Wrigley Hostel Reviews

3514 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, USA

Some good and some bad. I think the changes planned for the future will make it BETTER. Look forward to seeing the place grow and prosper. I wish some of the guests would disappear, being a small place, (the common room), and no place else go in the building, the character of the visit can change back and forth from good to bad, and back to good, back and forth, ... depending on whose dominating the shared space when you're there.

The showers are very, very bad !!!

Excellent hostel. The location was spot-on; I was recommended Chicago as a 'bar city' and the Wrigley area did not disappoint! There's many drinking holes within easy walking distance. If you're looking for sight-seeing, Wrigley Field is literally just around the corner and the public transport 'L' line is just around the other corner. Super easy to get to downtown and everything Chicago has to offer. Staff went above and beyond to make my experience a smooth one. Definite value for money!

• 28th Apr 2014

The workers are Very friendly and helpful! The Pancake breakfast was nice and the lounge was pretty neat, if you have nothing to do then hang out there and meet people from around the world. Call before you get there if you have a car, the parking situation is kind of sucky. Carry $5 CASH for a key deposit. Bring ear plugs if you are in a bigger room because the symphony of snores is inevitable. Shower early or wait. If you like bars there are several within walking distance and Wrigley Field.

Room was exceptionally warm (easily 80+ degrees all night) + thin walls/floors = miserable experience trying to sleep. OTOH, location is great and, while the building is rather dated, the facilities were fairly clean.

It was an incredible trip and wonderful stay. I met some very interesting people and it was an experience I would not trade.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great location. Security is ok but it would be nice to have bigger lockers. Staff is quite nice and I guess the atmosphere is nice too, if that's what you're looking for. BUT when you only come to have a good night sleep you will be disppointed. Only two bathrooms and one of them is antique, most of the dorms are downstairs (no windows so no fresh air and there's no clim), no parking despite what is said on their page and a very small breakfast (no orange juice, hardly enough food for all).

Hi :) Thank you for posting your review :) I am glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago. I am sorry you were not shown where all 10 of our bathrooms were. Our Free Parking is available to guests who reserve parking passes prior to arrival and our Free Breakfast is to be amazing this year with fresh fruit and pancakes available all morning :) So please be sure to visit us again next time you come to Chicago :)

This place was awesome! met so many great people! i was in an awesome room, we basically made up half the pub crawl. Facilities really nice and clean and staff are super nice too. I would certainly recommend staying here and if I'm ever back i'll stay here again. Wrigley is a great area and short train ride to downtown. It's great here!!

great place right next to Wrigley Field and late check out!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »