Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

I don't understand why people are too generous on this hostel. This isn't better than others. The shower water is too weak.

I don't know how this place has any good reviews. I could've paid a bit more for a better hotel closer to downtown. Only have 4 large lockers. You have to pay for the lock. My key was working properly first night. ..Second night the key mysteriously didn't work. No one was at the desk to help and no answer on the phone. No juice in the morning. The place was super hot everywhere except the reception area. Very far from downtown. ..at least 20 minutes on the bus. Will never go back!!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Super friendly staff. Willing to help guide you through the city of chicago and make good reccomendations. Willing to accomadate their guests above and beyond.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Nice hostel, not noisy, close to subway, good breakfast. Improvement suggestions. Better place to store bikes... on the street is no place for an expensive touring bike. Computer corner could use a new, lower table or higher chairs. :-)

Loved being a guinea pig for the comedy night! Hopefully it'll be a constant thing at your hostel. It was great to have a proper "Chicago" experience!!

I loved the Hostel, it was super clean. The bedroom had a lot of space. The bathroom had a lot of space too. Breakfast was pretty good. I just thought it was a little far from the main attractions, but with the subway nearby I didn't care that much.

• 14th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff!

• 12th Jul 2015

There were definitely homeless people staying at the hostel which was very off-putting, the dorm rooms did not have security lockers in them (especially the top floor which did not have any large security lockers at all), and there were no attempts to organise fun events at the hostel on any nights.

• 7th Jul 2015

I've stayed in a few hostels now and brought a friend. Due to market driven price policies-charge what people will pay- she will likely never dream of staying in a hostel again as it cost more than a four star hotel room, booked at an earlier date. You asked, so I'm just saying...

better fit for a younger age group

• 2nd Jul 2015

The staffs were friendly. There was always someone there at any hour of the day. There was alittle mess up with bed arrangements. There weren't that many lockers. The location was far from the tourist area, but that is okay since we got to see the sunrise over Lake Michigan in a quiet area. The staffs should recommend that to the guests since it's a very beautiful view.

Friendly housekeeping lady who does her best every day. It seemed silly that the kitchen and common room close at midnight. All I wanted to do was chat with someone out of the way as people were sleeping. :/ Room 20 is very very poor! There aren't any curtains and it is unbelievably bright at 6:30 every morning. The air conditioner sounds like a coffee bean grinder, spits out water and not very much air. So many little changes could make this hostel much better. A bit disappointed with my stay.

A good old fashioned hostel with a lively community. The only downside is having to ring the bell to get in anytime between midnight and 8am, and the rather northerly location in Chicago.

This was the first hostel I used in the US. As an American and a frequent user of Hostelworld.com, I understand that American hostels will be more expensive, but I feel that this one was still too expensive for what I got. I had to ask for a second room key when my sister and I should have received two upon check-in. We were also late getting to the train station after taking a taxi when the staff should have given us better information about traveling through the city, as in other hostels.

Great location, very good attention of all staff. I will speak English did their best to understand and help nate every need I had. Without hesitation when I return to Chicago I will stay there again.

Friendly staff and good breakfast.

I think this hostel is not bad but a little bit far away from down town. The staffs are nice.

A decent hostel, nice rooms, very nice common room. The seating in the kitchen is a bit weird, but OK given the space. One thing that annoyed me was that they asked for a 100% review after the stay. It just isn't a 100% hostel, sorry.

Very good location and overall great staff!

• 15th Jun 2015

Great place to stay- I will definitely stay here again if I visit Chicago because it was very convenient to everything. Was only 1 block to the baseball stadium, subway line, and city rental bicycles that were wonderful to use. It felt very safe to walk at any time and i liked that it was relatively quiet in the sleeping areas, not a party atmosphere. I met nice travelers. The staff was helpful and the hostel was very clean, thanks to the cleaning staff. Wifi was excellent and breakfast was ok

« first « Prev 1 2 3