X Hostel Alicante Reviews

Calle Tucuman, 28, Alicante, Spain

I really enjoyed my stay in X Hostel and if I ever come back to Alicante, I know where to stay!

• 19th Apr 2014

First 2 nights I stayed in a private and you could seriously hear everything from ppl taking a duke in the toilet next door. After moving to the dorm room this was actually a nicer setup, and surprisingly not as loud! The staff was excellent! Shout out to Alex and Kim for being more than just a staff, they're like friends now :) The common rooms were pretty cool, they could use some more seating on the terrace, maybe some more benches. I didn´t like that all the common rooms close by midnight.

Loved it! Specially the roof top and the common room. The atmosphere is great and it is a perfect place to meet other travelers. We stayed there for six nights and I hope one day we will go back. They organize activities like Dinner and Pub Crawls which you can attend. Thank you!

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Helpful staff, big roomes, great terrace for breakfast.

A very fun and friendly hostel. The staff were great, the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. A really fun pub crawl as well. This hostel is one of the best that I have ever stayed at.

When I first arrived at the hostel the staff were super friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and a reasonably sized locker was provided for any valuables. The terrace on the roof was perfect for relaxing during the day and its location in the city means the beach was no more than a 15 minute walk. The staff brought those of us who wanted to the local pubs and clubs and we had some great nights. Whatever your reason for coming Alicante be sure to stay at X Hostel.

• 9th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, great atmosphere and facilities, I felt very welcomed by the staff and was invited to do so many things with the group (as soon as I arrived we started making costumes for carnival). Location is great as well, 10 minutes walk to the beach and 5 or 10 minutes so some good clubs, but the hostel itself is in a quieter area. Also all the staff are knowledgeable about the area and will suggest loads of things to do. All in all the perfect hostel!!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Wales

It was a good trip, a lot of nice people to meet and doing stuff together at night with the staff. I just think the staff should have more knowledge about day trips and the region.

Thanks for your review. The staff, as in any place, will have different levels of knowledge depending on how long they have been in the city. I feel that we are very well informed and if we don´t have the answer, we will help you look for it. We also have a book of ideas sitting in the common room with day trips and city information. Front door and rooms are always locked and we provide lockers in the dorms. I dont feel that a 2 in security is justifiable. All the best and safe travels!

This has definitely been one of the best places ive stayed whilst traveling, it has a great atmosphere and the staff are really friendly,´thanks felicity, alexius, alfie and madi.They had a pub crawl and Spanish lessons so its really good for people traveling by themselves. The rooms are really tidy and you can fit quite a bit in the lockers. I would highly recommend staying here, its the place to be

• 4th Feb 2014

if you're looking for somewhere fun to stay in Alicante then look no further than X hostel. With its legendary pub crawls, amazing staff (Alexius, maddi and felicity) and awesome atmosphere this really is the perfect place to get away for a wild weekend with a few friends or to pass through on your travels and enjoy a night of mischief ;) warning: X hostel is so great you'll never wanna leave

• 1st Feb 2014

I only initially planned a few days in alicante .. I had no idea what there was to do and figured I would see it all and be ready to move on quickly. This is a very clean and happy little hostel.. we had lots of fun and everything went smoothly. The wifi was great in my room and found plenty of space to relax on the couch with a beer or in the warm days up on the roof terrace (soon to be hippest bar in the area).. i came knowing nobody but left with memories of friends and laughter. Stay here.

Kitchen with good facilities, nice to have a few cheeky drinks while cooking. A lot of Erasmus students staying there while we were there but they were really nice and quite considerate when returning from a night out. Good location to walk around Alicante and catch trains to go explore surrounding area as well. Manager was really helpful with info on what to do in Alicante! Would stay again if ever in Alicante!

Felt at home as soon as I got there! Staff very friendly and easy to talk to. The night after my stay I returned to X Hostel after getting completely lost in Alicante as a new arrival and they welcomed me back like family! Was very nice. Thank you Lex, Paula, Madi and Hannah!

• 20th Jan 2014

We had an amazing time in Alicante thanks to the Xhostel. The staff is nice and helpfull and OMG so fun! Do not hesitate to go pub crawling with them you will not regret it! Also the fact that you can eat at the hostel (not every night I think) with the staff and others hostelers for really cheap is a big plus! We'll be back for sure. Full love to everybody. Marine, Noémie and Romane

This is the place to ho if you are heading to Alicante. A true backpackers hostel with the best straff ever!! They are so welcoming and helpfull it almost hurts :) with a big common area, fully stocked kitchen and roof terrace this is the perfect place to meet other travelers. The staff also do everything to make you feel at home, taking you to parties and tapa tours and much more. This is truly a fantastic place and a home away from home. Love you guys!

Very good hostel with great staff

maybe the feeling that the place might become too "private" could be a handicap one day.

On the website it was promised coffee in the mornings, but it was missing several days, though the staff could have walked 200 m to the nearest supermarket and buy some. The beds were very creaky, and cause there was no common room open after midnight, u couldn't really stay in ur room withouth disturbing other travellers. People in staff seemed to be quite closeminded, i would expect that if u're working in a hostel, u should be more interested in other people and other cultures.

We do offer complimentary tea & coffee in the mornings, which may or may not be available after midday. If requested, we would be more than willing to provide. Our apologies if anything may have been taken out of context but our staff is very open minded and has great interest in other cultures. We always get positive feedback from guests from all over the world about our friendly staff. Our staff also kindly went for a walk of the city with you which you are not considering in this review.

nice people

great place to chill out for a while. ended up just extending once and again. lots of fun times!