X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

This hostel was in a great location and very well priced. There were tons of bathrooms and a great rooftop terrace. The homemade dinner and beer on tap were nice touches and the wifi worked great. But there were some things that were not so great. The staff was disorganized and didn't seem to care about the guests. The bathrooms were very unclean and had a bad smell. The room had mosquitoes and the towels were old and dirty. This hostel would have been a great stay had it been properly cleaned.

OK, but I'm pretty sure my bed linen hadn't been washed in a very long time - it smelt awful and pretty sure it was full of bed bugs. Not worth the cheap prices.

We wash all the linen and change them daily. As we monthly do, and pass, the pest control. You could have told about this problem and we would have changed the linen.

my bed wasnt ready when im check in. the room look dirty. i dont feel safe there.

Check in is at 14:00, you came earlier and wanted to enter in the room anyway

We staid at the hostel for the last 3 days of our trip to Spain. We can't unterstand how this hostel has an overall rating oft over 90%! Our room was dirty, one of our beds was broken and the bathroom situation is horrible. When all showers are in use at once, the pressure oft the water is nearly not existing, means you don't really get wet. Or worstcase there isn't and water coming out of the shower at all. toilet on 2nd floor wasn't working at all.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry for the inconvenience you had, we discovered that someone closed the water main to the hostel from the outside. When our guests come at the reception telling that they have experienced a problem we use to fix it immediately.

This was a really social hostel and there were lots of opportunities to meet people. The location was great, easy to get too and from, but it was definitely the staff and atmosphere that made the stay here so enjoyable.

Very noisy place. Staff is very friendly but not really helpful. Reception is a very dark. It’s definitely overpriced.

A fantastic place to be. If you want a fun place to stay, you found it. There are only 2 problems with X hostel, 1. It can get pretty noise, so if you want a quiet little boutique hostel look as where but if you want an interesting, ingaugeing and amazing time you found it. 2. It's really hard to leave! Loved my time here will be back again and again

• 19th Mar 2014

Great location and a good choice if you're looking for a place to have fun. Seee through doors on showers and bathrooms should be changed. No lockers or tables in the rooms is a huge minus. The bathrooms could be cleaner as well. This is also the most expensive hostel that i have slept in in Spain but,I'm not familiar with the average prices in Malaga.

The two showers can be used by two friends or just for one person locking the door. But thanks to your advice we're going to install courtins and walls to change this. Being a private room, there's no need to have a locker as all the others rooms buyt you could have asked for a safe box... we've plenty of that. Prices are more or less the same of other hostels here in the city.

Great hostel, especially for solo travelling. All staff are very sociable and easygoing. Eat with them for only 5 euro in the evening and take the tours they organise. Great way to start your day or night and to meet loads of interesting people.

I came back to the hostel after 6 months and it was even better than I left. It was renewed and painted. I also had the possibility to meet someone of the staff that was really friendly and helpful

• 27th Feb 2014

chean, helpful, friendly and in a awesome location. with a kool roof terrace too. x hostel you rock!!!

Nice stay, the hostel is really centric, and they organize a lot of activities for morning and night. I'll definitely come back here for the summer.

The staff was amazing, met some really nice people on my tours and at the hostel. Just a great atmosphere and fun place!

The staff is amazing! They're all very personable with a family-style atmosphere. I was sad to leave after staying for a week. They are making renovations with new paint and repairs to the walls so it should look nicer and nicer. Great location close to pubs, food, clubs, shopping and sights with the beach only less than 15 minutes away when walking. They clean everyday, but the drains in the showers and tub are slow so the water backs-up. Rooms are clean with locker and lock-box available.

We fixed the drains in the showers :) - See you next time! It was a pleasure

Absolutely great hostel, fantastic location, all the staff are so friendly and helpful, Ro even personally showed me around some of the best bars in town for live music, great funk and rock!!!! Yeah!

Nice hostel the staff were lovely, good place to stay if you're more interested in clubbing/museums than the beach. Unfortunately raining when I went so not a lot happening and in my room there were 2 really loud drunk guys who woke everyone up at 2 am. Bathrooms leave a bit to be desired...

Bathrooms have been renewed, as many other of our installations

I had such a good time at this hostel that I am planning another trip to Malaga just to stay here again! The staff are so friendly and hilarious and helped me with everything I needed. I went on the pub crawl and had SO much fun and met great people. My room and the bathroom were clean and comfortable and had hot water and everything I needed and THE FEATHER BLANKET WAS THE BEST THING EVER and I loved that I didn't have to pay for a lock for my locker. Wahoo! See you guys soon!