X Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Balcesti 9, Bucharest, Romania

Had a great time and they really love to advertise that they have 25 bathrooms! The rooms are secure with locks, but you need your own lock for the locker. The escape rooms are brilliant and you get a discount as a guest. The kitchen is a bit small, but suitable. They only have a bar crawl on Tues and Thurs, but the staff took us to town on other nights anyway and were very friendly. They came and sat with the guests outside to chat. When you arrive they tell you lots of things to see.

Thank you for your opinion of X Hostel. We are very happy that you found our recommendations useful and that you enjoyed your time with our staff and the other guests. Safe travels!

Was a great hostel to stay at! It's located close to a metro line & supermarket making it easy to access all the attractions and to buy groceries if you wanted to cook or late night snack (supermarket 24hrs). The staff were really cool & keen to help you out. Florin was a legend! Great atmosphere at the hostel and everyone seemed to get along well. Rooms were nice, bathroom had all you needed, kitchen was small but sufficient. Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends

Thank you for your feedback and for pointing out some of the great aspects of our hostel. It has been amazing hosting you and we wish you good luck in your future travels.

When I arrived the person who greeted me was not very positive then my bed was terrible as he sheet didn't even stretch to cover the mattress meaning I slept on the mattress protector. The room was hot and stuffy even with the air conditioner on which didn't work half the time. The kitchen was also quite dirty and disorganised with quite an unhygienic feel to it

• 31st Jul 2015

Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry that your experience in our hostel has not met your expectations. Our staff does their best in assisting our guests with whatever they need. We would have happily changed your sheets and fix the air conditioning in the room which was probably just not on the right programme, as they all have been checked and seem to work. We will definitely make an effort to improve on all of the above and keep our guests satisfied.

A good hostel, with only a short walk to everything that you need. A friendly and relaxed outdoor and bar area. Kitchen was clean, as were common areas too!

Incredibly friendly & helpful staff. Always smiling & eager to help. You even get a welcome drink on arrival. The best hostel wifi I have ever had. The bathrooms are big & very clean. Nice outdoor space for mingling, & they offer cool escape rooms for you to try. The kitchen could have been stocked better though -no olive oil or vinegar, & on the first day there was no salt. Also found it weird they don't prepare the bed for you -they just leave the piles of sheets on your bed when you check in.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will keep an eye on the issues you have mentioned. We wish you the best of luck!

Great atmosphere overall. The staff was friendly and informative of things to see and do in the city. Although I found Bucharest to be surprisingly good, I found myself spending most of my time at the hostel bar meeting other travelers and getting to know the staff. The escape rooms were also very entertaining and a big bonus. A big thank you to all that made this a great stay.

Thank you for your feedback! It was amazing having you here!

Friendly and very helpful staff! They gave some great tips about what to go see and do.

Thank your for taking the time to review our hostel and for appreciating the efforts of our staff. It was great having you here and we wish you all the best!

very near the night life area bar with good atmosphere friendly staff

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review and your appreciation!

Great staff, great bar and the location is really convenient for Old Town too!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We take pride in having great staff that does a real effort in making our guest's stay as enjoyable as possible. It was great having you here!

I had such a great stay at Xhostel, I will definitely recommend it and I'm sure I will be back. Bucharest has loads to do, the hostel has a great atmosphere, the staff are so helpful, there is a very fun bar space and the escape rooms are very cool. Thank you to everyone at XHostel for having us!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I loved this hostel! Such a great atmosphere and great people. I will definitely be back!!!

i only stayed one night, the place is very basic but ok.... if u're looking for something cheap - not a bad choice at all :)

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Great location,only ten minutes walk from Old Town (main spot).You get a free welcome drink on arrival,staff are very friendly and help with any information you need.Hostel has a small bar.Highly recommend it for the price you pay.

Well organised hostel and staff very obliging. The hostel was evidently clean. On a return visit, I couldn't open either of the windows in the 12 bed dorm with the room consequently smelling pretty putrid by morning. I appreciated the central location which was very convenient. I was also quite grateful that the hostel was not in full on party mode when I stayed - the people there were however very friendly and that made my stay more enjoyable.

The beds were nice and the showers were clean but the staff was very loud and rude during the stay.

Hello and thank you for expressing your opinion. We are very sorry if you found some of our staff to be rude or loud. We have taken measures in finding out what happened and in improving this aspect as we care a lot about how our guests are treated and enjoy their time in the hostel. Thank you for appreciating our facilities and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Pretty basic hostel, but cheap and walking distance to the old town (where all the bars are).

• 5th Jun 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We don't think of ourselves though as a basic or average hostel. We are very close to the Old Town but in a quiet, nice area so our guests can rest as well as go out and party. We have good security with access cards for rooms and the hostel, lockers, a bar and terrace where guests meet people and enjoy great evenings, and all for really good prices. It was a pleasure hosting you and we wish you amazing travels!

Nice hostel close to the city center. Friendly staff and lots of facilities like table tennis, games etc. The only down point is the distance between the dorms and the toilets...

Me & my friend stayed here where we had a really good time. We met some great people who also were traveling to which we've all agreed to meet up again. The staff were very helpful & friendly, with a shout out in particular to Diana who put up with us 2 English guys talking nonsense after a lot of beers & always very helpful.

Enjoyed the hostel overall but a few things could do with some maintenance - a lot of the locks in the bathrooms weren't working, and this was especially annoying for the shower in the mixed bathroom next to room 23. Additionally, the same shower was a bit smelly - could use a bit of plumbing work. I think an s-pipe would do the trick!

• 29th May 2015

Easy walk to old town. Beds are kind of old and squeaky. Lots of showers!! Outdoor space is nice as is the pub downstairs!