Worldwide Backpackers Reviews

291 The Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand

A cracking place tomeet people and explore wellington from.

Good place to stay close to town. The room I was in was very small with 2 bunk beds.

Got minimal sleep due to the partying in other dorms and sexual activity until the early hours (6am). Wouldn't recommend to anyone, will not be visiting again. Left the premises at 6.30am without staying the already paid for 2nd night, instead choose and paid for alternative accommodation.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

This was the sevens weekend and was extremely busy and we had a number of people that normally would not stay in a backpackpackers .

Very helpful staff (French guy)

This hostel was a comfortable and clean place to stay. It was a bonus to have free wifi though the system seemed unnecessarily complicated and the staff seemed really burdened to give me a log-in. The location is good but not great, it's a bit of a walk to all the sights of Wellington. Overall a refreshing break from the party hostel scene which makes up most of NZ.

Nice hostel. The owner was very accommodating and let me cancel a night past the cut off time. I got upgraded to a cool lofted bed, which was much better than the really cramped room in the basement. Was hardly enough space for us to walk in, even without bags. Maybe get some shelves or hooks?

I would not recommend this hostel The mattress I had was horrible I could feel every spring. There are a lot of longturm guests staying here and that does not help the atmophere for people staying short turm. Cleanliness ais average at best. There was a room key in the lock of my dorm door during the two nights I stayed there. I left the key at the reception when I left. There is no real controle cotrole on who enters the hostel.