Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Great hostel! Very clean. Staff friendly and helpful- particularly, Lauren was great to talk to.

• 9th Jan 2016

As I was eating breakfast, I read a sign in front of me thay said that I should follow Wrigley Hostel on Facebook to hear about local events. I did so and discovered that international no pants subway ride was planned for the next day. Thanks to Lauren for posting the link to Facebook. I participated in the event and I loved it.

I thought my stay was wonderful - quiet and yet still really close to public transport. Can't knock free breakfasts or the fact that they also have lots of information about the local area. A must if, like me, you've never been to Chicago before.

• 16th Dec 2015

The staff was very friendly. Pedro and Ida were both extremely helpful at every turn, and answered all my questions. Also the common area was nicely set up so i could meet people very easily. Will be using this hotel again next time I visit Chicago.

• 12th Dec 2015

Everything was great however, the receptionist could be more warm towards guests.

Friendly staff and great vibe. Good location - close to train and nightlife.

It was a bit cold when I was there. They only had one tiny heater in 10 people room. I was far from the heater and I got up at the middle of night feeling cold. But the next day they put one more heater and that night was fine. Everything else is decent. They offer breakfast and towel for free.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Good for the price! Spacious rooms, nice downstairs socialising area with sofas, pool table etc. Breakfast included, really close to the metro/tram stop.

I had a great time at the hostel. Thanks Lauren, Kim, and Ida for making me feel at home!

I was really pleased with the Wrigley hostel, it is a 2 minute walk from the red line which takes you right into the city, there are bars and restaurants a short walk from the door, also plenty of take out places to choose from locally also. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do more for you. The common room has a decent sized tv and a pool table too. There were hot showers and breakfast was served every morning on time.

• 20th Nov 2015

I enjoyed my stay a lot. Ida was an excellent host and a very nice person. She helped me out with my stay in Chicago. If I'm in the area again I would definitly return. Perfect location right next to the Subway and very easy to find.

I didn't have any problems with anything, had a nice time.

• 13th Nov 2015

We had a very nice stay on Wrigley Hostel. super nice staff and breakfast: awesome -definitley comming back. few suggestions: 1. plug-in's in the bathrooms for european hairdryers 2. bedside lights 3. "couples dorm". Where only men are allowed if they are travelling with a woman (girlfriend, sister---). So that the mixed dorm is not to be confused with a "finding a partner, date and look at women while sleeping - room" Nevertheless, we loved the hostel. Especially the billiard table ;)

It needs to be more clear that people from IL are discouraged from staying at this hostel. This is the 3rd hostel I've stayed at in Chicago (I'm from the suburbs) and I've never been told by the front staff that they will "make an exception" for us since it's "only one night". If you don't want locals, it should be VERY clear on the site (including Hostel World!). I found it afterwards in your FAQ but that isn't enough. Otherwise, no complaints other than thin walls, but that's hostel life.

Convenient location close to a subway stop and with plenty of bars and restaurants around. The staff is nice and the hostel overall very clean. Unfortunately, the number of bathrooms and the size of the kitchen are somewhat too small for the number of people who stay in the hostel on weekends.

Nice hostel with a nice common room. Easy to meet people. Staff is okay, some are nicer than others. Simple but decent breakfast.

breakfast is good but really need a place to eat it. I didn't go down to the basement common room, could breakfast be set up there?

• 23rd Oct 2015

one of the employee is not very friendly when i check-in at the day I arrived. But the other employees are very nice to me.

The staff was amazing and really knew the best places to hang out away from the typical tourist traps.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Wrigley is probably the best Hostel I've been to in North America. The staff are friendly, it has a great atmosphere, and it's right next to the Metro station (although not so close that there is a noise issue). When I was there the hostel entered us into a pub crawl and they actually paid for the Uber to get us there which I thought was a nice bonus. I would definitely recommend Wrigley Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3