Xayana Guesthouse Reviews

Ban Hua Xieng, Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Hostel overbooked us initiallyand then sent us on a wild goose chase looking for their "sister hostel'' which no one knew where it was. After 45 min walking around and finally caving in & hiring a tuktuk, he drove us around in circles looking for it. When we arrived it was in an excellent location just at the end of the night market and many restaurants around in walking distance. No place to store your stuff and the gates locked at 11 and no key is provided.

We stayed in the 8-person dorm. My bed was right in front of the window with no window covering so there was light coming in and there was no privacy. The room had no lock on the door. In addition, guests in another 8-person dorm have to first walk through our room to get to their room. My friend slept on the top bunk and there was mold in the ceiling. Great location behind Joma Bakery. Charming street with many cute guesthouses.

Bathroom was broken and dirty, stains on the bedsheet, staff was very unfriendly and you had the feeling that they are anoid by the customers, door to the dorm was often opened,

The location is nice but the staff is realy bad! They havent a good place to backpackers meet each other.

The worst hostel in Laos

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Iceland

This is genuinely the rudest most incompetent staff I've met in my entire Asia trip. Booked through hostel world when I got there the guy was telling me I'd spelt my own name wrong then that I hadn't booked. Speaking to people staying there this happens 3 or 4 times a day but most people leave and stay else where. Then when he found me a bed the room smelt of very bad damp from the joining bathroom. Seriously wouldn't recommend people to stay here the only good thing is the wide beds.

• 24th Nov 2013

Booked a private twin room. The room that we booked wasn't actually available when we arrived (although our booking was at very short notice) however we were given alternative rooms in there neighboring hotel opposite the 1st night and a room in the guesthouse the next night. Even after this we still had a very pleasant stay.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels