Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Hands down... Best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The staff are awful, so unprofessional and unhelpful! Management needs to update their check in system and rental, all takes too long, when you have just come off a long flight you don't want a 10minute wait while the computer unfreezes before the rude girl on the desk starts to attempt to check you in! Kitchens on every floor - great accept only the fridge works and no equipment! Rooms clean and bed comfy but load! Terrible hostel!

• 22nd Aug 2015

The weekend we stayed happened to have two Cubs games at Wrigley Stadium so the rooms were way overpriced and we paid a lot more than expected and seemed to pay a lot in tax. We had a 4 bed room on the basement level which should be only for 2 people and could barely fit any bags. The air con didn't work and the men in our room made us feel uncomfortable so we moved to a 8 bed female dorm which was much better! So much more spacious. Clean bathrooms, good breakfast but needs a pub crawl or tours

The staff was really friendly and the facilities were great. The location is really perfect at Wrigley field where there's tons of bars and places to hang out, also right next to the red line, only downside is it's over an hour from the airport. Laundry service was good, breakfast was really good very tasty big pancakes. Wifi good, loads of fridges, chill out room is nice too, great hostel.

Great place loved it but I wasn't keen that the front door was only locked after midnight so anyone could walk into the building and the bath tub could have been clean a bit more regularly but other then that thought it was pretty good

• 16th Aug 2015

I stayed for one day at Wrigley Hostel. I am a female and used mixed room. The facilities and atmosphere were really good. I arrived in NYC early in the morning and needed to put my stuff in hostel first. Staff was kind and helped me to store my stuff first. The only bad thing is location. It takes about 25 mins by subway from downtown to Hostel. Except that I am satisfied with this hotel

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Really good for what we needed, just a place to stay while visiting Chicago. Nice that there was breakfast available :)

• 15th Aug 2015

Cool place to stay at! In a cool neighbourhood with bars and pubs. Staff is very friendly and they have a fun common room with a ping pong table and darts next to the hostel bar. The only thing to improve is the cleanliness in the bathrooms and under the beds. But the beds itself are clean and cozy. i would recommend it!

Staff was nice and location was great. Clean and has breakfast and coffee. We would stay here again!

• 14th Aug 2015

This is my second time staying in this hostel but this year it is worse. The common areas are closed between 12-6 am so it means you cannot be in the hostel if you want to socialize. The breakfast is really below average, only pancakes of low quality every morning with a few fruits! It is really not healthy to have this kind of breakfast over and over. It shouldn't cost much to have bagels and cheese as an exception. However the atmosphere is nice and worth the money.

Please fix the AC in Room 7....it was too hot and stuffy.

Perfect location for exploring Chicago. Great hostel & friendly people! Loved it.

Nice hostel, great location (1-2 blocks from Wrigley; Addison red line stop). Security code for front door, mostly reliable free wifi, decent free comp. room, cute back deck, p.nice kitchen, free towel&locker (maybe hairdryer?) rentals, average free breakfast (fruit, toast w/ jam or nutella, pancakes, tea & coffee), p.good rooms with plenty of power outlets. Laundry's stupid at $10/load--but they do it for you. Annoying that bathrooms are single occupancy. Bit pricy for me, but cheap for Chi!

Awesome!!cool atmosphere,nice people around, very good neiborhood and good conection with the L train!!dont miss this one!!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Spain

Nice place to stay with excellent breakfast options!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • India

The facility is horrible. The only one thing I liked is the staffs. They are so kind but I wouldn't stay there again.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

too full to come back on my 2nd trip

Great team! Ideal location if you're wanting to visit Chicago as it's only a 20 minute train into town. Free breakfast which I thought would be basic but the pancakes were delicious! I'd recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of visiting Chicago!

• 29th Jul 2015

I don't understand why people are too generous on this hostel. This isn't better than others. The shower water is too weak.

I don't know how this place has any good reviews. I could've paid a bit more for a better hotel closer to downtown. Only have 4 large lockers. You have to pay for the lock. My key was working properly first night. ..Second night the key mysteriously didn't work. No one was at the desk to help and no answer on the phone. No juice in the morning. The place was super hot everywhere except the reception area. Very far from downtown. ..at least 20 minutes on the bus. Will never go back!!

• 23rd Jul 2015