Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

The staff was bad

• 20th Dec 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Brilliant location. Overall, great value for money.

• 13th Dec 2014

I had an excellent experience at this hostel and would totally recommend it.

Really friendly staff, easy access to the city centre by bus and metro. The only bad thing was the directions could have been clearer on the website other than that Id definitely recommend it

• 28th Nov 2014

Not enough bathroom facilities. Wifi poor in bedroom 8. Very cold at night. No power outlets close to each bed. Poor breakfast. Messy quiet room. Overall very disappointed considering price. Had better facilities in poorer countries in South America.

iuuThe hostel was ok, considering the price per night. The high point of our stay was the breakfast, Fantastic! Room was clean and warm. But we left at 5 a.m. and there was noone at reception, so they didn't return our 5 dollars deposit, even though I asked the day before if there was gonna be someone at 5 a.m. Nice stay. I recommend it.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. A fair way out from the city but good to explore the neighbourhoods. Yummy breakfast each morning and good common room.

a great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay at Wrigley Hostel. The staff is just great and the rooms are clean and a lot of common space available. I would recommend this hostel to anybody that is going to Chicago!

I really enjoyed the time here, a lot of activities and it was really easy to know another travellers. The location its not really the best but you have a subway station at one block, so, cool. I loved NYC and definitely i'll back to this hostel.

Great location only a few blocks from Wrigley Field and the Red Line. Great bars and restaurants close by! Only let down was sharing two toilets and one shower between 20 odd people. Facilities could be improved, but overall a good place to stay.

• 25th Oct 2014

Location is perfect you can go easily anywhere from the hotel! The breakfast is a plus, is basic, but for what your paying its right. Beds are very Comfortable. The only thing they could improve its the cleaning, the bedroom floor was filthy I kept clean it with my sucks lol.

Despite the good location of the hostel, cleanliness is ok but clearly need to be renewed. Hostel is 3 minutes away from the elevated train station. They serve breakfast during the morning which is good.

I only stayed at this hostel for 1 night it was ok but i felt like it could do with a make over. I didn't like having a house key style key to the dorm room and no lockers in dorm rooms is not very good I feel like charging extra for a locker that isn't even in your room is pretty slack also it would have been nice to have oats or cereal for breakfast rather than just toast or pancakes and seating would be nice as i had to eat standing. Staff were really nice and helpful though.

I liked staying there a lot. The staff is helpful, and there are pancakes, peanut butter, fruits and all in the morning. What I would improve is to install more lockers in the rooms rather than keeping them outside.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel and was sorry to leave. The beds were very comfortable, there was a really big breakfast buffet with pancakes, fruit, bread and spreads and also the location was great-v easy to walk to the metro and close to lots of bars and places to eat. The room sizes were spacious and the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Very nice and clean hostel in Wrigleyville, a prime brownstone-laden area in north Chicago. I loved walking through the neighborhoods and getting a feel for what it's like to live there. The staff was courteous and laid out a nice breakfast spread every morning. I did not get much of a "community" vibe from the hostel and kept mostly to myself, but I felt very safe and secure there.

I had a group of four friends going on the trip and we were all staying different amount of nights at the city, so we had a bunch of reservations (around 5 different). Also five of us should come but in the end it was just four. But because the staff was so nice they canceled a reservation that we didn't need without any costs and also they made sure we stayed in the same room all nights even though we had different reservations and everythin was quite confusing. They were really ready to help!

Great hostel. Friendly and helpful staff.

• 5th Oct 2014

Was a good hostel, but was quite quiet by the time I was there (early October). The rooms were not particularly well ventilated, which is the only negative I have.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff and visitors were friendly and the hostel was clean. My only complaint is that two of the restrooms with showers were out of commission so there was about a 15 minute wait for a shower in the morning. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 3rd Oct 2014