X Hostel Alicante Reviews

Calle Tucuman, 28, Alicante, Spain

Noisy hostel from other guests and from the road, most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on felt like springs were broken, stinky showers, one tiny sink with no surface to put your things between a whole floor of people, staff were nice though.

Guests come & go, some are noiser than others. Its part of sharing a room with others. There is actually more than 1 sink on each floor & they all vary in sizes & surfaces to place all your toys. Unless someone had just numer 2 in the shower, the showers are scrub clean daily & maintained often during the busy evening mad rush. There are 2 full bathrooms on each level so plenty for the whole floor. Wish you would have stayed longer than 1 night to really appreciate what we have to offer.

I have travelled all around the world and XHostel Alicante was by far one of the best hostels I have ever been to. I believe a hostel is far from just cheap accomodation. It should have character and charm and provide a friendly and cheerful atmosphere for backpackers and alike to spend a great time. XHostel can be regarded as an exemplary model. The staff are geniuenly kind&helpful, the common room & terrace suitable for socialization and events well organized. And I loved the full kitchen! :)

• 6th Sep 2015
  • ziaie
  • Iran

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Awesome atmosphere, clean/spacious rooms, fully equipped kitchen, staff are so helpful and hang out with guests too (do the pub crawl..you wont regret it) and rooftop terrace with cheap drinks!! Thanks X-Hostel..I will definitely be back :)!

Just had to say I had an amazing time here, by far the best hostel I have stayed at in Alicante. Everyone staying in the hostel come together at night at the terrace bar. Its such as a great atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and helpful- happy to take us round the bars! The facilities (kitchen, showers/ bathrooms, common room) are modern and clean and the owners are super cool- they have a pit-bull called Nena! I had a really enjoyable stay here and will definitely be back!

• 27th Aug 2015

Thought I would leave another review seeing as it's been a while! Another great trip- with such a warm welcome from Alfie, Nahir and Nena (the famous pitt bull!) Staff were awesome and really helpful- loved hanging out with them on the terrace and the new terrace bar is THE best idea ever. Hostel is super clean as usual and the new kitchen is fab! Will miss you X Hostel! Can't wait to come back next summer! :):)

Loved this hostel. Staff were great. Lovely roof terrace area. Well equipped kitchen. Great location and beds. Would definitely stay again. Thanks guys!

Very helpful and friendly staff, with a cool rooftop terrace and cheap beer/sangria! Good location near shops, and only a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. Bathrooms and bed mattresses were old though, and wifi only worked in the reception area. A little touch up needed. Otherwise a pleasant stay!

Awesome hostel! Rooftop terrace is lovely, great vibe, nice people, lots of fun =)

It was a great stay at X hostel. Very friendly, welcoming and knowledgable staff. The owner cares a lot about the guest.They actually give you a tour of the whole hostel which I have never experienced that in any other hostel. It was very hot but it wasn't my first time in Alicante so i expected it to be. If you can adapt to the hot, humid weather you will have a blast at this place and have such a positive experience. Nora, Sophie, Monika thank you once again for a awesome stay.

Really great atsmosphere and such nice and cheap sangría!!!

Had a great day at X Hostel, very friendly staff and best pubcrawl ever! ;)

X hostel is the place to be if you're looking for a hostel with a great and outgoing atmosphere! I went to X hostel last year and came back this summer because of it. It's super easy to meet people and the staff is amazing. The only con would be the lack of air conditioning which makes it hard to sleep at night. Other than that, an awesome hostel!

Great staff, good location. Only complaint is there is no A.C. and it gets pretty hot at night. Other than that we had a positive experience! Also super close to a great grocery store!

Really liked the atmosphere here, had loads of fun with other travellers and the staff too! Could do with aircon in summer as rooms get hot! Overall would recommend!

Amazing hostel! The staff are amazing; so helpful and extremely friendly. Made lots of new friends and really enjoyed my stay here. Would definitely recommend and don't forget to join everyone on the roof for €1 sangria!

Had great fun & met some great people. The staff were super helpful and lots of craic!!

The room was very big, but for 8 beds just 2 fans (there was just one and i has to ask for having an extra one). It was all very clean. They organized pub crowls. I didn't like that the staff was not always at the reception and that they spoke english and not spanish. Anyway they were very kind. The bar was open just few hours in the evening.

It had no air conditioning the staff were hardly ever available and it was very difficult to sleep

I didn't have a nice time in this hostel. Alicante is very hot in the summer and there was no air conditioning which made it uncomfortable to stay there. I had a very dark room with a bad smell. There was a window, but it looked out at a wall. We arrived there at half past 8 and the reception wasn't open so we had to wait on the streets for half an hour. At 14.00 they finally showed us around the hostel. Not a warm welcome. The pillows around the hostel were dirty and old. No nice atmosphere

Yes, it is hot, just as it is everywhere on the globe right now. Yes, we don't have aircon nor do we advertise that we do. And yes, we open at 9 and check in is at 14h. Who shows you around the hostel and to your room, x hostel does and not many other hostels do. Thats part of our reception to every guest and most people do appreciate the gesture. You fail to mention we bent over backwards to make the room as comfortable as we could by adding small fans to each bed during your stay.

The Hostel is a good stay for out-going people with preferation in city flair. Nice people around. Creative living room. The opening times of the common room and more important the kitchen are not comfortable (Opening at 9 am)... especially for early birds who want to explore the city or have to catch a bus to the airport.