X Hostel Malaga - Picasso's Hangout Reviews

Calle San Juan de Letran 9, Malaga, Spain

The location is unbeatable. It was very easy to make friends here..so close to bars and fun pubcrawls..hostel operators did everything possible to accomodate us. Best thing is the atmosphere, so easygoing, reflective of this great city. Ill be back for sure.

• 21st Apr 2014

great hostel, great price and great staff! super close to everything and an awesome terrace. the kitchen could use a bit of work but otherwise great fun. Would stay again.

Hostel was in a good location with great atmosphere , however lacked very much in cleanliness . I found hairs in my sheets and when asked to changed them I was given no apology, my covers also had yellow stains on them .There was also no soap in the bathrooms wash hands after toilet use Overall the place could do with a fix , everything was old especially the bathrooms .

it was ok but dark inside and not very social.

This hostel was in a great location and very well priced. There were tons of bathrooms and a great rooftop terrace. The homemade dinner and beer on tap were nice touches and the wifi worked great. But there were some things that were not so great. The staff was disorganized and didn't seem to care about the guests. The bathrooms were very unclean and had a bad smell. The room had mosquitoes and the towels were old and dirty. This hostel would have been a great stay had it been properly cleaned.

Could not sleep until 4-5 in the morning. First with music from nearby places, then from people sitting talking in the kitchen, just a couple of meters from where I was sleeping. My locker had been used by someone else, and it seemed like it was an effort for the staff to actually find the key to the other one, but they managed in the end. I would only stay here if I was planning to party all night, and maybe sleep in the day.

OK, but I'm pretty sure my bed linen hadn't been washed in a very long time - it smelt awful and pretty sure it was full of bed bugs. Not worth the cheap prices.

We wash all the linen and change them daily. As we monthly do, and pass, the pest control. You could have told about this problem and we would have changed the linen.

great location value for money

We staid at the hostel for the last 3 days of our trip to Spain. We can't unterstand how this hostel has an overall rating oft over 90%! Our room was dirty, one of our beds was broken and the bathroom situation is horrible. When all showers are in use at once, the pressure oft the water is nearly not existing, means you don't really get wet. Or worstcase there isn't and water coming out of the shower at all. toilet on 2nd floor wasn't working at all.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry for the inconvenience you had, we discovered that someone closed the water main to the hostel from the outside. When our guests come at the reception telling that they have experienced a problem we use to fix it immediately.

Staff seemed impatient, annoyed, or disinterested in helping me, so I only went to them for checking in & out. There was no record of me paying a key deposit upon check in, but the woman eventually refunded me. Not very many bathrooms and most had both a toilet & shower, so it was a problem if I had to pee and someone was taking a long shower. Minimal equipment in the kitchen for cooking. Party hostel. Good location & wifi. Not the worst hostel, but I would definitely try elsewhere first.

This was a really social hostel and there were lots of opportunities to meet people. The location was great, easy to get too and from, but it was definitely the staff and atmosphere that made the stay here so enjoyable.

Very noisy place. Staff is very friendly but not really helpful. Reception is a very dark. It’s definitely overpriced.

A fantastic place to be. If you want a fun place to stay, you found it. There are only 2 problems with X hostel, 1. It can get pretty noise, so if you want a quiet little boutique hostel look as where but if you want an interesting, ingaugeing and amazing time you found it. 2. It's really hard to leave! Loved my time here will be back again and again

• 19th Mar 2014

Great location and a good choice if you're looking for a place to have fun. Seee through doors on showers and bathrooms should be changed. No lockers or tables in the rooms is a huge minus. The bathrooms could be cleaner as well. This is also the most expensive hostel that i have slept in in Spain but,I'm not familiar with the average prices in Malaga.

The two showers can be used by two friends or just for one person locking the door. But thanks to your advice we're going to install courtins and walls to change this. Being a private room, there's no need to have a locker as all the others rooms buyt you could have asked for a safe box... we've plenty of that. Prices are more or less the same of other hostels here in the city.

Great hostel, especially for solo travelling. All staff are very sociable and easygoing. Eat with them for only 5 euro in the evening and take the tours they organise. Great way to start your day or night and to meet loads of interesting people.

1 2 Next » last »