Wow Colosseum Reviews

Via Principe Umberto 77, Rome, Italy

This place was a wonderful place to stay. It was located near the main train station, a grocery store and about a 10 min walk from the Coliseum. Not to mention, the metro station that takes you to The Vatican is nearby as well. Andrea was really helpful with advice and directions and was very hospitable during my stay.

• 22nd Jul 2014

very friendly staff, giving advices to help you on your tour in rome, the hostel was also very safe and clean

• 18th Jul 2014

Location is close to termini terminal, The owner is very nice , very good spanish,, he makes you feel at home. There are 3 baths for 3 rooms and they are very clean, Kitchen is small but it just for 3 room so I think is OK. Not a party hostel. No lockers in room and No social area, it is just the rooms the kitchen that's it, and the owner is always there. Its also in a 1st floor so is convenient for heavy luggage Nice place in general

Super cool place to be. The MOST convenient location, literally down the road from the Colosseum (and next to the shops - important!). The owner and his girlfriend are really nice and accommodating and most of the people passing through are easygoing so it's good for solo travellers. No lockers but it's a small place and the owners always around and you wouldn't mess with him so I always felt comfortable.

Excellent staff! :)

• 6th Jul 2014

Definitely the BEST PLACE IN ROME, no no, IN ITALY!!! IN EUROPE! I can't imagine a better staff, cleaner and secure place to be in rome. The staff is the most amazing friendly I've ever seen. The guys there is great, he even watched the game with us. I met really cool people over there. Just awesome. If you want a nice experience in rome, go there!

Staff were friendly and provided useful local knowledge however the rooms could have had either lockers or at least a lock on the door, the two doors into the hostel were secure internally however there was very little security. Fortunately everyone I met was great and no one had anything stolen, really depends who you end up meeting though I suppose.

The hostel is in a good area and in walking distance to almost everything in rome. I felt very safe. The guy running the place is super duper friendly and makes the hostel much more pleasant and inviting! I'd definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Jun 2014

I loved this hostel! Very humble and clean. One of my favorite places to stay. A few blocks away from Termino and another few blocks away from the Colosseum and all of Rome! The hostel owner was super friendly and nice. He made the stay at the hostel so much better. He laughed and joked with me as well as the other travelers. As soon as I got there it was too early to check in but he let me put my things down and gave me a map of the city and recommended places to go. So helpful. I will return!

The guy who ran the the hostel was very and understanding and cool even if sometimes he was kind of hard to understand. He makes sure to show you how to get around and what there is to see.The hostel itself is incredibly clean and it is only a few blocks from the colosseum and a great pizza place. The facicilties are a bit lacking, basically you can boil water and not much more but they provide some snacks tea and coffee. Overall great experience and I would stay again. -Chico

Good location. Close walk to cheaper non-touristy restaurants, metro stops, and a short walk to the Colosseum. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Speaks great English and Spanish.

The customer service could have been better. Whenever someone does a question/requirement some of the staff acts as if it was such an effort or big favor to ask. Apart from this, the location of this hostel is ideal. Close to everything from the train station to all the attractions. No need for buses. This hostel also offers a free walking tour on 2 different routes. It is worth join them as it allows you to familiarize yourself with the city history as well where everything is. Cleanliness is g

Stayed in a 3 bedroom mixed room which had bathroom which was nice and the man who ran the place seem nice enough and gave me all the info I needed. However I didn't feel entirely safe here. I ended up carrying my bag around with me anywhere because the door to my room always seemed to be open. On the second night I was told I would be sleeping alone until a family on the same floor seemed to have a key to my door and were just unlocking it to use the bathroom and crashing on the spare beds!

ciao john sorry to say but I do not know what apartment was you believe you were somewhere else I team waited until 2 am even not called, only you know where you've been

In spite of only staying a night at this hostel, I've found it really nice with a good location 10 minutes from the termini station so therefore close to the center. The really nice couple managing the hostel was really nice and friendly and they helped me with giving me directions to the sea and telling me about the main points I can visit. The place is really clean and nice and is a great value for the money. If I ever come back to Rome here is where I will be staying. Thanks guys!

• 29th May 2014
  • Romania

This doesnt really was a hostel, it was more like a couple of private rooms. But this wasnt bad, cause the hostel had gretr facilities and big, comfortable and clean rooms. At first the owner seemed really crazy, but after the first day we got to know him better and hes a really nice guy.

The owners kept everything clean, and the place was safe, which are really the most important things.

• 25th May 2014

Attended by the owners, who are really familiar people...they threat you even as a son ;)

• 24th May 2014
  • Colombia

Funny couple owns the apartment. Very chill and provide everything.

Gelu was a great host, very friendly, always present and ready to help with advice about everything (things to see, where to go, how to go). He changed our room so we didn't have to stay with people potentially noisy also. Everything was nice and clean, sheets, showers and bathroom. The hostel is also central, close to Termini station, very easy access to metro, buses and walking distance from colosseum also. Good value vs price all in all. Thank you!

nice place, nice people. i stayed well there. reccomended!

• 27th Apr 2014