Xi'an Travelling With Hostel An Yuan Men Reviews

4F,No.9 North Off Main Street, Lianhu District, Xi'an, China

Clean, comfortable and secure dorm rooms means great value for money. Limited toilet/shower facilities might cause an issue. Nice communal bar/cafe area to meet others, didn't try the food though recommend eating elsewhere. Bored staff were unhelpful and lacked any motivation. Location is fine, though they should improve their directions as it isn't easy to find once nearby. Find the GIANT BIKES store, and enter the hotel next door, it's up the lift at the back of this building.

Great place to stay, the best hostel I've stayed at in China (or in the world, as the hostels in China generally are very good), the location is very convenient next to the subway and the city wall. The deluxe double room was big and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Our room smelled a little bad (up on the 8th floor) but other than that it was exactly what we needed and worth the price

The upstairs rooms smelled worse than the downstairs ones, but that's my only complaint. Everything was clean and interesting and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Nice experience. One small point - chef needs to learn how to make toast not warm bread! Nice place, would stay again but bring a toaster! Food good standard - if you're in need of western style food you'll be happy.

• 4th May 2015
  • Scotland

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in, I cant think of one negative. Keep up the great work!!!!

Simply a great hostel, with an awesome terrace to chill out at night. I would totally recommend.

Very great value! Cool little bar/lounge area and super clean, big, modern rooms. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

We stayed there with pour 2 boys ( 12,15 ) for 3 nights and we had a great time. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, great food ( my boys said - the dumplings where the best they ever had in China :-)) The location is perfect - just a few minutes to the metro and in walk distance to the city wall. We joint the BBQ and enjoyed the nice food - great atmosphere - for the kids it was so cool to get in contact with young chinese people - we really enjoyed our time in that hostel.

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at the Xi'an green forest hostel! It was nice to come back at the end of a long day and have our room ready for us and if I had a concern about anything they would fix it right away. The beds were very comfortable and each bunk in the dorm room had their own electrical outlet so we could all charge our devices for the next day. The only thing that was a little frustrating was the wifi. It only worked occasionally and not very well when it was working.

• 25th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel. Smelled a little funny though.

Not too bad, but not too great either. Dorm rooms and bathroom area are somewhat dingy, shower areas are very tiny without much space to put your stuff. Fairly nice lounge area, although there weren't many people around when I was there. Staff were friendly, but didn't seem very knowledgeable about the area. Location is right by a subway stop, so easy to get to from the Xi'an North train station, but not really in walking distance to any of the things you'd want to see in Xi'an.

Great location . just 5 min to subway station

Hostel is a bit hard to find for those have no experience in mandarin. I suggest to update the directions with additional address information in Chinese for example taxi drivers or those by foot and having only Chinese maps (like Baidu). Staff and owner are very friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities are clean and organised. The dorm I had, had no windows outside, not a real problem for me though. Location is ok, just outside the north wall. Cheapest in town! Would recommend.

Our confirm email already put Chinese address and maps. So it would be easier for the guests to find our hostel. Thanks for your suggestion, Have a nice trip!

Staff were super friendly and helpful! My only complaint is that it was really hard to find because you have to go in a hotel and then get on their elevator to get to the hostel, so that was a bit confusing. But great overall. :)

• 9th Apr 2015

I live in China and have stayed in many hostels and Leo is as good as it gets!! Great staff, great location and great price! Also they help organise all kinds of trips at the lowest possible prices!! really really recommend them!!

Thanks for your high comment on our hostel. Wish you have a nice trip!

Nice hostel, with a cool lounge area that offers reasonable priced drinks. Some of the staff didn"t speak that well English, as previous comments said.

We have training some new staff who can speak good English. When you come here next time, you will have another better experience. Have a nice trip!

Nice room, brilliant bed, a little hard to find the front door due to poor signage but not as bad as other reviews make out. Wifi Not as good as it should be and this is very important for modern travellers. Staff were friendly and helpful and provided maps and guides. 1 grumble, the food in the cafe is over priced, especially given the meagre size of the portions. It would be cheaper to get on the tube and go to McDonald's by the bell tower than to eat in the cafe which was dissapointing.

Where are you now? we will test wifi connection each day now and try to teach all the staff know how to repair. For the food in XI'an, the western food normally this price.Anyway, have a nice trip in follwing days!

The hostel is amazing, looks like a hotel to me. The lounge area, the rooms, the bathroom, the staff, was a 10. If i ever return to Xi'an i will stay here again, that's for sure.

Not a bad hostel at all, quite hard to find but turned out to be in a great location with a fantastic view of the North Gate from the terrace. Quite a difficult language barrier with the staff, but they were still helpful. Would stay here again