Wuhan Pathfinder International Youth Hostel Reviews

368# Zhong Shan Rd, Wuchang District, Wuhan, China

Place was by far the dirtyiest hostel I have stayed in last few years! Bathrooms smells like raw sewage & has spider webs all over. No lockers in the dorm room = it's china make or buy some, they aren't expensive! Bedding felt like it was 20 years old & for the homeless! Cats & dogs walking around inside hostel made hygiene issues greater! Staff was nice but obviously lazy. I checked out early & was giving a refund. I am unsure how they can be a YHA place with conditions that bad!

This is a great hostel, in a really beautiful peaceful location. Nice vibe inside with all the art on the walls (would've added to it but can't draw or paint). The bar is very chilled and comfortable, and the staff were very friendly. Only con was the lack of wifi in the rooms, but made me spend less time on my tablet, and more time exploring Wuhan. Would definitely come back.

Did not check us in at the agreed time and we had to wait many hours in the early morning. It was a Hostelworld glitch, it seems.

This hostel was generally really good - it has a nice atmosphere, with a lot of space to chill out. I especially liked the cafe/bar area, and it was easy to meet and talk to other travellers. The graffiti theme is pretty cool. I only have some slight complaints - when it reached midnight we were told to go to bed rather than being able to stay up and talk in the communal area. Also, there were some leaks in the bar roof, and I got slightly wet!

I was staying 2 nights at pathfinder's. The staff was friendly and could also speak english. I instantly got to know some other people, so the atmoshpere is really good. The rooms were simple but clean.

The staff was very helpful, the location was near a subway station, and nearby there's a great street with some nice cafes, the only negative was there's a curfew for the common area, and the room I stayed in didnt receive the wifi very well

The worst hostel I've ever been,very dirty, lots of mosquitos and spiders,very smelly everywhere,couldn't fall asleep at all! no locker in the room,shower place is very dirty as well, water is very small and not hot enough,had a cold shower.asked the receptionist for an anti mosquito machine,because they provide the anti mosquito chips but I could't find the machine in the room.the answer is: only if u can find it in the room! what an awful hostel! Only stay one night and would never come back!

Really bad experience. Dirty, unsafe, no wifi, no towel, shower under Chinese toilets so you can not even take a shower. Worst experience !

Excellent place to stay and enjoyed the bar in the evening and the live music and inexpensive drink, excellent value and close to subway. Comfortable twin room to myself, shower not brilliant. Good breakfast and efficient and pleasant staff. I am a UK citizen working in another Chinese city and was involved in a weekend Rugby tournament.

• 8th Nov 2014