X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

Fun place, perfect location and the staff were fun and friendly and took you out for a great night out! I highly reccomend staying here.

• 6th Dec 2014

We really loved our stay and couldn't say anything bad about this hostel

• 1st Nov 2014

it really had character and staff were friendly and helpful. the room was very 'cosy' which was challenging when all 4 beds were occupied. I would get rid of the chairs and put the two lockers on top of each other to create more space for people and bags. the kitchen is very basic and could do with more cutlery and bowls. also a tea towel so we can wash and dry our dishes. the location was fantastic. i would definitely stay again.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. We'll remove the chair, but it's impossible to put the lockers on the top, it will be too high and difficult to put the luggage. We have three kitchens and sometimes we move cutlery and bowls, but I can assure you that we've a lot. There's a towel beside the oven to dry the dishes. Hope to see you again

Very nice place, lots of things to do, staff is friendly and great fun to talk to. Very sociable atmoshpere, I met many people to share the good times. recommended!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Russia

I spent good time here. Nice location, clean and amazing staff

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Nice bunch there. Great spot to explore the town and have a beer.

• 25th Sep 2014

Tha owner is really helpful and can provide a lot of information. Thank you

really nice place for knowing both city and people, they organise dinners and parties! Marco and his crew make for a remarkable experience

• 16th Sep 2014

I had a wonderful time. Great Hostel if you want to meet new people and have fun. The staff is great. They make you feel welcome. Would come back any time.

• 11th Sep 2014

Staff were amazing and so helpful! The hostel itself is quite small and homey. with a nice atmosphere in the rooftop terrace. Location is perfect and it's clean.

The staff were great; they always had activities for getting guests together, especially on a night, with drinking games and a pub crawl. The hostel itself was as well-maintained as you could expect at such a busy time, the staff were always on hand to clean when notified of a problem. One of the best things was the location - right in the middle of the nightlife centre, near the main attractions, and very close to the beach. However be aware that it can be quite noisy until 2am.

• 29th Aug 2014

We stayed during the Feria so the prices were much higher. The chef was nice but the rest of the staff didn't even smile. The hostel is very dark and gloomy and somewhat depressing. We stayed in a 6 bed room which was cramped with very poor air conditioning. I had to ask for a bed sheet because my bed didn't have one. The bathrooms were extremely poor, the toilet seat had been broken off and there was no room to move. I saw the girl clean the bathroom in a mere 30 seconds. Do not stay!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hostel was in a great location, staff were friendly and helpful. Bathrooms weren't the cleanest they could be. Was hard to charge phone as there was one working power point between 8 people.

• 19th Aug 2014

X Hostel should be an Ex hostel, or just re-name itself Fawlty Towers. Only saving grace are the staff, Michael, Andy & Lenka who work hard to get some atmosphere & a good vibe. Everything is broken or shoddily repaired from the front door to showers to toilet seats. The dining room doubles as a laundry room with stacks of chemicals & bleach. The bed I had was unstable and felt more like being at sea the amount it swayed. Manager is keen to be told of faults but you'd need a week just for that.

Has been the festival of Malaga and we had lot of guest coming back drunk that made damages inside the hostel and broken the front door. Everything has been fixed twice in a few hours, saturday night during holiday... not so common here in Spain with spanish people. The security of the hostel has been always HIGH with someone who checked the CCTV all the 24h of the day. The staff is working hard constantly to fix everything and to male everyones stay comfortable.

Amazing place to stay, cool atmosphere, very cool people and a great location

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Clean, friendly staff, great location.

I spent good times with the staff and the other guests. The rooftop terrace is a nice please to stay and the hostel is not dirty or noisy has he has been described. I'll come back for sure

• 11th Aug 2014

In general the hostel looked pretty run down and dirty, the rooms were small and over-priced.

We did lot of renovations in the last months, with new bathrooms, new terrace and new painting. We fixed the problem with the door in 3 hours, friday night in Spain.... We're also the cheapest hostel between the reccomended by Hostelworld.

Cheap and well located, but not much else to recommend it. The security wasn't great - the front door was locked at night but the door to the 15-bed room never seemed to be locked, and the lockers (bring a padlock) seemed a little flimsy. There were safes in the room but no-one told me how to use them. The staff were pleasant enough but not overly friendly, and there wasn't much of a social atmosphere (in high season). I didn't notice anyone clean while I was there.

There's a CCTV and someone controlling the access 24h. We always ask, and there's also a paper on the door, to lock the door if guests forget it cannot be our fault. If you would have asked how to use the safe-box we have told you without any problem. Our staff is happy to help and to make everyone stays the most pleasant is possible. We use to meet everyone in the terrace at 9:00pm, having dinner with guest and then going out all together. Cleaning is from 9am to 2pm and every 2h till midnight

I stayed in a big room with lockers inside. Clean, strong wifi, nice atmosphere in the rooftop terrace

• 3rd Aug 2014