X Hostel Budapest Reviews

Rozsa utca 72, Budapest, Hungary

Very good location, close to the centre of the city i think and close to the tram line. There was a good atmosphere in the hostel and the people that worked there were really nice and good craic! the place wasn't the cleanest but sure you can't have everything.

Great atmosphere but let down by cleanliness. Sheets weren't clean and toilets had a blocked drain smell about them. Pretty cheap hostel overall though so can't really complain too much!

WORST Hostel ever! So dirty it is impossible to describe. Only 3 combo shower/toilets for about 30 guests, all of which are filthy. No fans or a/c in rooms, only a small window opens, consequently the room is very hot, same with common room. Multiple nights was woken up by staff coming back from drinking or talking on skype etc. Generally 1 or 2 staff sleep in the common room each night. There were two staff that were helpful but unfortunately they were outweighed by others. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

We paid for a 6 bed female dorm, when we arrived we were in an 8 bed mixed dorm. There were beds all over the floor and doors off their hinges. There were no lockers and there were only a couple of working toilet facilities between all the dorms there. When we arrived we didn't even know who was in charge! We checked out and moved to a different hostel.

Hello, The room that you were boked into was supposed to be female only, however a mistake in someone else's booking meant it was a mixed dorm, and we can only apologise for the mix up but we did try to contact you to see if you would prefer alternative accommodation. As for the bed situation, we remake the beds when we can but if people constantly put their matresses on the floor there is not much we can do. I hope you had a good stay in Budapest and thank you for your feedback.

From the moment we arrived I thought it is one of the worst places I have ever been in my life. The stairs were very dirty and full of bags with rubbish. The doors are not closing/locking. The beds have only some kind of sponge mattress covered with dirty linens (hairs were hanging down).the huge windows have bars. Under our window was a dead pigeon full of flies. We didn't sleep there-same day we looked for another place.

It is a fantastic hostel with a great location. I had an enjoyable experience as the awesome staff and fantastic hostel mean that it makes a lot of sense to stay at X Budapest.

An amazing stay. All the X Hostels I have stayed at have the most incredible staff, atmosphere and value for the money. I would recommend d this place to anybody looking for a great party hostel in Budapest. Can't wait to stay again!

great price value great staff will come again...

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Israel

it is totally different from what I saw from the picture

This hostel was very dirty and had unprofessional staff. They use a computer to keep track of cleaning, but staff just mark that they cleaned when they do not. My dorm room was very dirty and they did not provide clean sheets like they claim. Staff members spend the day napping on the sofas instead of being available for help, and are rarely at the front desk. Reception is in the lounge, and covered in dirty dishes always. Stove and other kitchen equipment broken, plus very dirty. Horrible.

Hello, I am sorry you were not happy with your stay, yes our stive did break but it was replaced as soon as possible and is now working. We do not have a computer system for cleaning actually. People relax in our common room but there is always a member of staff on shift to help you. All sheets are cleaned and if you are unsatisfied with anything we are on hand to help. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels and thank you for your feedback.

Best hostel ive stayed in. Great atmosphere and excellent staff made our stay enjoyable.

Different to any other hostels, the athmosphere and staff were awesome. We higly recomend this! Especially if you are into partying.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Nice hostel. Very good and party stuff!! If wanna visit during the day and party in the nigth this is your hostel! We went all together to the spa party and get discount for being a group!! No wierd rules. Just put a sign that you have a limit amount of hot water so people dont take hours showering! Coming back here when visiting budapest!

This place is fantastic! Kat was especially helpful and welcoming. Will definitely be staying again!

• 18th Jun 2014

Hostel wasn't bad, good atmosphere in general - extremely chill which is cool. Felt very 'homey'. It's in a really good location in terms of it's proximity to the Szechenyi Baths 'Sparty' - which we were able to walk to from the hostel, but not good in terms of its proximity to the rest of the city. It's located on a sketchy side street andsn't the easiest place to find. Not bad if you just want an inexpensive place to crash for a night or two.

We had a blast at X-hostel. Crazy nights where spent going out with the gang there and they truly made our stay one to remember. Marica, Kat and Thibby (Sza Sza) you guys are amazing!!!

• 11th Jun 2014

This is the perfect definition of a nice hostel for travellers. The staff is so nice, you almost feel you already now them. They have a nice living room, with music, computer, a kitchen, in perfect mood for chill out. The bedrooms are really nice, safe and clean, also the showers and toilets. The WIFI works everywhere and the hostel it's now in my top 5. Maybe, the bad thing... It's in an old building, so first time you see the entrance is weird, but totally worth it, even the location is good!

Amazing time. Staff was very helpful. When I checked in they provide me with a map from the city. They marked out all the hotspots in town incl a very good free walking tour. In the night the staff took as out to some local pubs and we ended our night in Instant on of the famous "ruin" bars. The hostel very close to the metro and located in a safe area. The have camera security what makes you feel safe if your a woman traveling alone. Hope to be able to come back one day.

• 5th Jun 2014

Such a chill place! Really fun staff-- not the most informative, but super cool people! The place is spacy, clean, safe and close location and just great people overall! I'd highly recommend it. They are so nice and flexible!

This is an excellent hostel, in a good location with a great vibe and amazing staff, especially Kat, the Manager. I picked X Hostel as it was close to a training course I was attending. The hostel was well located, charming and spotless. The decor is quirky, with vintage electronics, newspaper on the walls and bicycle hanging from the ceiling! Facilities are good, and they offer a laundry service as well as the usual you would expect. Highly recommended.

• 29th May 2014