X Hostel Alicante Reviews

Calle Tucuman, 28, Alicante, Spain

We loved our expérience in this hostel!!! Thank you to the staff

• 24th Oct 2014

No doubt for X-Hostel simply being the best hostel on my travels. The staff kept the hostel very clean and unlimited hot showers felt luxurious when you often have to struggle with them, but not here! Nice kitchen and common area, and the terrace where you can easily meet new people and have a beer with fellow travelers while getting ready for an awesome night out! Thank you for the amazing staff for making unforgettable times at the X!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Finland

A very loud hostel. Don't expect a great sleep. People coming and going at all hours of the night.

We thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we do sympathize with your comment. With all do respect however, noise on a weekend in a fully sold out hostel is to be expected. We can not control when people come and go or how noisy a person may or may not be when exiting and entering a shared room. Keep in mind that during the weekdays, there is a much higher probability of less noise from late night party goers. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Staff and manager were amazing. They helped whenever I had a question and even when I had to change my booking a little were very flexable.Great atmosphere and the group dinners were good value for money and a lovely experience. A home away from home kind of feel there.very clean! The beds did have a built in ladder squeak function and an italian decided to let the ENTIRE! hostel know the more colourfull side of his language as he threw a hissy fit at 5 in the morning at late entry people.

Overall the staff was really excellent, They improve on one point. There was a Sicilian guest whose behaviour I found bigoted, mysoginistic and homophobic. This guy mingled with some staff members, especially two, one guy and one girl. I think staff should not tolerate this kind of beheviour in such an international and civilised environment. Staff and people should not be standing and talking loudly under hostel's open windows at 3:30 in the morning.

Hey guys at X, my friend Pete and I (two Brits) stayed with you last week and had the time of our lives. A hostel with great value for money, all of the staff are wonderful people and some epic bar crawls. Will be recommending X to anyone heading Spain-way!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very rude staff, made to feel very unwelcome. Hostel was dead, no atmosphere. Only other people I saw were the staff. Door to the room did not close, no air con, never ever sweated so much was very uncomfortable and sleeping was impossible due to noise outside. Showers rooms were smelly and dirty. Would NOT go back, one of the worst hostels simply due to the staff.

We are truly sorry for what appears to have been a nightmare for you. There is no excuse for anyone especially staff for being rude to anyone. So for that, my apologies and i assure you, this is not our typical behavior and our reviews clearly reflect that. Those days were very slow unfortunately but we do have common areas to socialize. Yes, its warm in the south of Spain and we dont advertise air con. We have ceiling fans which 9 out of 10 times guests have them on low instead of high.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! The location was only a 15 minute walk from the beach, but it was a wonderful walk through the city. Everything was cleaned every day at the hostel. The best aspect of this hostel is definitely the staff. They're so friendly and help you with any questions you have. When they have time off, they'll even come with you to beach or into the city. This was my first time traveling alone, but with such a friendly hostel I never felt lonely.

• 5th Sep 2014

There's a lot of staff and rotating quickly. You would hardly meet the same person again. However, all were friendly and helpful.

• 5th Sep 2014

Staff was great. Thanks to owner Alfie for such a great fun place and to all the staff Monica, Fernando, Tilia...Had so much fun at the best pub crawl I ever had. Terrace was great to meet people. Kitchen could be a little bigger and need more space to store food.

X Hostel is a real backpackers place, it does the job very well. The staff and owners are fantastic, really helpful and friendly. The common areas are excellent, wifi worked throughout. The roof terrace was kind of quiet but did the job. The pub crawls organised were great, it's a very social hostel, super easy to find from the train station. I'd stay here again any time, it's location is good, there just isn't really that much to see in Alicante.

This one was a big surprise. I came to Alicante thinking it was a old people resort, and I got there to get some rest after few weeks of partying. Turns out - I kept on partying in Alicante. The best thing about this hostel is the staff and the atmosphere. All the other things are great as well. Can't complain about anything I think. Usually, I think that hostels can't be nice, clean and secure and a party hostel at the same time, but this one does. I'd go to Alicante again just to stay here

Great hostel, very friendly staff and great atmosphere! Had an awesome and fun time there!!

best hostel I've ever stayed in! Everything is clean, rooms are big and have lockers. Kitchen is fully equipped. Large common room with computer (free to use). Best things in the hostel: terrace and staff! Terrace is just amazing to meet up with other guest, share stories etc., it even has a bar with the tastiest mojitos! (cheap drinks!) - the staff is the most friendliest, funniest and most helpful staff I've ever met! They always have plenty activities planned during the week! :-)

Great atmosphere and facilities. Nice roof terrace (terrible mojito there).

Very nice hostel with a great atmosphere and super friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again!

Good hostal! The girl at the desk helped us book a cool snorkel tour and was very nice. A guy that worked at the hostal invited us to beer pong so that was really nice of him as well. Had a chat with the owner the next day he was really nice and relaxed as well!! The 8 bed dorm was great with big windows that really helped in the warm Alicante. Big lockers and excellent bathrooms. The common area downstairs was really cool with nice couches and a wall with cool writings on the wall.

A fantastic welcome, right from the check in to the tour around the place by the friendly staff there. Then I was invited to the evening outing, and introduced to people. Really great, really appreciated. I LOVED this hostel, and the town is fantastic too.

It was one of the best hostels, I stayed in my whole life yet. Go there! It's amazing, everybody comes together and it's so much fun, like one big family.

I like very much this hostel. They are very friendly and great place to meet new people! but careful the kitchen only open at 09:00 am.... my fight was very early and I had to leave my food stuff because it was closed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3