Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Nice hostel with friendly staff. A fair way out from the city but good to explore the neighbourhoods. Yummy breakfast each morning and good common room.

a great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay at Wrigley Hostel. The staff is just great and the rooms are clean and a lot of common space available. I would recommend this hostel to anybody that is going to Chicago!

Great location only a few blocks from Wrigley Field and the Red Line. Great bars and restaurants close by! Only let down was sharing two toilets and one shower between 20 odd people. Facilities could be improved, but overall a good place to stay.

• 25th Oct 2014

Location is perfect you can go easily anywhere from the hotel! The breakfast is a plus, is basic, but for what your paying its right. Beds are very Comfortable. The only thing they could improve its the cleaning, the bedroom floor was filthy I kept clean it with my sucks lol.

Despite the good location of the hostel, cleanliness is ok but clearly need to be renewed. Hostel is 3 minutes away from the elevated train station. They serve breakfast during the morning which is good.

I only stayed at this hostel for 1 night it was ok but i felt like it could do with a make over. I didn't like having a house key style key to the dorm room and no lockers in dorm rooms is not very good I feel like charging extra for a locker that isn't even in your room is pretty slack also it would have been nice to have oats or cereal for breakfast rather than just toast or pancakes and seating would be nice as i had to eat standing. Staff were really nice and helpful though.

I liked staying there a lot. The staff is helpful, and there are pancakes, peanut butter, fruits and all in the morning. What I would improve is to install more lockers in the rooms rather than keeping them outside.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel and was sorry to leave. The beds were very comfortable, there was a really big breakfast buffet with pancakes, fruit, bread and spreads and also the location was great-v easy to walk to the metro and close to lots of bars and places to eat. The room sizes were spacious and the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Very nice and clean hostel in Wrigleyville, a prime brownstone-laden area in north Chicago. I loved walking through the neighborhoods and getting a feel for what it's like to live there. The staff was courteous and laid out a nice breakfast spread every morning. I did not get much of a "community" vibe from the hostel and kept mostly to myself, but I felt very safe and secure there.

I had a group of four friends going on the trip and we were all staying different amount of nights at the city, so we had a bunch of reservations (around 5 different). Also five of us should come but in the end it was just four. But because the staff was so nice they canceled a reservation that we didn't need without any costs and also they made sure we stayed in the same room all nights even though we had different reservations and everythin was quite confusing. They were really ready to help!

Great hostel. Friendly and helpful staff.

• 5th Oct 2014

Was a good hostel, but was quite quiet by the time I was there (early October). The rooms were not particularly well ventilated, which is the only negative I have.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff and visitors were friendly and the hostel was clean. My only complaint is that two of the restrooms with showers were out of commission so there was about a 15 minute wait for a shower in the morning. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very casual and neat atmosphere. Not too large or too small - good size of rooms and building. Bed mattress was comfortable, too.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Japan

We were very happy, very family... congratulations Wrigley Hostal.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

The greatest advantage of this hostel is that it's close to CTA train station. You can easily reach downtown in 20 minutes. Staff was helpful and responsive and I liked that breakfast was included. This place definitely has really good price/quality ratio.

Perfect for the person traveling alone. Easy access to the Red Line, friendly people, awesome free breakfast.

• 24th Sep 2014

Great location and a nice staff.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Good Hostel in excellent location in Wrigleyville. We stayed in the 2 bed private which suffered from a lack of natural light and a dull lightbulb. Probably our own fault for not saying anything, and easily rectified on the hostel's part. The hostel was clean but there weren't quite enough bathrooms for the number of guests.

• 16th Sep 2014

Location is perfect but facilities are not good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4