Xi'an Green Forest Hostel Reviews

4F,No.9 North Off Main Street, Lianhu District, Xi'an, China

Room was a good size with very comfortable twin beds, bathroom was also a good size. Staff were excellent and spoke very good English really made us welcome. Perhaps could improve food menue. But otherwise highly recommended.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Super nice staff and modern looking hostel with a nice big common room. Next to subway (2 stops from the Drum Tower). I would stay here again.

The comfiest bed in China! Not in the old city but close to the subway and train staton, the staff are really helpful and speak good english.

Very good hostel in Xi'an which will be to the tastes of most Western backpackers. My dorm days are over travelling with the girlie now but the privates were very good. Located just outside the city wall it is not right in town, but the nearby tube will get you around quickly. The facilities were very good, super clean, fast free wi-fi and a great deck/common area. By Xi'an standards though it is not the cheapest, but then you get what you pay for. A great stay.

Super friendly stuff, amazing location. Loved it! :)

Hostel is in a pretty easy to find location, right in the same building as a bike store called "Giant" so it's easy to find. It's near the railway station. Very modern feel. The double private is just like a hotel room. It's super nice. Staff is very accommodating.

Hi there, thanks to the team. Staff was helpful, the location was nice (near the North Gate, not far from the main train station), the living room is very cosy, the dorms were ok for the price. Be careful with the service in the bar. Being nice is not enough, it'd be better to be a bit quicker sometimes :)

The staff here are wonderful! The common spaces are also very well designed. The whole hostel has a great ambiance!

We had a great time here. The hostel was a little confusing to find but once there it had a great vibe and bar stocked with lovely beers. With a great location just outside the city walls it really is a great base whilst in xi'an

The floor in my dorm was dirty it and was never cleaned for the 3 days I was there. There should have been 4 beds instead of 6, with more storage space and/or a desk and chair. I saw twin bedrooms that looked much better. I still recommend this hostel and I'd go back there if I'm ever in Xi'an, but I would choose a bedroom instead of a dorm. Very helpful staff, I especially liked the little papers that tell directions to landmarks. However, these could be more complete and more accurate!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Nice place to stay, near everything, plus this is the best beds we had on our tour in China !! People are nice, always here to help, bathroom are well done, facilities are much than needed and it's a very cheap place for what is offered !! I recommend it for all the people with little budget (or not) and who wants to be near sites of interest in Xi'an.

Liked this hostel a lot, easy to get to by metro, come out and turn left then go through traffic lights (look up and you'll see the sign). It's on the fourth floor, go through the other hostel on ground floor to get to it (up some steps). There's a lift, good wifi, terrible food don't eat there. One problem was it was very loud in our double ensuite and we had to get up and ask the staff to turn it down (our window was facing the bar), get a room on the non bat side if possible. Needs some tlc

The staff were incredibly friendly and professional at all times. I got to know a few of them individually, and they were fun to talk with. Very helpful with directions and suggestions on where to go and what to eat. I felt very safe here. My only complaint is that on my last night, there was some sort of construction going on that woke up everyone in my dorm room. One of my roommates asked them to stop, and they did, but why would you make any kind of loud noise like that at 3am?

• 1st Aug 2014

Great Hostel! Great Stuff! I fully recommend a stay there, when you are in Xi'an! Good location and very clean.

Staff was friendly, helpful, and good english. The bar/lounge/restaurant area is very nice: roof location, large, with lots of windows and a mix of indoors and outdoor sections. Location next to the wall's north gate & the metro station was perfect. They flexilbly help with guidance on inexpensive public transit to locations, private car service, or tours. The western breakfast options were reasonably good. Access to bell & drum towers & muslim quarter are all reachable in a few metro stops

• 25th Jul 2014

The food takes a little too long to get ready. Except for that is a very good hostel.

I admite that.It does take a little while if there are lots of guest odered food in our bar.So sorry about that.and we will working harder to make you more comfortable here. Thanks.

It was a very pleasant stay at Xi'an Green Forest. The directions to find the hostel were described very poorly, but it is very near the subway, so we could go anywere we want without problems. Perfect views. Dorm was okay, twinroom was above perfect.

Thanks for your comment,we have modified the directions to find the hostel,and the other attractions in the city.So next time in xi'an,we will offer better service for you. Thanks.

Ive been travelling for one month in China and this is the best hostel i've been by far. Good location, great terrace with views at the Old Town, nice ambience, clean.. The most important, the best staff ever! Really the most efficient and helpful people I've knoen in China. We had a problem with a transfer to Huashan Mountain and they solved it in 10min and perfectly. Thank you guys for everything!

So thank you for your praise! We are looking forward to your next time in Xi'an!

Nice rooms

Yeah,sure that's what we offer!! Thanks for your comment.

it is good location .close to the subway stop (an yuan men) very nice staff in the bar and front office . so good views from lunge . you can see the citywall. i will stay again . recommend it .

It sounds very nice,but why the review grade is a little low? Anyway ,thanks for your praise.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6