Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

snoooring roommate, like a truck

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

This place is really good. It's an old school hostel. On the other hand it seems like a relatively new business; they're still renovating the upper floors of the old brick apt. Building that they're converting to hostel rooms. It's really clean--like no grime anywhere. The bathrooms are more like residential bathrooms with a vanity and shower/bath behind a closed door( as opposed to a giant shower room.) very social atmosphere; good social common room for pre party. Nice kitchens, good location.

There was a very limited breakfast included, The fruit ran out very quickly, cereal as an alternative to pancakes would be good.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a FANTASTIC location if you want to be near Wrigley Field, only 1/2 a block from the stadium! The rooms are colorful and beds sufficient for a hostel. It's actually pretty quiet, too, given location (and the Cubs won that night!) . The air fresheners are a bit overpowering, but all in all, I'd recommend them and would stay there again.

Wifi is not working.

• 24th May 2015

Great comfortable beds, great location, great breakfast.

• 23rd May 2015

I've been there for one night only, but what I saw is a very "party-oriented" hostel, which is absolutely good if you want to party, but not that great if you want to sleep and there's apparently no rule asking guests not to yell in the corridors at 2am. Also, the walls are very thin. On the bright side the room I was in was wide and clean and although the bathroom wasn't spick and span, it was absolutely acceptable considering I got there in the evening (they clean in the morning I guess)

• 23rd May 2015

Very poor experience. It was a hot weekend and the hostel has no AC which is understandable but my room's ceiling fan didn't work either. This made it almost impossible to sleep. On top of that there were only 2 showers for the entire hostel which is absurd. I counted at least 100 beds and only 2 showers made showering difficult. Thirdly, they provided no lockers for my room. This is unacceptable. I've stayed in hostels in colombia and Mozambique that were run better than this one.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you did not have the best time you could have with us. We want to let you know that every bedroom has an AC unit and that the hostel has 10 showers for guests to use. Excitingly we have recently renovated many of our bathrooms as well. We have lockers available to all guests and many rooms have lockers in the room with lockers available outside bedrooms for those that do not. We welcome you back with us again to show you the best experience we provide.

The staff at this hostel were brilliant to us during our stay in Chicago. We ended up sharing a dorm room with some incredibly rude, loud and messy girls. We were moved to a private room as the girls remained completely inconsiderate even after warnings from staff. The staff at this hostel went above and beyond for us and we really appreciated their efforts. It's a 2 minute walk to the nearest train station and freshly made pancakes are available every morning. Would definately stay here again.

Was no tourist information at all in the hostel. Other hostels advertised they organized pub crawls or things to do for guests or offered info on things to do. No enough keys available for the room. Borrowed my key to get more cut I got locked out of my room for 40 minutes after going for a shower. The light in the room didnt work I asked 3 times for it to be fixed and it never got fixed.

• 14th May 2015

This is out of all my expectation. It is worth for every penny of it.

I was extremely pleased to have had the opportunity to stay at Wrigley Hostel! The staff was extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. It was a great location, especially being so close to the train. It had a vibrant, young atmosphere and attracted travelers from all over the world! I hope to stay there again soon!

• 24th Apr 2015

Unlike my expectation that the location wouldn't be good, it was pretty easy to go everywhere I wanted to visit. Plus, there are several great restaurants near here. I'm satisfied with my stay. However, it was a shame that there aren't enough shower rooms. Honestly, it didn't matter for me because there were not that many guests at that time, but it should be a problem during busy season. The last thing I want to say is about the staffs. They are very nice and kind. Thanks for your warm heart!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel is clean, friendly, conveniently located (on the red subway line) and well-priced. The breakfast is really good (especially as far as hostel breakfasts) and the staff is very helpful. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm for 3 nights during a conference and had a super comfortable sleep each night. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to Chicago!

• 19th Apr 2015

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Well, the small breakfast was absolutely sufficient for me since I usually eat a banana and have a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is half a block away from a red line station, a seven eleven bars and restaurants and therefore super convenient. I will most likely stay here again.

Great place n great location ! Walking distance to metro n bars ! Bathrooms were super clean n bed were comfy. Def would come back here again

Had a wonderful time here! Great location, just a few minute walk from Wrigley Field, the red line, and about 1000 different bars

• 4th Apr 2015

great hostel. very clean. i had no problems with the staff. wifi works well. free breakfast. pancakes, fruit and coffee. i thought the pancakes were pretty good. there aren't a lot of things to do near the hostel other than wrigley field - just some bars and restaurants - but the train is very close. if i come back to chicago i would stay here again

• 2nd Apr 2015

GREAT HOSTEL. excellent location to see the BEST of chicago (not just the typical tourist places). walking distance (about .5 mile/under a kilometer walk at most) to the best bars and restaurants, etc. in most aspects, it's on the same level with the best hostels i've stayed in. it's very clean and feels homey. you can LOCK your luggage before check in time, which is rare compared to hostels in asia.

The only possible problem was there was a bit of a wait for the bathrooms sometimes. Other than that, they have great games to play, a bar, an awesome deck with a grill on it, and the rooms were super nice and comfy.