X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Clean rooms (private room), clean hostel. Great common area to hang out in and meet others. Not a quiet hostel, this is a party hostel. The kitchen is quite small but suitable. The staff are made up of volunteers so confusing seems to be common. They let me store my suitcase there for several days though between visits, so I can't complain. The owner is professional and knowledgeable. Located right by old town and grocery stores, lots of nightlife. I would go back!

Perfect place and staff very nice Beautiful girls room ...

Had a fantastic stay at X Hostel, the atmosphere was both chilled during the day and good fun at night, its location cannot get any better with only a short walk to Old City. The staff are very friendly especially Ioana she was a very good at assisting with my queries about Bucharest and places to see and go out. Very cool place would come again.

The staff was better than excellent!

• 17th Sep 2013

Bucharest is awesome and this hostel is really cheap and you can meet people from all over the planet. The staff is friendly and they organize some fun activities. Really liked it and I recommend it for people who like to travel and meet people from everywhere.

Excellent party hostel in an excellent location. Big common room and staff is making sure that the visitors are having a good time. Volunteer workers made sure that the party really got started! :) Probably the best choice if you are looking for meeting new people and partying.

My stay was GREAT. I really like how they make an effort to get everyone together. I will stay again when I come back to Bucharest.

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Romania

I had such a blast here. All the staff were super friendly and helpful, and more than willing to give you a hand with whatever you needed. The beds were comfy and the common room is cosy while the parties in and out of the hostel go crazy! Just as good is the fact that the common room is in the basement so if you aren't keen on the party scene it won't disturb you. Brilliant place, and I would definitely stay here again. Cheers guys and gals, Love Ben!!

Nice place, but the kitchen was not the best. The bathrooms was very nice and clean.

Awesome hostel with a great layout. The staff played drinking games and took us out every night. They had a lot of knowledge about the city and answered all of our questions. Couldn't have asked for more :)

The best hostel so far

The hostel was in general terms fine but I would never go back to a place that has a sign on the entrance saying 'don't feed the homeless'. This was totally demeaning and the play on words 'don't feed the ducks' - 'don't feed the homeless' insensitive to say the least.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Greece

Hi, thanks for your review. Signs have been removed. We had them up as guest actually led homeless people in the hostels and gave them food. Result was theft and problems with security. The title we gave was to catch guests attention (nobody really reads signs). Most people understood the humor in it as the explanation under it cleared the fact that it was not intended to be offensive to anyone. Sure you have read it? :)

Hostel has by far the WORST reception/staff I have ever seen at a Hostel. They 1) Are never at the front desk (walk around = drinking/smoking 24/7); 2) Know nothing about Bucharest/Romania (one girl didn't know what Bran/Peles castles were when I wanted to book a tour; 3) Can't perform simple tasks (my laundry was lost b/c of a shift change). If you need help only ask the two Romanian girls who work there (skinny blond/partially shaved head short brunette). a shame b/c everything else is great.

everything perfect. it's sort of a party hostel, but it's as well very good for a not-so-much-going-out guy like me - nice people, both customers and the very helpful staff.

Great hostel for partying and meeting people, although the staff weren't very approachable and didn't suggest much for us to do in Bucharest.

Dorms have air-conditioning !!! Wich is really great in summer. The hostel is pretty much well-located, and is more kind of a partyers-type place. So if you want some peace, maybe try another one ! ;)

Good location near the Old Town, clean, but sometimes seems more like a business than a hostel (e.g. have to buy all drinks in the hostel). Some of the staff were really good - Dennis showed us some great places - but some of the others didn't seem to know anything about transport/internet cafes/bars. It wasn't too busy while we were there but I guess that may just be the time of year.

I was there on a national holiday so the hostel was pretty dead ... and not a party hostel. Decent location near the start of the free walking tour

Great place to meet people. Free wifi and a nice private room made my experience great. For sure I will stay again

Well I only spent one night there.... It was OK, nothing much. Staff was just OK. Hard to find sometimes.