X Hostel Bucharest

Fabulous 1166 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
19th Sep 2017
8.0

Overall quite a good hostel in a great location only a few minutes walk to the old part of town. There was alot of showers and toilets but they weren't kept very clean! My bunk bed felt very loose and made alot of noise. Also the courtyard is in the middle of the rooms and people stay there until late at night drinking and talking, which can be heard in your room.

5th Sep 2017
7.1

Good location in walking distance to the city center, bar downstairs is a nice perk. I only stayed one night here before catching a flight so cannot speak much further to it.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
2nd Sep 2017

overall it was good, i just stayed one night and i was busy with my friend to hang out so i don't really know about the atmosphere there though. but there is ping pong table and so on, so it looked good :) location is very close to center so i will def recommend it and also close to piata unirii :) staff was ok, but it seems a bit hard to find where is where though , seems like a bit maze lol room was big and rest of it was good :) hot shower etc

1st Sep 2017

Onlg there for like 8 hours, but in that time, made some great freinds that I went on to travel with. Hostel is nice with a good atmosphere

27th Aug 2017

We stayed in a private room in the building opposite the hostel which was really nice. But to get to the kitchen we had to ask staff to let us in to the main building, which they didn't seem happy about. Staff were generally grumpy. Location is close to the old town and the shopping mall.

27th Aug 2017

I really enjoyed my stay in X Hostel, I just wish they had let us take a shower in the morning before check in.

• mountainmangraham
  • USA, Male, 25-30
26th Aug 2017

Great hostel and helpful staff. Good atmosphere and lots of travelers to hang out with. Nice areas to chill out and/or drink down near the bar and the staff seemed more than willing to give you info about the city.

25th Aug 2017
7.1

So the truth is that the hostel is basically split into two parts: the one with private apartments where everything is good and they get the 10 star reviews and the one with the big shared rooms which is probably worth 6. Cleanliness is good. Position pretty convenient at about 10 min walk from the very city center. The atmosphere in the bar downstairs it's always dead no matter the season or time of the day. But you can have fun outside if the peers are friendly. Overall I'd say 6.5 it's fair

• Colombia, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2017
6.3

I really expected more from this hostel. I slept in a mix share room. When I was there it wasn't that clean. My bed wasn't made (the 1st time I see this in a hostel), and I arrive at 2 a.m., so I wasn't good to put the sheet on the mattress for the other people already sleeping in the room. The shower wasn't that clean neither. And the guy who watch at night the place kept opening the door really early in the morning when is still dark,and it made a lot of noise. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2017
4.6

Terrible kitchen with minimal utensils, really bad beds and pillows you could feel every spring in the mattress. The place is super confusing like a maze got lost in the hostel a few times. They overcharged me as I already put a deposit on the room and they didn't take the deposit away from the fee I paid, they said I wouldn't 'get my deposit back' which I haven't received. Good location and good outdoor space to eat - beer garden vibes.

×