X Hostel Budapest Reviews

Rozsa utca 72, Budapest, Hungary

Very good location, close to the centre of the city i think and close to the tram line. There was a good atmosphere in the hostel and the people that worked there were really nice and good craic! the place wasn't the cleanest but sure you can't have everything.

Great atmosphere but let down by cleanliness. Sheets weren't clean and toilets had a blocked drain smell about them. Pretty cheap hostel overall though so can't really complain too much!

WORST Hostel ever! So dirty it is impossible to describe. Only 3 combo shower/toilets for about 30 guests, all of which are filthy. No fans or a/c in rooms, only a small window opens, consequently the room is very hot, same with common room. Multiple nights was woken up by staff coming back from drinking or talking on skype etc. Generally 1 or 2 staff sleep in the common room each night. There were two staff that were helpful but unfortunately they were outweighed by others. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

We paid for a 6 bed female dorm, when we arrived we were in an 8 bed mixed dorm. There were beds all over the floor and doors off their hinges. There were no lockers and there were only a couple of working toilet facilities between all the dorms there. When we arrived we didn't even know who was in charge! We checked out and moved to a different hostel.

Hello, The room that you were boked into was supposed to be female only, however a mistake in someone else's booking meant it was a mixed dorm, and we can only apologise for the mix up but we did try to contact you to see if you would prefer alternative accommodation. As for the bed situation, we remake the beds when we can but if people constantly put their matresses on the floor there is not much we can do. I hope you had a good stay in Budapest and thank you for your feedback.

From the moment we arrived I thought it is one of the worst places I have ever been in my life. The stairs were very dirty and full of bags with rubbish. The doors are not closing/locking. The beds have only some kind of sponge mattress covered with dirty linens (hairs were hanging down).the huge windows have bars. Under our window was a dead pigeon full of flies. We didn't sleep there-same day we looked for another place.

It is a fantastic hostel with a great location. I had an enjoyable experience as the awesome staff and fantastic hostel mean that it makes a lot of sense to stay at X Budapest.

An amazing stay. All the X Hostels I have stayed at have the most incredible staff, atmosphere and value for the money. I would recommend d this place to anybody looking for a great party hostel in Budapest. Can't wait to stay again!

great price value great staff will come again...

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Israel

it is totally different from what I saw from the picture

This hostel was very dirty and had unprofessional staff. They use a computer to keep track of cleaning, but staff just mark that they cleaned when they do not. My dorm room was very dirty and they did not provide clean sheets like they claim. Staff members spend the day napping on the sofas instead of being available for help, and are rarely at the front desk. Reception is in the lounge, and covered in dirty dishes always. Stove and other kitchen equipment broken, plus very dirty. Horrible.

Hello, I am sorry you were not happy with your stay, yes our stive did break but it was replaced as soon as possible and is now working. We do not have a computer system for cleaning actually. People relax in our common room but there is always a member of staff on shift to help you. All sheets are cleaned and if you are unsatisfied with anything we are on hand to help. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels and thank you for your feedback.

Best hostel ive stayed in. Great atmosphere and excellent staff made our stay enjoyable.