not good for travellers who want an early night in! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3