X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

Very nice staff, friendly and helpful. Excellent location close to the bars and restaurants, nice environment, social activities and people. I know its a party hostel but there are some items that disturbed me and my friend: Noise during the night (after 23h), lack of privacity in the room, as there we're a Window close to the kitchen, that everybody that went there, could see us, and the lack of cleaning. The bathroons we're very dirty (specially at night) and no Hot water in the last day.

Hi Ana, thanks for your review. Sorry for the noise after 23h, we try to keep it quite around midnight when we go out all together, Spain has different time and the party starts later. We use to do cleaning hourly till midnight, after that (till 9:00am) there's noone working so we cannot check bathrooms. You could have told us and we could have cleaned better for you, same for the hot water, that didn't work just because the wind switched off the boiler.

originally booked for 1 nights but decided to stay for a week after i had such an amazing time at this hostel. excellent location with great facilities and great staff. The entertainment the staff put on at night is alot of fun. i defineately recommend this hostel. i will be back for sure.

• 13th May 2015

At X hostel there's always something going on. Solo travellers need not worry! It couldn't be more central to Malaga's nightlife and while this entails some noise, you'll probably be out! There's a cheap and filling student-type dinner and beer €5 and a fun pubcrawl after for €10. It's simple but it has all you'll need, it's cheap and it has a great atmosphere! Big thanks to the staff- especially Michael (really friendly and knowledgable!) & Marco the owner with his funny stories!

It was near the main tourist attractions, the staff was great and i had a great weekend. Definitely recommend it

Staff was very welcoming and organized great parties!

I came back after my first experience in this hostel and I had even more fun then the previous one. The hostel was more crowded and they organized better pub crawls with free sangria and free shots. Always clean and with new facilities in the rooms. See you next time guys.

I was just supposed to stay 2 days, but finally stayed almost a week in the hostel. When I arrived, I felt like I was already part of the family. I fell in love with the staff. Every night you can eat together, get free sangria and go for the epic pub crawl. Other than that the location is good, the wifi is good and there is everything you need. Only downside is that the street can get noisy a bit at night, but you cannot have everything in life I guess. Love you guys. Peace

• 1st May 2015

I LOVED my visit! It was a fun atmosphere, great friendly staff, fun guests, clean hostel with a great location. The pub crawl was a ton of fun and actually worth the 10 euros which was impressive. Definitely recommend it to someone who wants to have fun! Even if you don't go out I thought it wasn't super loud if you're just there to sleep.

I had great fun with the staff, pub crawls every night just for people with good liver. The hostel is clean and they are always avaialable to give any help you need.

Great hostel, especially for the price. Friendly staff and you even get a welcome beer. Location is great. What more to say...you get what you need.

• 30th Apr 2015

The best place to stay for a party people. On every evening guys from the hostel organize great social life. It starts with shared dinner and some nice drinking games. Afterwards you can attend a whole night clubbing, which is both crazy and great.

First, the location is actually great (right in the center of town) but the directions to the hostel were terrible. I was lost for over an hour trying to follow the directions they gave. Also, if you're looking for a quiet night, this isn't the place, as it gets very loud every night. The staff itself was friendly, but not attentive at all to their guests. Would rather hangout and talk to each other than help a guest waiting. Overall, it was okay for my one night stay.

The hostel is located near the city center where is lot's of pobs and nightlife. The staff was so nice and friendly.

Was staying for 1 night on Thursday. Was very drunk at the end of the night and sorry for shouting at a fellow guest, also had a time lapse due to amount of alcohol and I don´t drink very much, Scottish guy who doesn´t drink, who would have thought :) Anyway review time - Friendiness - 8/10 I´m a fairly quiet guy and was made welcome by all Dinner - Sorry not great guys, chips (burned and tasteless) and hotdogs from Italians? 5/10 Room - good, as was expected 7/10 Take care!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

All the staff has been giving you the best effort to make your journey here excellent as, in the same way, to create the atmosphere to enjoy your stay. Cooking hot dogs is not that difficult, next yime you are invited for a pasta :) . In the rooms all the beds have now lot of facilities like shelves, reading lights, sockets and to hang up your clothes. Anything else needed can be asked and providen. See you next time mate

At first I wasn't impressed with this hostel because it seemed a little dingy and older, one small toilet for a floor, etc. For the price in a 6 room dorm, I wasn't expecting much more. But each bed had electrical plugs, a small shelf, a reading lamp, and the beds were so comfy. They seemed to think through details to make your stay more comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere fun. Bring earplugs if you expect to sleep. Its central location is VERY noisy through the windows.

I had an amazing time here! The staff was friendly, welcoming, and really made my stay in Malaga amazing!

Really enjoyed my short stay at Picasso's Hangout. If you are looking for a hostel in Malaga where you can meet fellow travellers and have a great time this is the place for you. The extremely friendly staff will make you feel like part of the family. Thank you to Mike, Martine, Marco, Lily, Kate and Serena for making my stay such a pleasant one.

The staff are nice in general. There are lockers in the rooms. The bathrooms are clean but the beds are not very clean. Some of the rooms are facing the streets and their windows do not reduce any noise from outside. It's annoying to sleep in those rooms in which you feel like you just sleep next to those party places.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was brilliant. If you are into chilling out and experiencing the local life of Malaga look no place else. The staff are very helpful and easy going, the food is usually good too! It is also by the castle and in a very picturesque part of the city. The nightlife is great, this is a comfortable hostel where it is easy to relax. I´d give this place a go!

The hostel is just an average hostel like any other. I booked it because the ratings were good, however, I paid 25 euros for a room and it was not worh tthe money. It was very noisy, the staff was OK but not super helpful, the reception was closed in the morning, etc. OK hostel but they should lower the price to make it a better valueformoney ratio.

• 12th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. Our hostel has been full renovated during the last year. We advertise ourself as a party hostel and we are located in a street full of bars, but your room was in the interior part of the building. The single private is the cheapest one you can find online for a hostel and our prices are the same of our direct competence.