Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Very nice, good location in a lively neighborhood, less than 10minutes run from the lake, good breakfast.

Location was good especially due to me being there during the baseball playoffs as it was right beside the stadium and many bars. Unfortunately, likely due to the baseball, my stay cost me $70 for the night. So in my own experience this was way too much for the experience provided. I am sure the prices must drop when the playoffs are not in town. The rooms were decent but no ensuite, not even a toilet. Bathrooms were pretty dirty with lots of hair. Facilities were average. Likely wont stay again

Very nice, I liked it, try it!

It was OK. The rooms are quite small for 4 people with luggage.

When we arrived the women working at from desk did not what to help us with some information about Chicago. She said she didn't know and wouldn't offer to take a min to look a few things up. We had a staff member walk into our room at 7 am change the sheets and let a backpacker sleep in the bed above me. But we were allowed to check in until 2 pm. Not only did he interup out sleep he allowed some random person to check in at 7 am.

• 16th Oct 2015

Nice and helpful staff, nice place to stay.

Great location by Wrigley field if you're headed for a Cubs game, and right by the subway if you're headed anywhere else! The kitchen is a little tiny. er, cozy, but breakfast included fruit which is great since I'm lactose intolerant.

this place is a blast. every time i stay here i have no problems making new friends. the staff is great, super cool and down to earth(so show them respect). if your looking to have a lot of fun stay at Wrigley Hostel.

• 2nd Oct 2015

It's ace. If you don't know Chicago and look at the location on a map you might think it's a bit out of the way, but it's not the case. There are so many awesome bars everywhere around this hostel and the train station is very close by if you're heading elsewhere. If you're driving you should know that they don't have parking for you despite what it says here, they send you to a garage that costs $28 a day! Don't go there though, there is an app called spothero, we parked for $7/day at Belmont.

The only thing I miss on this hotel is no real sign saying that you're on the spot except a little sign on the door itself

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

I have stayed here multiple times and have been happy with the stay every time. The people are nice and accommodating.

• 23rd Sep 2015

I had a great stay at Wrigley staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome hostel is conveniently located near the 24h red metro line

• 19th Sep 2015

The highlight is the location, close the public transportation, bars, restaurants and shops. The pancakes for breakfast were nice, but they should not say that they have fresh fruit and varied breakfast. It's really not, and there were no fruits. The bathroom was the not nice, and the shower barely had water pressure. The bedroom was nice and clean.

Transportation is pretty convenient !

Great hostel.... made up in no small party by Lyndsey, who aside from making fantastic hot dogs also went out of her way to make sure each and every guest had what they needed. The hostel itself is in a great location, is clean, lots of bathrooms and I was surprised by the free breakfast (maybe it is on the list though?) Anyway, thoroughly recommended.

I stayed in 3 hsotels in chicago, this was the worst. The owner and assistant are unsure how hsotels work i feel as they close all social areas anytime between 10.45-11.30 depending on their mood and threaten to kick you out if you even make a whiper after the decided time. Hostels are supposed to be social and not based around the two peoples who run its "Moods". Facilities also majorly lacking compared to the other places I stayed.

The experience was great, lovely location in a lively, fun neighborhood. Comfortable beds. The other people staying were super fun and I made friends almost immediately . My only issue was the female staff member I encountered in the morning. She was in a very sour mood and was extremely rude for no apparent reason. She made feel uncomfortable as though they had to tip-toe around her. I would love to go back next time I'm in chicago, I would just hope she wasn't working at the time.

• 11th Sep 2015

Really nice place to stay, super clean too. Stayed in a mixed dorm and really liked it.

This is really great place, I like it so much! It is located in very good neighborhood (a lot of pubs - woo-hoo!!!) and is in just 1-2 min walk to metro (about 20-30 min to get to The Loop). Staff is very helpful and friendly. Pancakes at breakfasts were delicious and made me smile every morning. Thank you, guys! )) I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Russia

This place was so clean and friendly, and I cannot wait until my next trip to Chicago, I definitely wish to stay here again!

• 9th Sep 2015