X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

I was just supposed to stay 2 days, but finally stayed almost a week in the hostel. When I arrived, I felt like I was already part of the family. I fell in love with the staff. Every night you can eat together, get free sangria and go for the epic pub crawl. Other than that the location is good, the wifi is good and there is everything you need. Only downside is that the street can get noisy a bit at night, but you cannot have everything in life I guess. Love you guys. Peace

• 1st May 2015

I LOVED my visit! It was a fun atmosphere, great friendly staff, fun guests, clean hostel with a great location. The pub crawl was a ton of fun and actually worth the 10 euros which was impressive. Definitely recommend it to someone who wants to have fun! Even if you don't go out I thought it wasn't super loud if you're just there to sleep.

Great hostel, especially for the price. Friendly staff and you even get a welcome beer. Location is great. What more to say...you get what you need.

• 30th Apr 2015

The best place to stay for a party people. On every evening guys from the hostel organize great social life. It starts with shared dinner and some nice drinking games. Afterwards you can attend a whole night clubbing, which is both crazy and great.

First, the location is actually great (right in the center of town) but the directions to the hostel were terrible. I was lost for over an hour trying to follow the directions they gave. Also, if you're looking for a quiet night, this isn't the place, as it gets very loud every night. The staff itself was friendly, but not attentive at all to their guests. Would rather hangout and talk to each other than help a guest waiting. Overall, it was okay for my one night stay.

The hostel is located near the city center where is lot's of pobs and nightlife. The staff was so nice and friendly.

Was staying for 1 night on Thursday. Was very drunk at the end of the night and sorry for shouting at a fellow guest, also had a time lapse due to amount of alcohol and I don´t drink very much, Scottish guy who doesn´t drink, who would have thought :) Anyway review time - Friendiness - 8/10 I´m a fairly quiet guy and was made welcome by all Dinner - Sorry not great guys, chips (burned and tasteless) and hotdogs from Italians? 5/10 Room - good, as was expected 7/10 Take care!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

All the staff has been giving you the best effort to make your journey here excellent as, in the same way, to create the atmosphere to enjoy your stay. Cooking hot dogs is not that difficult, next yime you are invited for a pasta :) . In the rooms all the beds have now lot of facilities like shelves, reading lights, sockets and to hang up your clothes. Anything else needed can be asked and providen. See you next time mate

At first I wasn't impressed with this hostel because it seemed a little dingy and older, one small toilet for a floor, etc. For the price in a 6 room dorm, I wasn't expecting much more. But each bed had electrical plugs, a small shelf, a reading lamp, and the beds were so comfy. They seemed to think through details to make your stay more comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere fun. Bring earplugs if you expect to sleep. Its central location is VERY noisy through the windows.

I had an amazing time here! The staff was friendly, welcoming, and really made my stay in Malaga amazing!

Really enjoyed my short stay at Picasso's Hangout. If you are looking for a hostel in Malaga where you can meet fellow travellers and have a great time this is the place for you. The extremely friendly staff will make you feel like part of the family. Thank you to Mike, Martine, Marco, Lily, Kate and Serena for making my stay such a pleasant one.

The staff are nice in general. There are lockers in the rooms. The bathrooms are clean but the beds are not very clean. Some of the rooms are facing the streets and their windows do not reduce any noise from outside. It's annoying to sleep in those rooms in which you feel like you just sleep next to those party places.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was brilliant. If you are into chilling out and experiencing the local life of Malaga look no place else. The staff are very helpful and easy going, the food is usually good too! It is also by the castle and in a very picturesque part of the city. The nightlife is great, this is a comfortable hostel where it is easy to relax. I´d give this place a go!

The hostel is just an average hostel like any other. I booked it because the ratings were good, however, I paid 25 euros for a room and it was not worh tthe money. It was very noisy, the staff was OK but not super helpful, the reception was closed in the morning, etc. OK hostel but they should lower the price to make it a better valueformoney ratio.

• 12th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. Our hostel has been full renovated during the last year. We advertise ourself as a party hostel and we are located in a street full of bars, but your room was in the interior part of the building. The single private is the cheapest one you can find online for a hostel and our prices are the same of our direct competence.

Lovely party hostel with amazing people!

This is a great hostel. Convenient location, safe, cheap and great staff. They had a "family dinner" and activities every night which are great for travellers looking to meet other travellers!

• 8th Feb 2015

I booked just for 1 night, but ended up staying longer as I really enjoyed my stay. The location is great, close to everything worth seeing and the staff were awesome. The facilities were good, loads of bathrooms but unfortunately the top terrace couldn't be used as they were doing some maintenance. Overall a good stay! Can't fault it!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Directions provided made it very easy to find via bus from the airport. Location is great, close to some good bars and clubs and not far to the castle. Staff are really friendly and helpful and there are a few sofas to chill out on plus a nice terrace on the roof, although there are a lot of stairs up to the rooms.

I had a great time at this hostel. The staff were always very accommodating and helpful. They were also great fun to hang out with and always guarantee a good evening out. Thank you for making my week so much fun!

• 11th Jan 2015

Great staff, great location. I really enjoyed getting to meet the staff and sharing time and experiences with everyone. The atmosphere was perfect and it never felt awkward for me at all. I will be going back there soon.

• 6th Jan 2015

Fun place, perfect location and the staff were fun and friendly and took you out for a great night out! I highly reccomend staying here.

• 6th Dec 2014