Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

In the outskirts of Chicago close to the Cubs stadium. Very basic facilities and no air conditioning, which made the rooms very hot and it was virtually impossible to sleep. Too few bathrooms for the amount of beds the hostel had. Staff was nice and helpful.

Hi :) Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. We have made some great improvements since your stay. All bedrooms now have adequate air conditioning for guests and our bathroom facilities have expanded to accommodate our guests needs. Thank you for mentioning that we are located outside Wrigley Field Baseball Stadium and are in one of the most exciting neighborhoods in Chicago, just 15 minutes from Downtown. We look forward to your next stay with us at Wrigley Hostel.

Good place to meet people. Strong WiFi. New towel everyday. They have pancake breakfast. I've had pancake breakfast since SEA. Only downside is there I'd only 1 good shower. The others has a weak pressure.

Deciding to stay at this hostel was one of the best choices I took. It was really good and I had the chance of meeting people from around the world with whom I spent the following days around the city. You cannot feel alone!!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Clean and nice. Close to the red line metro and easy to get into town in 10mins or so. Right near the stadium if you want to catch a game. If they aren't playing the white sox stadium is at the other end of the red line so easy to get to Parking very unclear on the site. I emailed several times before to ask for parking and got no reply. In the end there were no spaces when we arrived but there's a big public car park just a minutes walk away for $20 a night which seemed perfectly secure.

I loved my stay at Wrigly Hostel. The only thing I wish was better was the water pressure/temperature in the upstairs bathrooms. There was next to no water pressure. Downstairs wasn't bad, just upstairs.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very kind staff, everything was great until 2:30am some guest start to get to the rooms slamming doors and talking loud

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Venezuela

Clean, friendly environment and breakfast provided!

• 31st May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Very friendly staff, happy to do just some more to make you happy, nice and clean dorms, excellent location. If I will come back to Chicago, I would definitely stay at Wrigley Hostel again. And I arrived in the middle of the night, which was no problem with their 24-hour staffed reception.

The location and everything was great! However the 4 people dorms where a little small for the price

• 28th May 2014

Staff is friendly and the place feels like home.

I stayed at the Wrigley Hostel during Memorial Day weekend and is was a great place to stay. The location is very good as there are a lot of bars in that area and together with the great atmosphere at the hostel it makes it THE place to be in Chicago. There are two remarks I have. I stayed in the 8 persons female dorm and there were only two plugs working. When I went to the reception, they couldn't help me out at all. Please fix this. The second tip I have is to replace the baths (flaking).

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

1. Please be more forthcoming about the cost and availability of parking in your webpage. 2. The young lady checking people in was confused and inefficient. 3. The room was barely large enough for the door to open, with two bunk beds crammed in. Seems in violation of some type of regulation. I will never stay here again despite the excellent location. $44 for that bunk in that little room with no A/C? No way.

• 21st May 2014

Very helpful staff. We tried to book this hostel 1 day in advance as we made a last minute decision to visit Chicago for the weekend. Brendan advised that there were no rooms left and instead found us a room at their sister hostel and booked it for us. Thanks! Without the help our trip would have not been possible.

• 18th May 2014

This hostel had a really great vibe. It was a close walk to the train station but it was a little scary walking there or back at night. It was tricky to find because there's no big sign but we eventually found it on foot. One upstairs bathroom I tried had no hot water but another on the lower level worked fine. The whole place is a little cramped, the kitchen is small with not much seating area but the downstairs media room is good.

Good hostel with a great common room with a BYO bar, pool table, darts, TV and couches. Very close to the subway that goes anywhere and easy to get to from downtown or the bus stations. Across the road from the baseball stadium which makes for a great vibe in the surrounding streets. Only problems were a lack of bathrooms and the pancake breakfast seemed to finish before the quoted time for some reason.

The staff was very very rude ! no smile, no greeting. They have rental bikes but it was being repaired. rest room out of order, dirty bathroom and dirty towels ( bring yours ;-) ) you want a locker you have to pay for it you cant go to the terace because it's an " emergency exit " you will find a lot of hair on your bed sheets ( nice and cool ) .. the wifi is the worst ever, if you want a breakfast i advise you to got up a 6 a.m otherwise there will be nothing for you.. no pizza as they say..

The hostel room got really hot in the mornings, they seemed to switch the heat on full blast around 5am.

I do not understand how it gets %90 review point. The room was very bad and dirty. The bed is not comfortable. There is no locker in the room. So you do not feel safe. The walls are thin. We are lucky that noisy neighbours left earlier. Some staff were helpful but one was very rude. She was close to communication. For O'Hare airport direction description, it would be better to take Red line after Blue line. As it is described in the webpage bus is not a good idea!

It was a last minute book for me. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am happy I decided to stay here. The staff is really helpful, the common room is fun, and the atmosphere is just perfect. Had an amazing time there and met great people from all around the world. Would recommend this place to everyone! :D

• 14th May 2014

Good location and had a pleasant stay. Only wish they scheduled a few more social events to mingle with other guests.