X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Good place! The pub crawl is a great way of meeting people and having a great night out. Staff was friendly, with just a short walk to the old town. Definitely have to do the lunch offered, amazing food and so very cheap! Stayed in a private and it was very spacious and good ensuit bathroom. Would definitely stay here again!

This hostel was huge. wifi was kinda decent and the showers were clean and hot. Staff was also informative and helpful. Doesn't really give a cosy or personal atmosphere though. more of a party vibe.

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you appreciated the facilities of our hostel and the efforts of our staff. We are not a party hostel, but we do enjoy to socialize and in general create a social atmosphere for our guests, that spend time at the bar, meet other people, play games or go out. We are one of Bucharest's biggest hostel so cozy might not be the word to describe us best, but social, fun and entertaining definitely are ;)

A great place and a great city! Come to Romania! On site bar with reasaonably priced drinks in a BIG lounge area with ping-pong, couches, ect. Would def stay here again!

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure hosting you!

pretty decent

Thank you for your review!

Very nice place, clean and at a very central location.

Thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future travels!

On one hand, the staff was most helpful and friendly and the location is great. I had a good time here. On the other, the weather was cold, and only blankets we're mattress covers(Which barely keep one warm).. Also the "lockers" we're made of cardboard on the back which was coming lose, so anybody could have opened my "locker" which I locked and taken my things. I have an laptop computer and expensive camera-so this is important to me.

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us. Unfortunately we cannot control bad weather, but we are prepared for it and we do offer guests extra blankets if they would only ask. We do our best to keep our security level as high as possible which is why we have reinforced some of the lockers and also got new ones at reception for the safe keeping of important items such as laptops, phones or cameras. We hope you'll appreciate all this if you'll pay us another visit soon!

I really like the staff and the travellers at X Hostel. If I come back I might consider staying here again.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Vietnam

Thank you for your review and your appreciation. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

Really nice hostel stayed there twice and I go back there.

Thank you for your review. It's always great having you here and you're welcome anytime. See you again soon!

Little far outside of the center. Staff was pretty good. Decent bar. Nice enough hostel.

Man, this place is amazing! I had the best time ever and even stayed a bit longer than I had planned. I literally can not think of any downsides! The hostel staff is incredibly nice and so were the hostel guests I met there. Dorms and facilities were perfect, but who cares about that anyways ;) I'll be back for sure! :)

Everybody was really helpful and the hostel has a nice bar where you can chill with other travellers while enjoying a beer.

The should put numbers on the beds and assign a bed to each guest whecn checkining-in, not tell you to find the one that is empty!

Thank you for your feedback. Most of our guests enjoy the fact that they have the option of choosing whichever bed they wish given that it is not occupied. Some prefer a bottom bunk, some a top one, some a window one etc, so we think that is the best way to handle this issue, but we are sorry if you were inconvenienced by it in any way. We wish you best of luck in your travels!

It was very nice there. The workers are very friendly. The only little problem was that the urinals had a bad smell. For all the rest it was very good.

Thank you for your feedback. Safe travels!

It was not as I expected to be. The basement area was smelling like sweat as well my room did. The bathrooms where full of hairs and wet/muddy on the floor. The staff was short, not welcoming and a bit dodgy. I stayed just for one night because of this.

We are sorry if our hostel did not reach your expectations. We do have daily professional cleaning staff which is not something you can say about every hostel so our cleanliness is overall appreciated by our guests. We do our best to keep the rooms aired as well as the common areas but in crowded spaces it can get a little bit thick. Our staff do their best to welcome every guest and offer their support in helping with anything, so I am surprised you found them to be rude, and we apologize.

Bed and bedsheets seems to be used for many-many years, unpleasant experience. Staff was unfriendly and looks very tired

Probably the best place to stay if you want to meet new people! Awesome hostel with only 5 minutes walking to the old town and really great staff. Bathrooms, kitchen, rooms is average, so not really any cons in my point of view.

Thank you for your review! Safe travels!

The staff were great, so was the location and the atmosphere in the courtyard was really fun! Loved hanging out on the couches downstairs in the pub too. The lockers in the rooms don't actually lock which is a bit of a worry and the beer and laundry service was quite expensive but overall it was a good hostel

amazing staff, so helpful and friendly. highly recommended to solo travellers. staff is amazing, they will treat you as friends. you need to try escape rooms, teally addictived! and pub crawl is the best way to meet new people

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Spain

The hostel was spacious and clean in a great location. The hostel shrunk my clothes, I specifically told them not to put my stuff in the dryer especially my running shoes but they did not listen. When I told 2 staff members they didn't seem to care. Don't do laundry here. The pub crawl was fun.

Amazing hostel!