Xi'an Green Forest Hostel Reviews

4F,No.9 North Off Main Street, Lianhu District, Xi'an, China

this is the second time i stay in Xi'an Green Forest Hostel. the atmosphere in the lounge area is so so so comfortable and welcoming. when i stay there, there is a BBQ party in the evening. Many western people there as well. staff very helpful and speaking good English Recommend to other travellers!

Fantastic place! Location is not perfect, but those shortcomings are taken care of with the fantastic price. Will recommend it to anyone looking for a hostel in Xian.

The staff was very helpful and they give good advice!

• 25th Feb 2015

The service was out of this world. The staff spoke wonderful English and was willing to help us with planning our trips across the city as well as a side trip to Mount Hua. Wonderful location within walking distance to the city wall and a metro stop that will get you just about anywhere. If you go to Xi'an, you have to stay in Green Forest.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Thanks for your stay,We are glad you enjoyed our hostle,we wish you a happy landing

We came in a group during the Chinese New Year. I booked 3 dorm beds and 1 double suite. The staff were nice and very helpful. The dorm was ok. Beds were comfortable and the people who staying there were nice. The only problem they had was the double suite room on the 8th floor. The whole floor was incredibly smelly. We tried to change that room but the front desk told me all the rooms are fully booked that day. So we had to stay in that smelly room for the whole night. What an experience.

Great! Very helpful and considerate staff, excellent atmosphere.

• 3rd Feb 2015

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hostel and I highly recommend it. Great location and staff is very helpful and speaks great english. Overall, a great experience! ... Here are some little issues to mention tho: Coffee/food is a bit over-priced, it's chilly in the common area, and the directions to the hostel are ridiculous: "... transfer to the subway Line 2,and get off at Anyuanmen, go out at Entrance and walk 30 meters to our hostel." What direction? What floor of the building?

Thank you for the love of the hotel, thank you recommend your questions, we will change our tips as soon as possible, I wish you all the best travel in China

Loved this hostel. All you need for a relaxing temporary home in xi'an. Clean, huge rooms, excellent facilities for travelers. I would add that you can easily walk here from the train station in about 15 mins if you don't mind walking!

Our goal is to make your life as the locals do, traveling, I'm glad you agree with us, so that we have more confidence in service every guest. Looking forward to your coming again

The common area is very nice. Not so strong wifi signal in the rooms. 50 m away from metro station, u can also walk to the city wall and ride a bike on it. Convenient location to take buses to Terracota Warriors and Hua Shan. The beds are clean, but the floor isn't so much. Also a couple of things weren't working properly in the shower room, which by the way was kind of far from our room. Overall a good place to stay

Because it is an old building, so the signal is not very good telecommunications lines, resulting network is very bad, we are ready to change suppliers, we believe that the wifi speed must be good. Similarly, we will also be covered with carpet in the hallway, easier cleaning. In short, thanks for your suggestions and praise, I wish you all the best

That is not a Hostel, it's a hotel! This is by far the best Hostel i have ever stayed at and i can only recommend it to all of you. Everything was indeed excellent!

We are glad you enjoyed our hotel, thank you agree to us, hope that you travel in China all goes well

Very very very friendly staff Willing to help you out at any time of the day

I'm not just being nice. This place really was excellent in every way. The staff were helpful in every way they could be, from stocking the room with tearable directions to the sights, to writing out "I am a vegetarian" in Chinese on a paper we could take to restaurants. The room was clean and cleaned everyday, and the location was no more than 30 meters from a subway station. Just don't be confused trying to find the place- their front desk is on the 4th floor! Great in every way!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hostel is located just outside the city wall, takes around 10/15 minutes to walk into central area. Hostel facilities were always clean and beds are very comfortable. However the bar/restaurant was overpriced in my opinion. Hot and cold water was available for free which was good! Lockers were not the most secure, but apart from that a great all round hostel.

A very nice hostel! Excellent value for money and really nice staff! They could give better directions to get to the hostel!

There should be some more entertament facilities such as pool table.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • China

Very nice place. The most friendly and helpful staff I've ever had. Very clean and beds a way much comfortable in relation to the average of hostel's beds around China. Really cheap also. Recommended 100 %

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Chile

We had a really nice stay at this hostel. The staff was more than friendly and helped us a lot. Xavier showed us around some places. There are shared 2 showers and 2 toilets(clean), no idea how it will work out when it's fully booked. But as we were there it was no problem. Wifi was ok.

Thank you for your appreciations! For the lack of the facilities, especially the bathroom, we would definitely improve it in the near future, and we are looking forward to your coming back! :)

I really enjoyed my stay there. The location is close to the north gate and thus quite central. Staff is super friendly- especially the girls from the reception and the bar are eager to help u with any kind of problem, e.g. I needed to have another charging cable for my tablet as mine didnt work so i just asked at the reception...and they helped me out immediately. They also explained many things regarding my travels...would definitely stay there again. Bed, bathroom...everything is clean

Thanks for your applause,we are so glad that you enjoyed your traveling in Xi'an .Welcome to here again .

I was two days at the 4th floor and it was excellent but the last day I had to move to the 8th floor I it was very different. My room was located just closed to the bathroom and was very noiser because of the the people and the exhaust working the hole night and the flat smell bad.No hangers in the showers......

Thanks for choosing our hostel. We are sorry for the problems that happened in 8th floor. There were some workers from other floor doing constructions works at night. We are feel terrible sorry for you. We will do our best to improve our hard service and soft service. Hope you come next time.