Wow Colosseum Reviews

Via Principe Umberto 77, Rome, Italy

It was a nice place! Andrea is a very nice person. The place was clean and nice Had an amazing location I have no complains and if I'm ever in Rome again that's my place of choice.

Very nice place to stay, close to the Termini Station, you can go anywhere in Rome from there, walking or by metro. Andrea is very kind and nice.

• 7th May 2015

Staff was very nice and the place is quite secured. But the building location is a bit sketchy.

• 5th May 2015

We were there 3 years ago. It was a nice place! Andrea is a very nice person. I would like to go back Rome and I will definitely went back to wow colossewn.

Pretty good hostel stay, place was really hard to find. Took me three hours to locate and it's barely a 10 minute walk from the train station. No signs in front of door telling you there is a hostel. It's definitely not $6 a night like stated, this has been the most expensive hostel I've stayed at. The only reason I picked it was for the location, about a 15-20 minute walk from the colosseum. Breakfast was not even a breakfast, just a couple boxes of cookies and a load of bread. Clean and quiet.

I stayed 4 night in this hostel. I chose it for 3 reasons : good price ; good location ; reception 24/24h. I arrived at 00:00 from the termini station, it's like 10 min by foot. This area isn't really touristic so there don't have lots of people in the street but it's look pretty safe for me. There are some restaurants and a supermarket really close. It possible to visit all the touristic places in the city from here just by foot. Colosseum 20 min, metro station 5 min. To sum up I recommend it.

I enjoyed my time at this hostel and thought it had a very homey feel. There hostess is very friendly and helpful and it is in a great location for restaurants, supermarkets, the colosseum, The hostel is cleaned several times a day and it's got good security, the only thing that I had trouble with was finding it, as there was no sign or entrance to the hostel, only a buzzer with the name next to it. The hostess also has deals with the local restaurants, so you can get cheaper food. :)

It's the home of Andrea (staff). Security: anybody can access the hostel. We don't have the room and locker' keys. Just one bathroom for 9 people. The location is dangerous. Poor kitchen, with just 2 pans and no microwave, toast nor oven. No glass just cup. Poor breakfast with no appropriated food. No privacy, Andrea can access rooms anytime as she did with me. She opened the door during early morning when I was sleeping. By the time you meet Andrea, she advise to go out everyday until 10:30am.

Friendly environment. The stay is just like homestay. The hostel is near to the metro but little bit far if you choose to walk to the sites. Anyway, I like here.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • China

The hostel is not far from Termini Railway Station, quite a good place to take train. It's not that far from The Coloseum, about 20 mins' walk. Not far away, there is a supermarket. And there is a super ice cream shop named G. Fassi, the price is decent. Love it so much. Pistachio is the best flavour. Haha. The host and hostess are very very nice and pleasant to talk with. They are helpful and sweet.

Run by a guy and his girlfriend; friendly people. Hostel is a 3rd floor appartment that has 3 rooms, a bathroom and kitchen. It's their house. That's all ok, area is small and they tendens to smoke on balcony next to kitchen, so hallway sometimes smells like smoke. We were charged extra city tax on top of our total price as given by Hostel World, which we disputed at hostel which we then did not have to pay. Location is ok! Colloseum 15min Walk, metro 5min, station 10min.

The owners are very nice and helpful, facilities were above my expectations for the price. Close to the train station, supermarket, metro station, and 15 min. walking from the Colosseum.

Without doubt the cleanest guesthouse i've ever been. It was very sunny, spacey, only 10 minutes walking to the Colosseum and cleaned every single day, cleaner than my home ;). Unbelievable. You also get great Arabica coffee in the morning and a chocolate croissant. The couple who runs it is very very friendly. On my last night in Rome i planned to stay at the airport to catch my early flight, but i got a bad cold and they were so kind to let me stay on their couch for a few hours. THANK YOU!!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Smokers! And only 1 toilet for 8 or 9 people. The one WC is in the bathroom! If you must leave at 06:15 to the airport, someone else takes a shower from 6 till 06:25... improvisation! Gelu (Armenian) and Andrea SMOKE mostly on the balcony but the smoke enters, irritates. He can't understand this. Seems calm but explosive, provoking character. Andrea ( Rumania) is a kind woman. Kitchen: 1 cooking pot , 1 damaged casserole, old plastic dishes, 2 knifes. No fresh bread. Lot of noise: busy street.

though at first sight it may not seem really secure because of the location it's one of the best hostals I ve ever been, of course it also depends on your purpose of visiting rome if you are looking for a nice , quiet and comfortable place to stay in which you can get a good sleep then this is a perfect option, it's 10 min walking from the colosseum and 5 min walking from the metro, it has a marketplace crossing the street and 3 blocks away from a pizza inn where there is a delicious pizza

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I wasn't so sure about staying in a Hostel but Wow Colosseum change my mind! Andrea and her husband are the nicest people I have met. The place was clean and nice Had an amazing location I have no complains and if I'm ever in Rome again that's my place of choice. There you will feel like your at home ❤️

• 11th Feb 2015

When my friend and I first arrived I admit we were a little disappointed as to the area the hostel is in. But as time went on it grew on us! Not the safest area, but we found traveling together to be quite safe. On the plus side, there is a metro station very close by that will take you just about anywhere in Rome. The hostel security itself is spot on; we felt very safe in our room. Andrea(owner) is amazing, so get to know her! She'll tell you cool stories and all the best places to go! Enjoy!

• 10th Feb 2015

Me encantó pasar el fin de semana con ustedes, muchas gracias!

Hosts were excellent!! Very friendly, funny, and helpful!! Very clean. Central heating, which was nice in the evening. About a 20-30 minute walk to main sites and train station, but also close to metro stop for alternative transport options. Great location for restaurants.

• 22nd Jan 2015

More like staying in a house then a hostel really fantastic staff and very clean. See you next time im in Rome! XD

• 8th Jan 2015