X Hostel Alicante Reviews

Calle Tucuman, 28, Alicante, Spain

Just had to say I had an amazing time here, by far the best hostel I have stayed at in Alicante. Everyone staying in the hostel come together at night at the terrace bar. Its such as a great atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and helpful- happy to take us round the bars! The facilities (kitchen, showers/ bathrooms, common room) are modern and clean and the owners are super cool- they have a pit-bull called Nena! I had a really enjoyable stay here and will definitely be back!

• 27th Aug 2015

Thought I would leave another review seeing as it's been a while! Another great trip- with such a warm welcome from Alfie, Nahir and Nena (the famous pitt bull!) Staff were awesome and really helpful- loved hanging out with them on the terrace and the new terrace bar is THE best idea ever. Hostel is super clean as usual and the new kitchen is fab! Will miss you X Hostel! Can't wait to come back next summer! :):)

Loved this hostel. Staff were great. Lovely roof terrace area. Well equipped kitchen. Great location and beds. Would definitely stay again. Thanks guys!

Awesome hostel! Rooftop terrace is lovely, great vibe, nice people, lots of fun =)

It was a great stay at X hostel. Very friendly, welcoming and knowledgable staff. The owner cares a lot about the guest.They actually give you a tour of the whole hostel which I have never experienced that in any other hostel. It was very hot but it wasn't my first time in Alicante so i expected it to be. If you can adapt to the hot, humid weather you will have a blast at this place and have such a positive experience. Nora, Sophie, Monika thank you once again for a awesome stay.

Really great atsmosphere and such nice and cheap sangría!!!

• 8th Aug 2015

Had a great day at X Hostel, very friendly staff and best pubcrawl ever! ;)

X hostel is the place to be if you're looking for a hostel with a great and outgoing atmosphere! I went to X hostel last year and came back this summer because of it. It's super easy to meet people and the staff is amazing. The only con would be the lack of air conditioning which makes it hard to sleep at night. Other than that, an awesome hostel!

Great staff, good location. Only complaint is there is no A.C. and it gets pretty hot at night. Other than that we had a positive experience! Also super close to a great grocery store!

Really liked the atmosphere here, had loads of fun with other travellers and the staff too! Could do with aircon in summer as rooms get hot! Overall would recommend!

Amazing hostel! The staff are amazing; so helpful and extremely friendly. Made lots of new friends and really enjoyed my stay here. Would definitely recommend and don't forget to join everyone on the roof for €1 sangria!

Had great fun & met some great people. The staff were super helpful and lots of craic!!

The room was very big, but for 8 beds just 2 fans (there was just one and i has to ask for having an extra one). It was all very clean. They organized pub crowls. I didn't like that the staff was not always at the reception and that they spoke english and not spanish. Anyway they were very kind. The bar was open just few hours in the evening.

It had no air conditioning the staff were hardly ever available and it was very difficult to sleep

I didn't have a nice time in this hostel. Alicante is very hot in the summer and there was no air conditioning which made it uncomfortable to stay there. I had a very dark room with a bad smell. There was a window, but it looked out at a wall. We arrived there at half past 8 and the reception wasn't open so we had to wait on the streets for half an hour. At 14.00 they finally showed us around the hostel. Not a warm welcome. The pillows around the hostel were dirty and old. No nice atmosphere

Yes, it is hot, just as it is everywhere on the globe right now. Yes, we don't have aircon nor do we advertise that we do. And yes, we open at 9 and check in is at 14h. Who shows you around the hostel and to your room, x hostel does and not many other hostels do. Thats part of our reception to every guest and most people do appreciate the gesture. You fail to mention we bent over backwards to make the room as comfortable as we could by adding small fans to each bed during your stay.

The Hostel is a good stay for out-going people with preferation in city flair. Nice people around. Creative living room. The opening times of the common room and more important the kitchen are not comfortable (Opening at 9 am)... especially for early birds who want to explore the city or have to catch a bus to the airport.

I found the hostel to be an amazing place. Firstly the wonderful atmosphere, the staff, the social interaction. And then it is clean and basically has everything a hostel needs. I enjoyed spending a night there for sure, and would have spend many more.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Romania

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is amazing! It's super easy to meet other travelers. The staff is friendly and helpful. Couldn't recommend it enough!

(+) Very friendly hostel staff. (+) Fan in room. (+) Located in the middle of the center of Alicante. (+) Walking distance to the beach. (+) Staff cleans all bathrooms very often. (+) Atmosphere We had a very nice stay, the only a few disadvantages: (-) Very noisy all the time. You hear all night long passing cars on the road next to the hostel. (-) We were continuously being attacked by mosquito's until we bought us some anti-mosquito poison. (-) Sheets were very old (but clean).

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

After my 2 month trip this summer, X Hostel in Alicante was my best hostel experience! I stayed in the beginning my trip and enjoyed it so much that I came back to stay again. The bar on the roof terrace made it easy to meet people, and often there would be events like a pubcrawl or bbq, or the staff would the invite the guests to go out to the local bars. It's an easy walk to the beach, castle, and market, and in the summer most of the hostel ends up on the beach! Very good backpackers hostel!!

• 7th Jul 2015