Xi'an Green Forest Hostel Reviews

4F,No.9 North Off Main Street, Lianhu District, Xi'an, China

Great location . just 5 min to subway station

Hostel is a bit hard to find for those have no experience in mandarin. I suggest to update the directions with additional address information in Chinese for example taxi drivers or those by foot and having only Chinese maps (like Baidu). Staff and owner are very friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities are clean and organised. The dorm I had, had no windows outside, not a real problem for me though. Location is ok, just outside the north wall. Cheapest in town! Would recommend.

Our confirm email already put Chinese address and maps. So it would be easier for the guests to find our hostel. Thanks for your suggestion, Have a nice trip!

I live in China and have stayed in many hostels and Leo is as good as it gets!! Great staff, great location and great price! Also they help organise all kinds of trips at the lowest possible prices!! really really recommend them!!

Thanks for your high comment on our hostel. Wish you have a nice trip!

Nice hostel, with a cool lounge area that offers reasonable priced drinks. Some of the staff didn"t speak that well English, as previous comments said.

We have training some new staff who can speak good English. When you come here next time, you will have another better experience. Have a nice trip!

Nice room, brilliant bed, a little hard to find the front door due to poor signage but not as bad as other reviews make out. Wifi Not as good as it should be and this is very important for modern travellers. Staff were friendly and helpful and provided maps and guides. 1 grumble, the food in the cafe is over priced, especially given the meagre size of the portions. It would be cheaper to get on the tube and go to McDonald's by the bell tower than to eat in the cafe which was dissapointing.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Where are you now? we will test wifi connection each day now and try to teach all the staff know how to repair. For the food in XI'an, the western food normally this price.Anyway, have a nice trip in follwing days!

The hostel is amazing, looks like a hotel to me. The lounge area, the rooms, the bathroom, the staff, was a 10. If i ever return to Xi'an i will stay here again, that's for sure.

Not a bad hostel at all, quite hard to find but turned out to be in a great location with a fantastic view of the North Gate from the terrace. Quite a difficult language barrier with the staff, but they were still helpful. Would stay here again

I had a great time at my stay in this hostel for 2 nights! The room was clean and the facilities too. The only problem I had was when I had a difficult time to sleep after a long hour of journey from Shanghai because of the bar's very loud music. My dorm room was just right beside the bar.

Most comfortable hostel bed you will sleep in in China! Staff was incredibly helpful as well. 10/10 would stay here again

Thank you all very much! Especially Lu for the great chat :)

this is the second time i stay in Xi'an Green Forest Hostel. the atmosphere in the lounge area is so so so comfortable and welcoming. when i stay there, there is a BBQ party in the evening. Many western people there as well. staff very helpful and speaking good English Recommend to other travellers!

Fantastic place! Location is not perfect, but those shortcomings are taken care of with the fantastic price. Will recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel in Xian.

The staff was very helpful and they give good advice!

• 25th Feb 2015

The service was out of this world. The staff spoke wonderful English and was willing to help us with planning our trips across the city as well as a side trip to Mount Hua. Wonderful location within walking distance to the city wall and a metro stop that will get you just about anywhere. If you go to Xi'an, you have to stay in Green Forest.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Thanks for your stay,We are glad you enjoyed our hostle,we wish you a happy landing

We came in a group during the Chinese New Year. I booked 3 dorm beds and 1 double suite. The staff were nice and very helpful. The dorm was ok. Beds were comfortable and the people who staying there were nice. The only problem they had was the double suite room on the 8th floor. The whole floor was incredibly smelly. We tried to change that room but the front desk told me all the rooms are fully booked that day. So we had to stay in that smelly room for the whole night. What an experience.

Great! Very helpful and considerate staff, excellent atmosphere.

• 3rd Feb 2015

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hostel and I highly recommend it. Great location and staff is very helpful and speaks great english. Overall, a great experience! ... Here are some little issues to mention tho: Coffee/food is a bit over-priced, it's chilly in the common area, and the directions to the hostel are ridiculous: "... transfer to the subway Line 2,and get off at Anyuanmen, go out at Entrance and walk 30 meters to our hostel." What direction? What floor of the building?

Thank you for the love of the hotel, thank you recommend your questions, we will change our tips as soon as possible, I wish you all the best travel in China

Loved this hostel. All you need for a relaxing temporary home in xi'an. Clean, huge rooms, excellent facilities for travelers. I would add that you can easily walk here from the train station in about 15 mins if you don't mind walking!

Our goal is to make your life as the locals do, traveling, I'm glad you agree with us, so that we have more confidence in service every guest. Looking forward to your coming again

The common area is very nice. Not so strong wifi signal in the rooms. 50 m away from metro station, u can also walk to the city wall and ride a bike on it. Convenient location to take buses to Terracota Warriors and Hua Shan. The beds are clean, but the floor isn't so much. Also a couple of things weren't working properly in the shower room, which by the way was kind of far from our room. Overall a good place to stay

Because it is an old building, so the signal is not very good telecommunications lines, resulting network is very bad, we are ready to change suppliers, we believe that the wifi speed must be good. Similarly, we will also be covered with carpet in the hallway, easier cleaning. In short, thanks for your suggestions and praise, I wish you all the best

That is not a Hostel, it's a hotel! This is by far the best Hostel i have ever stayed at and i can only recommend it to all of you. Everything was indeed excellent!

We are glad you enjoyed our hotel, thank you agree to us, hope that you travel in China all goes well