X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Incredibly friendly & helpful staff. Always smiling & eager to help. You even get a welcome drink on arrival. The best hostel wifi I have ever had. The bathrooms are big & very clean. Nice outdoor space for mingling, & they offer cool escape rooms for you to try. The kitchen could have been stocked better though -no olive oil or vinegar, & on the first day there was no salt. Also found it weird they don't prepare the bed for you -they just leave the piles of sheets on your bed when you check in.

Great atmosphere overall. The staff was friendly and informative of things to see and do in the city. Although I found Bucharest to be surprisingly good, I found myself spending most of my time at the hostel bar meeting other travelers and getting to know the staff. The escape rooms were also very entertaining and a big bonus. A big thank you to all that made this a great stay.

Friendly and very helpful staff! They gave some great tips about what to go see and do.

very near the night life area bar with good atmosphere friendly staff

• 10th Jul 2015

Great staff, great bar and the location is really convenient for Old Town too!

I had such a great stay at Xhostel, I will definitely recommend it and I'm sure I will be back. Bucharest has loads to do, the hostel has a great atmosphere, the staff are so helpful, there is a very fun bar space and the escape rooms are very cool. Thank you to everyone at XHostel for having us!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I loved this hostel! Such a great atmosphere and great people. I will definitely be back!!!

i only stayed one night, the place is very basic but ok.... if u're looking for something cheap - not a bad choice at all :)

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Great location,only ten minutes walk from Old Town (main spot).You get a free welcome drink on arrival,staff are very friendly and help with any information you need.Hostel has a small bar.Highly recommend it for the price you pay.

Well organised hostel and staff very obliging. The hostel was evidently clean. On a return visit, I couldn't open either of the windows in the 12 bed dorm with the room consequently smelling pretty putrid by morning. I appreciated the central location which was very convenient. I was also quite grateful that the hostel was not in full on party mode when I stayed - the people there were however very friendly and that made my stay more enjoyable.

The beds were nice and the showers were clean but the staff was very loud and rude during the stay.

Pretty basic hostel, but cheap and walking distance to the old town (where all the bars are).

• 5th Jun 2015

Nice hostel close to the city center. Friendly staff and lots of facilities like table tennis, games etc. The only down point is the distance between the dorms and the toilets...

Me & my friend stayed here where we had a really good time. We met some great people who also were traveling to which we've all agreed to meet up again. The staff were very helpful & friendly, with a shout out in particular to Diana who put up with us 2 English guys talking nonsense after a lot of beers & always very helpful.

Enjoyed the hostel overall but a few things could do with some maintenance - a lot of the locks in the bathrooms weren't working, and this was especially annoying for the shower in the mixed bathroom next to room 23. Additionally, the same shower was a bit smelly - could use a bit of plumbing work. I think an s-pipe would do the trick!

• 29th May 2015

Easy walk to old town. Beds are kind of old and squeaky. Lots of showers!! Outdoor space is nice as is the pub downstairs!

Bathrooms need to be cleaner and for some reason there is no hand dryer or napkins to dry hands.

One of the few places I've stayed in Eastern Europe that has a really dope backpacker friendly vibe. Super easy to meet people and they have a ping pong table!!! Pub crawl was so much fun, met a lot of great people. Try the escape room- it was an amazing way to spend an hour! Bathrooms are great and spacious; so was the room I stayed in (the large mixed dorm). Definitely would come back here!

Definitely a party hostel: constant noise, people passed out overnight on the common area couches. The beds had old metal frames, the mattress was lumpy, the kitchen was tiny with minimal dishes and cutlery (there were THREE spoons total). I will say the bathrooms / showers were excellent, the facilities were clean, and the lockers were spacious. I guess it just depends what you are looking for.

Best Hostel you can find. Right in Bucharest's center. Great job!

• 19th May 2015