X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

If you want to sleep, dont choose this hostel!!It was the most horrible dorm for sleeping i have ever been. Staff is nice, its easy to meet people!

Hi, we are straight in the city center and in the nightlife area, so it's normal that it's a bit noisy till 1-2am. We provide earplugs to solve this situation.

Really great hostel, more hostels should be like this one. So hospitable, clean and friendly

• 1st Jul 2014

I had a very very very squeaky bed so woke up everybody in the room. The bathrooms get flooded easily but they clean them often. Only stayed here 2 nights which was enough.

Hi Yvonne, we could have changed your bed if you would have asked. Sorry for the incovenience

Great hostel! Clean, great social areas and location. Also the staff on the front desk were awesome, very helpful! Loved my stay here and can't speak any higher of this hostel!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I enjoyed very much my stay at the hostal, I had such a great time with the staff, they are really nice and helpful, they clean the hostel often and they also organise a lot of activities. It was just one night but it was really a great one.

• 12th Jun 2014

To much noise!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Hi, you could have asked for earplugs or for another room, we take really care of our costumers requests and we can offer them a pleasant stay

Great people,cosy,charming,friendly staff that are always more than happy to explain everything there is to do in the area. Only stayed there a few nights & were quite busy so we didn't get the chance to fully experience the hostel, but I would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel experience in M. Also, I would recommend the free walking tour of the city,Malaga has great hidden little stories& monuments but it's hard to find them without the help of a friendly guide

Well located hostel, nice staff and good atmosphere. They offer every day dinner for 5 € good to meet people.

One of the bathrooms has a semi-see-through door and the two showers in the room have completely see-through doors which is uncomfortable. The other bathroom the toilet seat does not fit and always slips when you sit on it, also uncomfortable.

I had a really good time at X hostel Malaga. The location is awesome, lots of bars and restaurants within seconds of the hostel. There was a great atmosphere in the common room and the pub crawl was a lot of fun. The staff were also great and ensured I had a good stay.

Great staff... However there were not many gests to hang out with... The room's doors are very noisy so even if you don't want to you end up waking up the other gests... not enough bathrooms/showers.

The location is unbeatable. It was very easy to make friends here..so close to bars and fun pubcrawls..hostel operators did everything possible to accomodate us. Best thing is the atmosphere, so easygoing, reflective of this great city. Ill be back for sure.

• 21st Apr 2014

great hostel, great price and great staff! super close to everything and an awesome terrace. the kitchen could use a bit of work but otherwise great fun. Would stay again.

Hostel was in a good location with great atmosphere , however lacked very much in cleanliness . I found hairs in my sheets and when asked to changed them I was given no apology, my covers also had yellow stains on them .There was also no soap in the bathrooms wash hands after toilet use Overall the place could do with a fix , everything was old especially the bathrooms .

it was ok but dark inside and not very social.

This hostel was in a great location and very well priced. There were tons of bathrooms and a great rooftop terrace. The homemade dinner and beer on tap were nice touches and the wifi worked great. But there were some things that were not so great. The staff was disorganized and didn't seem to care about the guests. The bathrooms were very unclean and had a bad smell. The room had mosquitoes and the towels were old and dirty. This hostel would have been a great stay had it been properly cleaned.

Could not sleep until 4-5 in the morning. First with music from nearby places, then from people sitting talking in the kitchen, just a couple of meters from where I was sleeping. My locker had been used by someone else, and it seemed like it was an effort for the staff to actually find the key to the other one, but they managed in the end. I would only stay here if I was planning to party all night, and maybe sleep in the day.

OK, but I'm pretty sure my bed linen hadn't been washed in a very long time - it smelt awful and pretty sure it was full of bed bugs. Not worth the cheap prices.

We wash all the linen and change them daily. As we monthly do, and pass, the pest control. You could have told about this problem and we would have changed the linen.

great location value for money

We staid at the hostel for the last 3 days of our trip to Spain. We can't unterstand how this hostel has an overall rating oft over 90%! Our room was dirty, one of our beds was broken and the bathroom situation is horrible. When all showers are in use at once, the pressure oft the water is nearly not existing, means you don't really get wet. Or worstcase there isn't and water coming out of the shower at all. toilet on 2nd floor wasn't working at all.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry for the inconvenience you had, we discovered that someone closed the water main to the hostel from the outside. When our guests come at the reception telling that they have experienced a problem we use to fix it immediately.