Xi Town River View Inn Reviews

NO.3 KanZhan Road, Yangshuo, China

One of the greatest view during our trip through China: from our bed directly to these unique mountains! Absolutely great! Nice little lot. If you prefer small and more individual hotels to large complexes the Xi Town River Inn is the best choice to take in Yangshuo! Highly recommendable!

Our room was very nice as well as the view. Staff was always friendly and the restaurant was very good. Recommend the green beans and the eggplant dish. Those were two of our favorite dishes of the whole trip!

The staff was amazing, very friendly and helpful. The whole place was clean and very nice! I would definitely stay here a gain, its right on the river and if you get the deluxe room, it comes with breakfast which was quite good, you can have a traditional Chinese or western breakfast.

Awesome hotel with big rooms for low prices. Felt like I was staying in a 3 star hotel with hostel prices!

Perfection for this charming hotel located close to to touristic center but in a very quiet street. Splendid view from the rooms and the bathroom on the pics kartistics, the river and the city. Its confort is also very much appreciated with perfect system of heat or air conditioned, hot water, bathroom acomodations and confortable beds. Wonderfull service with kindness and efficiency, lot of nice assistance details. We have been wellcome by a very exceptional team. The restaurant is also good.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is a beautiful hotel, located directly at the river bank of Li River. The view from the dinning room and terrace on the river is great. The interior is decorated nicely and I particularly enjoyed the tea in the lounge (with tatami) and heating blanket in my room (in December/January it does get quite chilly at night). The staff and owner are very friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcome. I enjoyed the chats and tea with them. Only thing to be improved is the coffee ;-).

Very nice place! Calm location. Seemed like they decorated not long ago, so everything looked really nice. We stayed in the off-season (Dec. 2013) and for under 200 RMB got a double room with breakfast included. No river view though, but that was ok. Heating via air con plus electric blanket, nice bathroom with an actual shower stall (no flooding of the entire bathroom...), extremely helpful staff who speaks good English. They even drove us to the bus station - for free! Definitely recommended.

Though I saw a lot of pictures on Xi Town's website, I was really surprised by how beautiful the view indeed was. And the location was better than expected, located in a quiet alley down from a main road, 10 minute walk away from West street and the center. The food was really nice, and eating on the terrace (though a bit chilly now) made it amazing. Imagine overlooking the river and mountains while eating! Staff was nice, room was clean and lovely. Excellent for Chinese standards!

• 7th Dec 2013

Good rooms, with aircon, TV, very nice bathrooms. Good location, next to the river with nice views. Good food. They organised many of our activities in Yangshuo and all went very wel, as opposed to some of our other experiences in China. Next time I'm in Yangshuo will definitely be back here.

We stayed here for one night, it is a very nice hotel. The staff is very friendly and kindly. The hotel is closed to li river, just go out of hotel, you can take the bamboo boat to fu li town or Liu gong village. And there is a great garden restaurant beside the river, good food, good river view!

We really enjoyed out stay in This Old Place! Thank you!

This was the most amazing hostel ever! We stay river-view room for two days.The best view of Li river .Also the hotel have they own restaurant the food and beer was cheap.The staff's English was excellent, especially the the guy. Staff was so incredibly helpful, provided us with very helpful advice about the area. Further, they also called us when we didn't get back in time to make sure we are safe! Sooo extremely awesome! I definitely wanna go there again for sure! Thank you for everything!

The staff was excellent. Some speak very well English and are very helpfull. The Location is quit with a nice view on the river.

Great English speaking receptionist on the first day, but on the second day the other guys could not understand a single word. The reserved airport transfer was late by a half an hour. The offers are misleading which room types have a river view, which don't.

It was a great place to stay in this city, is next to the river and have a excellent view of the river. Some of the personal speak English, and they are worried all the time to make your stay the best possible. If you go to see the mountains you should stay here!

I spent a great time at this hotel, I would recommend it to anyone going to this town. I'm looking forward to my next visit. As a foreigner traveling around China I have to say this hotel is one of the most friendly and best customer service I have experienced during my trip. Great service, exceptional rooms amazing room service, they have a great restaurant and bar the food is delicious and very good drinks, in my opinion, best hotel in town!!!!!

• 25th Mar 2013

Excellent hotel Location is great, only takes few mins walk to the Xijie bar street. The view is awesome!!! I really enjoyed my stay in the full view room!!! Very clean, very comfortable bed, The best view hotel in Yangshuo everyone here are kind helpful, and always with lovely smile The owner of this hotel is super! Highly recommend!!!! I am sure I will back again!

• 25th Mar 2013
  • China

Very nice view, possibly the best in town with the exception of some in the countryside. Our room was very spacious, with two parts, one with sofa and table, other one with the bedroom. Did not expect this when booking. I have also never had such a big balcony, although I noticed some of the other rooms' balconies are not as big. Wish I could stay longer, but time was up.