Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Staff is friendly and the place feels like home.

I stayed at the Wrigley Hostel during Memorial Day weekend and is was a great place to stay. The location is very good as there are a lot of bars in that area and together with the great atmosphere at the hostel it makes it THE place to be in Chicago. There are two remarks I have. I stayed in the 8 persons female dorm and there were only two plugs working. When I went to the reception, they couldn't help me out at all. Please fix this. The second tip I have is to replace the baths (flaking).

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

1. Please be more forthcoming about the cost and availability of parking in your webpage. 2. The young lady checking people in was confused and inefficient. 3. The room was barely large enough for the door to open, with two bunk beds crammed in. Seems in violation of some type of regulation. I will never stay here again despite the excellent location. $44 for that bunk in that little room with no A/C? No way.

• 21st May 2014

Very helpful staff. We tried to book this hostel 1 day in advance as we made a last minute decision to visit Chicago for the weekend. Brendan advised that there were no rooms left and instead found us a room at their sister hostel and booked it for us. Thanks! Without the help our trip would have not been possible.

• 18th May 2014

This hostel had a really great vibe. It was a close walk to the train station but it was a little scary walking there or back at night. It was tricky to find because there's no big sign but we eventually found it on foot. One upstairs bathroom I tried had no hot water but another on the lower level worked fine. The whole place is a little cramped, the kitchen is small with not much seating area but the downstairs media room is good.

Good hostel with a great common room with a BYO bar, pool table, darts, TV and couches. Very close to the subway that goes anywhere and easy to get to from downtown or the bus stations. Across the road from the baseball stadium which makes for a great vibe in the surrounding streets. Only problems were a lack of bathrooms and the pancake breakfast seemed to finish before the quoted time for some reason.

The staff was very very rude ! no smile, no greeting. They have rental bikes but it was being repaired. rest room out of order, dirty bathroom and dirty towels ( bring yours ;-) ) you want a locker you have to pay for it you cant go to the terace because it's an " emergency exit " you will find a lot of hair on your bed sheets ( nice and cool ) .. the wifi is the worst ever, if you want a breakfast i advise you to got up a 6 a.m otherwise there will be nothing for you.. no pizza as they say..

The hostel room got really hot in the mornings, they seemed to switch the heat on full blast around 5am.

I do not understand how it gets %90 review point. The room was very bad and dirty. The bed is not comfortable. There is no locker in the room. So you do not feel safe. The walls are thin. We are lucky that noisy neighbours left earlier. Some staff were helpful but one was very rude. She was close to communication. For O'Hare airport direction description, it would be better to take Red line after Blue line. As it is described in the webpage bus is not a good idea!

It was a last minute book for me. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am happy I decided to stay here. The staff is really helpful, the common room is fun, and the atmosphere is just perfect. Had an amazing time there and met great people from all around the world. Would recommend this place to everyone! :D

• 14th May 2014

Good location and had a pleasant stay. Only wish they scheduled a few more social events to mingle with other guests.

Some good and some bad. I think the changes planned for the future will make it BETTER. Look forward to seeing the place grow and prosper. I wish some of the guests would disappear, being a small place, (the common room), and no place else go in the building, the character of the visit can change back and forth from good to bad, and back to good, back and forth, ... depending on whose dominating the shared space when you're there.

The showers are very, very bad !!!

Excellent hostel. The location was spot-on; I was recommended Chicago as a 'bar city' and the Wrigley area did not disappoint! There's many drinking holes within easy walking distance. If you're looking for sight-seeing, Wrigley Field is literally just around the corner and the public transport 'L' line is just around the other corner. Super easy to get to downtown and everything Chicago has to offer. Staff went above and beyond to make my experience a smooth one. Definite value for money!

• 28th Apr 2014

The workers are Very friendly and helpful! The Pancake breakfast was nice and the lounge was pretty neat, if you have nothing to do then hang out there and meet people from around the world. Call before you get there if you have a car, the parking situation is kind of sucky. Carry $5 CASH for a key deposit. Bring ear plugs if you are in a bigger room because the symphony of snores is inevitable. Shower early or wait. If you like bars there are several within walking distance and Wrigley Field.

Room was exceptionally warm (easily 80+ degrees all night) + thin walls/floors = miserable experience trying to sleep. OTOH, location is great and, while the building is rather dated, the facilities were fairly clean.

It was an incredible trip and wonderful stay. I met some very interesting people and it was an experience I would not trade.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great location. Security is ok but it would be nice to have bigger lockers. Staff is quite nice and I guess the atmosphere is nice too, if that's what you're looking for. BUT when you only come to have a good night sleep you will be disppointed. Only two bathrooms and one of them is antique, most of the dorms are downstairs (no windows so no fresh air and there's no clim), no parking despite what is said on their page and a very small breakfast (no orange juice, hardly enough food for all).

Hi :) Thank you for posting your review :) I am glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago. I am sorry you were not shown where all 10 of our bathrooms were. Our Free Parking is available to guests who reserve parking passes prior to arrival and our Free Breakfast is to be amazing this year with fresh fruit and pancakes available all morning :) So please be sure to visit us again next time you come to Chicago :)

This place was awesome! met so many great people! i was in an awesome room, we basically made up half the pub crawl. Facilities really nice and clean and staff are super nice too. I would certainly recommend staying here and if I'm ever back i'll stay here again. Wrigley is a great area and short train ride to downtown. It's great here!!

great place right next to Wrigley Field and late check out!