X Hostel Alicante

Fabulous 1359 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2017
5.4

I enjoyed my stay at X Hostel, although I found it quite a long walk from the beach and to the old town. The staff were very engaging and ensure a very proactive approach to your stay. August is a very busy month I presume and it can be a little overwhelming seeing so many people in a small apartment. The quality of beds are unfortunately not great so you won't be able to rest as much but for the price you can't really go wrong.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Aug 2017
6.0

The staff was friendly and helpful, but he hostel itself was kinda gross. It wasn't that clean. There's no air conditioning, so they leave the windows open. I woke up COVERED in mosquito bites. Also no wifi past the first floor. definitely not worth what you pay.

People fail to realize that this is a backpacker´s hostel. Not a hotel, not even a 1 star hotel. We are extremely clean for any hostel standards. All of our bathrooms are detail cleaned daily between 12h and 14h. People have to take into account that these are not private bathrooms. They are shared bathrooms. How they look after someone else’s use, comes down to how considerate they are to others. Short of having someone in the bathroom cleaning after every use, we maintain throughout the day. Please come here to meet others, socialize, have a good time, and enjoy the company of likeminded travelers.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2017
8.0

Small and decent hostel for the price. Very basic. Rooftop area with a bar is cool for meeting others. The windows are pretty sketchy though

Our hostel is far from basic. It has artwork everywhere you turn. The common room alone has loads of artwork from special guests. And that’s just the common room. The sketchy windows you mention are very unique and were designed by the owner and architect of the building who is well known in Alicante. Please come here to meet others, socialize, have a good time, and enjoy the company of likeminded travelers.

6th Aug 2017
6.3

It seems like the staff has made some of the comments. Some of my food disappeared, my towel was moved and mixed with others people towels. I didn't enjoyed it at all.

Throughout our 6 plus years, we have made many bonds and long lasting friendships at our hostel. Needless to say we have over 240 people with the X tattooed permanently on their bodies. We have successfully created a backpackers vibe that is hard to find in many other hostels. People leave and return because they can’t find another place like ours. The fact that you didn’t see that while you were here is a total shame. We clearly state that this is not just a place to sleep. You are sadly mistaken for insinuating that our reviews are fake. My advise to everyone that comes to our hostel is: socialize, have a good time, and enjoy the company of likeminded travelers.

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Aug 2017

Great atmosphere, really friendly and helpful staff, cool roof terrace! Only downside is that the rooms get really hot as there is no air con just fans.

• alinesoares
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2017

The hostel has a really chilled vibe. The members of staff are all young and were all very nice and helpful. It is a bit of a mess, visually, but i guess that's the style. You cannot use the kitchen after 23h I think, but they actually lock the door, so if you have food there, you cant get it. They have a really nice terrace. From my room i could hear a lot of noise from the street, witch was annoying, but not the end of the world. Good for socializing, everyone is open, young, nice and chilled.

23rd Jul 2017

Great stay and staff and other visitors of all types and places here to have a good time. Staff was great answering questions, being organized, and pleasant overall. Area is great and plenty to do. Enjoy!! :)

• aroselm
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

I had a really great time, the hostel is good and the staff are amazing .

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

Excellent hostel and excellent staff really enjoyed my stay here so much I went from one night to five.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
8.0

Although the hostel was a little outdated and run down facilities wise, it was all made up with the awesome people who run the hostel and the atmosphere that was created by those staying there. I had the best time staying at X Hostel and ended up extending my stay.