Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

The greatest advantage of this hostel is that it's close to CTA train station. You can easily reach downtown in 20 minutes. Staff was helpful and responsive and I liked that breakfast was included. This place definitely has really good price/quality ratio.

Perfect for the person traveling alone. Easy access to the Red Line, friendly people, awesome free breakfast.

• 24th Sep 2014

Great location and a nice staff.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Good Hostel in excellent location in Wrigleyville. We stayed in the 2 bed private which suffered from a lack of natural light and a dull lightbulb. Probably our own fault for not saying anything, and easily rectified on the hostel's part. The hostel was clean but there weren't quite enough bathrooms for the number of guests.

• 16th Sep 2014

Location is perfect but facilities are not good.

I actually stayed in 2 diferent hostels in Chicago and this one was my favourite. Great atmosphere and perfect location.

I had a very bad experience at Wrigley Hostel. I had to stay there because I had already payed the entire weekend and it was overprice but the accommodations were terrible. I was on a super tiny basement room with 3 more people without windows. The smell of the room was unbearable!! Fortunately only on the last night I was changes to a all girls dorm. But still it was on a basement and not clean at all, especially the bathroom.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Hi :) We are sorry to hear you didn't have the best time with us during your recent stay. We place great importance on the cleanliness of our hostel and all of our rooms a cleaned to a high standard and we ensure they are as comfortable as possible for our guests. We will look into our procedures to ensure all of our bathrooms are kept clean at all times in the future. Thank you for your feedback and enjoy your future travels :)

Great atmosphere. Common room with pool table, TV and computers so easy to socialise. BYO allowed too. Super close to Wrigley stadium and train station. I had a great stay here.

Location couldn't have been better especially as I was there when the cubs were playing and Wrigley field is just down the road! Super safe area too! Had good common areas so really easy to meet people and I met heaps of cool people during my stay here! Bit expensive for what it is! My ONLY major complaint is that it's SOOOO hot in the rooms! Paid for a 4 bed dorm and we didn't even have an air conditioner! Otherwise would highly recommend this hostel!

I stayed for 4 nights and had a great time, the staff were very helpful and the facilities were perfect for breaking the ice between lone travellers such as myself. The location was perfect, it made my journey to the airport with a 20kg suitcase with no wheels so easy.

• 30th Aug 2014

The staff was great and super helpful. A pretty small hostel, but perfect location in Wrigleyville - you can walk to all the fun bars. Met some new friends and had a blast staying there!

• 30th Aug 2014

Close to everything. Bike to downtown along bike path to Navy Pier. Staff EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgable. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Bed was comfy. Very nice facilities, even kitchens and fridges if you wanted to cook, and rec area downstairs. My very first hostel experience, would DEFINITELY use Wrigley House again on a visit. Great value.

• 29th Aug 2014

For breakfast, it would be good to provide juice for non coffee drinkers. Also, bagels and muffins would be a great addition. Wifi wasn't very consistent, and very frustrating when you were trying to book things online and have it cut out. I gave up on trying to get it to work in my room. Install some more bathrooms! Waiting 1/2 hour for a shower each morning was not fun.

I stayed in the the 4 bed female dorm down in the basement and there was no air conditioning. While the common room was often cool, the air did not circulate to my dorm area. Especially at night when we had the door closed while we slept. I would recommend putting a window AC unit in the window to make sure the room is cooled off. The front desk gentleman was nice enough to give me a small fan which was helpful.

I was treated well, rested well and felt safe. Price jump between weekdays and weekends is a bit steep for the distance from city center, but the average of these prices is reasonable.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel well located in Chicago, the stuff is friendly and helpful to accomodate your needs. It is an old building restrooms and in particular showers are not efficient especially for the needs of many guests. Rooms are instead very bright and confortable with air conditioning (that unfortunately was on all night -> noisy and cold but that's US) Very nice common spaces with bar, sofas, internet and pool table.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Pancakes for breakfast are AWESOME!! Hostel is a little way out of the city so you need to take the subway whenever you want to go downtown which $5 a ride. If you're staying a few days, a 3-day pass makes it cheaper. Although the area the hotel is in is really nice also, lots of bars. Unfortunilty the hostel puts the prices WAY up over the weekends, (I paid $92 for a 4 bed dorm) which definitely wasn't worth it the weekend I was there. Other than this I had a great stay here.

This facility with the perfect location and fantastic staff was perfect.

Inadequate bathroom facilities. Otherwise, I very much enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Aug 2014

I will definitely stay here again. The bed is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly . The breakfast is good. And it's very close to the red line station.