X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

We stayed during the Feria so the prices were much higher. The chef was nice but the rest of the staff didn't even smile. The hostel is very dark and gloomy and somewhat depressing. We stayed in a 6 bed room which was cramped with very poor air conditioning. I had to ask for a bed sheet because my bed didn't have one. The bathrooms were extremely poor, the toilet seat had been broken off and there was no room to move. I saw the girl clean the bathroom in a mere 30 seconds. Do not stay!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hostel was in a great location, staff were friendly and helpful. Bathrooms weren't the cleanest they could be. Was hard to charge phone as there was one working power point between 8 people.

• 19th Aug 2014

X Hostel should be an Ex hostel, or just re-name itself Fawlty Towers. Only saving grace are the staff, Michael, Andy & Lenka who work hard to get some atmosphere & a good vibe. Everything is broken or shoddily repaired from the front door to showers to toilet seats. The dining room doubles as a laundry room with stacks of chemicals & bleach. The bed I had was unstable and felt more like being at sea the amount it swayed. Manager is keen to be told of faults but you'd need a week just for that.

Has been the festival of Malaga and we had lot of guest coming back drunk that made damages inside the hostel and broken the front door. Everything has been fixed twice in a few hours, saturday night during holiday... not so common here in Spain with spanish people. The security of the hostel has been always HIGH with someone who checked the CCTV all the 24h of the day. The staff is working hard constantly to fix everything and to male everyones stay comfortable.

Clean, friendly staff, great location.

I spent good times with the staff and the other guests. The rooftop terrace is a nice please to stay and the hostel is not dirty or noisy has he has been described. I'll come back for sure

• 11th Aug 2014

In general the hostel looked pretty run down and dirty, the rooms were small and over-priced.

We did lot of renovations in the last months, with new bathrooms, new terrace and new painting. We fixed the problem with the door in 3 hours, friday night in Spain.... We're also the cheapest hostel between the reccomended by Hostelworld.

Cheap and well located, but not much else to recommend it. The security wasn't great - the front door was locked at night but the door to the 15-bed room never seemed to be locked, and the lockers (bring a padlock) seemed a little flimsy. There were safes in the room but no-one told me how to use them. The staff were pleasant enough but not overly friendly, and there wasn't much of a social atmosphere (in high season). I didn't notice anyone clean while I was there.

There's a CCTV and someone controlling the access 24h. We always ask, and there's also a paper on the door, to lock the door if guests forget it cannot be our fault. If you would have asked how to use the safe-box we have told you without any problem. Our staff is happy to help and to make everyone stays the most pleasant is possible. We use to meet everyone in the terrace at 9:00pm, having dinner with guest and then going out all together. Cleaning is from 9am to 2pm and every 2h till midnight

Nice hostel, friendly staff!!

Staff is super fun. The location is right in the middle of things, which is good and bad depending on who you are. The street noise (at least in my room) keeps up until about 3 or 4 each night so this is a place to go if you plan on being out, not trying to turn in at 11 or 12. Had a good kitchen and they offer cheap meals a lot of nights so it's a good place to go and meet others. It's not the cleanest or anything, but it's just got a good vibe. Just go in with the right expectations.

Everything was ok I had a great time staying here, such a handy location and the staff are very helpful! Our room was clean and tidy

• 9th Jul 2014

If you want to sleep, dont choose this hostel!!It was the most horrible dorm for sleeping i have ever been. Staff is nice, its easy to meet people!

Hi, we are straight in the city center and in the nightlife area, so it's normal that it's a bit noisy till 1-2am. We provide earplugs to solve this situation.

Really great hostel, more hostels should be like this one. So hospitable, clean and friendly

• 1st Jul 2014

I had a very very very squeaky bed so woke up everybody in the room. The bathrooms get flooded easily but they clean them often. Only stayed here 2 nights which was enough.

Hi Yvonne, we could have changed your bed if you would have asked. Sorry for the incovenience

Great hostel! Clean, great social areas and location. Also the staff on the front desk were awesome, very helpful! Loved my stay here and can't speak any higher of this hostel!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I enjoyed very much my stay at the hostal, I had such a great time with the staff, they are really nice and helpful, they clean the hostel often and they also organise a lot of activities. It was just one night but it was really a great one.

• 12th Jun 2014

To much noise!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Hi, you could have asked for earplugs or for another room, we take really care of our costumers requests and we can offer them a pleasant stay

Great people,cosy,charming,friendly staff that are always more than happy to explain everything there is to do in the area. Only stayed there a few nights & were quite busy so we didn't get the chance to fully experience the hostel, but I would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel experience in M. Also, I would recommend the free walking tour of the city,Malaga has great hidden little stories& monuments but it's hard to find them without the help of a friendly guide

Well located hostel, nice staff and good atmosphere. They offer every day dinner for 5 € good to meet people.

One of the bathrooms has a semi-see-through door and the two showers in the room have completely see-through doors which is uncomfortable. The other bathroom the toilet seat does not fit and always slips when you sit on it, also uncomfortable.

I had a really good time at X hostel Malaga. The location is awesome, lots of bars and restaurants within seconds of the hostel. There was a great atmosphere in the common room and the pub crawl was a lot of fun. The staff were also great and ensured I had a good stay.