Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Very nice hostel well located in Chicago, the stuff is friendly and helpful to accomodate your needs. It is an old building restrooms and in particular showers are not efficient especially for the needs of many guests. Rooms are instead very bright and confortable with air conditioning (that unfortunately was on all night -> noisy and cold but that's US) Very nice common spaces with bar, sofas, internet and pool table.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Pancakes for breakfast are AWESOME!! Hostel is a little way out of the city so you need to take the subway whenever you want to go downtown which $5 a ride. If you're staying a few days, a 3-day pass makes it cheaper. Although the area the hotel is in is really nice also, lots of bars. Unfortunilty the hostel puts the prices WAY up over the weekends, (I paid $92 for a 4 bed dorm) which definitely wasn't worth it the weekend I was there. Other than this I had a great stay here.

This facility with the perfect location and fantastic staff was perfect.

Inadequate bathroom facilities. Otherwise, I very much enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Aug 2014

I will definitely stay here again. The bed is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly . The breakfast is good. And it's very close to the red line station.

It was very nice at Wringley's Hostel. The pancakes were the best!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

one guy that worked at the hostel woke me up at 2am with a flashlight in my face to ask me my name and tell me "we may have to move you to another bed". very stupid.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

I did not find the check in staff very friendly, felt like she was bothered to do her job.

The hostel was clean and nice and the staff were friendly. They were more than happy to store my bags before check in and after check out, which was amazing! It meant that I was able to explore the town without a concern for my luggage. They ran out of breakfast before 10AM on one of the days, so the staff - who were apologetic -went out and bought fresh fruit for the guests to make up for it. Amazing. There wasn't quite enough room between the bottom and top bunk, but that was my only i

The hostel is located very conveniently near the Red line and you can reach reach Downtown Chicago in 10-15 minutes. My room was more or less average for what one can expect to see in a hostel dorm. Breakfast was nice, maybe they could add Nutella for us coming from Europe. :-) Atmosphere is pleasant though I have been to more social hostels. There is a lot going in the close proximity of the hostel and this is definitely a plus. Overall, staying here was a good value for money.

Staff need to be infinitely more engaged and enthusiastic.

Great place brilliant location showers have no pressure but besides that a AWESOME place to stay

Great warm feeling at this hostel, very easy to make new friends while traving by yourself. Very short walk to the train which makes it easy to get around town.

We had a good stay. The location is a little out of down town, but perfectly easely by the red line. The staff was super helpful and friendly. It was very clean wich is always nice. There are not many showers so that created a que in the morning. They profide pancakes for breakfast but there whernt enough. The lovelly girls working in the morning had to run between the breakfast and check-in/out. The out side tarrace is very nice! Overal defenitly worthe the money!

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, clean and quiet. Having said that, if you want to hang out, you can do that in basement in a couzy common area.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Estonia

I loved the breakfast and the balcony. Everybody was totally nice and helpfull! Thanks for that fantastic stay!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Most expensive hostel I've ever spent but really great. Paid $80!! Too much for every Hostal!

Hi there :) Thank you again for your positive review :) We are glad you had a great time. Just wanted to explain that our prices are very competitive in Chicago and only during Chicago's biggest events like Lollapalooza Music Festival weekend are prices high like it was when you stayed. Enjoy your travels :)

Incredible location, a block from the subway and Wrigley Field. Very kind and helpful staff. One of the more expensive hostels I have been to but it was my first hostel in the States so could be normal. Bathrooms sometimes take a while in the morning, only one shower in a bathroom. The door was locked around 10 or 11 pm every night, if the person working is away from the front desk you must wait outside, we waited about eight minutes one night to get back in. Overall great stay, recommend.

The best hostel that I've stayed in the USA by far!

• 26th Jul 2014

A really nice hostel but the plumbing would need some renovation and there are not enough showers.