Wuhan Pathfinder International Youth Hostel Reviews

368# Zhong Shan Rd, Wuchang District, Wuhan, China

I was in 4bed dorm. Bedsheet is not clean enough, there is some used tissue paper on my bed. The shared toilet is very bad smell. Staff for hostel is not helpfull , and she doesnt know that well about the visit place and bus. Only thing is good for here is restuarant, all the staff in restuarant is very nice.

A glorious, decorated, slightly-crumbling hostel. The most hostel-y hostel I've ever stayed at, and it offers good, cheap food in a nice restaurant/bar. But... beware of the toilets! Get an ensuite room if you can.

Really nice path findet hostel and a very nice Lobby:) Coffee is very good and we also got Perfect western breakfast for less money Rooms in the 2nd room was good

Staff adviced me wrongly and I almost missed my train because of that. When I confronted them with the problem they just said sorry instead of helping me getting to the train station. Sad experience for me. I had to walk with all my heavy bags for 45 minutes to get to the train station. Next timt I rather trust myself :(

We booked a four bed dorm with ensuite, the room and beds were clean, however the bathroom was the worst we experienced in China. Only a squat toilet with a shower over and the smell was unbearable. The shared bathrooms were better and would have been ok to use if staying in a dorm with no ensuite. The common room/bar was nice and the food was good, tasty and value for money. The wifi worked in the bar and lobby. The metro was easily accessible and good links to big cities on the train.

All in all i think is is a nice hostel, but the staff could be a bit more friendly.

The house looks really ancient but also very modern, facilities are in good status, and there are notes by others on the wall which are quite lovely and make people feel some kind of warmth.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • China

No computer for internet access, although wifii is available. It was very cold in Wuhan, but the lounge area that was comfortable was not that warm. Easy using the metro to get to.

It was ok, we had to stay one night only. Staff on duty didn't know much English, but we communicated somehow. The bathrooms were rather cold (what's not so great in January).

Wifi was dodgy and our room- twin- could only be described as a shack to be fully honest, full of clutter, and cold- the windows were broken so they couldn't be shut properly. Staff and common room was ok, don't trust the pictures for food though. Bus stop was right around the corner but taxi drivers might get confused about where the hostel

• 15th Jan 2014

Although it's nudged behind a main road, this arthouse-building-turned-into-hostel might be the only quiet place in China. Lots of space, nice rustic/artsy vibe, live music shows on Saturdays, an interesting crowd of (mostly Chinese) travellers, and English-speaking staff. I got there in a cold day and was immediately offered a bowl of hot porridge by the owner. They sell western(ish) food for around 30rmb a dish. Basically as good as a hostel in China gets; will definitely stay over again.

The bed was rock hard. The shower over the squat toilet was not what we were expecting.

Second visit. Very lovely hostel with nice decorations. They were preparing for Halloween when I was there. The staff were helpful with all sorts of questions and it was a fair price for such hotels in Wuhan. Bathroom/toilet wasn't too clean though.