Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

The staffs were friendly. There was always someone there at any hour of the day. There was alittle mess up with bed arrangements. There weren't that many lockers. The location was far from the tourist area, but that is okay since we got to see the sunrise over Lake Michigan in a quiet area. The staffs should recommend that to the guests since it's a very beautiful view.

A good old fashioned hostel with a lively community. The only downside is having to ring the bell to get in anytime between midnight and 8am, and the rather northerly location in Chicago.

This was the first hostel I used in the US. As an American and a frequent user of Hostelworld.com, I understand that American hostels will be more expensive, but I feel that this one was still too expensive for what I got. I had to ask for a second room key when my sister and I should have received two upon check-in. We were also late getting to the train station after taking a taxi when the staff should have given us better information about traveling through the city, as in other hostels.

Great location, very good attention of all staff. I will speak English did their best to understand and help nate every need I had. Without hesitation when I return to Chicago I will stay there again.

Friendly staff and good breakfast.

I think this hostel is not bad but a little bit far away from down town. The staffs are nice.

A decent hostel, nice rooms, very nice common room. The seating in the kitchen is a bit weird, but OK given the space. One thing that annoyed me was that they asked for a 100% review after the stay. It just isn't a 100% hostel, sorry.

Great place to stay- I will definitely stay here again if I visit Chicago because it was very convenient to everything. Was only 1 block to the baseball stadium, subway line, and city rental bicycles that were wonderful to use. It felt very safe to walk at any time and i liked that it was relatively quiet in the sleeping areas, not a party atmosphere. I met nice travelers. The staff was helpful and the hostel was very clean, thanks to the cleaning staff. Wifi was excellent and breakfast was ok

snoooring roommate, like a truck

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

This place is really good. It's an old school hostel. On the other hand it seems like a relatively new business; they're still renovating the upper floors of the old brick apt. Building that they're converting to hostel rooms. It's really clean--like no grime anywhere. The bathrooms are more like residential bathrooms with a vanity and shower/bath behind a closed door( as opposed to a giant shower room.) very social atmosphere; good social common room for pre party. Nice kitchens, good location.

There was a very limited breakfast included, The fruit ran out very quickly, cereal as an alternative to pancakes would be good.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a FANTASTIC location if you want to be near Wrigley Field, only 1/2 a block from the stadium! The rooms are colorful and beds sufficient for a hostel. It's actually pretty quiet, too, given location (and the Cubs won that night!) . The air fresheners are a bit overpowering, but all in all, I'd recommend them and would stay there again.

Wifi is not working.

• 24th May 2015

I've been there for one night only, but what I saw is a very "party-oriented" hostel, which is absolutely good if you want to party, but not that great if you want to sleep and there's apparently no rule asking guests not to yell in the corridors at 2am. Also, the walls are very thin. On the bright side the room I was in was wide and clean and although the bathroom wasn't spick and span, it was absolutely acceptable considering I got there in the evening (they clean in the morning I guess)

• 23rd May 2015

Very poor experience. It was a hot weekend and the hostel has no AC which is understandable but my room's ceiling fan didn't work either. This made it almost impossible to sleep. On top of that there were only 2 showers for the entire hostel which is absurd. I counted at least 100 beds and only 2 showers made showering difficult. Thirdly, they provided no lockers for my room. This is unacceptable. I've stayed in hostels in colombia and Mozambique that were run better than this one.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you did not have the best time you could have with us. We want to let you know that every bedroom has an AC unit and that the hostel has 10 showers for guests to use. Excitingly we have recently renovated many of our bathrooms as well. We have lockers available to all guests and many rooms have lockers in the room with lockers available outside bedrooms for those that do not. We welcome you back with us again to show you the best experience we provide.

The staff at this hostel were brilliant to us during our stay in Chicago. We ended up sharing a dorm room with some incredibly rude, loud and messy girls. We were moved to a private room as the girls remained completely inconsiderate even after warnings from staff. The staff at this hostel went above and beyond for us and we really appreciated their efforts. It's a 2 minute walk to the nearest train station and freshly made pancakes are available every morning. Would definately stay here again.

Was no tourist information at all in the hostel. Other hostels advertised they organized pub crawls or things to do for guests or offered info on things to do. No enough keys available for the room. Borrowed my key to get more cut I got locked out of my room for 40 minutes after going for a shower. The light in the room didnt work I asked 3 times for it to be fixed and it never got fixed.

• 14th May 2015

This is out of all my expectation. It is worth for every penny of it.

I was extremely pleased to have had the opportunity to stay at Wrigley Hostel! The staff was extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. It was a great location, especially being so close to the train. It had a vibrant, young atmosphere and attracted travelers from all over the world! I hope to stay there again soon!

• 24th Apr 2015

Unlike my expectation that the location wouldn't be good, it was pretty easy to go everywhere I wanted to visit. Plus, there are several great restaurants near here. I'm satisfied with my stay. However, it was a shame that there aren't enough shower rooms. Honestly, it didn't matter for me because there were not that many guests at that time, but it should be a problem during busy season. The last thing I want to say is about the staffs. They are very nice and kind. Thanks for your warm heart!

• 22nd Apr 2015