X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

I think it's a good hostel if you want to party and meet people, not as good if you want to sleep before midnight. It was decent overall, but the noise from the course yard was my big issue. The staff was very helpful and really great on that end. There are also a lot of keys to keep track of. Overall it was fine, but not great.

X Hostel is fantastic. Never before have I stayed in such a large hostel where the internet was fast and reliable, with no aggravating passwords or login pages. The staff is extremely friendly, especially Flavia, the manager who checked me in with a smile and has been nothing but helpful during my stay. The location is amazing, a short 10 minute walk to the Old Town Lipscani. The hostel is clean, very affordable, and even contains a pub and awesome Escape Rooms to meet new people. I'll be back!

The lockers and pretty useless, but otherwise it's an okay party hostel.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Great hostel. Really clean and amazing facilities. As a solo traveller I wish I had gone a different time of the week to stay, as the organised activities didn't really take off early in the week and with the hostel being so big there tended to be huge groups staying, meaning it was difficult the meet people. But overall a great hostel and experience!

staff can change a hostel BIG time, some of them were really trying but others are just not that good or don't care, I tried X hostel in Varna the guys are awesome! keep it up. cheers

only one staff member with 4-5 people checking in, I was the second there and took me about 40 mins to get checked in and did not get any information in regards to maps or services that the first person got. Lockers didn't all work, and although staff is advised not to touch items that could belong to guests when cleaning, we ended up with PILE of water bottles dating back numerous guests.

Really good hostel. Nice staff, nice bathrooms and toilets. There is a bar and common area downstairs really nice. Good location. I recomend it!

Great place to stay for some partying. Bar, ping pong, darts, and jenga made for drinking games in the common room. Staff turn on very effective air conditioning at night on request, just make sure it's not turned down too low (16 degrees was freezing!). Be sure to try out the escape rooms which are on the premises, costs less than €10 per person and well worth it. Staff are friendly and helpful, would go back if in Bucharest again

I came to this hostel thinking it would be a great party, however it was actually pretty mellow. I'm not sure if this was just because of the people staying there, or maybe this hostel is past its heyday. Nevertheless it is still a good hostel, good amount of bathroom facilities. There is a hostel bar which is good for meeting people, when there are people around! All of the staff seemed to be other travellers which meant that it was a bit hit and miss as to whether you would get good service.

I expected more group activities during summer season. Any other hostel could organise a pub crawl so that's not really what makes a party hostel. Facilities weren't in very good conditions but still clean and the friendly cleaning lady did her best. Prices at the hostel bar are cheap or average. A stupid thing that annoyed me: you always have to ask the guy at the reception to turn on the airconditioning because they keep the remotes there - quite annoying in the middle of the night..

The atmosphere is nice, spatious, there are a lot of activities provided by the hostel, like board games, parties and unique games, I was really impressed! The staff is very helpful, we asked for a pizza, they called it, and paid for it even if we weren't there at the time, that was nice. But, the security left me worried. There was only one functional locker at the room (of dozens), and I got robbed (just a shampoo, but that shows the security there IS an issue to worry about.)

Poor lighting in the room, and it would be nice to have shampoos for shower. Otherwise great stay :D

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel - recommended

Loads and loads of activities at the hostel from sauna to escape rooms! I played the escape rooms which were great fun. Staff really friendly and a fun party atmosphere at the hostel. Good location too, very close to the old town and its bars and restaurants, but quite for sleeping. Will definitely stay here again.

First off,too bad that there are only 500 characters per review because X Hostel deserves a lot more words. Hostel was clean and it can't be more closer to party places and X itself is a party!Booked one night, spent 3 because i just couldn't leave!Thank you Daniele, Flavia, Andrei and Irina for making my stay here a lot more interesting! Really excellent place and bar is brilliant! AC in the room in a hot day is a blessing! I will definitely check in on my way back to London!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Super-friendly staff, excellent room with a huge bathroom, very clean and nicely furnished. Much better than I'd expected. I'm not a "party person" and expected the hostel to be somewhat noisier, as it claims to be THE party hostel in Bucharest etc. But it's perfectly okay for any budget traveller going to Bucharest, even if you're not interested in pub crawls and jacuzzis. Close to the airport bus as well.

My stay here was awesome! Had a gret time with hostel people and other backpackers! The hostel is really cool!

This place is advertised as a party hostel? Wow definitely not the vibe I got when I stayed there even on a weekend! The staff was not helpful nor were the very welcoming or kind, there were "scheduled events" like pub crawls and such that never occurred. Facilities are not that great, kitchen was gross, and the beds were not very comfy. I'm all for roughing it in a hostel if it's going to be a party, but x hostel bucharest is definitely not that!

Hi, Thanks for your opinion on the hostel. You came to Bucharest in days when we were almost empty. Some events like pub crawls dont happen with less than 10 people as we . In our description we do not use the word `party` or `party hostel`. No excuse about staff not being friendly, we'll change some of them soon. Facilities: I'm sure you enjoyed the free welcome beer, free daily sauna, 24 hours bar/reception and if bored you could've tried our Escape Rooms #1 on TripAdvisor

Big party hostel - only stay there if you want to party. Has a good bar with table tennis table. Highly recommend the "escape rooms" they are great fun and worth the money.

Some of the best staff I've ever come across in a hostel. Great time!