Xaman Eco-Hostel Reviews

Avenida 10 - 14. Between calle 4 and 6, Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

We stayed here for two nights, the worst nights in our hostel experience ever!! If it wasn't for all the nice backpackers we would be leaving in a second. It was not worth the money. The staff was a bit weird and you couldn't even tell who was working there or not. Nasty toilets and showers. Dorms smells like urin and are very poor. Location is good though.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Fantastic

The hostel is well situated, but it is clearly the only advantage. Yes it is cheap, but I would rather pay a little bit more tan go back there again. The staff was'nt very friendly or neighther welcoming, they play very loud music all night, even though clients were all trying to sleep. It was not very clean or comfortable. I've been to a lot of hostels, in a lot of different countries, and this is one of the worst.

The staff is very good as well as the location and facilities but the hostel would need a complete renovation.

• 25th Dec 2014

It is a verry familiar friendly atmospher at the hostel. The manager & the staff is verry friendly and we feelt us from beginnig like at home. They cook in the evening togehter & if you like you can join the group. We hade a verry nice chritmas party. I did like also the fact that you get people from all over the world in the hostel it is interesting. The hostel ist not fare from the beache. I did enjoy my stay at the hostel and will book it again when i come to mexico next time.

The staff was not professional and they only seemed to want money. The atmosphere was not comfortable at all, the facilities and rooms were not clean. There was no windows, no ventilation and they used very strong products to clean. I didn't even want to sit on the beds, they had old burned mattresses. I didn't stay there and when I told the staff that, he became somewhat agressive and made me pay the 2 nights even though I left the same day. This is not a hostel that I recommend at all.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Melitchy

This hostel advertises itself falsely on Internet. The place was not clean and the staff was not professional. We didn't stay there because they didn't give us what we had reserved and it was not clean at all. They were still cleaning and fixing it when we got there and there was no way we were going to stay there. It was very disappointing. They also lied to us telling us we had to cancel 2 days in advance to get our money back. We ended up having to pay both nights and we left the same day.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The place looked cool but the staff were creepy and made me feel very uncomfortable as a solo traveler

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels