X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Great location,only ten minutes walk from Old Town (main spot).You get a free welcome drink on arrival,staff are very friendly and help with any information you need.Hostel has a small bar.Highly recommend it for the price you pay.

Well organised hostel and staff very obliging. The hostel was evidently clean. On a return visit, I couldn't open either of the windows in the 12 bed dorm with the room consequently smelling pretty putrid by morning. I appreciated the central location which was very convenient. I was also quite grateful that the hostel was not in full on party mode when I stayed - the people there were however very friendly and that made my stay more enjoyable.

The beds were nice and the showers were clean but the staff was very loud and rude during the stay.

Pretty basic hostel, but cheap and walking distance to the old town (where all the bars are).

• 5th Jun 2015

Nice hostel close to the city center. Friendly staff and lots of facilities like table tennis, games etc. The only down point is the distance between the dorms and the toilets...

Me & my friend stayed here where we had a really good time. We met some great people who also were traveling to which we've all agreed to meet up again. The staff were very helpful & friendly, with a shout out in particular to Diana who put up with us 2 English guys talking nonsense after a lot of beers & always very helpful.

Enjoyed the hostel overall but a few things could do with some maintenance - a lot of the locks in the bathrooms weren't working, and this was especially annoying for the shower in the mixed bathroom next to room 23. Additionally, the same shower was a bit smelly - could use a bit of plumbing work. I think an s-pipe would do the trick!

• 29th May 2015

Easy walk to old town. Beds are kind of old and squeaky. Lots of showers!! Outdoor space is nice as is the pub downstairs!

Bathrooms need to be cleaner and for some reason there is no hand dryer or napkins to dry hands.

One of the few places I've stayed in Eastern Europe that has a really dope backpacker friendly vibe. Super easy to meet people and they have a ping pong table!!! Pub crawl was so much fun, met a lot of great people. Try the escape room- it was an amazing way to spend an hour! Bathrooms are great and spacious; so was the room I stayed in (the large mixed dorm). Definitely would come back here!

Definitely a party hostel: constant noise, people passed out overnight on the common area couches. The beds had old metal frames, the mattress was lumpy, the kitchen was tiny with minimal dishes and cutlery (there were THREE spoons total). I will say the bathrooms / showers were excellent, the facilities were clean, and the lockers were spacious. I guess it just depends what you are looking for.

Best Hostel you can find. Right in Bucharest's center. Great job!

• 19th May 2015
  • Romania

I had a very decent experience there until someone mistakenly managed to enter my room (single private) with their pass while I was sleeping, they left straight away and there were no further issues and I obviously mentioned it to the staff. If the hostel make the necessary changes to their key/pass system and properly secures the door, then it's perfectly fine and I'd go again.

Nice hostel, good located and cheap

A nice hostel, close to the center, nice staff, good price. Recommended.

Decent for the price, but it was a bit quite when I was there. Staff were ok.

The staff were excellent and made the place feel like a home. The bar was a great place to meet the staff and other travelers.

Perfect if you want to party all night and then just pass out on your unbelieveably uncomfortable matress. Not so perfect if you can't close an eye all night because of the people shouting, smoking and drinking in the backyard, which is easily accessible by everyone from the street, or because someone decides to run around the hallways in the middle of the night and knock on doors. Staff was friendly but overstrained, and once they came into the room around 2am, looking for a free bed - wtf?

This is a party hostel...excellent for solo travelers to meet up with others...less so for those wanting a good, restful night's sleep.

The Hostel did not have any paper towels in the restrooms. I did ask about having them refilled and was informed that they did not refill these due to past issues. Understanding this, there does need to be some way for individuals to dry their hands in the bathroom as it is not sanitary. There are alternatives such as hand dryers etc.