Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Very poor experience. It was a hot weekend and the hostel has no AC which is understandable but my room's ceiling fan didn't work either. This made it almost impossible to sleep. On top of that there were only 2 showers for the entire hostel which is absurd. I counted at least 100 beds and only 2 showers made showering difficult. Thirdly, they provided no lockers for my room. This is unacceptable. I've stayed in hostels in colombia and Mozambique that were run better than this one.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you did not have the best time you could have with us. We want to let you know that every bedroom has an AC unit and that the hostel has 10 showers for guests to use. Excitingly we have recently renovated many of our bathrooms as well. We have lockers available to all guests and many rooms have lockers in the room with lockers available outside bedrooms for those that do not. We welcome you back with us again to show you the best experience we provide.

Was no tourist information at all in the hostel. Other hostels advertised they organized pub crawls or things to do for guests or offered info on things to do. No enough keys available for the room. Borrowed my key to get more cut I got locked out of my room for 40 minutes after going for a shower. The light in the room didnt work I asked 3 times for it to be fixed and it never got fixed.

• 14th May 2015

This is out of all my expectation. It is worth for every penny of it.

I was extremely pleased to have had the opportunity to stay at Wrigley Hostel! The staff was extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. It was a great location, especially being so close to the train. It had a vibrant, young atmosphere and attracted travelers from all over the world! I hope to stay there again soon!

• 24th Apr 2015

Unlike my expectation that the location wouldn't be good, it was pretty easy to go everywhere I wanted to visit. Plus, there are several great restaurants near here. I'm satisfied with my stay. However, it was a shame that there aren't enough shower rooms. Honestly, it didn't matter for me because there were not that many guests at that time, but it should be a problem during busy season. The last thing I want to say is about the staffs. They are very nice and kind. Thanks for your warm heart!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel is clean, friendly, conveniently located (on the red subway line) and well-priced. The breakfast is really good (especially as far as hostel breakfasts) and the staff is very helpful. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm for 3 nights during a conference and had a super comfortable sleep each night. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to Chicago!

• 19th Apr 2015

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Well, the small breakfast was absolutely sufficient for me since I usually eat a banana and have a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is half a block away from a red line station, a seven eleven bars and restaurants and therefore super convenient. I will most likely stay here again.

Great place n great location ! Walking distance to metro n bars ! Bathrooms were super clean n bed were comfy. Def would come back here again

Had a wonderful time here! Great location, just a few minute walk from Wrigley Field, the red line, and about 1000 different bars

• 4th Apr 2015

great hostel. very clean. i had no problems with the staff. wifi works well. free breakfast. pancakes, fruit and coffee. i thought the pancakes were pretty good. there aren't a lot of things to do near the hostel other than wrigley field - just some bars and restaurants - but the train is very close. if i come back to chicago i would stay here again

• 2nd Apr 2015

GREAT HOSTEL. excellent location to see the BEST of chicago (not just the typical tourist places). walking distance (about .5 mile/under a kilometer walk at most) to the best bars and restaurants, etc. in most aspects, it's on the same level with the best hostels i've stayed in. it's very clean and feels homey. you can LOCK your luggage before check in time, which is rare compared to hostels in asia.

The only possible problem was there was a bit of a wait for the bathrooms sometimes. Other than that, they have great games to play, a bar, an awesome deck with a grill on it, and the rooms were super nice and comfy.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great: only a few mins walk from the red line. The hostel is very clean and well-maintained. Highly recommended!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

My friends and I drove up to Chicago for spring break and booked a 4-bed private room. The staff were friendly, security was good and the location is amazing! So many bars & restaurants and close to bus & the El. The only thing that was a little frustrating was sharing the bathrooms. I've stayed in hostels so I'm used to that, but since they were singles, you had to wait a while sometimes & they could get pretty dirty by the end of the day. Not a deal breaker though! Great place for the $!!

I had a blast staying at this hostel in Chicago. The staff was so nice and helpful. I lost my room key and the girl at the front desk didn't even charge me to replace it!

• 10th Mar 2015

I like this hostel very much. I think for the prize you can get good service. Its good location, easy accessible by train from the loop and in the hostel there are all facilities you need - internet, breakfast, lounge room with billiard and TV. So I really recommend it.

I stayed here for 09 nights. The building is old, however, very clean and tidy. Barely a few steps from the Addison (red line) subway station. The hoste has all the facilities. The common room is awesome. Moreover, the hostel has a nice quiet room as well. Above all, the staff is very cooperative and try to honor your requests in best way possible.

Everything about this hostel was great. The staff, the breakfast (especially the pancakes), the rooms, the location. Everyone went out of their way to be accommodating. Really focused on the guest and the stay.

• 1st Mar 2015

A nice plàce to stay in , either for a vacation or for a few days . I really loved that hostel and Chicago .

Friendly/informative staff, good games room, close to metro stop, good stay in chicago