Xayana Guesthouse Reviews

Ban Hua Xieng, Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Laos

I was disappointed that we weren't given a key for our room. We stayed in an 8 person dorm room and they didn't give a key to anybody nor did they provide any lockers to keep valuables safe. You had to go to their other hostel across the road to get a key for your room if it happened to be locked. The shower was dirty when we arrived and I couldn't get any hot water. I suppose this is what you get for $4 a night but I did at least expect a key to my room.

Hostel overbooked us initiallyand then sent us on a wild goose chase looking for their "sister hostel'' which no one knew where it was. After 45 min walking around and finally caving in & hiring a tuktuk, he drove us around in circles looking for it. When we arrived it was in an excellent location just at the end of the night market and many restaurants around in walking distance. No place to store your stuff and the gates locked at 11 and no key is provided.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels