X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Directions for the hostel very easy to follow and it is in a great location near the old town and Piata Unirii. The staff were exceptionally friendly, really nice people and the set up for guests was really good. Despite the hostel being full and it being a very busy weekend in Romania (weekend of the Hungary game) the dorm room was lovely and quiet. Great value, great people, great hostel.

I absolutely loved this place. I will definitely revisit this hostel. It provided an extraordinary experience while staying in a foreign place. We all loved X Hostel!!!!!

• 10th Oct 2014

Staff were lovely and helpful, rooms were clean and the location was great. Also, it was nice to finally stay in a hostel that actually had enough showers for everyone! Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in bucharest.

Great fun great staff great hostel!!!

Fab location very clean, however this is NOT a party hostel, no atmosphere. They had organised events but no one went to any of them while we were there for 3 nights this summer interrailing. I was bitten badly by bed bugs but the staff were very apologetic so hopefully they will address this issue. Great location, right by the old town. Most importantly the Escape Rooms were AMAZING you have to try them definitely worth it! I wish we had done both now!

Classic large party hostel. Bar downstairs. Wifi works well. Costs a fortune to print ... or to do anything at this hostel for that matter. About a 5-10 minute walk from the main promenade with all the bars etc on it. Not the best or the worst hostel out there. They could do with some new bunks and maybe lockers (lots of lockers had the rear section broken off of them...not to secure as a result).

Really awesome place with friendly, helpful staff, super clean, good location close to old town, with a fun bar downstairs too. Had a blast!

Really nice hostel, near to the center, and with a lot of nice things, like air conditioning!! at least in private room.

The staff was amazing! They even tool us out to the clubs, so we new where we were going. We played cards against humanity at the bar it was awesome!

It was a bit hard to find initially, however once we knew where we were going, the location is pretty good. Our room was clean, as were the bathrooms. The showers ran a bit hot and cold. The kitchen was pretty gross. Dirty dishes piled up. I don't know that is their fault though...

Its depends on what your looking for if you party hard and drink alot with not too much cleanliness this is the place for you. I liked the partying but not clean enough for me... thats not the staffs fault but probably the guests who are staying there.

sauna in the dark, empty bar

I think it's a good hostel if you want to party and meet people, not as good if you want to sleep before midnight. It was decent overall, but the noise from the course yard was my big issue. The staff was very helpful and really great on that end. There are also a lot of keys to keep track of. Overall it was fine, but not great.

X Hostel is fantastic. Never before have I stayed in such a large hostel where the internet was fast and reliable, with no aggravating passwords or login pages. The staff is extremely friendly, especially Flavia, the manager who checked me in with a smile and has been nothing but helpful during my stay. The location is amazing, a short 10 minute walk to the Old Town Lipscani. The hostel is clean, very affordable, and even contains a pub and awesome Escape Rooms to meet new people. I'll be back!

The lockers and pretty useless, but otherwise it's an okay party hostel.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Great hostel. Really clean and amazing facilities. As a solo traveller I wish I had gone a different time of the week to stay, as the organised activities didn't really take off early in the week and with the hostel being so big there tended to be huge groups staying, meaning it was difficult the meet people. But overall a great hostel and experience!

staff can change a hostel BIG time, some of them were really trying but others are just not that good or don't care, I tried X hostel in Varna the guys are awesome! keep it up. cheers

only one staff member with 4-5 people checking in, I was the second there and took me about 40 mins to get checked in and did not get any information in regards to maps or services that the first person got. Lockers didn't all work, and although staff is advised not to touch items that could belong to guests when cleaning, we ended up with PILE of water bottles dating back numerous guests.

Really good hostel. Nice staff, nice bathrooms and toilets. There is a bar and common area downstairs really nice. Good location. I recomend it!

Great place to stay for some partying. Bar, ping pong, darts, and jenga made for drinking games in the common room. Staff turn on very effective air conditioning at night on request, just make sure it's not turned down too low (16 degrees was freezing!). Be sure to try out the escape rooms which are on the premises, costs less than €10 per person and well worth it. Staff are friendly and helpful, would go back if in Bucharest again