Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

I will definitely stay here again. The bed is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly . The breakfast is good. And it's very close to the red line station.

one guy that worked at the hostel woke me up at 2am with a flashlight in my face to ask me my name and tell me "we may have to move you to another bed". very stupid.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

I did not find the check in staff very friendly, felt like she was bothered to do her job.

The hostel was clean and nice and the staff were friendly. They were more than happy to store my bags before check in and after check out, which was amazing! It meant that I was able to explore the town without a concern for my luggage. They ran out of breakfast before 10AM on one of the days, so the staff - who were apologetic -went out and bought fresh fruit for the guests to make up for it. Amazing. There wasn't quite enough room between the bottom and top bunk, but that was my only i

The hostel is located very conveniently near the Red line and you can reach reach Downtown Chicago in 10-15 minutes. My room was more or less average for what one can expect to see in a hostel dorm. Breakfast was nice, maybe they could add Nutella for us coming from Europe. :-) Atmosphere is pleasant though I have been to more social hostels. There is a lot going in the close proximity of the hostel and this is definitely a plus. Overall, staying here was a good value for money.

Staff need to be infinitely more engaged and enthusiastic.

Great place brilliant location showers have no pressure but besides that a AWESOME place to stay

Great warm feeling at this hostel, very easy to make new friends while traving by yourself. Very short walk to the train which makes it easy to get around town.

We had a good stay. The location is a little out of down town, but perfectly easely by the red line. The staff was super helpful and friendly. It was very clean wich is always nice. There are not many showers so that created a que in the morning. They profide pancakes for breakfast but there whernt enough. The lovelly girls working in the morning had to run between the breakfast and check-in/out. The out side tarrace is very nice! Overal defenitly worthe the money!

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, clean and quiet. Having said that, if you want to hang out, you can do that in basement in a couzy common area.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Estonia

I loved the breakfast and the balcony. Everybody was totally nice and helpfull! Thanks for that fantastic stay!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Most expensive hostel I've ever spent but really great. Paid $80!! Too much for every Hostal!

Hi there :) Thank you again for your positive review :) We are glad you had a great time. Just wanted to explain that our prices are very competitive in Chicago and only during Chicago's biggest events like Lollapalooza Music Festival weekend are prices high like it was when you stayed. Enjoy your travels :)

Incredible location, a block from the subway and Wrigley Field. Very kind and helpful staff. One of the more expensive hostels I have been to but it was my first hostel in the States so could be normal. Bathrooms sometimes take a while in the morning, only one shower in a bathroom. The door was locked around 10 or 11 pm every night, if the person working is away from the front desk you must wait outside, we waited about eight minutes one night to get back in. Overall great stay, recommend.

The best hostel that I've stayed in the USA by far!

• 26th Jul 2014

A really nice hostel but the plumbing would need some renovation and there are not enough showers.

No parking despite what the site says.

Hey there :) Thank you again for staying with us. I just want to clarify that the hostel does offer parking to guests, however spaces are limited and need to be reserved prior to arrival as is stated on our website. All guests who reserve a parking space with us are guaranteed a parking pass when they check-in. Enjoy your travels and we look forward to having you stay with us again :)

The hostel was very comfortable and the atmosphere was super cool. There was no ac in the room, but it didnt bother me much. The wifi was little bit slow from the room. The bathroom tub needed a little cleaning. Staff was super friendly and breakfast was good. All in all it was a good stay.

The people I have met here wer great! Also the facility was nice, with common room in the basement and cool terrasse in the backyard. The location was good, although it was not in the city center, the metro was very near

If you plan to go to a game at wrigley you have to stay here! It's a block away!! It's clean, the staff is excellent and the beds are comfortable. I loved the common room with a TV, couches, and a pool table. I was only only going to stay one night then stay dt but I ended up staying cuz it was so much fun. The L-train makes it so easy to access the dt area and the line that's a block away runs all night! On top of all this the bars in the area are really fun!! Stay at wrigley hostel!

Had a great stay! the common room was a great place to meet other travellers. The hostel is located around the corner to really fun bars/sports bars. I would definitively stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4