Wow Colosseum Reviews

Via Principe Umberto 77, Rome, Italy

Friendly environment. The stay is just like homestay. The hostel is near to the metro but little bit far if you choose to walk to the sites. Anyway, I like here.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • China

The hostel is not far from Termini Railway Station, quite a good place to take train. It's not that far from The Coloseum, about 20 mins' walk. Not far away, there is a supermarket. And there is a super ice cream shop named G. Fassi, the price is decent. Love it so much. Pistachio is the best flavour. Haha. The host and hostess are very very nice and pleasant to talk with. They are helpful and sweet.

Run by a guy and his girlfriend; friendly people. Hostel is a 3rd floor appartment that has 3 rooms, a bathroom and kitchen. It's their house. That's all ok, area is small and they tendens to smoke on balcony next to kitchen, so hallway sometimes smells like smoke. We were charged extra city tax on top of our total price as given by Hostel World, which we disputed at hostel which we then did not have to pay. Location is ok! Colloseum 15min Walk, metro 5min, station 10min.

The owners are very nice and helpful, facilities were above my expectations for the price. Close to the train station, supermarket, metro station, and 15 min. walking from the Colosseum.

Without doubt the cleanest guesthouse i've ever been. It was very sunny, spacey, only 10 minutes walking to the Colosseum and cleaned every single day, cleaner than my home ;). Unbelievable. You also get great Arabica coffee in the morning and a chocolate croissant. The couple who runs it is very very friendly. On my last night in Rome i planned to stay at the airport to catch my early flight, but i got a bad cold and they were so kind to let me stay on their couch for a few hours. THANK YOU!!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Smokers! And only 1 toilet for 8 or 9 people. The one WC is in the bathroom! If you must leave at 06:15 to the airport, someone else takes a shower from 6 till 06:25... improvisation! Gelu (Armenian) and Andrea SMOKE mostly on the balcony but the smoke enters, irritates. He can't understand this. Seems calm but explosive, provoking character. Andrea ( Rumania) is a kind woman. Kitchen: 1 cooking pot , 1 damaged casserole, old plastic dishes, 2 knifes. No fresh bread. Lot of noise: busy street.

though at first sight it may not seem really secure because of the location it's one of the best hostals I ve ever been, of course it also depends on your purpose of visiting rome if you are looking for a nice , quiet and comfortable place to stay in which you can get a good sleep then this is a perfect option, it's 10 min walking from the colosseum and 5 min walking from the metro, it has a marketplace crossing the street and 3 blocks away from a pizza inn where there is a delicious pizza

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I wasn't so sure about staying in a Hostel but Wow Colosseum change my mind! Andrea and her husband are the nicest people I have met. The place was clean and nice Had an amazing location I have no complains and if I'm ever in Rome again that's my place of choice. There you will feel like your at home ❤️

• 11th Feb 2015

When my friend and I first arrived I admit we were a little disappointed as to the area the hostel is in. But as time went on it grew on us! Not the safest area, but we found traveling together to be quite safe. On the plus side, there is a metro station very close by that will take you just about anywhere in Rome. The hostel security itself is spot on; we felt very safe in our room. Andrea(owner) is amazing, so get to know her! She'll tell you cool stories and all the best places to go! Enjoy!

• 10th Feb 2015

Me encantó pasar el fin de semana con ustedes, muchas gracias!

Hosts were excellent!! Very friendly, funny, and helpful!! Very clean. Central heating, which was nice in the evening. About a 20-30 minute walk to main sites and train station, but also close to metro stop for alternative transport options. Great location for restaurants.

• 22nd Jan 2015

More like staying in a house then a hostel really fantastic staff and very clean. See you next time im in Rome! XD

• 8th Jan 2015

Very nice B&b!!! Jelo and Andrea are so cool!!!

Andrea and Gianni were very nice and friendly, we enjoyed staying there for our three days visit to Rome.

• 4th Jan 2015

When I stayed in this hostel with my sister Jello and Andrea treated us like family. They took into account that we were girls and as they didn`t have female rooms available they put us in a private room. We had a very conformable bed, breakfast during the whole morning and a super clean bathroom. We became really close to them as we stayed for one week and they were always talking to us, helping with any issue and telling funny stories. Thanks a lot Andrea and Jello. Nat and Rai.

• 30th Dec 2014

Suuuuuper suuuuper

We had a very good experience on this hotel. The owner is very friendly and helped us every time we asked. The breakfast is a "do it yourself" breakfast, with some croissants (industrialized ones) and coffe/tea/capuccino facilities. You can have your breakfast anytime, though. Highly recommeded.

I spent three days at Wow Colosseum and it has been the perfect hostel. It is very close to the Colosseum, just a 10 min walk and thus I walk to all further sights. The hostel itself is very clean with a kitchen where you can cook as well as the couple running the hostel are the best hosts ever. If there were any questions I was always very welcome to ask at any hour of the day. We had dinner together and great conversations. Perfect place to stay when you visit Rome. Great atmosphere and vibes.

• 15th Dec 2014

It was already midnight, I couldnt do anything, so I have a choice stay there or at the train station, I stayed for one night there and went to another hostel. That was the worst place I have ever seen!!!!!

Only a 10 minute walk away from Termini, this hostel is actually more of a B&B. The owner was fantastic, super accommodating, friendly, and loved to chat – he made our stay that much better. It's only a block away from the grocery store, and about another 10-15 minutes to the Colosseum. Can't say enough good things about the place. The only problem was that the hot water was broken in the shower when we were there. If you're looking for an affordable, quiet, and well situated place, this is it.

• 19th Nov 2014